test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Screenshot Available

Comments

• jengozjengoz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We've added a new image to our May 2013 teaser site?

"Our shadow will dim the stars."[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Link to the teaser site.

Maybe because you spent too much money on cups and don't have anything left over to pay the electric bill.

Beers,

Jengoz =/
    "Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Romulan monster play forcing the Feds and KDF to end their war to face the bigger-than-all-the-other-things-combined threat?
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    wait what the hell... theres a timmer at the bottem... whats happening in 19 days?

little early for the faction isnt it?

Announcement. And that's a few days after PWE's annual shareholder report so we can probably expect PWE to leak major details first to their shareholders whereas Cryptic is under gag until then.
  • dmfreddie_1426533189dmfreddie_1426533189 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I also just noticed theirs one fairly solo gekli right in the middle or at least i think it is...
    Join date: April 2010 ; Lifetime Sub since April 2010. Actual 1000 day vet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of: Fubar Inc.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "This is exciting" - Scotty, JJ Trek, 2009.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • kurtzroykurtzroy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    Romulan monster play forcing the Feds and KDF to end their war to face the bigger-than-all-the-other-things-combined threat?

This... would actually be awesome.... insanely awesome. So that means it would probably never happen unfortunately.
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Brandon your little auto-redirect is keeping me from checking all the other news updeates under the News Archive. I really hope that isn't something that's working as intended.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    the timer is just for when the next hint of a picture comes out if u ask me there going to drag it out like there pulling teeth and wont u to feel every bit of pain. :rolleyes:
    cryptic if its not a rom faction u do know we are going to be very upset :eek:
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *yawns*

/10chars
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Looks like a invasion force. My guess is that the romulans are on the offensive and going after new romulous in force to squash the rebellion so to speak. Maybe a space adventure zone or somit i dunno could be what is planned, where you defend new romulous from the talshiar in a mini military campaign.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dhiemmdhiemm Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We've added a new image to our May 2013 teaser site?

"Our shadow will dim the stars."

Link to the teaser site.

I have just one word to say about this is AWESOME!!!

Glory to The Romulan Star Empire Long live Donatra
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mikefl wrote: »
    I just don't know how they would have time to make a Romulan faction so quickly when they haven't had the resources for even the klingons all this time.

If anyone remembers when flying mounts were introduced into Blizzard's WoW, they had for years been saying that in order to make flying mounts viable in the original zones of Azeroth, they would have to basically entirely rebuild the continents of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms and would take years of effort, implying that it was more work than was worth so they weren't doing it.

...then out of the blue they allowed free-flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

It required years of work to rebuild all the zones to make them compatible so you didn't see all the forced perspective visual tricks they had going on in the original zones to make them look bigger (and three-dimensional) than they actually were, and they were doing it the entire time they were giving reasons why they didn't have it before.

Cryptic has probably been doing the same thing with the Romulan faction. They probably had some sort of plan in the beginning, then priorities and plans changed, but they had some work going into this the entire time (as well as other projects that they haven't even mentioned I'm sure), and recently it's been re-prioritized to bring it back to the front again.

Moral of the story is: We don't know everything Cryptic is working on. We don't need to know. They tell us some of the things they're working on, but what they're telling us is not necessarily everything they're working on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • dhiemmdhiemm Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If anyone remembers when flying mounts were introduced into Blizzard's WoW, they had for years been saying that in order to make flying mounts viable in the original zones of Azeroth, they would have to basically entirely rebuild the continents of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms and would take years of effort, implying that it was more work than was worth so they weren't doing it.

...then out of the blue they allowed free-flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

It required years of work to rebuild all the zones to make them compatible so you didn't see all the forced perspective visual tricks they had going on in the original zones to make them look bigger (and three-dimensional) than they actually were, and they were doing it the entire time they were giving reasons why they didn't have it before.

Cryptic has probably been doing the same thing with the Romulan faction. They probably had some sort of plan in the beginning, then priorities and plans changed, but they had some work going into this the entire time (as well as other projects that they haven't even mentioned I'm sure), and recently it's been re-prioritized to bring it back to the front again.

Moral of the story is: We don't know everything Cryptic is working on. We don't need to know. They tell us some of the things they're working on, but what they're telling us is not necessarily everything they're working on.

