test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: Legacy of Romulus

Comments

• thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You're kinda missing the point, WHY I like fleets and you don't is irrelevant, the point is I do and you lose nothing for me being to play in one.

No my point was that your opinion that it's an integral part of end-game is only relevant to you and others who have realistic access to it.

For the rest of us it may as well not exist. I actually love the fleet idea I hate that the framework and system bars me from participating in it. The point is it wouldn't hurt players in large fleets if those in small fleets got a better deal.

Anyways this is off topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Which is exactly what I said. I like it and have access to it, you don't and plan to ignore it whether it's there or not. So why NOT have it there? This is the problem I'm having, there's no reason not to have romulan fleets.

I never said it was integral to everyone, I said to those who enjoy it it makes for a good part of end game gameplay.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    you said in your q&a

Q: (robertuso) Will a free character slot be provided for the Romulan Republic faction?

Dstahl: Yes, but we haven?t finalized how this will be granted yet.

i can see that i may be difficult to implement one free space to each player with your current start screen layout and i am guessing that as with the other spaces you have so generously provided the free space will be tagged for use by a romulan charactor only.
    so heres an idea, you have hinted that we will be getting a fourth playable faction in the future and i am guessing that you will give a free space at that time so i was thinking you may find it easier to implement if you put in two spaces in now but lock one off for future use, it would fit in a lot neater and better with your current format and will be easier to add, with the added benefit that if or when you do when you do add the forth faction you can simply tag the space as for use by that new faction. simples.

this is only a suggestion of course and i am sure you or some other user may have other ideas for wich way to go with this but i just thought i would throw this idea into the mix for your consideration.

p.s. despite all my moans and gripes i still love the game and realy appreciate that you have kindly provided it for us all to enjoy.
    this is the only mmorpg that i have played (and i have played a few) that keeps me comming back for more and i can play for more then five minutes without getting bored.
    so thank you for that.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

edited March 2013
    Which is exactly what I said. I like it and have access to it, you don't and plan to ignore it whether it's there or not. So why NOT have it there? This is the problem I'm having, there's no reason not to have romulan fleets.

I never said it was integral to everyone, I said to those who enjoy it it makes for a good part of end game gameplay.

With regards to Romulan Fleets they didn't have time to implement them given the schedule probably handed down to them by PW.

They may add it in the future depending on the profit motive.

Those are the clear reasons why they don't have them.

With regards to fleets in general all I am saying is it's a shame that many players don't have realistic access to them precisely because there is such a dearth of end-game content in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited March 2013
    With regards to fleets in general all I am saying is it's a shame that many players don't have realistic access to them precisely because there is such a dearth of end-game content in general.

I agree with that, I just don't think stopping romulans from having their own fleets is going to help at all.

As for the technical reason, yeah I get that, the problem is they've written themselves in to a corner by letting us join fed/KDF fleets, which means romulans will NEVER get our own fleets since you can't just remove players from their fleets and take away all their hard earned gear. If they'd said 'we didn't have time to add fleets but they'll get released in 6 months, guranteed' it'd be fine, but they didn't. What they did was try and put in a stopgap that's going to make it impossible to add them properly later without pissing off a good amount of the romulan playerbase.

Obviously part of the problem is they had to rush it out to get it there in time for the new movie release, but that doesn't mean from a player perspective it isn't still a kick in the teeth.
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    With regards to Romulan Fleets they didn't have time to implement them given the schedule probably handed down to them by PW.

They may add it in the future depending on the profit motive.

Those are the clear reasons why they don't have them.

I agree with that, I just don't think stopping romulans from having their own fleets is going to help at all.

As for the technical reason, yeah I get that, the problem is they've written themselves in to a corner by letting us join fed/KDF fleets, which means romulans will NEVER get our own fleets since you can't just remove players from their fleets and take away all their hard earned gear.

Obviously part of the problem is they had to rush it out to get it there in time for the new movie release, but that doesn't mean from a player perspective it isn't still a kick in the teeth.

