test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Screenshot Available

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited March 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We've added a new image to our May 2013 teaser site?

"Our shadow will dim the stars."

Link to the teaser site.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is everyone really that sure that there is not going to be a Romulan Faction?
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wait what the hell... theres a timmer at the bottem... whats happening in 19 days?

little early for the faction isnt it?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We'll probably find out in a little under three weeks.
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    don't mess them up PLEASE don't mess them up
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so thats the date when we'll see it on tribble?

I understand is not a season but I hope cryptic will continue the tradition with tribble testing :rolleyes:

atleast the stupid orange launcher backround now has a more serious colour :p
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just don't know how they would have time to make a Romulan faction so quickly when they haven't had the resources for even the klingons all this time.

I wonder if it's some type of level 50 unlock to play as a Romulan. Maybe it will be through some type of Romulan reputation unlock that allows you to fly a Rommie ship and be a Rommie character. It just seems highly unlikely they have had time to sport a complete Romulan faction.

Maybe it's just an intro to an Iconian/Sela alliance. Since we've been hearing about Denise Crosby coming into the mix as well.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    19 days, 17 hours until something else gets nerfed / broken.
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My guess: A new carrier ship, Romulan or Iconian. :eek:
    signwidrona.png
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ERMERGERD!!! Why must you mess with us like this! :)
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been redirected here (http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013), the teaser site, but I dont see any different...
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    so thats the date when we'll see it on tribble?

Almost certainly not. The countdown is on their teaser site. when it hits zero they will most likely tell us what they are planning to do, or reveal some kind of teaser trailer. they wont want to force themselves to have a patch ready for a specific date. that never works in MMO's.

a patch may follow after but end of march is still very early for a tribble patch if its being released in may.
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Clear your browser cache or update the page and moseover the the image above the text.
    signwidrona.png
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    excitement level +1
  • lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I stopped AdBlock and then I could see the image and the countdown.Oh, I'm so hipped.

PD: No.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Almost certainly not. The countdown is on their teaser site. when it hits zero they will most likely tell us what they are planning to do, or reveal some kind of teaser trailer. they wont want to force themselves to have a patch ready for a specific date. that never works in MMO's.

a patch may follow after but end of march is still very early for a tribble patch if its being released in may.

Stahl already said to check back in later March for information on the Meh Update. So I'd agree with what you're saying here about it being a countdown to a little more info on what they've got planned.

As an aside, it's kind of funny the number of folks here and there that are treating it like a countdown to May. You know, it's March 1st...the countdown's to the 20th (a Wed, btw) - but people are skipping the remaining 11 days in March and completely obliterating the 30 days in April... so yeah, as an aside - that's been entertaining.

But like I said...Stahl said to check back in later March - cause they'd be giving info out then. March 20th...later March...more info.
  • dmfreddie_1426533189dmfreddie_1426533189 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I reckon there doing the same thing as what their doing with the new Iron Man 3 trailer and there's going to be another 'major' update to the teaser page in 20 ish days with a possible new image / trailer revealing slightly more and will continue until 2-5 weeks before the update is supposed to go live. At least it's something new with publicity....
    Join date: April 2010 ; Lifetime Sub since April 2010. Actual 1000 day vet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of: Fubar Inc.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "I think our lives just became a lot more complicated"
    Jean-Luc Picard
    GwaoHAD.png
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Warbirds.... Warbirds everywhere...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So, 19 days and 17 hours comes out to sometime on the 21st of March, or a traditional patch day, Thursday. Strange.

I don't think we're getting a romulan faction or something like that that day, but we might be getting something...

Also, probably not related, but interesting.

March 21st, 537 ? Siege of Rome: King Vitiges attempts to assault the northern and eastern city walls, but is repulsed at the Praenestine Gate, known as the Vivarium, by the defenders under the Byzantine generals Bessas and Peranius.

From Wikipedia

EDIT:
    About the gradual info release, they did the same with Force Unleached 2, where each week you could come back to the site and unlock another thing.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Okay, I'm officially hooked. :eek:

Cryptic, whatever this is, it had better live up to all this hype!
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm intrigued. At first it sounded like something the Iconians would say, but the teaser picture was a Romulan armada.

We already know from the feature episode series that the Tal Shiar and Empress Sela have some connection with the Demons of Air and Darkness...
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The timer and the image isn't the only things that have changed on the site. the slogan which used to be "March Beneath the Raptor's Wings" now says "Our shadow will dim the stars." You can see the outlines of Romulan ships, which pretty much points to an upcoming faction.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • overlordvfaoverlordvfa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Actually, I think it is the Iconians making an appearance. ;)
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It says May 2013 so the next post (t minus blah) will just have another image with a timer.. wetting my panties...

.. ooh may be its the bugs that have been reported since beta that are finally going to be fixed.. sorry me being a fan takes over sometimes.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "Our shadow will dim the stars."

Then the Federation will fight in the shade.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • kurtzroykurtzroy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My guess is a Romulan Featured Episode and maybe a Romulan themed ship (but more likely a fed ship, and a note with lolKdf written on it).

I'd love to be wrong, but given the record laid out before us no reason to be optimistic.
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Warbirds.... Warbirds everywhere...

Well, Good day to die.
  • tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can't wait for the Romulan lockbox!
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lol. wouldn't that be funny if all this hype, the teaser site, all of that... was for a romulan lockbox? haha.