• Options
    borgcrusherborgcrusher Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    really amazing stuff you done on legacy of romulus keep up the good work
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    I think it would have been better to have the power reduction on a scale. You get -10 with no singularity charge and +/- 0 with a fully charged core.

What's balancing the Singularity Powers and the Battle Cloak then?
  • Options
    poeddudepoeddude Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's balancing the Singularity Powers and the Battle Cloak then?

Probably the fact that if you want to actually USE either of those things you are going to have -10 to your power levels for at least the next minute. A minute in combat is quite a long time.

This is actually not the worst suggestion there has been regarding singularity cores. Ofcourse it has been suggested several times already and ignored each and every time.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    poeddude wrote: »
    Probably the fact that if you want to actually USE either of those things you are going to have -10 to your power levels for at least the next minute. A minute in combat is quite a long time.

This is actually not the worst suggestion there has been regarding singularity cores. Ofcourse it has been suggested several times already and ignored each and every time.

Battlecloak doesn't disable your singularity. It will slowly discharge, yes, but not right away.

And who would use the abilities then? I said they're worth more to me than 10 shield power, 10 aux power or 10 engine power (usually). But I really doubt I'd use them more than once a week if they mean 40 power across all subsystems.

They didn't create the singularity abilities to not be used.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    richardgross82richardgross82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    toiva wrote: »
    As has been said, the singularity cores with their power disadvantage may as well balance the Battlecloak, not simply the singularity abilities.

So, if they'd make it a possibility to somehow "switch" to a FED/KDF power system without singularity abilities and power disadvantages, they should disable the cloak (that btw needs all the energy of the core - that's the reason Romulans can't fire energy weapons when cloaked), or at the very least, make it a regular cloak with bad stats.

But I don't think that's happening, anyway.

well, the battle cloak is not exclusive to romulans - and honestly in PvP I don't see the battle cloak giving an advantage - sure it might be a lifesafer if a player is fast enough to engage it, but since the player can not fire with the cloak activated it means also that the other player he fought will have a break and can heal up too.

So in the end all it does is to extend the duration of a fight. And Yes, battle cloaks can be used to get in positions for alpha strikes - but that can be done with the normal cloak most kdf-ships have just as good.

So in my optionen neither the battle cloak nor the singulary core abilities nor both together can compensate for the -40 penalty on energy levels.

just a thought:

As stated before I would like to have the option to switch modes for the singulartiy core between "Charge" (+ singulartiy core abilites, -40 penalty on energy levels) and "Standard" (no singulartiy core abilities, no penalty on energy level).

If the battle cloak is the only remaining reason for the penalty on energy levels then I would like to second the idea to turn it into a normal cloak if the core is in "Standard mode" - as said before you could even justify that with the higher energy levels making the cloak less effective or leaving no energy reserves to engage the cloak immediatly. This way the warbirds would be on the same levels as most kdf-ships.
  • Options
    peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been playing around a bit. After enough tinkering, I ended up with this:

GAbMAGI.png

The singularity powers still stink though. :P
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • Options
    neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    peter1z9 wrote: »
    I've been playing around a bit. After enough tinkering, I ended up with this:

GAbMAGI.png

The singularity powers still stink though. :P

not too bad. guess cycling EptX is just going to be a requirement for romulans.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neok182 wrote: »
    not too bad. guess cycling EptX is just going to be a requirement for romulans.

And that's why I like the current Mogai. :D

It lends itself for at least 3 ways of cycling EPtX. Can't ask for more.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    toiva wrote: »
    And that's why I like the current Mogai. :D

It lends itself for at least 3 ways of cycling EPtX. Can't ask for more.

yup. I have a few plans with it but just have to see what the power levels are like at level 50 before making final decisions.

*side note*

Looking forward to bringing the power level hate to the official romulan forums tomorrow ;-)
    ACCESS DENIED
  • Options
    darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is for any feedback regarding Romulan ships and the Singularity Mechanic. Feel free to comment on turn rate, speed, power levels, boff layouts, the singularity mechanic, singularity powers, ship comparisons, anything related to these ships!

This content is only available to players in the Legacy of Romulus Closed beta.

So this is it? You guys changed back the bridge officer stations of the Mogai and Dhelan and made alot of people I know disappointed :(

Why Didnt you guys just change the more controversial bridge officer station to a universal one? The LC one.

I really hope there is going to be a mirror variant of the Dhelan that does contain a LC Engi station, but then again thats not going to be a fleet variant either :(

There has to be some better solution than making only half of the playerbase happy.
    MT - Sad Pandas