test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Screenshot Available

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    SO this means they will finish KDF AND having a rom faction?

10k says they dont
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    SO this means they will finish KDF AND having a rom faction?

One can hope.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think it's another Invasion type of thing, like the Borg are doing ;)

All the content and gameplay (or whatever we get) will be Romulan-focused, as befits all this teasing, but it probably won't be another faction. Could be, but I think it unlikely at this time
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • heero139heero139 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    trek21 wrote: »
    The counter will obviously reveal more about what's coming, but the ACTUAL release date of what's coming isn't till May.

What I'm saying is that isn't obvious. What would be obvious is that May 2013 is in 19 days. Except it even more obviously isn't... therefore, one must assume that the countdown is to something else...

From a design perspective, out of context, this looks like a failure in the ability to count.
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    idrona wrote: »

I like this one better....

(the video is kinda stupid but the Theme is cool.)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    heero139 wrote: »
    What I'm saying is that isn't obvious. What would be obvious is that May 2013 is in 19 days. Except it even more obviously isn't... therefore, one must assume that the countdown is to something else...

From a design perspective, out of context, this looks like a failure in the ability to count.
    Out of context, yeah I can see that, but I'd think anyone who could figure out that this countdown isn't referring to the May 2013 release date...

Well, it means people know something will happen when the counter hits 0, but it won't be an actual release of the content/expasion/whatever we're getting.

I'd be stunned if anyone didn't 'get' this.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • rilnathrilnath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I really hope if there's going to be a romulan faction then it will be the sela/iconinan ones, and not these red-blooded, rodberian, kumbaya singing romulans of D'tans. Friendly romulans are nice and all, but I don't want to play as a friendly romulan.
  • gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hmmm.....some of those silhouettes don't look quite like D'deridex class ships...maybe new ships? Some do look like Romulan BoP ships though.

Also if I had to judge just from this teaser i would say that The new faction would definitely have something to do with the Tal Shiar becoming more of a threat.
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    heero139 wrote: »
    What I'm saying is that isn't obvious.

Perhaps not, but with a bit of brain power, it's not hard to deduce.

19 days to something related to the May teaser. But May isn't in 19 days. Obviously they won't release the whole thing early, and assuming the devs couldn't look at a calendar to count to May is, frankly, absurd. Why generate the hype like this, though, if it's just going to be a red herring?

It's pretty clear they're going to tell us something at the end of the countdown. Which incidentally will be in mid-late March, which is right at the start of the timeframe I suspected they'd officially let us know whether or not it's an FE or a faction. They haven't been teasing any other content releases in the meantime between now and May either, which further fits into my prediction that they'd go pretty much all heads down after Feb.'s festivities died down, save for First Contact Day coming up.

All according to plan...
    nierion wrote: »
    I'm hoping it's Romulan STFs and on the side, a lot of bug fixes and revamps to existing STO content. Earning Romulan Marks in "Adventure Zone" just doesn't feel right and it's annoying IMO and not very Trek.

Wait... how exactly is humanitarian and scientific aid to a fledgling ally while simultaneously exploring a Strange New World not Trek-like? Really aside from the grind involved, New Romulus is the most Trek-like content STO has ever seen...
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gornman47 wrote: »
    hmmm.....some of those silhouettes don't look quite like D'deridex class ships...maybe new ships? Some do look like Romulan BoP ships though.

All I can see is some D'deridexs and Warbirds, but nothing that looks like a KDF BoP:cool:
    edited March 2013
    thumpyecho wrote: »

Ah! yes it does look a bit like that. Of coarse, if it is a new Faction they would need more than just a D'deridex and a warbird. Also its pretty doughtful that you would get a Scimitar.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gornman47 wrote: »

You can view background image to see the image - then if you've got a zoom plug-in or just want to save it and zoom, you can get a better (albeit fuzzy) look at the ships there.
  • erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Blah blah moan grunt PvP. Grunt moan cry Klingon faction. Blah nerf, blah blah other random broken things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    trek21 wrote: »
    Out of context, yeah I can see that, but I'd think anyone who could figure out that this countdown isn't referring to the May 2013 release date...

Well, it means people know something will happen when the counter hits 0, but it won't be an actual release of the content/expasion/whatever we're getting.

I'd be stunned if anyone didn't 'get' this.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-Release-Date-Moved-Up-to-May-15-327283.shtml

Why, the best Trek in history of course! Star Trek II Into Darkness
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    edited March 2013
    So with all these new ships that will probably be available, maybe they should give the KDF a Liberated Borg Sphere. Why not, huh. It would be just like in Star trek Voyager!
  • keriginkerigin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Looking thru page source, found this:
    var targetTimeStamp = 1363874400; // 03/21/2013 - 6am PST
    and
    Matthijs de Graaf | 02/07/2013

Ideas, anyone?
    We ARE the Borg. We WILL assimilate you. You WILL be assimilated.
    The Borg must love their 2nd word adjectives accented.:biggrin:
  • hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited March 2013
    Dig deeper, you will find something else!:)
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mikefl wrote: »
    I just don't know how they would have time to make a Romulan faction so quickly when they haven't had the resources for even the klingons all this time.

