• admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    vividh wrote: »
    and 26 for it to be fixed haha

you're being generous, it could take 3 years
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    szim wrote: »
    The Romulans are gonna be playable in 18 days. I will crush you all you pesky Feds and Klings! :D

18 days isn't May.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Tal Shiar serves the Iconians, but Sela did not. At least, Obisek didn't think so:

"This campaign of terror is the Tal Shiar's doing, not the empress's. Still, Sela does nothing to stop it.

There is little love between the empress and the Tal Shiar. Did you know that, many years ago, she was exiled from Romulus for attempting to assassinate the head of their order?

The Tal Shiar have their own masters. And Sela despises what she cannot control."

And I would like this explained.

It's a bit like revealing that the CIA attacked Pearl Harbor. Or that the S.S. masterminded the Allies winning WWII.

There could be some fantastic rationales for that kind of thing but whatever rationales there are, we need to start seeing them or it becomes a plot hole.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This March thing will be a reaveal I think, nothing more.

I think the May will see the Romulan faction added.

And no, there will not be romulan lockboxes.

As for the Tal'shiar, imagine if the CIA's leader got allied with aliens promising him rayguns and custody of Earth if he helped them invade it.

*Is dragged away by CIA agents with wierd looking guns and tentacles.... wait...tentacles!*
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • montanis2012montanis2012 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My opinion would be, the end of countdown marks the start of the new season of episodes. At the end of those events things in the galaxy may have changed a bit to see a larger update of the game in May.

What the Sela / Iconian story arc may or may not bring is rather not important except of course that its exciting and I look very much forward to it.

A romulan faction is the only reason I still remain in this game. I just hope it will happen and sooner the better. The argument that the KDF is not fully fledged holds no value. Fans of the Klingons can have Klingon Chars, fly Klingon ships and at least enjoy the feeling of playing Klingons in the Star Trek universe.
    Romulan fans as well as Cardassian fans are not having that small luxury. For myself I wont play Klingons no matter of how "developed" that faction is... because i WANT to play a romulan. Even if it is only a small part of the content. I want the feeling... the Klingons sstarted smaller than they are today... and look what was made of it.

In May there will probably not be a new faction, but until then the foundation may be created upon which it can work in the future. Hopefully thats whats going to happen. Versa Dera!
  • megamanx82megamanx82 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Has anyone else noticed they screwed up to month on the timer? Should be MARCH, not May. It scares me that if they can make such an obvious mistake on the launcher... What kind of horrible "Glitches" will be there when the content is released.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    megamanx82 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed they screwed up to month on the timer? Should be MARCH, not May. It scares me that if they can make such an obvious mistake on the launcher... What kind of horrible "Glitches" will be there when the content is released.

The countdown is probably for the announcement. The actual expansion isn't till May.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • megamanx82megamanx82 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    No they're not.

Refrofit? You mean Retrofit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    megamanx82 wrote: »

Why do you assume they 'screwed up' anything? It is so hard to believe they're just counting down to a release of more detailed info, and or maybe a short mission (or other content) with some lead up to the larger update coming in May.

You see what they're doing is called 'marketing' - where they are using this for building up anticipation and getting some free advertising on game sites who cover this countdown as 'gaming news'.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • stormbringer77stormbringer77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ...excuse me? wtf is wrong with you exactly? he asked a legitimate content and you sit there and belittle and insult him. and no there is no KDF revamp coming, how many times do you need to be told that it was explicitly said that it was a new tutorial and that was ALL that was coming...
    What's wrong with me? The authorities and my shrink are still trying to work that out.

No. He didn't pose a legitimate 'content' (I assume you meant to say 'legitimate question about content'). What he did (and I'm not just singling him out, there are a few identical types of post in this and every other thread) was pose a question about KDF content in a thread that anyone can see is about Romulans and/or Iconians. It has nothing to do with KDF content. The point being (and reading the forums and chatting in game I know I'm not the only one to feel this way) that those of us who want to play FED only all agree more content would be nice for KDF players to have, however, if every single bloody thread or news update becomes a collection of 'KDF content or else' posts you WILL lose the support that non-KDFers have for your issue.