Just sums up another poor design concept. They still haven't come up with a solution to an obvious problem identified while beta testing season 6. I'm fortunate to be part of 2 large fleets. Which are near fleet cap. Both are good fun and always very sociable. This now leads me to think that If even half the people in either of them 2 fleets wanted to roll a rom they obviously will want to be with their existing fleets and friends since they are force to join another faction.

Sadly the numbers can't fit because fleet caps are 500. So this is actually likely to be yet another deception to flood lower tier fleets with romulans to help them level up. Poor fix if it is.
    edited March 2013

As for the technical reason, yeah I get that, the problem is they've written themselves in to a corner by letting us join fed/KDF fleets, which means romulans will NEVER get our own fleets since you can't just remove players from their fleets and take away all their hard earned gear. If they'd said 'we didn't have time to add fleets but they'll get released in 6 months, guranteed' it'd be fine, but they didn't. What they did was try and put in a stopgap that's going to make it impossible to add them properly later without pissing off a good amount of the romulan playerbase.

Yeah I think that they've said it's an option but I like you am skeptical about that without a guarantee. In addition Cryptic are known for leaving things half baked and beta in STO.

I play very little now but I don't see it as a kick in the teeth, more the gums as they already kicked all my teeth out :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited March 2013
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    Sadly the numbers can't fit because fleet caps are 500. So this is actually likely to be yet another deception to flood lower tier fleets with romulans to help them level up. Poor fix if it is.

Very much agreed. The stated reason, even if we know it's a lie, was so that we wouldn't have to build up another fleet and could use gear from already established ones, but as you said, any fleet that's passed tier 2 is full. In my case, since my main fed fleet is full, if I want to play with my friends I basically have to join KDF and go with our 15 man tier 0 fleet over there. Hardly a well established fleet with tons of spare gear and ships to choose from, hm?
    I play very little now but I don't see it as a kick in the teeth, more the gums as they already kicked all my teeth out :D

I must just be newer than you then. :P Or possibly just better dental lol.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If the team is 'larger than ever' and they're all working a 6-day week and it's still impossible for Cryptic to implement 3 independent factions then don't ever expect them to in the future.

The pace of development needs to be dialled back after this - people need to take breaks and holiday time and work saner hours for a bit. The hard work is appreciated but this 'faction', much like Nomulus, is the best this team can do.

There's no touching the underlying systems for PvP/PvE and there's no new tech going into STO - the game has completely stagnated in that area.

Instead it's just more art assets, more 'Adventure Zones', and more Rep based around an old zone. The new mission content might be nice, but with so much to do in such a short space of time I've a feeling it'll be rushed - we'll see.

But for those of you hoping that Romulus will one day be an independent faction - it's never going to happen - there's simply no reason for Cryptic to do it. And once people have had a chance to play their Romulans for a bit and Cryptic starts releasing new stuff for the Feds, the Romulan players will be left with smaller numbers than the KDF.

Some people are upset that they won't get to play an independent Romulan faction - what makes me shake my head in despair is the waste - all that money, all those hours worked so they can make a big splash on websites about a 'new faction' and underneath, the game remains *exactly the same*
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You, and people who agree with you, believe the fleet system is nothing but a resource sink, and that's ok, you're totally allowed to have that opinion and I'm not saying you're wrong. However, I, and others like me, think it's an engaging and important part of endgame gameplay.

I agree, I consider the fleet system engaging and important part of the game and I don't consider it a grind-sink because I don't pressure myself into it. I was curious and looking forward to see how the extrerior of the Romulan starbases would look like, as well as how will they look from the inside with the Romulan aesthetics.
    That said, the lack of the above mentioned, doesn't mean that the Republic is not a faction, at least to me.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    I agree, I consider the fleet system engaging and important part of the game and I don't consider it a grind-sink because I don't pressure myself into it. I was curious and looking forward to see how the extrerior of the Romulan starbases would look like, as well as how will they look from the inside with the Romulan aesthetics.
    That said, the lack of the above mentioned, doesn't mean that the Republic is not a faction, at least to me.