I wonder if it's some type of level 50 unlock to play as a Romulan. Maybe it will be through some type of Romulan reputation unlock that allows you to fly a Rommie ship and be a Rommie character. It just seems highly unlikely they have had time to sport a complete Romulan faction.

Maybe it's just an intro to an Iconian/Sela alliance. Since we've been hearing about Denise Crosby coming into the mix as well.

They have doubled their staff size in the last year. Dan also in a recent interview when asked when the next KDF only mission is coming out said May. They have also said they are working on a KDF tutorial revamp. Also the last forum poll a Romulan Faction was the most popular option by far, with completing KDF coming in second.

I think all these things combined point toward a possibility of a completed KDF and Romulan faction both launching in May. Of course I don't think a Romulan faction is certain, but all things considered, I think they'd be playing with fire to tease it like this for just a story segment, risking the ire of the pro-Romulan players.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Then the Federation will fight in the shade.

Mass Effect reference, I like that, it has weight. :D

Are they really certain that the Romulan faction is coming out in May?
    Every player I have spoken to doesn't believe it for one second.
    My own personal belief is until I see a Tribble test server release, I won't believe it either.
    strorus wrote: »
    Instead he suggested and I think this will happen, the Romulans will splinter into 3 groups, NPC group, Fed group and KDF group. Each group with their own variations i.e. Starfleet Group includes Romulans and Remans, KDF group is Romulans and Hirogen etc

Oh please tell me no!

The condition I set for creating a Romulan Faction toon is they have to be Hirogen playable (a real Hirogen with Hirogen costume options, not a custom alien).
    I don't want to be forced into playing KDF storyline just because I'm playing a Hirogen.
    Granted, if it's the only way I'll get to play Hirogen, I'm willing to make that sacrifice, but I'm not going to be happy about it, believe me!

For instance, that Maruading BOFF is still 100% uneditable and despite a year of ticketing, Cryptic have completely failed to fix the problem.

I want the choice to be completely free as to which faction my character signs up, not have it be dictated to me because I created a specific playable race.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    edited March 2013
    I hope at some point They add something akin to this puppy, to the mix. :D

That'd be one hell of a Romulan Carrier!
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • c0mbustiblelemonc0mbustiblelemon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here's My theory...

Praetor Taris Disappears from Iconia... to go where?

The Tal Shiar/Romulan Star Empire have teamed up with the Iconians and are coming Back for an Epic Return....

New Romulus is aided by both the FED and KDF factions to get back on foot...
    -New Romulan Race is possible and the featured story of the New romulans will be to fight against the RSE and the Iconians for their story.

"Our Shadow will Dim the Stars" Iconian Reference ...... remember Old Trek anyone?

"March Beneath the Raptor's Wing" ... Possible implication of a romulan faction against this new menace!

Everyone has different theorys/beliefs as to the May unveiling... as for the Countdown?

That could be the time until it's announced!

:)
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    Mass Effect reference, I like that, it has weight. :D

.....what is wrong with this world?......that is 300.......
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If the Rommie faction is arriving, why couldn't have finished Klingons first?.

If it is not the faction, is it a new episodic story arc, or maybe Romulan lockboxes containg Rommie ships.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited March 2013
    thumpyecho wrote: »
    .....what is wrong with this world?......that is 300.......

and that was from something a real guy is believed to have said at the real Battle of Thermopylae.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dienekes
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited March 2013
    Very Curious that the timeline ends right after a patch on thursday! I'm not thinking a early release for the Rommie but probably the day that KDF get the revamp! That way when they release more info on this, it won't upset a lot of KDF players.
  • c0mbustiblelemonc0mbustiblelemon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    THE TIME COUNTS DOWN TO..... Wednesday, 20 March 2013, 15:00:00
    edited March 2013
    THE TIME COUNTS DOWN TO..... Wednesday, 20 March 2013, 15:00:00

Umm, ok no need to yell! 19 days would be the 20th but the extra 15 hrs from this time(3:00pm March 1st) on the 20th 3:00pm would be exactly patch time on the 21st!
    edited March 2013
    Here's My theory...

Praetor Taris Disappears from Iconia... to go where?

The Tal Shiar/Romulan Star Empire have teamed up with the Iconians and are coming Back for an Epic Return....

New Romulus is aided by both the FED and KDF factions to get back on foot...
    -New Romulan Race is possible and the featured story of the New romulans will be to fight against the RSE and the Iconians for their story.

"Our Shadow will Dim the Stars" Iconian Reference ...... remember Old Trek anyone?

"March Beneath the Raptor's Wing" ... Possible implication of a romulan faction against this new menace!

Everyone has different theorys/beliefs as to the May unveiling... as for the Countdown?

That could be the time until it's announced!

:)

Would it not be incredibly fun to be able to play as part of an Actual Villain Faction in this game...?

Oh to be a henchman of Sela, raining death and destruction upon those Klingon veruul and Federation kllhe...

:cool: