Install Arc
Options

New Screenshot Available

Comments

• Options
    nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Wait... how exactly is humanitarian and scientific aid to a fledgling ally while simultaneously exploring a Strange New World not Trek-like? Really aside from the grind involved, New Romulus is the most Trek-like content STO has ever seen...

Yes the concept of us providing humanitarian aid and exploring the planet is very Trek (aside from the Eppoh tagging). However the implementation doesn't feel very Trek to me. I'd like to see more depth added to the zone, instead of upgrading an Embassy which technically I think that is more up to the Federation and not a Fleet to have, but for every fleet to help upgrade an area on the planet for the civilians to live and get their buildings upgraded. I hope they add more missions to New Romulus that maybe have a direct effect on how the story progresses.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    shifter777 wrote: »
    Umm, ok no need to yell! 19 days would be the 20th but the extra 15 hrs from this time(3:00pm March 1st) on the 20th 3:00pm would be exactly patch time on the 21st!

It's Pacific time.

From date:Friday, March 1, 2013 at 6:22:00 PM

Added 19 days, 14 hours, 37 minutes

Resulting date: Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 8:59:00 AM

Subtract 3 hours (Eastern -> Central -> Mountain -> Pacific)... puts it at 6:00 AM on March 31st... Pacific time.

It would actually be an hour before the normal patch time of 7AM Pacific.
  • Options
    stormbringer77stormbringer77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jtoon74 wrote: »
    If the Rommie faction is arriving, why couldn't have finished Klingons first?.

You KDF dudes do know that if you constantly sound like a stuck record you'll end up losing the support of those of us who aren't interested in KDF content, right? Is there really any point in the constant hijacking of threads just to point out, yet again, that you want more KDF content? The world and it's tribble know what you want already! Do any of you even read the interviews or do you just insta-reply with 'waaah, no kdf love'? KDF revamp is coming, it's mentioned in every bloody article!

As for the KDF/Fed war, it's over already. The KDF are too busy bank-sitting at DS9 in their over-compensating-sized ships to bother with the war, hence why there's never enough Klingons to even fill a PvP zone. :P

As for the teaser updates, I'm seriously digging it, looking forward to May. Despite all the whining, STO is by far and away the best F2P game out there, and some of us actually appreciate the work that all you Dev-types put into it for our enjoyment.

Long live STO! :)
    ***The above ramblings are, as always, my own opinion. Based on my experiences and interpreted by my mind, they by no means reflect the universal truth (unless coincidentally). Peace.***
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why is everyone thinking Sela is the bad person...may i remind you all Taris is on the loose after escaping from prison
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    19 days for people to finally see there is no third faction, way to early/silly to have a new faction with the kdf are still in such a horrid place.

I think its going to be a huge story plot along the lines of a feature episode "quality wise" but story, so possibly say.. 6 missions or so, maybe more. And to me it seems the rommies have some new ships..
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since "Our shadow will dim the stars" is pretty close to "Our arrows will block out the sun" I seriously expect playable "Persians" in May ... discuss ... :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Romulan Mystery
    YouTube Link: "Cutting the Cord"
    Time Index: 35:53

Are we going to get a possible conclusion?
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    originally Posted By Pwebranflakes
    "our Shadow Will Dim The Stars."

then The Federation Will Fight In The Shade.

This Is Terra!
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think we are seeing the return of Sela, and she's brought some new friends....

Lets just say the 3rd year anniversary wasn't the only mission Denise Crosby came in to work on for Cryptic....

Furthermore, I think we'll see the first true sub-faction in the game. Allowing end-game FED and KDF players to "branch" out and take command of a Romulan ship as part of a temporary alliance with the new Romulan homeworld. Together they will defend the new homeworld against the Sela and the Iconians. Judging by the Missions attached to the Romulan Rep system, they've left us several clues to the story.

This is what I think, too.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pop that romulan ale cork

that new warbird design could be amazing

please let there be multiple skins
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    This Is Terra!

NO This is VULCAN!!! *kicks into bottomless pit*
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This one time when I had consumed a considerable amount of Romulan ale I thought to myself "what if the russians faked losing the cold war."

It was terrifying.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is what I think, too.

Me too.

Not getting my hopes up though, been burned too many times by Cryptic.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i don't think we'll have the romulan's ship or faction. i just hope whatever come trought that "portal" will be awesome! :D
    and i hope for a science officer boost and not another nerf!
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    chatbotchatbot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lockbox! :D
    Send a standart greeting, full spread.
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Wait... how exactly is humanitarian and scientific aid to a fledgling ally while simultaneously exploring a Strange New World not Trek-like? Really aside from the grind involved, New Romulus is the most Trek-like content STO has ever seen...

I agree with this... so much of the game has been around killing. Aid,exploration, and research is far more a trek ideal. the game had really been lacking in that area and New Romulus opened up some new avenues for it.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This Is Terra!

No...this is Earth! You need a chainsword and a bolter to shout Terra. Or at least a shiny sashs and scantily clad women if you go for Mirrors.

Actually, tagging endangered species is very Federation like. Of course, Klingons tagging them is a bit odd.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wait a minute....That's not a screenshot, that's a countdown to something awesome! You can't fool me!
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wait a minute....That's not a screenshot, that's a countdown to something awesome! You can't fool me!

It's a countdown to a NPC on New Romulus that will provide copies of future dev blog posts about the Meh Update. They're not fooling anybody!
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can't possibly be the only one that thinks there's something /slash-fic going on between Sela and Taris, right?

I bet Taris was aboard that Iconian ship that "rescued" Sela...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It required years of work to rebuild all the zones to make them compatible so you didn't see all the forced perspective visual tricks they had going on in the original zones to make them look bigger (and three-dimensional) than they actually were, and they were doing it the entire time they were giving reasons why they didn't have it before.

Cryptic has probably been doing the same thing with the Romulan faction. They probably had some sort of plan in the beginning, then priorities and plans changed, but they had some work going into this the entire time (as well as other projects that they haven't even mentioned I'm sure), and recently it's been re-prioritized to bring it back to the front again.

Except that the resources for cryptic to be doing such a thing simply don't exist. This isn't wow, this isn't blizzard. Cryptic barely gets anything out with the very limited resources it has. and if these magical resources actually existed, explain why they claim they couldn't do anything to the KDF? it would be absolute undeniable proof that they'd lied to us for 3 years straight
    Moral of the story is: We don't know everything Cryptic is working on

No, but we do know what they're not working on, what they don't have the resources to do
    They have doubled their staff size in the last year. Dan also in a recent interview when asked when the next KDF only mission is coming out said May. They have also said they are working on a KDF tutorial revamp. Also the last forum poll a Romulan Faction was the most popular option by far, with completing KDF coming in second. I think all these things combined point toward a possibility of a completed KDF and Romulan faction both launching in May

their staff was never very big to start with and still isn't. the resources are simply not there. Polls mean less than nothing. They are just polls. There is zero possibility - none whatsoever, that the romulan faction could have been completed so soon, to say nothing of completing both at the same time. To even claim that with a straight face is absurd
    You KDF dudes do know that if you constantly sound like a stuck record you'll end up losing the support of those of us who aren't interested in KDF content, right? Is there really any point in the constant hijacking of threads just to point out, yet again, that you want more KDF content? The world and it's tribble know what you want already! Do any of you even read the interviews or do you just insta-reply with 'waaah, no kdf love'? KDF revamp is coming, it's mentioned in every bloody article!

excuse me? wtf is wrong with you exactly? he asked a legitimate content and you sit there and belittle and insult him. and no there is no KDF revamp coming, how many times do you need to be told that it was explicitly said that it was a new tutorial and that was ALL that was coming.
    I can't possibly be the only one that thinks there's something /slash-fic going on between Sela and Taris, right?

If you need me i'll be working on a new foundry episode and...uh...nevermind
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013

And now we know why the Iconians are too busy to attack us during a few STFs and drop some awesome antiproton quad cannons :)
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe March 21st they're going to start releasing new missions as a build up to May?

The 21st is a Thursday, patch day.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    We will get this epic RomulanVideo in 19 days.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hey, here's a thought:

whatever the countdown timer's for, we won't know about until March 21st, around 9 AM server time, so how about we wait patiently until then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    argent007 wrote: »
    hey, here's a thought:

whatever the countdown timer's for, we won't know about until March 21st, around 9 AM server time, so how about we wait patiently until then?

Cause this is the forums and that would make since. :P
  • Options
    eizaeiza Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    O.O what if it is upping the Level Cap? I am so confused with the Kingon stuff, I don't like it.... T.T and everyone knows Fed is so much more organized, and cleaner, I do like the Kingon weapons but everything else,.... T.T I hope Romulans... are more organized.....
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zaynar wrote: »
    Cause this is the forums and that would make since. :P

Since when have these forums made Sense? ;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    those ships.... those are not d'deridex, are they?! tail and wings doesn't look so ^^. can spot scimitars, bops and something close to d'deridex which are obviously no mogais or d'deridex, or am i wrong?