test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: Legacy of Romulus

Comments

• romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I forgot if I had my say on this so I'll just say it anyway: I originally was like, yeah this sucks, why bother? And it's true, why bother? People wanted a romulan faction. If that wasn't a realistic goal then cryptic should have just forgot about it and worked on expanding sector space and even the KDF which seems to be just as impractical as romulans are so I'm not sure why cryptic has bothered. There's alot they could have been doing other than making a futile attempt at implementing a half baked romulan faction.

But then I suddenly just stopped caring. The danger of that boredom of the game aside, it just hit me that there is no real RSE anymore. So it makes sense story wise with how cryptic is going about it. We don't know much about the romulan people, really. We know their government and military are *******s. That's about it. I can buy that romulans are sort of freelancers now willing to ally up with those that have aided them on new romulus. Not so much buying that they have access to romulan war ships galore for all those inc romulan captains but hey it's a game after all I can look the other way with my logic.

But then, if Earth was destroyed by a supernova, I doubt Starfleet would suddenly be non existent.

Anyway, I think STO has proven one fact about people and Star Trek: Most of us are happy with playing as starfleet. But then perhaps the only reason the KDF is so badly off course is because no one wants to play an unfinished faction with little dev support. It's like a viscous cycle. We don't want to play the KDF because it's not fully supported. Cryptic doesn't want to work on the KDF because we don't want to play the KDF. You know what would have gotten me to play my KDF practically full time? A BoP that wasn't a joke with 2 turrets and 3 tac consoles, and that's the supposed 2409 retrofit. Because it's an "old" ship, apparently. I guess klingons don't have the ability to build new classic BoPs and outfit them with the latest technology. They were already "old" by TNG(since they were around in kirk's time) but that didn't stop them from whooping TRIBBLE when they needed to. That's because the BoP design is eternal. You don't try to reinvent the wheel. The klingons and apparently the romulans learned this since there's romulan warbirds every which way in STO. The KDF NPCs are BoP fans still. See this is where the "old BoP" logic flops.

I truly want to play my klingon more, but I just feel gimp trying to do elite STFs in a brel BoP. I have a strong feeling the grand majority of other players turned away from the KDF faction when they too realized that they couldn't be that dangerous klingon in a BoP. I'd wager the farm it is pretty much the only reason. And when the romulans come and tons of people are playing romulans because they get to fly in classic romulan ships like the warbird design, assuming they too won't suck, my point will be proven.
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    romuzarii wrote: »
    I forgot if I had my say on this so I'll just say it anyway: I originally was like, yeah this sucks, why bother? And it's true, why bother? People wanted a romulan faction. If that wasn't a realistic goal then cryptic should have just forgot about it and worked on expanding sector space and even the KDF which seems to be just as impractical as romulans are so I'm not sure why cryptic has bothered. There's alot they could have been doing other than making a futile attempt at implementing a half baked romulan faction.

But then I suddenly just stopped caring. The danger of that boredom of the game aside, it just hit me that there is no real RSE anymore. So it makes sense story wise with how cryptic is going about it. We don't know much about the romulan people, really. We know their government and military are *******s. That's about it. I can buy that romulans are sort of freelancers now willing to ally up with those that have aided them on new romulus. Not so much buying that they have access to romulan war ships galore for all those inc romulan captains but hey it's a game after all I can look the other way with my logic.

But then, if Earth was destroyed by a supernova, I doubt Starfleet would suddenly be non existent.

Anyway, I think STO has proven one fact about people and Star Trek: Most of us are happy with playing as starfleet. But then perhaps the only reason the KDF is so badly off course is because no one wants to play an unfinished faction with little dev support. It's like a viscous cycle. We don't want to play the KDF because it's not fully supported. Cryptic doesn't want to work on the KDF because we don't want to play the KDF. You know what would have gotten me to play my KDF practically full time? A BoP that wasn't a joke with 2 turrets and 3 tac consoles, and that's the supposed 2409 retrofit. Because it's an "old" ship, apparently. I guess klingons don't have the ability to build new classic BoPs and outfit them with the latest technology. They were already "old" by TNG(since they were around in kirk's time) but that didn't stop them from whooping TRIBBLE when they needed to. That's because the BoP design is eternal. You don't try to reinvent the wheel. The klingons and apparently the romulans learned this since there's romulan warbirds every which way in STO. The KDF NPCs are BoP fans still. See this is where the "old BoP" logic flops.

