test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: Legacy of Romulus

Comments

• aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wonder how many Rommy's will we have to level to Level 10 -- and then stop , to get the message across ?
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sadly I do not feel the Romulan element to be added to STO should be called a faction. Based on what Dan said it is more of a redheaded stepchild of the UFP and the KDF. Regarding the notion that Cryptic is supporting established fleets by doing this is yet another slap in the face of small fleet. People were actually looking forward to starting over with the FACTION from step one with EVERYONE else since the announcement. Now mega fleets will have to figure out to deal with the addition of so many new toons from established players (methinks many will start new alt fleets negating the whole stated reason by Cryptic) and those in small fleets will have an even harder time attracting new members but I digress...

I see no upside to this situation from a player perspective to be frank but maybe my perception is skewed since I've been waiting for years to play a PROPER Romulan faction on equal footing with the others. Well now the KDF will feel less screwed since team green is getting less than they did at start in my opinion.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    Sadly I do not feel the Romulan element to be added to STO should be called a faction. Based on what Dan said it is more of a redheaded stepchild of the UFP and the KDF. Regarding the notion that Cryptic is supporting established fleets by doing this is yet another slap in the face of small fleet. People were actually looking forward to starting over with the FACTION from step one with EVERYONE else since the announcement. Now mega fleets will have to figure out to deal with the addition of so many new toons from established players (methinks many will start new alt fleets negating the whole stated reason by Cryptic) and those in small fleets will have an even harder time attracting new members but I digress...

I see no upside to this situation from a player perspective to be frank but maybe my perception is skewed since I've been waiting for years to play a PROPER Romulan faction on equal footing with the others. Well now the KDF will feel less screwed since team green is getting less than they did at start in my opinion.

Really Romulans are getting 1-40 of their own story...KDF did not get a story at all.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Regarding the kdf, the romulan species get a fair amount of story and missions which sounds good compared to what the kdf have had for such a long time. The huge problem is the end result. Which is carving the faction in half. Faction ship sharing is an awful idea. And romulan fighting romulan. Furthermore people wanting to play reman have to unlock them..... But the romulan republic surely would make romulans and remens equals? But it don't really sound very equal.
    edited March 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Really Romulans are getting 1-40 of their own story...KDF did not get a story at all.

It is a total experience evaluation methinks. Story is one point to consider but given it[KDF] was promoted as a PvP faction from day one, story would not be a high priority in my mind if I was designing the game for what it is worth. Anyway, I think if someone sat down listed all the elements of a faction and rated them equally the KDF will come out with more checks.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    HEY DSTAHL!!!

Explain this please

"START AS ANY FACTION
    Create your first character as a member of the Federation, Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic and level your captain from 1 to 50."

I copied this from the LoR teaser site

An explanation is due and we players would like to hear it. :mad::mad:
  • trekgate000trekgate000 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    For those who can't work the links (Hello mike update your browser)

I cut and pasted it

Thank You! This was very helpful! But now i'm so blown-away my head is spinning!
    4069267.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Green Lantern Vs. Orange Lantern[/SIGPIC]
    Captain Mal Jordan, Starfleet and Green Lantern Corps
    Commander Lex Luthor, KDF Science Corps
    Lt. Kal-El, RRF Science Officer
    Lt. Dark Knight, KDF Tactical Officer
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi,

This post is:
    - Up to date with what is known of Ask Cryptic and subsequent Dstahl postings.
    - a personal opinion
    - The view of someone who loves Romulans and will likely play one still...
    - Somewhere opinions can be shared in a calm manner, agree with my views or not and why...

This is not:
    - A flame war
    - A place for trolls, they can go back to their caves and sharpen their teeth.

So here it is.

We all know from Ask Cryptic that Romulans will have to choose an Alliance with Feds or KDF, share starbase and queues. So far, I have not heard of said players to have to "fold into" either faction and give up their green stuff. So, why no.... There was 3 scenarios before even the March 21st reveal:

Worst case:
    Players can start as a romulan captain, however will have to choose a side and completely fold into its new home faction. No home base, no green UI, nothing personal except ships and uniforms only them can fly/use.

