test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If i were runnin' all Plasma Beams...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
...on a cruiser, which would be better: +11 Starship Beam Weapons, or +10 Starship Plasma Weapons?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the +11 beam as +11 is better then +10 ;) however you should be able to find some +15 plasma fairly easily which would beat the beam +11
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    +10 plasma would be better because its specific to the arrays, but then you would end up getting unbuffed if you found a better array of a different type... like Tetryon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Good stuff, thx!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aisling wrote:
    +10 plasma would be better because its specific to the arrays, but then you would end up getting unbuffed if you found a better array of a different type... like Tetryon.

actually its 1 less then the +11 beam one.

just because its for a specific damage type doesn't mean its better. Yes its usually better as comparing a +beam and a +damage type of the same quality and rank the +damage type will have a higher modification but in this case the +beam one gives a 1% bigger increase then the damage type.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Personally I don't see much use in tetryon beams. From what I've seen, it's either phasers, disruptors, or polarons as far as proc goes.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I would go with the +11 beam unless you were using plasma torpedos as well then the +10 plasma MIGHT be better in the end since it would effect all weapons, in the end though the difference is so minute it really doesn't matter much
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    plasma torps do not deal that sort of plasma damage so a +plasma energy weapon console would do nothing to it.

you would need +plasma projectile weapon consoles or +Torpedo consoles

The majority of plasma torps damage is kinetic only its proc does plasma damage but its still not the same sort as plasma energy weapons do. hence why it stacks with the energy weapons proc.