What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jem'Hadar Attack Ship Results Thread

Comments

• rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    khanreborn wrote: »
    opened 7, got my jhas on the last one

interesting. i opened maybe as many as 21 packs and got the ship on the last one.

i opened packs in various places at various times. don't know if that made any difference or not.

i was at the academy when i opened my last 3.
  • hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I got mine on #13 (me lucky number too!) and instantly got messages from three people wanting to buy it off of me, lol :cool:

But I kept it and now I have all three Jem'Hadar capital ships under my Klink toon so I've got all those goodies too (fighters, consoles...) plus I have the MK XII Jem'Hadar Space set so it's all good! :)

T'is a kick-butt ship and team booster to boot! :D

hip63 :P
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    400,000,000ec worth of doff packs and got no ships .Thing is they thought to limit the doff roster to 400 so to open them in one after another is impossible (same for logic in this game ) and you have to waste hours deleting or mailing doffs (thou if you sell /trade alot its impossible to open the mail when you have 3000000 mails in it ).

p.s. I already have a bug ship from exchange . i bought those packs for lobi crystals and to check my luck.
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Purchased 25 packs, and I did not get a Bug from any of those packs.

What I did get were plenty of doffs. Funny thing about FS doffs: No Civilians, more Security Doffs. So all those common doffs were earmarked for the Starbase. The uncommons were ground down to feed the starbase. And the blues were (in part) ground down to feed the Starbase. That fed, immediately, two of my fleet's starbase projects. It will provide the doff requirement for at least two more once we start slotting science projects again.

I did get plenty of powered and unpowered alien artifacts. I also received one unique purple doff, Dahar Master Kohltar.

The powered alien artifacts were upconverted into a blue and purple field generator, and sold for a combined 32 million.

I got my bug for 275 million ec.

The only "useless" thing I've seen from this pack and sale are fleet embassy provisions. Pity we didn't get fleet mark boosts instead.
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They should just sell the ships straight out and cut the foreplay.
  • madblooddollmadblooddoll Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    errab wrote: »
    Sorry but the house always wins when it comes to games of chance.

Sometimes the best way to win is to not play.

Still seems wrong this isn't a gambling game.
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Opened about 5 packs. Very first pack had 4 fleet modules. The rest must have been worthless cause I don't even remember what I got.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They should just sell the ships straight out and cut the foreplay.

I AGREE. ALL ships should be made available via C-Store, except for the very rare event rewards ships that you can only get by playing the event.:D
  • mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tercerus wrote: »
    So yeah, bought 15+ Fleet Officer Packs and no Jem'Hadar Attack Ship. Meanwhile the chatbox was flying by with dozens of people who had gotten it while I was opening my packs. Along with people in chat complaining that it took them 5-9 packs to get it. Well that is a giant load of TRIBBLE that you can't even make the odds good enough for me to get it when I opened double to triple what other people did.

Yeah, Perfect World, you won't be getting another dime from me. Thanks for stealing my money. Fkn lame.

It took me $500 worth of zen to get the Dread, and the bug. I had enough energy credits to get the third ship of the super-set off the exchange. The bug took well over 100 doff packs and there were only 3 packs left when my friend finally got the attack ship for me (i simply had no more room for Doffs so he kindly helped me out). Im wiped out though and dont have the dilithium to buy the advanced bug pet, it will need to wait. Is it worth it to me to have spent so much? As i see things, i have spent so much time and money on this game over the years that i want to keep cryptic in the money to protect my investment. I like having a larger player base and dont mind carrying the Free-to-play types by wasting some money on the game from time to time.
  • valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The way i see it is the money you put into the game helps keep the game alive, if u have wanted the jhas for a while and you feel its worth it then itwas, i got a jhas and i love it, amazing ship and i paid my share into the c store but ive knocked 300 hrs into the game and still playing on same char so if u love the game why not splash the cash a bit if that makes u happy :)
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    valkarie14 wrote: »
    The way i see it is the money you put into the game helps keep the game alive, if u have wanted the jhas for a while and you feel its worth it then itwas, i got a jhas and i love it, amazing ship and i paid my share into the c store but ive knocked 300 hrs into the game and still playing on same char so if u love the game why not splash the cash a bit if that makes u happy :)

When you say "splash the cash abit" you probably imagine no one is spending money in this game and cryptic is doing charity by keeping the servers online :rolleyes:
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It took me $500 worth of zen to get the Dread, and the bug. I had enough energy credits to get the third ship of the super-set off the exchange. The bug took well over 100 doff packs and there were only 3 packs left when my friend finally got the attack ship for me (i simply had no more room for Doffs so he kindly helped me out). Im wiped out though and dont have the dilithium to buy the advanced bug pet, it will need to wait. Is it worth it to me to have spent so much? As i see things, i have spent so much time and money on this game over the years that i want to keep cryptic in the money to protect my investment. I like having a larger player base and dont mind carrying the Free-to-play types by wasting some money on the game from time to time.