I truly want to play my klingon more, but I just feel gimp trying to do elite STFs in a brel BoP. I have a strong feeling the grand majority of other players turned away from the KDF faction when they too realized that they couldn't be that dangerous klingon in a BoP. I'd wager the farm it is pretty much the only reason. And when the romulans come and tons of people are playing romulans because they get to fly in classic romulan ships like the warbird design, assuming they too won't suck, my point will be proven.

I have to agree with you, I play kdf a fair bit. I've always thought that bops should have been a lot more like raptors are, however they are closer to being compared to a shuttle.
    bops in stf is pointless. so 5 fleet modules for pretty much a b'rel looking shuttle at t5 is a total joke.
    I have 2 kdf toons and they are of extrems you could say 1 is in a vo'quv and the other in a b'rel. the vo'quv bop pets last just as long as a player controlled b'rel..... something is clearly wrong there. kdf need their bops beffing up!!

also if beffing the b'rel up meant removing the fire while cloaked ability then that's fine. it's rubbish anyway.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A lot of us have refused to spend money on this game, I stopped when I ready an Ask Cryptic mid last year with Dan refusing to do anything on the KDF "Beating the dead Targ" I believe was his words.

Perhaps Romulan fans unhappy with this could go down a similar path. After all PWE/Cryptic seems to only listen to money and their bias figure/statics. If income slows down they might start to listen to their customers, but then again they might just do another sale, another public bias news article to get new players.

But there is nothing wrong with a peaceful protest
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thetanine wrote: »
    Cryptic doesn't want ppl to have to rebuild new starbases when it is so costly and such a huge investment.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/132/997/1307804243627.jpg

and

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/113204-at-first-i-was-like
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    For goodness sakes, please remember that this forums has guidelines. Please tone down the rhetoric or this thread will get locked. Going out of bounds is going to lead to infractions.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of assumptions being made in this thread that are way out of whack for how it is actually implemented. Many posts are stating opinions about something that no one in the public has played yet.

Give the hard working team some credit for everything they've been working on by reserving your opinions until you actually play it. [snap]

Please understand the following:

-its just not very nice to mislead us and yes you have.. Makeing us wait during the 3 week counter, then posting basically nothing but some pictures and a small video saying absolutly nothing explicit except for one thing: there will be a romulan faction. You must habe known deep down your heart that thats just wrong because as much as you try to defend it a full faction has a lot of thing the new rommi "faction" does not so calling it a faction was misleading. Again im sure you knew that so it was intentional so you can only blame yourself if ppl are angry now.
    -second for me and a lot of other ppl ST is very important. There may be some reasons why we have 1000 admirals running around instead of captains as it should be or that the galaxy and cruisers fight with broadsides which is so not canon.. So while there may be some reasons concering the game to do so, you csnt expect trekkies to accept stuff like that easily. And a beaten down romulan people who starts fighting each other in the fed/kdf wsr is just silly. Also why call it romulan faction if its just the tree loving hippie romulan somethings of D'Tan and far from everything anyone watching the shows would call a romulan.
    -you say we have to stay calm and patiently wait for new information without speculating? Sry what? If you dont want us to speculate then MAYBE it would have been a better idea to tell us all important facts right from the start. If you treat you players like little children ofc they will behave as such. Its your own information policy that got us this 90+ pages thread. Maybe its time to stop treating us like 5 year olds stop talking about santa clause and just get to the point. It costs you nothing. If you're not sure westher or not a specific feature will make it just say so.
    -you say we have to give credit for the hard working team BEFORE you told us about everything thats coming? Lol? Thats like saying we have to say thx to the cook after just some small pictures of what the food MAY look like and after they showed you a picture from the biggest steak you've ever seen and they getting an info like "you get only the upper left corner of the steak, sry". Dont you think that constantly paying for this game buying lock box keys and ships and stuff kind of entitles us to regular updates and bug fixing and new features from time to time?