As for 'there is no KDF revamp coming', I was going to post dozens of links to articles and interviews for your edification, however I am pathologically lazy, so I'll just refer you to STOwiki's future content page as they link to all the official quotes. The new tutorial is coming first, you're right there, but if you read all the interviews (certainly as far back as August 2012 at least) you'll be able to piece together the fact that the KDF will be turned into a FULL faction at some point soon. I suspect though that the DEVS are also aware that the FED faction is far more populous and therefore will receive the lion's share of dev-time.

Finally, I fail to see how you could think I was being insulting. I merely pointed out that it's getting more than a little repetitive hearing people moan about KDF content in non-KDF related threads.

So, please keep your Klingon temper under control. I mean it when I say I would love for you KDF-types to get more content, even if I'm never going to play it myself (I've tried, I just can't get into the Klingon vibe), but I am tired of seeing non-related threads hijacked constantly.
    ***The above ramblings are, as always, my own opinion. Based on my experiences and interpreted by my mind, they by no means reflect the universal truth (unless coincidentally). Peace.***
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    psymantis wrote: »
    So the current announcement is merely an announcement of an announcement?

That appears to be the case. Similar to when an organization has to have meetings in order to discuss and organize meetings. So this anoucement is going to be something BIG.
    edited March 2013
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    That appears to be the case. Similar to when an organization has to have meetings in order to discuss and organize meetings. So this anoucement is going to be something BIG.

Its probably the official announcement of what is actually coming in May 2013
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tuskin67 wrote: »

You sir, are most likely totally correct in that.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013

That's what I'm betting on. I'm just curious as to the change in hype build up. The devs must be really confident in this.
    edited March 2013
    That's what I'm betting on. I'm just curious as to the change in hype build up. The devs must be really confident in this.

Its supposed to be bigger then a normal season update, they're not even calling it a season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they started tribble testing it that week or the week after.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Its supposed to be bigger then a normal season update, they're not even calling it a season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they started tribble testing it that week or the week after.

But what are they caaaaallling it? :(
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    But what are they caaaaallling it? :(

Tacofangs is calling it "Alan, the Cowboy", apparently.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8426951&postcount=75

Honestly, the things tacos come up with these days!
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    I'm surprised no one caught that. I stole that from Homer Simpson.

In the episode where he is a 'Bigger Brother' to Pepi. They're looking up at the stars together, and Pepi asks Homer what the names of the constellations are.

Homer replies: "Well, there's . . . Jerry the Cowboy. And that big dipper looking thing is Alan . . . the Cowboy."

So, when people ask what something is called, I often defer to Alan. . . the Cowboy.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one caught that. I stole that from Homer Simpson.

In the episode where he is a 'Bigger Brother' to Pepi. They're looking up at the stars together, and Pepi asks Homer what the names of the constellations are.

Homer replies: "Well, there's . . . Jerry the Cowboy. And that big dipper looking thing is Alan . . . the Cowboy."

So, when people ask what something is called, I often defer to Alan. . . the Cowboy.

You're so learned.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is everyone really that sure that there is not going to be a Romulan Faction?

The first pic of it said,"March Beneath the Raptor's Wings?" with a pic of the Romulan Symbol and Romulan letting.

The second says "Our shadow will dim the stars." With a lot of Romulan Ships on screen.

In Ask Cryptic: February 2013:
    Q: (carcharodon1975) ?Beneath the Raptor?s Wings? has set people?s hope high on getting a playable Romulan faction in May. My question is? are we getting a playable Romulan faction in May?

Dstahl: We are not ready to begin discussing the details of what is in our May update, however the reference definitely suggests that it is related to Romulans in some way. We will share more news about the update and give a clearer response to your question as we get closer to May.

Q: (nometa) Will we be able to get a Romulan Warbird or a D?deridex class now that we?re helping the Romulans on New Romulus?