Practical:
    Players can start in the romulan faction, have their own homebase, stories, ships costumes and so on. However, for practical reasons (fleet size, queue length...), they have to ally with the other 2 factions for use of SB and pvp/pve queues. So they are a full faction, just not SB.... yet.

Dreamed:
    Romulan Republic is pretty much having all what Federation (and KDF to a lesser extent) has, UI, ships, uniforms, gated social zones to Feds, SB and so on.... I see it being portrayed as such in March 21st reveal.

I will be blunt, from previous hints and posts from the devs, the 'red' options seemed to have been their path, it was 'easy' to take and implement...

People wanted the 'green' (no punt intended) but, for now, Cryptic seemed to have chosen a (orange) medium path that is both practical and leaving the door open to still a full independent faction.... Who knows, the RR may rebel and find 'isolation' back behind some sort of a neutral zone once SB is given to them...

So, to all of you Romulans, the green is still here in full force... just rejoice in what is coming May 21st. I know I will and still roll a romulan toon. I feel I will be able to do about everything without interacting much with my "allied" faction except in queues and STFs, which is faction neutral as of today anyway...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    First off, yikes! I cannot believe I just read this whole thread in one sitting with no coffee!

Second, so much hate... not just at the announcement but at anyone who dares disagree with an opposing view. How is any of that helpful?

Myself, as a big fan of both Romulans and Klingons, can see some of the Rom fans anger and understand it. But, venting that anger in such a fashion, especially at other players, will accomplish nothing before May. Don't believe me? Check out almost any KDF forum thread and see how well it has worked over there.

As this game is a mmoRPg I intend to do as I have done with each Alt/toon/char/whatever in this game and use a little imagination.

I fully intend to roll a Romulan (although I'd prefer a Reman and want clarification as to whether a Romulan has to unlock Reman on an account or if my Fed/KDF can unlock it so my first GREEN alt is Reman). When the time comes for me to choose an ally (KDF every time) I choose to see this in a similar fashion to the choices I make in my repuation system. Do I have more shield regen or critical hit chance? Do I go to a starbase overpopulated with tribbles or have a roaring fire? Put some RP into MMORPG.

I don't want to see a Romulan flying a Defiant any more than many (and I stress MANY, because it is not all) of the Romulan fans. Nor do I want to see them flying a Hegh'ta... but, from an established (if hotly debated) canon point of view, it makes more sense this way than the other.

I have a KDF fleet with 4 members (3 of them me :o ) because people just quit, or left for bigger fleets. I have an open invitation to any Romulan/Reman captains to join come May. It's not what many hoped for but it is a chance to build a fleet from almost nothing (still in the middle of tier 1 upgrade). RP that you have allied with only one KDF House. RP that you have stolen a base from under the KDF's noses. RP that you bought it with traded tech, and they gave you an unfinished one. But RP a little.

To those who STILL say it is unfair to have anything at all, please remember the KDF, who started with little, got handed scraps and told it was enough and have been promised much for this May but told little. Will we finally be finished after 3 years? Time will tell.

But ask yourself this, sons and daughters of Romulus and Remii...
    ...would you prefer to wait another year, maybe longer, to have the RSE of your dreams (with the potential that STO doesn't last that long, because NOONE can predict the future) or can you be satisfied with more than the KDF got at the start and the potential for improvement along the way?
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is a total experience evaluation methinks. Story is one point to consider but given it was promoted as a PvP faction from day one story would be a high priority in my mind if I was designing the game for what it is worth. Anyway, I think if someone sat down listed all the elements of a faction and rated them equally the KDF will come out with more checks.

And you will be right. The kdf only lacked story missions to take them from 1-50. It was a problem but in my case it wasn't my 2 kdf toons levelled they way of true warrior thru fighting all those enemies of the Klingon empire.