So please stop and rethink your own policy and behavior.
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    there is a minority of lazy players that they are catering too. with the whole 'thank you so much I didn't want the hassle of levelling another starbase' and actually playing the game etc :eek:.

That's always annoyed me, how much people moan about the grind. This is an MMO, for it to be a success your average player has to play a LOT more than they do for a single player gane, and frankly the novelty of flying the Defiant can only counteract the boredom of having nothing to do for so long, without something to grind I'd stop playing pretty quickly. As it is now, I still take 2-3 week breaks now and then just to get over my burnout.
  • solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    /Great post

I think Dan lets his poor PR skills take control too much. Someone at PW should really have a chat to him methinks.

Oh I know some people "CDFers" will love that Dan is "saying how he feels" and is basically telling the naysers/haters to shut up, however this is why most "professional" leaders don't say how they feel, as they do come across as looking petty and stupid.

Anyone who think their team should get praise and thanks for producing some pics and a trailer and then lets the cat out of the bag that they didn't supply the whole info, and will only then be supplying info piecemeal, but doesn't want you to speculate, well...
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's always annoyed me, how much people moan about the grind. This is an MMO, for it to be a success your average player has to play a LOT more than they do for a single player gane, and frankly the novelty of flying the Defiant can only counteract the boredom of having nothing to do for so long, without something to grind I'd stop playing pretty quickly. As it is now, I still take 2-3 week breaks now and then just to get over my burnout.

thers an easy way to stop this while keeping the grind as u call it removed dilthium from starbases a move that no one will mind starting a new base
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Also why call it romulan faction if its just the tree loving hippie romulan somethings of D'Tan and far from everything anyone watching the shows would call a romulan.

I think this encapsulates perfectly why so many are unhappy with the way Romulans are presumably going to be portrayed in STO. I'm sure the playable Romulan story line will be pretty good, and many missions will be rock solid, but they leave out one key thing: the ability to play as member of the Romulan Star Empire.

Yes, the Romulans have been beaten down a bit, and they've become heavily factionalized, but that shouldn't stop us from being able to play whichever faction we want! Each faction no doubt has compelling storylines waiting to be told. Even if the Tal Shiar are the bad guys and unplayable, surely the RSE is just as viable as the Republic?

The technology to choose sides is obviously in game, given that we can choose KDF or Fed. Why not allows us to choose RSE or Republic, instead?

Not to mention the whole "Republic" thing sounds an awful lot like "Fed-lite", especially considering how much D'Tan was influenced by Spock. Unless the storyline of the Republic is outrageously good, my Romulan captain will be a member of the RSE, because that's what I want.

There has to be a better way of disguising the grind, though. And adding more variety so it's not the same thing over and over again, or a hassle / job to log in and "get your dailies".
    edited April 2013
    felderburg wrote: »
    There has to be a better way of disguising the grind, though. And adding more variety so it's not the same thing over and over again, or a hassle / job to log in and "get your dailies".

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that STO's grind model is perfect, or even particularly good, I'm just saying that asking it to be removed entirely isn't really viable. Which, in turn, makes Cryptics claim that they don't want us to have to grind another starbase all over again completely ridiculous.
  • pete2931pete2931 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    First of all thanks Cryptic for your hard work to produce this upcoming update. It's good to see more story content coming. After all that's why I love star trek - the story.

Secondly. What is with this I want everything and I want it now attitude? This game is constantly being added to and takes time to create new material. I'm sure they try to cater for as many people as they can. After all I seem to remember them asking whether we wanted Romulans as soon as possible even if done as a mini faction. I personally said no. I felt that other things had to be done and dealt with first.
    I am excited to see what this new release will bring though.