Dstahl: We discussed this opportunity when we were developing Season 7, however we decided that player interest in a Romulan faction is so high that we need to reserve these ships for a future update when we can implement a playable Romulan faction. So until then, these ships will be off limits to the Romulan Reputation System!

Also they haven't denied it!

So it seems like a Romulan Faction to me, or a really bad joke lol.
    I don't want to get my hopes up that a Romulan class is incoming. Especially when the above post neither confirms nor denies one is coming. In another thread someone found new icons tac/sci/eng for a Rom officer in the game files so it's possible. I've become cynical with Cryptic of late though so I'm desperately trying to keep an open mind.

I think, as someone else suggested, that the announcement will be made when the timer expires and some of the new stuff will go on Tribble.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mikefl wrote: »
    I just don't know how they would have time to make a Romulan faction so quickly when they haven't had the resources for even the klingons all this time.

I wonder if it's some type of level 50 unlock to play as a Romulan. Maybe it will be through some type of Romulan reputation unlock that allows you to fly a Rommie ship and be a Rommie character. It just seems highly unlikely they have had time to sport a complete Romulan faction.

Maybe it's just an intro to an Iconian/Sela alliance. Since we've been hearing about Denise Crosby coming into the mix as well.
    The first pic of it said,"March Beneath the Raptor's Wings?" with a pic of the Romulan Symbol and Romulan letting.

The second says "Our shadow will dim the stars." With a lot of Romulan Ships on screen.

In Ask Cryptic: February 2013:
    Q: (carcharodon1975) ?Beneath the Raptor?s Wings? has set people?s hope high on getting a playable Romulan faction in May. My question is? are we getting a playable Romulan faction in May?

Dstahl: We are not ready to begin discussing the details of what is in our May update, however the reference definitely suggests that it is related to Romulans in some way. We will share more news about the update and give a clearer response to your question as we get closer to May.

Q: (nometa) Will we be able to get a Romulan Warbird or a D?deridex class now that we?re helping the Romulans on New Romulus?

Dstahl: We discussed this opportunity when we were developing Season 7, however we decided that player interest in a Romulan faction is so high that we need to reserve these ships for a future update when we can implement a playable Romulan faction. So until then, these ships will be off limits to the Romulan Reputation System!

Also they haven't denied it!

So it seems like a Romulan Faction to me, or a really bad joke lol.

Considering the desire for a Romulan faction for some time, the not too terribly far in the past poll where that was the number one requested feature by a long shot, the lack of a denial thus far the the Update that is not Season 8 contains said Romulan faction, they either have a Romulan faction coming out in May, or they really want to TRIBBLE a lot of people off so that the forum rage of players who want to be Romulans truly does blot out the stars.

Given this, plus the fact that Dan in recent interviews has said they are doing a new KDF tutorial, and that May will be the next time they do KDF only content, seems to me a fair bet that KDF will get rounded out as well, which might also point to a Romulan faction since that was a previously stated pre-req for a Romulan faction.
  • noyjitatpwenoyjitatpwe Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ahhhh Demon Romulans!
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Big story focus [16][33]
    At least one new Feature Episode series at launch and maybe even more than that [2]
    New Romulus-like adventure zone in the Nimbus System [34]
    Khitomer will be a featured location

"March Beneath the Raptor's Wings"
    "Our Shadow Will Dim the Stars"
    "Some Will Fall"

my guess is this will happen on khitomer and will poss. show what happened there and how sela became who she is today ..........
  • commanderlicommanderli Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It looks as if the Romulans are making a major comeback this May. I wonder if the question of what happened to Empress Sela in one of the Romulan Mystery episodes will be answered in the upcoming content. In addition, I am curious if there will be any more episodes about the Iconians. I cannot wait to learn about their agenda for the Alpha Quadrant.
  • morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We shall see, personally I will be angry if its not a Romulan faction...dont care if its a mini one or not. The only thing that will get me playing this game again is a fresh take and a reason to do a new character. So far this seems really Romulan themed, and so far they haven't denied that there will be playable Romulans soon. If it isn't playable Romulans they should just say so, or they will have damage control to do around here.