But I like you always remember them being a pvp faction but the popularity of them exploded. Cryptic never fixed that problem early as they should have done and it remained a problem for 3 years. They are now making a new problem because they are underestimating romulan popularity and what's worse is underestimating the the drive and determination of it's player base. If they think doing a problem in reverse is better they are very much mistaken. Content 1-50 then you find your faction is torn apart more and ends up fight each other in some else's war. It is all shades of wrong
    edited March 2013
    First off, yikes! I cannot believe I just read this whole thread in one sitting with no coffee!

Second, so much hate... not just at the announcement but at anyone who dares disagree with an opposing view. How is any of that helpful?

Myself, as a big fan of both Romulans and Klingons, can see some of the Rom fans anger and understand it. But, venting that anger in such a fashion, especially at other players, will accomplish nothing before May. Don't believe me? Check out almost any KDF forum thread and see how well it has worked over there.

As this game is a mmoRPg I intend to do as I have done with each Alt/toon/char/whatever in this game and use a little imagination.

I fully intend to roll a Romulan (although I'd prefer a Reman and want clarification as to whether a Romulan has to unlock Reman on an account or if my Fed/KDF can unlock it so my first GREEN alt is Reman). When the time comes for me to choose an ally (KDF every time) I choose to see this in a similar fashion to the choices I make in my repuation system. Do I have more shield regen or critical hit chance? Do I go to a starbase overpopulated with tribbles or have a roaring fire? Put some RP into MMORPG.

I don't want to see a Romulan flying a Defiant any more than many (and I stress MANY, because it is not all) of the Romulan fans. Nor do I want to see them flying a Hegh'ta... but, from an established (if hotly debated) canon point of view, it makes more sense this way than the other.

I have a KDF fleet with 4 members (3 of them me :o ) because people just quit, or left for bigger fleets. I have an open invitation to any Romulan/Reman captains to join come May. It's not what many hoped for but it is a chance to build a fleet from almost nothing (still in the middle of tier 1 upgrade). RP that you have allied with only one KDF House. RP that you have stolen a base from under the KDF's noses. RP that you bought it with traded tech, and they gave you an unfinished one. But RP a little.

To those who STILL say it is unfair to have anything at all, please remember the KDF, who started with little, got handed scraps and told it was enough and have been promised much for this May but told little. Will we finally be finished after 3 years? Time will tell.

...would you prefer to wait another year, maybe longer, to have the RSE of your dreams (with the potential that STO doesn't last that long, because NOONE can predict the future) or can you be satisfied with more than the KDF got at the start and the potential for improvement along the way?

If you checked the LoR teaser site we were supposed to be able to be roms and remans but i guess cryptic decided a lie in the face is better then a truth in the ear.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just wait for May people, some things may change, at least we know Cryptic is listening to us a little bit, whether they are delivering this to make us happy or a publicly stunt to make them look good well only they know.

But we are getting what we want, just not exactly what we want. Given time I am sure they will fix this if they start to focus on more important things rather than just grind and nerf.

Am I totally happy, no but not much I can do about it, like many of you I am only a paying customer.
    It is a total experience evaluation methinks. Story is one point to consider but given it[KDF] was promoted as a PvP faction from day one, story would not be a high priority in my mind if I was designing the game for what it is worth. Anyway, I think if someone sat down listed all the elements of a faction and rated them equally the KDF will come out with more checks.

And so they should, they have been in the game for 3 years and was promised before launch to be a full faction, it was only a couple of months before release that the PvP faction excuse came up. The Romulans have been in game for what minus (-) 2 months? Give Cryptic time, Rome wasn't built in a day. Payable Romulans, start any faction from the start and more KDF content, it's a win already despite being a little mislead and not getting exactly what was implied to us.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree. I will have fun with my fed-allied Romulan.

by the way, may i have your sign in my signature? Its a nice banner.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    edited March 2013
    And so they should, they have been in the game for 3 years and was promised before launch to be a full faction, it was only a couple of months before release that the PvP faction excuse came up. The Romulans have been in game for what minus (-) 2 months? Give Cryptic time, Rome wasn't built in a day. Payable Romulans, start any faction from the start and more KDF content, it's a win already despite being a little mislead and not getting exactly what was implied to us.