It needs to be remembered first of all that the update hasn't been released yet and we havnt been given the full details. I'm hoping this is because there are a lot of details to tell us so they will update us in stages.
    Secondly there is story to think of. The Romulan Star Empire doesn't exist as it once did. Romulans used to be a people who were heavily militarised and controlled by deceit and fear from the tal'shiar. But let's not just stick to racial profiling. There were seeds of Romulans thinking differently that was shown on screen. A changing Romulan government isn't too much to deal with.
    And of course there is the third point that Star Trek is still owned by CBS. They have a final say in what PWE/Cryptic can do when it comes to the Star Trek content. Perhaps they have said that RSE cannot be played as within the game. But this is speculation in standing with a lot of what others are saying on this forum.

I have no problems with a Romulan Republic and having no starbases. They are splintered at the moment trying to start again and they will want to use whatever help they can get. As to the circumstances of having to chose a side, we don't know what they are yet. There is nothing to say that if this game is still going in 2-3 years (hopefully) that the story won't update to allow for the Romulans to be more self sufficient and perhaps even re create the RSE.

I look forward to more updates and info on the coming release.

Thanks dstahl
  • pakimparpakimpar Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am very disappointed.

1.) Only Romans are playable in the beginning

-Remans only through grinding reputation on new Romulus--> I would rather pay zen to unlock the remans instead of grinding rep

-Alien-generated only for gold--> for kdf/fed alien-generated was free--- why suddenly only for gold---not even for zen without gold possible ?

2.) Roman Empire must be free and independent

We would rather accept a 50 % fraction then going into slavery f?r klings or feds

3.) Why not make Klingon Empire equal to Fed

They say its not profitable--- i say make kickstarter for klingon empire and you would get millions bucks by honourful warriors around the world

This game could be unique --- don't let it be mainstream.

Sorry for my English...it isn't my mother language:D
    edited April 2013
    pakimpar wrote: »
    I am very disappointed.

1.) Only Romans are playable in the beginning

-Remans only through grinding reputation on new Romulus--> I would rather pay zen to unlock the remans instead of grinding rep

To be fair, I'm pretty sure you can actually buy them for zen if you don't want to grind for them. Dan said they were available either from rep or 'for purchase', he didn't explicitly say zen, but what else would it be?
    edited April 2013
    pete2931 wrote: »
    First of all thanks Cryptic for your hard work to produce this upcoming update.
    It needs to be remembered first of all that the update hasn't been released yet and we havnt been given the full details

Why are you thanking them for something that you even say has been released and haven't had full details? How do you know it was hard work?
    Secondly. What is with this I want everything and I want it now attitude?

Eh? Your talking rubbish mate.
    After all I seem to remember them asking whether we wanted Romulans as soon as possible even if done as a mini faction

?????????
    Star Trek is still owned by CBS. They have a final say in what PWE/Cryptic can do when it comes to the Star Trek content. Perhaps they have said that RSE cannot be played as within the game. But this is speculation in standing with a lot of what others are saying on this forum

Nice one. Your post will get you +5 to your shield of Cryptic defense.

Thanks for the laugh though.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have a question I haven't seen asked or answered so far... my apologies if I missed it.

If as a Romulan, we choose an alliance with either Starfleet or KDF, will we have the ability to change our alliance later?

(If, for example, we decide that we made a mistake and should have allied with the other faction. Deleting a character and starting over is not much fun...)
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No - because your chosen faction allows you access to the ships (including C-Store ships) of that faction.

So you could buy a Kumari then defect KDF-side with it. Or a B'rel and vice-versa.

Plus you'll have Fed/KDF Boffs/Doffs etc. How do you untangle all that?

