What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game hanging repeatedly on load screens

Comments

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is an ongoing connectivity problem with Cryptic games (Or all of PWE games for that matter). It's been happening since Thursday and a lot of people haven't been able to play without constantly getting disconnected, or just unable to connect at all.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    had no prob about 2 hours ago. now i'm in the same boat as all ya :(. played a couple c&h's without any problem. then last one got veeeery laggy. finally i decided to reload game ^^ :D...

edit: again after net-reconnect: failed trpple, but suddenly seems to work again on the 4th ^^
  • Options
    sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can't Get Into Or Out Of Earth Space Dock.
    Console For Banking Cant Be Accessed
    Server Log In Still Sucks And I Get D/ced.
    Server Launcher Not Working Much Either
  • Options
    ninzombie12ninzombie12 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same problem here in NY gang....I haven't been on in a while because of work, but, for the record, same problem here.
  • Options
    atomicdeath443atomicdeath443 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ya, its awesome that this game has been having Server not responding issues since day one, and they still havent fixed it... It was bad when it was a Pay to play game, now its even worse it seems, now that its pay to win.
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think the bugs r back :( Was playing ok for a few hours today but since 1500 GMT its back to the DC and time outs :(
  • Options
    mikenight00mikenight00 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bring the launcher up, and before you log in hit the Settings button up top. A new little window should appear. Click Safe Mode and then okay. Log in normally. If you are still stuck on the load screen till it times out, then its something wrong on the server side of things.

Starting the game in Safe Mode forces all graphic settings to their lowest setting to facilitate the ease of your character being inserted into the instance. Once you get in the game you can bump your graphic settings back up to their old spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Never Forget 5/21
  • Options
    lirdeklirdek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not only that you Devs at Cryptic are nerfing EVERYTHING in the game so the user has to pay more and more from wallet in order to enjoy endgame content

BUT

PWE and Cryptic can't even afford decent servers ?

These issues are such of amateurs level you then wonder why people are always unhappy?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I am in game, Sitting at full impulse going nowhere. Cant do nothing. Yet I can watch the big fight around me! :D lol
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kekvin wrote: »
    I think the bugs r back :( Was playing ok for a few hours today but since 1500 GMT its back to the DC and time outs :(

That sounds about right for me also, just having a Server not Responding just moving from Rolor to BU (currently its at 165seconds), had 2 disconnects and lots of other Server not Responding - was 2 minutes just getting back into the game)
  • Options
    boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, having the problem here. Logged on earlier and did a STF but when I had to leave the motel (roadtrip) and went to the hospital won't even bring up the launcher now." sighs" Get the raid after these bugs Cryptic
  • Options
    malek3malek3 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I pay monthly to support the game and get what ever perks I get as a subscriber and I certainly don't appreciate that I can't get what I paid for and not only that, I will never be given any credit for the time that I have not been able to logon! I'm sure the financial end of things works fine and that my monthly payments are being processed without any difficulty!

Will try your suggestions as soon as I can get the GOOD laptop back from my wife. This thing that I'm using to post this is almost 10 years old and can't even download this game, and much less play it! Thanks all!
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This morning I was playing and everything started to sloooooow down. Everything was happening about 2 seconds after I did it. (Wasted a dilithium claim thanks to that.) I thought it may have been my computer so I shut down STO and re-opened it. Still slow. Closed it and opened two other games. All running fine.

I restarted my computer and now the game won't load. All my other games do and they run perfectly.

What gives? Is anyone else having this issue?

I'm not able to file a bug report via the website as that doesn't work. Never has for me and from forum posts in the past it doesn't work for others. Great!!!
  • Options
    kyrtmalthornkyrtmalthorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The server does seem to be having a lot of trouble. I was able to log in for a couple seconds and get to sector space, but couldn't move and got a virtually perpetual "Server not responding" with a timer.

I wouldn't think this would be the busy time of day...
  • Options
    specter222specter222 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Having problems as well, i try to bring the launcher up and i just get the 'Trying to update launcher. Please be patient' mini window, this stays at attempting 1 time for a few mins and then i get the cryptic error window saying my aplication has crashed. If i bypass the launcher and load the cliant directly i can get to the log in screen but after logging in i just get 'Connection to the account server timed out' message.

Game was working fine last night after the emergency maintenance, but now today being unable to even get in game is proving to be a real annoyance.
  • Options
    captpricemancaptpriceman Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same issue as well. No the launcher won't connect.
  • Options
    philiptoddphiliptodd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Normally, I myself have little or no problem during this time of day.
    Yet today I found myself running with a message of server not responding (140.50s)
    I hadn't noticed anything wrong until I started playing a foundry mission. I first noticed that it started running slow and then, I would do something only to have the screen jump and place my characters back where I had just started. That was seconds before I started getting the server not responding message myself.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I've gotten on but now anything I attempt to do only occurs in-game 15 seconds later!!!

Pull your socks up, Cryptic!!

As I type this I just got booted. Awesome!! Fun!!!
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Unplayable for me atm. Heavy connectivity problems. So i closed the game now.

Cryptic, please activate the ESH (Emergency Server Hologram).
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    globus4globus4 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    busted last night busted again today
  • Options
    baldingx1baldingx1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can add "stalling at the retrieving maps message" to the list of TRIBBLE that's occurring since the last patch. I can't spend money if I can't log in so I hope this costs someone their job for incompetence. You're supposed to test code before you push it out to production so the manager in charge of getting bugs fixed should be axed too for failure to maintain quality control. Any other company would have thrown the guys doing half arsed coding under the bus shortly after launch.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Maybe Cryptic's servers would be able to get a better handle on things if we weren't spamming it with reconnection attempts.

I vote we go find something else to do for an hour or so.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Now the forum is having trouble.

Another win for STO!!!
  • Options
    suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    same problem today......server very slow. get disconnected, then launcher very slow to connect....I am in UK.

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
  • Options
    krazymainerkrazymainer Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same issues..Takes forever to get into game and when I do i can't do anything without the "Server Not Responding" message coming up..

Would be nice to hear something from Branflakes or anyone bout this problem..
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Same here. All I get is Rubber banding when I get into a mission and Server not responding statement. A lil frustrating to say the lease. Will try it again later. ESH? Love the idea :D
  • Options
    clawoforcoclawoforco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Have 4 fleeties all in the UK with the same issues. Bran ..can we have an acknowledgment or an update please.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Just for the record: this isn't an isolated UK thing. I'm in the U.S.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    uk here also but what I find odd is if I use spotflux the game loads as it should , stop using spotflux and the game either fails to launch of is very slow . this seems like the last problem like this has returned
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    mequarmequar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well i picked the right day to come back to STO ....