I can live with what we got i am content with atleast being a rom
    what boils my blood is the bold faced lie they told all of us.
    I mean go to the LoR teaser sire and this is what you will find

"START AS ANY FACTION
    Create your first character as a member of the Federation, Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic and level your captain from 1 to 50."

So does it say that roms must be KDF or FED?

This was a bold faced lie not just a mislead but an all and out lie thats one thing that just makes me madder then an old wet hen.

If cryptic had been honest from the get go i wouldnt be mad but happy but im mad because they lied to all of us.
    edited March 2013
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    And you will be right. The kdf only lacked story missions to take them from 1-50. It was a problem but in my case it wasn't my 2 kdf toons levelled they way of true warrior thru fighting all those enemies of the Klingon empire.

But I like you always remember them being a pvp faction but the popularity of them exploded. Cryptic never fixed that problem early as they should have done and it remained a problem for 3 years. They are now making a new problem because they are underestimating romulan popularity and what's worse is underestimating the the drive and determination of it's player base. If they think doing a problem in reverse is better they are very much mistaken. Content 1-50 then you find your faction is torn apart more and ends up fight each other in some else's war. It is all shades of wrong

I concur. There is a part of the decision process that we simply are not being told yet - if ever it seems. :(
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know, alot of people didn't expect a full third faction at all, heck alot of people didn't expect a full Klingon Faction even.

Personally I like the new Romulans better then the old Romulans. We all ready have an empire about conquest and glory. I find the idea of playing revolutionaries and part time mercanies with a slight Space Roman/Space Elf and Space Orcs flavour exciting.

The TNG outfits were sooo ugly and the hair was all the same too.

The Ships were awesome and the elements that echoed
    edited March 2013
    Im beggining to think im the only person outraged by cryptics lie
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    if I was only a fed cap.. but was going to play a romulan just for the sake to see the new shiny or like I did with KDF just to say have one I be ok lets all be happy about may but ive only stuck around for a romulan faction not a romulan race that have there own ships some story but in all still FED or KDF lapdogs

really only ppl that are ok with this are ppl who were going to play a rom as a ALT not as a main like I was....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lordgyor wrote: »
    I know, alot of people didn't expect a full third faction at all, heck alot of people didn't expect a full Klingon Faction even.

Personally I like the new Romulans better then the old Romulans. We all ready have an empire about conquest and glory. I find the idea of playing revolutionaries and part time mercanies with a slight Space Roman/Space Elf and Space Orcs flavour exciting.

The TNG outfits were sooo ugly and the hair was all the same too.

The Ships were awesome and the elements that echoed

Space orcs are called da orks. They are the bestest green there is! :D Who does not love more dakka?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    People wanted the 'green' (no punt intended) but, for now, Cryptic seemed to have chosen a (orange) medium path that is both practical and leaving the door open to still a full independent faction.... Who knows, the RR may rebel and find 'isolation' back behind some sort of a neutral zone once SB is given to them...
    That's just the problem though, we all know that wont happen.

How long has it taken them to update the Klingons? How long has it taken them to give us any sense of Romulans? They're not going to throw in all this work only to have to undo half of it to throw the faction back on track at a later date. They've made their decision (as lame as it is) and they're going to be sticking with it.

Their story will focus on the devastation of Romulus and the effects that follow. Said story has seemingly been made to incorporate one of the two existing factions (that's why we can't progress past level 10 without joining one of them). Level 11 - 50 content has already been locked in place, they're hardly going to undo all that work later.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They did say reman and romulan's would be playable, but they didn't say how much it would cost to play them. The cat creatures are like 600C in the store however, Cryptic also said in their latest Q&A that the remans may be unlockable via the rep system - which would be cool, and free.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well in the end it is new ships and new costumes no matter what.