Although, in an odd roundabout way, Cryptic deciding to go down the shared fleet route makes it seem like they also think it is a time and resource grind sink. :P
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Face it dan you LIED to us. AGAIN, why should we trust you in anything anymore. You and many others should be fired. You had the perfect set up for the Rommies and BLEW IT! They should not be forced to join Fed or KDF. the battle should be between the Republic and the Star Empire. and that's the choice your toon should make near the begining. You could have gotten back people who had left with this but unlikely now. YOU ARE LOSING PROFIT HERE. I have no incentive to pay for anymore services for this TRIBBLE. You haven't learned, maybe you'll never learn. Hard work means nothing if the product is TRIBBLE.

As I pointed out in my previous reply, I do not think he lied to everyone. Cryptic just needs to make their advertising clearer.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Although, in an odd roundabout way, Cryptic deciding to go down the shared fleet route makes it seem like they also think it is a time and resource grind sink. :P

Only in as much as that they've noticed some smaller fleets have effectively ground to a halt - both the fleets I'm in have - at the rate of progression we're going, it'd take us 20 years to finish the starbases.

Cryptic doesn't want that because it means a large number of players aren't participating at all in the Fleet system - it also complicates adding additional Rep systems - ideally they want us all in big fleets so the load is distributed and everyone keeps contributing.

The real reason Romulans haven't gotten independence and starbases though is two-fold - they don't have the resources to simultaneously develop 3 sets of starbase holdings (in fact, expect to see more faction-agnostic holdings like the embassies because it's a lot less work) and also because they don't have the resources or interest in changing PvE/PvP to accommodate 3+ factions.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
    edited March 2013
    what makes me shake my head in despair is the waste - all that money, all those hours worked so they can make a big splash on websites about a 'new faction' and underneath, the game remains *exactly the same*

That is the sad reality hiding under all the marketing hot air.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If the team is 'larger than ever' and they're all working a 6-day week and it's still impossible for Cryptic to implement 3 independent factions then don't ever expect them to in the future.

The pace of development needs to be dialled back after this - people need to take breaks and holiday time and work saner hours for a bit. The hard work is appreciated but this 'faction', much like Nomulus, is the best this team can do.

There's no touching the underlying systems for PvP/PvE and there's no new tech going into STO - the game has completely stagnated in that area.

Instead it's just more art assets, more 'Adventure Zones', and more Rep based around an old zone. The new mission content might be nice, but with so much to do in such a short space of time I've a feeling it'll be rushed - we'll see.

But for those of you hoping that Romulus will one day be an independent faction - it's never going to happen - there's simply no reason for Cryptic to do it. And once people have had a chance to play their Romulans for a bit and Cryptic starts releasing new stuff for the Feds, the Romulan players will be left with smaller numbers than the KDF.

Some people are upset that they won't get to play an independent Romulan faction - what makes me shake my head in despair is the waste - all that money, all those hours worked so they can make a big splash on websites about a 'new faction' and underneath, the game remains *exactly the same*

Very true and well said, this is exactly what it is. They are trying to get more players and more income, greed is all this is about. And working their team to death is making the content quite poor. The last two seasons to a lot of us was complete junk and really didn't bring much if anything to the game except more grind. Even the STF gear is now even harder to get, 600+ Omega Marks and 18K of dilithium for mk XI Borg engines that it took only three to five STF's to do previously.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    linyive wrote: »

Okay, I see some major conundrums with what was said.

You said two different things.

*shakes my head*

Something is not right here.

According to Dstahl's original statement, the Romulan Faction was created 'from the ground up'. If I interpret his statement as it stands, I would think Dstahl is talking about an entirely new Romulan faction. After he made the first statement, Dstahl mentioned that 'everything except for certain levels' will be Romulan exclusive.

Once we hit level ten of the Romulan hierarchy, we are forced to ally ourselves with the Feds or Klingons.

If the player is forced to choose an ally at level ten, the individual's avatar will no longer belong to a Romulan faction. Instead of belonging to an exclusive Romulan faction, the player's avatar will become a Federation-Romulan or a KDF-Romulan.

Something is not right with these statements.

Are we going to get a full or partial Romulan faction?