You're insane for spending this much money, but I've spent silly amounts so I can't judge. I finally wised up though. Those ships are nowhere near $500 though, nor is there anything you can do in STO to justify such an outlandish cash outlay.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No i know people do spend alot of time n money in game n each to there own :) i love star trek n i love this game n i will get lts when it drops down but i think if u spend 500 or 5 million its all good as long as your happy :)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I opened 20 of the winter gift boxes & got 2 bugs. That was the only time I've gotten any ship from a lockbox.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As i see things, i have spent so much time and money on this game over the years that i want to keep cryptic in the money to protect my investment. I like having a larger player base and dont mind carrying the Free-to-play types by wasting some money on the game from time to time.

I feel the same way, to be honest, though I only dropped $50 in a (failed) attempt at a bug. And a lot of converted dil, and about a hundred million EC.

Yes, if I'd sold the doff packs I bought when the promotion began (they spiked to eight million each), I'd have been able to buy a JHAS outright. But that's not the point. I don't even want the ship that badly. It's the fun of taking a chance :cool:

And I finished the Ferengi set and bought a couple of nice costumes with the Lobi, so I'm happy, and that's what counts.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    20 packs, 15 bought with zen. No Bug, but got the Tachyokinetic Converter with the 200 lobi which was what I wanted anyway. Also got 4 powered artifacts, a very rare Aux2Bat technician and a buttload of doffs that are currently in cryo storage.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I opened 20 of the winter gift boxes & got 2 bugs. That was the only time I've gotten any ship from a lockbox.

Pretty much the same thing happened to me.

That was the last box i'll open for a ship though ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• jengozjengoz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Hey, since you seem to have a lot of money and not the sense on how to use it, will you also make my car payment for me? It will also "protect you investment" by keeping a larger player base. If you pay it for me, I won't have to work and I can play more and use my money to play blackjack down the street.
    C'mon, it's less than the cost of a lock box ship.

Beers,

Jengoz =/

"The Star Trek Online is fueled by the most abundant resource in the Galaxy.... Gullibility."
    "Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It took me $500 worth of zen to get the Dread, and the bug. I had enough energy credits to get the third ship of the super-set off the exchange.
    You are a good man, and I started liking you. Heck, I am sure that if I start a business someday then you'll be my first client

:D
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    37 packs, no bug. But I did get a 2nd and 3rd Tachyokinetic Converter from the extra Lobi.

In the last month I have blown 2 1/2 mil dilithium, 60 mil EC, but zero real money; and I do enjoy flying my Dread (from 163 boxes of dil).

I was lucky at the end of S6 to get the bug on pack 13, so I cant complain this time.
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Approximately 200 packs and 4 bug ships (no I did not buy them all?. Its completely random but for me it is around 50 or 60ish for one.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Approximately 200 packs and 4 bug ships (no I did not buy them all?. Its completely random but for me it is around 50 or 60ish for one.

Either you should go to Vegas and play any black jack right away or you must a real live Pinochio!!!:D
    DUwNP.gif

• johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dont believe everything someone writes here..

sure its possible that he had some luck but in this thread are way to many way to lucky persons to be true..
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dear me, please stop QQing over failed lockbox attempts, then in sheer frustration, blame PW for being evil tyrants.

For starters, no one made you buy a lockbox. Equally, no one made you think they were 'a gift' way to win a rare ship. If you cant afford to open them or you dont like the idea of it then don't, or if you are too stupid to realise you might not win then thats life. It really is that simple.

What 80% of the comments on this thread boil down to is jealousy of people that they either

A) Havent got the cash spare to buy keys.
    B) Havent got the inclination to spend RL money on a game, but still want the rare gear.

