Install Arc
Options

Game hanging repeatedly on load screens

13»

Comments

• Options
    xxskinsxxxxskinsxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    for the last 2 days almost every time i change any zone or system i get a server not responding. I kno it is not my comp or internet because i do not have the issue with any other games or program. i can alt tab out and watch you tube,surf web,play another game and sto still says server not responding i am new maybe a week but searching in the forums it seems this games has alot of bugs maybe i should move on
  • Options
    godgrimzillagodgrimzilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah i've got the same thing too, STO is unplayable right now.
  • Options
    specter222specter222 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, they merged 2 threads about this issue so someone is watching the forums, would be nice to get some sort of official word on this even if its just a standard 'We are aware of the issue and investigating' response.

I'll just also mention that i'm in U.K. here as well.
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cryptic, here's a suggestion for you.

You've got a Server:up and a Server:down indicator on your website. Why not a Server:some difficulties? That way we can know that something may be wrong?

Still not loading for me. I'm in the US.
  • Options
    wolfgar2wolfgar2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Something is going on. Servers says it up, but as soon as I log in after a major delay I get server not responding then kicked within 50 seconds.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know they had emergency maintenance yesterday but currently I can't get past loading screens and if I do ... its so slow that my character lacks powers, skills, bridge officers and reputation system info.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    kyrtmalthornkyrtmalthorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cryptic, here's a suggestion for you.

You've got a Server:up and a Server:down indicator on your website. Why not a Server:some difficulties? That way we can know that something may be wrong?

They're probably too busy catching up on our forum complaints to go switch it.
  • Options
    hiplyrustichiplyrustic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They're probably too busy catching up on our forum complaints to go switch it.

You're suggesting that they are reading this?
  • Options
    dschizzad1dschizzad1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    same thing in germany
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just sitting at SFA im getting Server not responding nearly all the time - UK here :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2013

I'm implying their priority is likely to work on a solution to the problem, not tinker with their website or forum.
  • Options
    k1ll5w1tchk1ll5w1tch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am curious how many of us "Brit's" have recurring disconnection issues and if so how many of them use the same ISP (I.E Virgin media) as Ive had nothing but disconnects for about a month, so many in fact i'm almost ready to give up this game and not bother playing.
  • Options
    celticjedicelticjedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same here in the UK,if i get on server not responding and now i cant even get past the launcher.
    Good timing as i was seriously considering a lifetime sub,your loss! Im on BT tinternet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    k1ll5w1tch wrote: »
    I am curious how many of us "Brit's" have recurring disconnection issues and if so how many of them use the same ISP (I.E Virgin media) as Ive had nothing but disconnects for about a month, so many in fact i'm almost ready to give up this game and not bother playing.

It's not a regional issue. U.S.A. here; my ISP is stable.

Now, whatever ISP Cryptic's servers use... That may be another matter. Did anyone consider that it might not be directly Cryptic's fault? But such is life on the World Wide Web.
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't personally think its cyptics fault. the games up and running just we cant get access to it. Ive been playing since Open Beta and for 99.5% of the time things r great.
  • Options
    wolfgar2wolfgar2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think they are reading this. :) I have faith ;) faith of the heart.............. :p
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    should the newer topic about this issue have been merged with the thread from yesterday and not the other way around ? , it would help to know where our posts in said topic are but the issue still remains and not much if anything from crytic . what was the work that was done last night on the servers ? , cause it has not helped tbh and made things worse
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    hiplyrustichiplyrustic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm implying their priority is likely to work on a solution to the problem, not tinker with their website or forum.

You don't suppose that, perhaps, they have people who get paid to do PR/communications who could be reporting on the issue without taking coders and network engineers away from their jobs, do you?
  • Options
    suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    seems to be working ok now....fingers crossed ;)

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
  • Options
    k1ll5w1tchk1ll5w1tch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Except for the stupid disconnected from server issue Ive been having for months.
  • Options
    malek3malek3 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As of this morning it's working for me now. Last thing I did was to activate the virus protection suite that comes free with my ISP......wife had not activated it. Then went to the launcher and "glory be" it launched! Don't know if it was a coincidence or not. Don't care!