Does the Romulan faction end at level ten; thus, the ally choice you make determines the avatar's faction?
    You answered your own question linyive. But, dstahl is not saying "two things at once". Roms are their own faction, but they do not have starbases. Cryptic doesn't want ppl to have to rebuild new starbases when it is so costly and such a huge investment. And so they made the full faction Rom's dependant on other faction's starbases. Full faction without a starbase. Needing to ally with a like minded faction so they can depend on the protection and resources of their ally's starbase.

From: Q: (midniteshadow7) Will the Romulan Faction have their own Fleet System, Starbase, and Holdings? Will there be any new Fleet Holdings?

The Romulan Republic was created from the ground up as a complete new faction. They have their own backstory, their own exclusive missions and episode series, exclusive costumes, faction-exclusive social hub, unique playable species, a full ship progression line from level 1 to 50, unique HUD UI, and more. What they don?t have are their own Starbases. There are many reasons why we?ve made this decision and here?s one of them.

During one of the episodes in the Romulan Republic storyline, the Federation and Klingon Defense Force will challenge Romulan captains to choose sides in the Federation-Klingon War. This permanent and personal choice forges a very important alliance. Once this decision is made, individual Romulan captains will gain many benefits through their alliance, all the while remaining their own independent faction. Romulans still continue their own independent mission journal and storyline after this choice, remaining neutral within the Romulan faction, but the choice has an impact on their progression towards end-game.

In many ways, Romulans will have the best of two "worlds" ? theirs and their ally?s. Not only do they have their own exclusive stories, ships, and costumes, but they gain many benefits of their ally. This includes access to a variety of their allies? ships, rewards, and hubs. While Romulans can?t wear the actual uniform of their ally, they do gain unique costume options, such as a Romulan Republic/Klingon Uniform variant, for example. So when a Romulan creates a Fleet, they are creating a Fleet that is open to Romulans of a chosen allegiance as well as members of that allegiance. Vice-a-versa, they?re also free to join existing fleets of their chosen ally.

Our goal is to encourage existing Fleets, many of whom have spent countless hours on their Starbases, to stay in business and welcome in New Romulans instead of splintering to go "do it all over again".
    We want captains to group with Fleet mates who decide to start a Romulan and entice them to ally at end game. This not only works thematically, but it also keeps the conflict focused on the Klingon/Federation War.
    TL/DR: ROM's: Full Faction, just need FED or KDF Starbase

live long and prosper. jolan tru. quapla. make phasers and photon torpedoes ready!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • qslipstreamqslipstream Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know there is wanting to keep the Klingon war front going but if your fleet already has a fed star base and Klingon base but most of your team mates insist on playing fed in a small fleet and want to cross invite Klingon char's to do stf's at least will that be an be an option because it's really hard to get things done if you are the only one doing them and I just enjoy playing my Klingon char a lot and also grinding out the basically same story line's with my kdf is so tedious and boring as well hopefully we can cross faction fleet join
    make the game more fun and enjoyable for all thanks
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I always thought that the Romulan faction should have access to Humans and Klingons due to both the Federation and Klingon Empire helping out on New Romulus. But this is a different faction people will say, and although this is true there would be mercenaries that would hear about the Romulan Republic through word-of-mouth and reputation.
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kylelocke wrote: »
    I always thought that the Romulan faction should have access to Humans and Klingons due to both the Federation and Klingon Empire helping out on New Romulus. But this is a different faction people will say, and although this is true there would be mercenaries that would hear about the Romulan Republic through word-of-mouth and reputation.

That is interesting.

Maybe maxing a Fed in Romulan rep should unlock Vulcans and humans for the RR. Maxing a Klingon should unlock Klingons and Orions. Maxing a Romulan in Romulan rep unlocks Remans. And have an account accolade for all three that unlocks a blinged version of the Senator's robes from the embassy and Romuan and Reman species for Fed and KDF.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thetanine wrote: »
    You answered your own question linyive. But, dstahl is not saying "two things at once". Roms are their own faction, but they do not have starbases. Cryptic doesn't want ppl to have to rebuild new starbases when it is so costly and such a huge investment. And so they made the full faction Rom's dependant on other faction's starbases. Full faction without a starbase. Needing to ally with a like minded faction so they can depend on the protection and resources of their ally's starbase.
    Oh, okay.