From the 'Ask Cryptic' (my emphasis):
    dastahl wrote:
    During one of the episodes in the Romulan Republic storyline, the Federation and Klingon Defense Force will challenge Romulan captains to choose sides in the Federation-Klingon War. This permanent and personal choice forges a very important alliance.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • pete2931pete2931 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For the benefit of you - it is polite to be thankful to people. It may not be out yet but it is coming out and without them at all you wouldn't have a game full stop. I can see your complete disregard for manners by how you responded to my post.

I have posted my opinion which is just as valid as yours and I have done so without laying into anyone else. I would suggest that if you are going to respond to people like that you take a pause and re consider posting altogether.

Also I am not a Cryptic appologist. I have had my own issues that I have brought up with them but that doesn't excuse being rude whether it be towards Cryptic or myself.
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I for one am not surprised as to how they are rolling out the Romulan faction. I always thought that if they were added they might be more like Death Knights in WoW. Death Knights are a faction in WoW, they have their own unique mounts, citadel and origin story. However, Death Knights are also asked to seek aid in fighting from either the Alliance or Horde.

I am thrilled that this is how they've chosen to implement the Romulan faction. My fed fleet is JUST now getting near T5 on fleet building. I would HATE to have to start from scratch all over.

Romulans picking sides makes perfect sense if you consider the fact that the Romulan story is meant to be a prequel to the events in New Romulus. In New Romulus, Romulans ARE clearly working with the Feds and KDF.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No - because your chosen faction allows you access to the ships (including C-Store ships) of that faction.

So you could buy a Kumari then defect KDF-side with it. Or a B'rel and vice-versa.

Plus you'll have Fed/KDF Boffs/Doffs etc. How do you untangle all that?

From the 'Ask Cryptic' (my emphasis):

Good points. Thanks for pointing those out.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • goldenlion619goldenlion619 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wilv wrote: »
    I for one am not surprised as to how they are rolling out the Romulan faction. I always thought that if they were added they might be more like Death Knights in WoW. Death Knights are a faction in WoW, they have their own unique mounts, citadel and origin story. However, Death Knights are also asked to seek aid in fighting from either the Alliance or Horde.

I am thrilled that this is how they've chosen to implement the Romulan faction. My fed fleet is JUST now getting near T5 on fleet building. I would HATE to have to start from scratch all over.

Romulans picking sides makes perfect sense if you consider the fact that the Romulan story is meant to be a prequel to the events in New Romulus. In New Romulus, Romulans ARE clearly working with the Feds and KDF.

Death Knights are not a faction , its a class choice, the factions in WoW are Horde or Alliance which a Death Knight choses to side with, just like the Romulans will have to chose between the KDF or Federation factions.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    For goodness sakes, please remember that this forums has guidelines. Please tone down the rhetoric or this thread will get locked. Going out of bounds is going to lead to infractions.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of assumptions being made in this thread that are way out of whack for how it is actually implemented. Many posts are stating opinions about something that no one in the public has played yet.

Give the hard working team some credit for everything they've been working on by reserving your opinions until you actually play it. It will be free to play and free to download the expansion. If you want to judge something you haven't played just based on a description, then sorry, you're missing some of the best content we've ever made.

If you don't like it, don't play a Romulan. It isn't required that you play a Romulan. Yes we've been talking about how we would implement other factions in the game for a while, and as I said then, plans can change. Even since that Reddit chat, we actually did the work to make Romulans their own faction.

Many people are hearing "choose an ally" and thinking that you become FED or KDF and that is not true. You remain a Romulan. You don't lose your identity. You don't lose your faction's goal. Your ally is there to help you - to give you tech - to give you ships and help you stand up against the Tal Shiar. Even in game right now, New Romulans are looking to both Klingons and the Federation to help, and this is just an extension of that. So it is not about you dropping what your goals are and reporting into Admiral Quinn now. You report to the Romulan Republic.

This also allows for cross faction teaming. Something that encourages group gameplay and can be fun. Want to go play some Romulan missions, but don't want to be a Romulan? Go team up with one and help them with their missions. Want to help fight the silent enemy? Queue up together and go fight together. We've made a commitment that when we make fun new events, they are for everyone to play. Yes the "Star Trek Rules" bend sometimes when we have Feds and KDF grouping up to fight the Borg, but it can also be a lot of fun and leads to a more lively MMO.

