test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs, Q weekend June

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Quote:
Dstahl
The current plan is that you'll see another Q XP weekend in June as well as the release of some new types of Deepspace Encounters which begin to introduce some storyline stuff that will be happening shortly after Season 4 goes live in July!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=215585&page=4

I was just wondering if you could say if the Q weekend in June will be the same as the last one double XP and double emblems

P.s If you start it on the 9th of June my birthday is the 11th be a great B'day present :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Anyone know anything about this? there must be more info on this!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Nothing official has been made yet. Also, I'd love one too as I was without power that weekend thanks to mother nature.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    We will definately be getting the weekend but good to know if we get the double emblems again otherwise not much to look forward to
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I guess no one else cares about this then. I was just hoping for some info, concidering they done it before everything is already made and ready to go. So I guess it will just be like it was before.

To cryptic if you think its a good idea to take got double emblems it would not be at all. I dont need XP as all my 7 chars are VA and do not need more XP.

I will gain some XP from doing all my dailies
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Currently scheduled for the June 17-19th weekend and it will be the same as the last Q XP weekend with double rewards.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Looks like I am going to miss another because of work. Dasthl, how did you guys find out my work schedule? :p
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Nice looks like my klingon will get some love that day
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    dstahl wrote: »
    Currently scheduled for the June 17-19th weekend and it will be the same as the last Q XP weekend with double rewards.

Thank you Dstahl for your reply to this thread it is really much appreciated. I really enjoyed the last Q weekend, it was a great addition to the game.

Thank you for you time

Lee
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    My computer has been broken and I'm not privy to all information. What is a Q weekend?
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Lucky one week before glasto, would be sad if otherwise!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    SandDog wrote:
    Looks like I am going to miss another because of work. Dasthl, how did you guys find out my work schedule? :p

Heh, you and I both... But then I work pretty much all wekend every weekend, so I am used to missing a lot of STO weekend fun. That said, during the previous 'Q' event, I did get to enjoy the final hour, which happened to be enough to push my primary Klin-toon up to LG...(casual leveling of said toon started during head start)... *Woot*... So not a total wash!

maj!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    QorDaq wrote: »
    Heh, you and I both... But then I work pretty much all wekend every weekend, so I am used to missing a lot of STO weekend fun.

Must be a nice problem to have. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Kasensal wrote:
    My computer has been broken and I'm not privy to all information. What is a Q weekend?

Double EXP weekends i beleive....i missed the last one.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Glad Q decided to celebrate my birthday.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Will there be another 50% Off Ships Sale too? PLEASE?? :D

(And many of us want to know that our Atari Tokens Purchases go to YOU and CRYPTIC and not to Atari after the recent news. Please let us know about that.)
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Well, that will certainly make for a Happy Father's Day for me :D
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    We didn't get double Valor or Emblems for STF last time. Could we bet this this time?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Kasensal wrote:

Q came to ESD you can talk to him and he gives you a 4 hour boost and after 4 hours you can just go back to Q and get the 4 hour boost again.

What ever your XP for completing A mission now when you have the Q boost you will get double, for example 500 XP you will get 1000. And for emblems you normally get 3 you get 6 , or if its 1 you get 2

hope this helps
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    leea123 wrote: »
    Q came to ESD you can talk to him and he gives you a 4 hour boost and after 4 hours you can just go back to Q and get the 4 hour boost again.

What ever your XP for completing A mission now when you have the Q boost you will get double, for example 500 XP you will get 1000. And for emblems you normally get 3 you get 6 , or if its 1 you get 2

hope this helps

Rad.

[][][][]
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Will we get double diplomacy points?
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Am not sure as i didnt do any diplomacy last time but i dont think that is doubled just XP, emblems, marks of honor maybe marks of exploration. but dont quote me as am not sure
  • Options
    edited May 2011

The last Q XP weekend did not include double diplomacy points, I was looking for that. It probably won't happen next time either.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

This is great news!

I was planning on rolling a Klingon Engineer when season 4 goes live and now I’ll be able to fast track it to Lt. General a bit :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011

http://www.startrekonline.com/calendar/2011/06

Am really disappointed with this, the catians and aenar are not better then a Q weekend. I cannot believe this was pushed to later in the month. 24 - 27. the extra day is nice but you could have just add a day to the orriginal date 17 - 19 and added the Catian and aenar on the 24 etc Thanks for the extra day thou....

For me this will make me take a month off because am tired of doing the same things over and over.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Am really disappointed with this, the catians and aenar are not better then a Q weekend. I cannot believe this was pushed to later in the month. 24 - 27. the extra day is nice but you could have just add a day to the orriginal date 17 - 19 and added the Catian and aenar on the 24 etc Thanks for the extra day thou....

For me this will make me take a month off because am tired of doing the same things over and over.

I'm actually pretty happy with that arrangement, for one big reason: Borg Invasion DSEs + Q weekend = Win. If you're tired of doing the same things over, then be glad you'll have something new to do (aside from foundry missions, ofcourse) when Q does pay us a visit :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Its actually QQ weekend. It has something to do with T5 Connies, Klingon content, and PVP balance.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Gah...this sucks.

I was going to be off work that whole time (I was taking the time off for STO, I just lucked out on the dates). I'm in Japan and due to being on the other side of the dateline, half of these weekends fall on workdays for me.

I agree, move the dates back to where they were and move the C-Store TRIBBLE to the end of the month.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Its actually QQ weekend. It has something to do with T5 Connies, Klingon content, and PVP balance.

I know this is a joke, but the morbid part of me finds the idea of weekend-only NPC's dedicated to whining about the game to be an absolute must-play idea.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

That indeed would be epic. I can see some of the NPC dialogue in ESD already...

"I wish these Admirals would STOP running around the station, pushing me out of the way! Don't they have any sense of decorum?"

"<sigh> Another freeze grenade - yes, yes, very funny."

"If someone asks me where Sulu is ONE more time..."

"Hey, have you SEEN some of the uniforms these captains are wearing?!"