As I recently said in another thread... As long as Cryptic advertises the upgrade's features clearly, I will have no problem with getting a mini-faction. Regardless about the faction's overall size, I am just happy to play as a Romulan. I think this will be a fun experience.

Plus, the Romulans in "Star Trek: the Next Generation" aligned themselves with the Klingons, so the logic behind choosing an ally makes sense.
  • lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kylelocke wrote: »
    One can actually make an argument for Human characters being unlockable (one way, another way or a third way - although since that third way already has the Aliens, probably not that way) - supposedly, we'll start before the Romulan Republic's establishment (that is to say, before Romulan Mystery), which (contrary to assertions I've seen repeated despite this having been pointed out) handily explains why Star Empire xenophobia would be relevant to what characters can be Romulan Republicans... but what races have we seen serving in the Romulan imperial military over the years, above the level of cannon fodder (thereby indicating a degree of integration and acceptance to them)? Romulans, a half-Romulan... and humans. Two of them, in fact (one a defected Starfleet ensign wearing the uniform of a Romulan and implied to have experience serving in the Romulan navy, the other a victorious general of the Remans that - with support from the Romulan military and elements in the Senate, I might add - pulled off a coup and made himself Praetor).
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited March 2013

It may seem like a waste to you and me (I'd have preferred all that effort went to making more STFs) but to Cryptic's marketing its a net gain. FOr a brief moment they maaged to make STO and more importantly Cryptic (with the upcoming NWO) a relevant company in the MMO market.

All the people who'd had previous disappointing experiences with Cryptic and all the people who'd heard of how disappointing Cryptic is just got a big hyped up marketing campaign trying to reverse those opinions. That was the real point of all this, that and whatever few Romulan fans sign up to play STO. At best it'll represent short term sales but I don't see the romulan "faction" having legs so it'd bet from now untul they need another marketing boost all we'll get is faction neutral stuff, much as we have been.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Don't forget -- Cryptic has also said this would be model for future factions, like Cardassians.

:confused:

Errr... are we reading the same Ask Cryptic?
    Dstahl: Legacy of Romulus definitely opens up the door to adding new factions in the future and ultimately puts STO one step closer to a living Star Trek galaxy.

That does NOT say this will be the model for the Cardassians. It doesn't say much of anything.

Oh, and Dstahl, I have to congratulate you. Once again you have given a response without actually answering the question. You're living up to your company's name! Well done! :rolleyes:

Otherwise, very interested by what I read. Can't wait for May!
    edited March 2013
    They've said dozens of times all over the place for months that the romulan release would be a model for future faction releases.
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dan,

Im not a Romulan loyalist. Ive got no issues with the Republic concept and decisions you've made so far. Im a casual, just playing for Star Trek story. Look up my account to see how Ive spent in your game.

So, beyond what you have in the can for this update, what are Cryptic's plans for advancing the storyline fairly between now three factions? I havnt even taken my only Klink out of the shipyard yet. Im not interested in playing KDF flavored Fed missions, and thats mostly what KDF is so far I assume. I plan on creating ONE Romulan to experience this prequal story of theirs. But after that, what incentive is there for me to keep going once my Romulan gets Back to the Future of 2410? If you all are just going to write Fed missions, then flavor one KDF and one Romulan, I have no interest in that, as Ive already played that with my main Fed toon. If thats the plan, you wont tempt me to buy Romulan clothes, DOFFs, ships, etc. I will let her wilt and die.

Personally, Id like to see you all make three separate missions, one for each faction, bundled three at a time, or better yet two each for 6 eps released at a time. They can all play off each other to advance the STO timeline, but dont all HAVE to be played. So if a player wants to just play Fed, and keep his Fed colored lenses on, he can. But if he wants to see what the KDF and Romulans are doing, and how THEY are handling the current universe dilema facing all three of them, he will want to play those two factions too for maximum story enjoyment. If this is not what you have in mind for the future story advancement of these three factions in this game, then as EP, please explain why my idea for fair story content release wouldnt work. I wont spend money as a Romulan or KDF until I see story compelling reasons to keep those toons fresh and well equiped. Some assurances from you now and your gameplan going forward would go a long way in making players believe KDF and or Romulans are factions worth spending money for.