And hopefully some new items too. (outside the reputation).

I already look at factions as we are all just grinding stf anyway and so will the romulan faction.
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I've seen a lot of people stating that Cryptic might introduce an independent Romulan Faction somewhere down the line and that the alliance with either the Federation or KDF may only temporary.

However, and I am not trying to troll, my question is, once they go down the path of these alliances, how can they possibly go back?

For example you create you Romulan character level them to 10, decide to join the Federation, level them to 50, contributing to and helping to build a Starbase that eventually reaches Tier 5.

Then a year down the line Cryptic decides they want a neutral Romulan faction. How will this work? Will they declare amnesty for all Romulans currently members of Federation or KDF fleets? Allowing them to remain with the fleet they just spent a year helping to build up.

Or will they say - The alliances are now over all Romulan characters will be removed from their allied fleets and will have to start again?

Either way it's not gonna be pretty, if they allow people to remain with their allied fleets then the population of an independent Romulan faction will, more then likely, be seriously diminished, probably leaving them with a smaller playerbase then the KDF currently has (and we all know how that's working out for them).

Or if they force everyone to abandon their nicely built Tier 5 allied fleet, could you imagine the outcry that would create? The forums would probably go into meltdown.

I won't lie, I really want an independent Romulan faction. However I fear that now we seem to be locked into this Alliance path there's going to be no turning back.
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2013

See that's the thing though, we won't ever get a full faction because doing so would be next to impossible after this. We essentially have to choose to be either a fed or a klink, we even get to fly their ships. Great, so in two years when we get starbases and fleets of our own, what? We just lose everything we've been building up for two years? Yeah somehow I don't think so. Ergo, impossible to actually flesh out the faction properly.

In other words, yes I would much, MUCH rather wait a year and get a real faction rather than be permanently stuck with half of one. The fact that the KDF got shafted should be a reason to do it right this time, not TRIBBLE up all over again.

@cryptic: If we don't get our own doffs, do we at least get our own boffs? I would assume so since we'd need a crew to level to 10 and choose a side, but equally a lot of my assumptions were proven wrong.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    I can live with what we got i am content with atleast being a rom
    what boils my blood is the bold faced lie they told all of us.
    I mean go to the LoR teaser sire and this is what you will find

"START AS ANY FACTION

So does it say that roms must be KDF or FED?

This was a bold faced lie not just a mislead but an all and out lie thats one thing that just makes me madder then an old wet hen.

If cryptic had been honest from the get go i wouldnt be mad but happy but im mad because they lied to all of us.

I happen to agree with you, while they necessary didn't lie (as you can start as a Romulan) they omitted an important fact (about being forced to align with one of the other factions to continue your character). Not a good business practice but something a lot of us have sadly come to expect from Cryptic.

They give us little and then flooded the gaming sites with all this highlighted news and then in reality it's all been sugarcoated. Might look good in the press but the press aren't supporting the game, they aren't playing (I have to assume some do but not enough to keep the game going on their own) and instead they peeve off their customers, the ones who pay for this game through subscriptions or just pure zen purchases for the C-store. The supporters are angry and hurt, but Cryptic if they do care have enough time to make some minor changes like not allowing Romulan faction characters to have access to Fed and KDF ships. That at least would be a step in the right direction.

But it could always be worse, and in time they can improve the Romulan faction and turn it into a single unique faction with unique content like I hope the KDF will be getting in this expansion with only end game like New Romulus, Nukara Prime and STF's etc being the cross faction content. Missions need to stay faction unique and so neither the Romulans or the Klingons should have the FE's, with maybe the exception of the Undine missions, those feel Klingon and Romulan enough with the exception of the mission where you save the Romulan Valdore ship from the Borg.