Anyone who wants a 3rd queue faction hasn't played a Klingon. As I said before, that isn't good for the game. We allow cross faction teaming because it allows more people to play together.

Play Legacy of Romulus and either enjoy it or not. The proof will be whether or not the game continues to grow and if people enjoy it as much as we think they will. Fortunately, our continued future success is not based on what people think of something they haven't even played yet.

We look forward to showing you everything we've been working on very soon. This is why we're working the extra time to get things setup and ready on TRIBBLE. We're almost there.

Live Long and Prosper.

Well for goodness sake...

You sure know how to kill a lively debate in a thread here Mr. D.

When has it ever been a prerequisite to have 'actual facts' about something that hasn't hit the game yet..., to be able to 'tear it to shreds' around here???

Boy, you better get BranFlakes to keep you up-to-date on how many of the STOs forum-ites, believe they are supposed to behave...

BTW: The newest edition of that particular handbook, is being published as we speak...
    You know.., constantly moving 'goalposts' and all that... ;)

As for me...,
    I'm more of the common garden-variety "wait-to-actually-see-what-comes' kinda guy.

I guess I'm pretty old-fashion that way, but I find I spend a lot less time wringing my hands and building up multiple layers of angst..., by being patient.

Funny that...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • goldenlion619goldenlion619 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Until Pandas that is.

Also you kinda both wrong, Death Knights are unique as they start at lv 55 and there is only ONE per Realm, apples and oranges ... in STO this would be being the Borg (if male: Drag) Queen.

Death Knights have their own content, Panda Race has their own content. Blizzard does not call them factions. There are only two factions in WoW.
    edited April 2013
    For thenefit of you - it is polite to be thankful to people. It may not be out yet but it is coming out and without them at all you wouldn't have a game full stop. I can see your complete disregard for manners by how you responded to my post.

I have posted my opinion which is just as valid as yours and I have done so without laying into anyone else. I would suggest that if you are going to respond to people like that you take a pause and re consider posting altogether.

Also I am not a Cryptic appologist. I have had my own issues that I have brought up with them but that doesn't excuse being rude whether it be towards Cryptic or myself.

For the benefit of me? Why thank you for teaching me this... Who knew.

Just what are you actually thankful for? They haven't produced anything yet, only pic, a trailer and now some info that hasn't gone down too well. Being thankful when it comes out is one thing, but you sound like a lot of "fans" on here who tbh seem to be thankful for anything Cryptic does in the name of Star Trek and except mediocrity (just like this sub Rom faction that Cryptic are creating).

They don't want you to be thankful, they want you to pay... Thanks doesn't pay the bills.

So you weren't "laying into anyone"? So who were you talking about when you said "What is this I want everything and I want it now attitude"?

Don't come out with the "my opinion is just as valid as" and "it doesn't excuse being rude", when you are accusing people of things like the above.

Tell me where in this thread people have said they want everything and they want it now?

/Sigh, another one.:(
  • endo13endo13 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It all sounds pretty good to me. I'm definitely looking forward to making a Romulan. I'm also pretty happy that Romulans DON'T get their own fleets and starbases because this helps keep the playerbase less fractured and makes it less of a chore as that's one less fleet I'll have to help advance. Also this may help get more players on KDF side which is a good thing IMO.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wilv wrote: »

The problem is that D'Tan's Romulans, while working with the Feds and KDF, are only ONE of SEVERAL Romulan factions. And they are NOT the Romulans of the shows. We should be given a choice of Romulan factions.
    edited April 2013
    endo13 wrote: »
    Also this may help get more players on KDF side which is a good thing IMO.