Oh, so now all of a sudden Dan's quiet. I asked an easy question. That he refuses to answer says a lot too.

The real problem here is just how Star Trek is the heart of most STO players? Answer: Not very. If you HAD a strong Star Trek heart, you would be fine with the Romulans overcoming their deceitful past and trying to be more honorable. Thats what Star Trek is about. Im totally fine with the approach I see coming. But many die hard Romulan fans, who want the faction to stay in the Cold War days they saw and loved on TNG want the faction to come out of the gates fully Romulan and not watered down. I get that. But apparently Cryptic doesnt. Dan says they make decisions because its a GAME and not a Tv show. True Dan. But if thats the case, game logic dictates that you MUST release Romulans as the dirty under handed Cold War Russians that they were for people to enjoy playing as that faction long term and PAY for quality of life improvements in that faction. Someone said it earlier, Cryptic is NOT in touch with the pulse of its player majority. I for one dont care either way, Im a loyal Fed. Which is why Ive barely touched the Klingon toon I started.

The Romulan fans complaining here are right in their complaints. And all thats going to happen to any returning or new player once they get in game is all the disgruntled Romulans telling them how short changed and half factioned they are, and will just run those players off again. Any surplus in Romulan players is going to be short lived when Cold war loving Romulan fans see they've become Make Love not War Hippies now.

Maybe you can blame Denise Crosby. Maybe she only agreed to come back if they went with her vision of making Romulans peaceful. When I first heard that approach, I thought yeah right, we all see that turn coming, Romulans will just go back to their Russian selves. But now, looking at the venom coming from Romulan fans, Cryptic better PRAY they put the turn back in and put it in FAST to get the Romulans back to their TNG selves.

I know it would kill the story surprise, but Dan has a very Prime Directive breaking Captain Picard decision to make here. If they HAVE prepared to turn Romulans back to the Cold war mindset, but just cant tell us now, they risk running off more players and the new ones who will only see Hippie Romulans for the next few months. Or Dan can break the Prime Directive and spoil it now by saying YES, there is a Romulan turn coming and TNG Rommies that you love are coming back.

But, we all know Dan Stahl is no Jean-Luc Picard, willing to break the Prime Directive for the good of the people. Lets face it STO players, STO will always be a Major League IP run by a Double A dev team and Executive Producer.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They've said dozens of times all over the place for months that the romulan release would be a model for future faction releases.

then it's looking like an awful model and I wouldn't bother. if they are just going to trash the star trek universe with nonsense
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kexx062782 wrote: »
    QUESTION: Any word of playable Reman ships?

Well, the Remans use Romulan ships, just slightly modified (i.e. painted jet back), so yeah, you get them.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh, so now all of a sudden Dan's quiet. I asked an easy question. That he refuses to answer says a lot too.

It's the weekend and since now they even work on Saturdays it makes Sunday their only free day of the week. If you expected a dev. forum response on their only free day of the week you have been misslead. If you're lucky, you'll get it answered from tommorow, if the question doesn't get lost in the swarm of posts.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's still a lot of speculation going into the rage here. The biggest question is how much the "choosing a side" action impacts the story progression.

The way I interpret what's been put out, is that there are a quantity of romulan story missions on par with fed or kdf, and your alliance determines just where you fall in fleets and stf queues and what not (maybe the perspective you play the featured episodes from?). If there only 5 levels if romulan story and then you just play your ally's missions, then yes it would suck, but the indication isn't necessarily that that's how it will be.

Also, I don't see indication that a romulan captain could fly an excelsior or the like. The question in the ask article asks about lockbox ships and consoles, so the only weird bit would be romulans with wells or krenns.

It seems to me there's still a lot of panic over speculated info which is probably being blown out of proportion.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    It's the weekend and since now they even work on Saturdays it makes Sunday their only free day of the week. If you expected a dev. forum response on their only free day of the week you have been misslead. If you're lucky, you'll get it answered from tommorow, if the question doesn't get lost in the swarm of posts.

This, and also expecting anyone to answer every single solitary question posed to them is kinda stupid of you.

Your question not being addressed directly is proof of nothing.