I do think they need to merge fleets and make them cross faction as well, with just the visuals for each faction different and perhaps the names of the bases chosen by the fleet's, this way it will get rid of the problem of Romulans being in a fed fleet for example as it's a cross faction base like the Unity Starbase in Starfleet Command 3. It could even be tied with Omega Force as a way to explain it to storyline fans.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    daboholic wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of people stating that Cryptic might introduce an independent Romulan Faction somewhere down the line and that the alliance with either the Federation or KDF may only temporary.
    These people would be optimists. Nothing more.

As for everything else you've said, see Post #6. I agree with you.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't see what having Romulan Fleets and Romulan Starbases has to do with our allying to a faction and getting extra goodies from them. This is what is frustrating to me. I get some of the practical reasons they did it, for those who have a lot of ships or a high tier Starbase, fine, let Romulan Players who want that join a allies fleet as a fleet ambassador. Let us pick an ally and get access to that sides ships and tech.

Don't force us to use their fleets and their starbases, there is zero reason to do so other then saving them some Romulan base design time. Heck, I'd take a placeholder Starbase with no special projects as long as we can advance the tiers and gain access to the rewards, which are fairly universal anyhow.

They want us to play in mixed groups with Fed and KDF so queues are reasonable, fine by me, I think that makes sense. Denying us fleets and starbases, and the ability to PvP and fleet with Romulans that picked the other faction to ally with makes it feel like WoW's Panderan with a longer story line.
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    daboholic wrote: »
    IFor example you create you Romulan character level them to 10, decide to join the Federation, level them to 50, contributing to and helping to build a Starbase that eventually reaches Tier 5.

Then a year down the line Cryptic decides they want a neutral Romulan faction. How will this work? Will they declare amnesty for all Romulans currently members of Federation or KDF fleets? Allowing them to remain with the fleet they just spent a year helping to build up.

Or will they say - The alliances are now over all Romulan characters will be removed from their allied fleets and will have to start again?

These are valid questions of course. I can only speculate if there are romulan starbase, then people can build them as a romulan only fleet (like feds and KDF). Story wise, who knows, I suck at story creation, that's why you won't find a foundry mission in my name :D

As far as "when would romulan SB be implemented", only Cryptic and its mother company know and will decide. So far, and it is only a personal view and way of playstyle, I am more of a solo player who like to share some time with fleet mates, so the lack of green starbase is not a game killer to me... Others are devastated over this decision, I can understand why...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I get that its better for the game to allow the factions to share resources. I get that its not practical to create 3 way PvP. I get that they want players who have invested time, effort, and money to be able to still have some access to those things, though at the same time I find it strange that they haven't committed to mirroring all Vet rewards and LTS perks yet, I guess only some time money and effort matters.

I don't get why we can't have all that and our own fleets and starbases.

If they want us to have access to our old ships we purchased from the store, that can happen with just picking the ally faction. Why do we need to join their fleets and use their starbases?

If some players don't want to do the starbase grind again, let them join their former fleets as ambassadors.

Not letting the rest of us have any choice in the matter is just a terrible decision and I don't see how it benefits players or the business.

I was looking forward to finding a Romulan fleet and finally getting to really experience the fleet system from the beginning, everyone working together to get it done, now I'm not even sure what the point is, I'd be better off finding a T5 Fed fleet on my Fed who already has over 3 years of work put into him then re-roll a Romlulan skinned Fed that has to start everything from scratch.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is only one thing I want to know:

Do our starbases produce Romulan ships and equipment?

And if they do will these ships and equipment be availible to FED/KDF officers?

If our bases are producing these ships and equipment it needs to be availible to all players in the fleet!

There is no way a starbase should be producing ships/equipment for Romulans and not for the people building it.

If this is not the case I call for a All Fleet Wide BOYCOTT of producing any Romulan Gear/ships at the starbases unless it is availible to all members in the fleet!