More likely people choosing to go with the Feds then with the KDF.:(

Some people are going to get their jollies with a Rom Captain flying a Connie or an Ambassador :(

If they weren't going to make them a full faction, then at least having 1 full faction and 1 kinda faction, would have helped the KDF more by the Roms having to join them.

Still another bonehead maneuver by Cryptic. Feds, want to be Feds, Klinks want to be Klinks and I am sure that the Rommies would prefer to be Rommies. 3 Full Factions...

Still not sure where Cryptic thinks it going to make it's money from the Roms. If they cannot make money from the Klinks, then what major cash is the Rommies going to bring in?

If 80%+ Still play Feds, why not put all it's resources into creating new systems, new massive content and actual things for people to do, instead of just grind, grind and grind, with now a new "sub" faction added which really is just more grind in green.

Now Rommies can play some of their own missions. Scan 5 of this and kill 5 of that.;)
    edited April 2013
    solomace wrote: »
    More likely people choosing to go with the Feds then with the KDF.:(

Some people are going to get their jollies with a Rom Captain flying a Connie or an Ambassador :(

If they weren't going to make them a full faction, then at least having 1 full faction and 1 kinda faction, would have helped the KDF more by the Roms having to join them.

Still another bonehead maneuver by Cryptic. Feds, want to be Feds, Klinks want to be Klinks and I am sure that the Rommies would prefer to be Rommies. 3 Full Factions...

Still not sure where Cryptic thinks it going to make it's money from the Roms. If they cannot make money from the Klinks, then what major cash is the Rommies going to bring in?

If 80%+ Still play Feds, why not put all it's resources into creating new systems, new massive content and actual things for people to do, instead of just grind, grind and grind, with now a new "sub" faction added which really is just more grind in green.

Now Rommies can play some of their own missions. Scan 5 of this and kill 5 of that.;)

can you imagine this... 80%+ are feds already. less than 20% are kdf. they all make romulans and they stay with the side they are already with. that just wont help even numbers out it will keep things the same. if you want to spread the player base % so it's not so extremely 1 sided your better having roms standing alone. most romulans in hiding are playing feds.
  • pakimparpakimpar Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The policy of Cryptic has changed a lot.
    In the old good days there were engineering reports from Dstahl who informed us of the newest speculations of their ideas. The community was always part of the team. We had time to give feedback. Okay something was really pure speculation, but still i have felt cryptic was with us all the time. I miss these days.

Now they are working in secret and only blogs of the devs for features already implemented. No Participation of the users. No sign what will be implemented in the future.

Democracy includes protests and the defending of our own thinking.

Your Reaction was like "Love it or Leave it"...I like Sto and respect and love you guys for doing a great job....but this is not a proper communciation...sorry

and again folks

sorry for my bad english(but i will improve hopefully :)=
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Giving us all the content of the new faction, even if it is only one race and six ships as you suggest, for free is an extremely generous free-to-play philosophy. Turbine charges significant money for this kind of new content, and then tiers it out so to get the real 'goodies' you want for your character you have to spend really healthy amounts. Even games like DCUO charge money for packs like this. And Remans are unlockable without spending a dime.

Heck, so far at least, Cryptic is being a lot more generous with this expansion than they are with Neverwinter Founders Packs.

Turbine charges far less than Cryptic does for comparable wares and Turbine's qualify as "gold master" not "pay to beta".
    edited April 2013
    pakimpar wrote: »
    The policy of Cryptic has changed a lot.
    In the old good days there were engineering reports from Dstahl who informed us of the newest speculations of their ideas. The community was always part of the team. We had time to give feedback. Okay something was really pure speculation, but still i have felt cryptic was with us all the time. I miss these days.

Now they are working in secret and only blogs of the devs for features already implemented. No Participation of the users. No sign what will be implemented in the future.

Democracy includes protests and the defending of our own thinking.

Your Reaction was like "Love it or Leave it"...I like Sto and respect and love you guys for doing a great job....but this is not a proper communciation...sorry

and again folks

sorry for my bad english(but i will improve hopefully :)=

your doing a great job if you ask me :)