Well its not gullibility, everyone knows what they are paying for, it just boils down to the fact that some people dont mind spending money on a game, especially if they put enough hours into it to justify it. Take me for example, i have a broken leg and am getting paid $1000 a week by medical insurance. So clearly lockbox keys are very worthwhile to me personally, to enjoy the game i currently spend a lot of time playing. Another way to think of it, is that this game takes up enough hours for some people that it could be classed as a hobby. All other hobbies cost real money to pursue, so whats the difference. Time enjoyed being wasted, isnt wasted time.

I am tired of hearing all the haters hating. If you feel you can play for free and not 'give a dime' to PW by grinding endlessly for hours in time where you could be doing something far more interesting, then feel free. Well done you, go nuts. Personally, I would hate to grind that much every day and it would prevent me enjoying the game completely. Similarly, if you think you are some sort of morally superior keyboard warrior by denying PW your hard earned dollars and then hating on everyone that gets anything half decent, again, knock yourself out. Personally i prefer to log on and start playing for fun, not log on and pursue a 2nd job, or ,definitely not look with envy at everyone else but not have the balls to admit it and pretend im not really bothered.

I really am sick of hearing it all the time. Dont try to spoil my fun by trying to make me feel bad for having no qualms about spending a bit of real cash. Im not scrooge. Some of you are, just deal with it quietly and let the rest of us enjoy the game how we want.

Lastly, hating on PW is ridiculous. The amount of hours most people spend on this game, and expect to not pay any money. What the hell, where is your appreciation? I will let you in on a little secret now......companies dont make games for free, they want to make a PROFIT. I dont see why people begrudge them a bit of cash every now and again if they enjoy playing the game. Especially as they keep updating and providing new content. If you dont like the way they make their money, then STFU or dont play the game. Again, dont try to make out like your own shortcomings of being Scrooge McDuck are somehow PW's fault for being an evil corporation. Its simply because you are a miser. Simply whining about having to spend money as a smokescreen for being too tight or too poor, or both.

Well, that is all.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    About 400 doff packs and 7 bug ships.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tercerus wrote: »
    So yeah, bought 15+ Fleet Officer Packs and no Jem'Hadar Attack Ship. Meanwhile the chatbox was flying by with dozens of people who had gotten it while I was opening my packs. Along with people in chat complaining that it took them 5-9 packs to get it. Well that is a giant load of TRIBBLE that you can't even make the odds good enough for me to get it when I opened double to triple what other people did.

Yeah, Perfect World, you won't be getting another dime from me. Thanks for stealing my money. Fkn lame.

Here's the thing, the odds are the same on every box you open. It doesn't get better with the number you buy. Each time you open one, you have a .01% chance to get the bug ship. Some people will get it after one, some after 10, and some never. That is why this ship is so rare.
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well the odds PER BOX doesnt get better when buying more but thats well obvious.

The change of getting at least one ship DO increase when opening more than one box.

If the chance of gerting one ship from one box is 0.001 or 0.1% then the chance of NOT getting it is 0.999 or 99.9%. so if you open x boxes say x=100 the chance of getting no ship at all is 0.999^100 = 0.9048 or 90.48%. Thus the chance of finding one ore more ships is 1-0.9048 = 0.0952 or 9.52%.

Which is much better than the original 0.1% per box;)
  • jd6885jd6885 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sorry for resurrecting an old thread. I'm relatively new to STO and i purchased the Jem dreadnought. Naturally, I want a bug ship for my hangar pet, but of course they're priced at half a billion EC atm. Is this promotion for bug ships still available? If not, how often does cryptic hold bug ship promotions like this one?
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jd6885 wrote: »
    sorry for resurrecting an old thread. I'm relatively new to STO and i purchased the Jem dreadnought. Naturally, I want a bug ship for my hangar pet, but of course they're priced at half a billion EC atm. Is this promotion for bug ships still available? If not, how often does cryptic hold bug ship promotions like this one?

the promotion doesnt exsist anymore, but, considering how much money it make's for pwe/cryptic, and because they did it in the past, i'm sure that in the next 3/4 months, they will discontinu a lockbox/officerpack and that they make for 7 days the jhas aviable again.
  • brangel13brangel13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, some are luck to get it on the 3rd or 4th lock box open!!! However to be honest, if Cryptic made the Jem'Bug a c-store purchase... I would probably "Rage Quit" STO indefinitely. While I did end up getting the Jem'Bug, sadly it took me roughly 6 months to get. Not through the "countless" lock boxes I opened, but the EC it took to save to buy one the exchange. I personally don't mind spending $50 a month on zen, simply to promote STO servers to stay live. Cause in the end, if the servers go down... then game over.