Well said.
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • zeuslegion1zeuslegion1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Looking forward to whatever they have planned but that redirect is murder on my browser's RSS reader. Every time I load up news items and click on STO, the whole thing redirects.
  • blu3drag0n1977blu3drag0n1977 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm intrigued. At first it sounded like something the Iconians would say, but the teaser picture was a Romulan armada.

We already know from the feature episode series that the Tal Shiar and Empress Sela have some connection with the Demons of Air and Darkness...

March Beneath the Raptor's Wings is a reference to a time in Vulcan history called The Time of Awakening.

It Cumulated with a sizable group of Vulcans eventually leaving the planet, becoming the ancestors of the Debrune and the Romulans.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Almost certainly not. The countdown is on their teaser site. when it hits zero they will most likely tell us what they are planning to do, or reveal some kind of teaser trailer. they wont want to force themselves to have a patch ready for a specific date. that never works in MMO's.

a patch may follow after but end of march is still very early for a tribble patch if its being released in may.

You maybe right... here is post from Dan Stahl to the update on dilithium thread from a few weeks ago:
    dastahl wrote: »
    Having just celebrated our 3 year anniversary, there should be no doubt in your mind that we will be here for year 4 and beyond. We have a lot of good stuff in the works for our next May update and you'll see what we've been talking about in a little less than a months time.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    :)Dstahl has hinted in the past that the Romulan faction may not or will most likely not be a full blown faction like the Kilingons (yes I know, Klingons still need a lot of work, but that another thread).

Instead he suggested and I think this will happen, the Romulans will splinter into 3 groups, NPC group, Fed group and KDF group. Each group with their own variations i.e. Fed Group includes Romulans and Remans, KDF group is Romulans and Hirogen etc

You will then gain access to playable Romulans, ships and some story line. But I think that is as big as a Romulans faction will get.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I actually hope the Romulans will be of D'tan's new empire, so that they'll get access to some social zones and Omega Force reputation and such.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • monshmonsh Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If anyone remembers when flying mounts were introduced into Blizzard's WoW, they had for years been saying that in order to make flying mounts viable in the original zones of Azeroth, they would have to basically entirely rebuild the continents of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms and would take years of effort, implying that it was more work than was worth so they weren't doing it....

So, basically what you're saying is "rocket boots"!?! Now I'm really excited!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our cause now!
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If somehow it is a faction of sorts they really shouldnt make them join fed or kdf, this goes against all the shows as the romulans like their solitude and dont want to be involved with outsiders much. As for the soft romulans thats on NR well there not real romulans like we all like there just pansies lol. Keep romulans how they were in the shows, the kdf and feds would never be true friends or joint faction type of alliance in the game as if that happens well sod cryptic for doing that. There are some things cryptic shouldnt have the right to do even tho they have a licence imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seabee22ndseabee22nd Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pft, if ytheyre notgoing to add a new faction then i guess theres no sense in playing anymore, they've already pissed me off by changing the pvp
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    First off, excited here :D

Second, this doesn't exactly sound like a Romulan Faction. Why?

"March beneath the Raptor's Wings" = could be seen as something Romulans would say, but "Our shadows will dim the stars" sounds a LOT more like an invasion force thing. I'm betting either a Tal Shiar force, or an Iconian-armed Romulan force, building up from Sela's 'abduction'. And it fits a lot with the shadowed Romulanesqe force seen in the teaser.

Now I could be wrong, but so far, I don't think a Romulan faction is gonna be the case, not just yet.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • absolutwillabsolutwill Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think we are seeing the return of Sela, and she's brought some new friends....

Lets just say the 3rd year anniversary wasn't the only mission Denise Crosby came in to work on for Cryptic....

Furthermore, I think we'll see the first true sub-faction in the game. Allowing end-game FED and KDF players to "branch" out and take command of a Romulan ship as part of a temporary alliance with the new Romulan homeworld. Together they will defend the new homeworld against the Sela and the Iconians. Judging by the Missions attached to the Romulan Rep system, they've left us several clues to the story.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited March 2013
    monsh wrote: »
    So, basically what you're saying is "rocket boots"!?! Now I'm really excited!

Star Trek Online: Season 8
    The Return of Gul Libbel
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • heero139heero139 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit confusing that there is a counter to March 21, 2013 underneath the text "May 2013"?
    Zekkie@h33r0yuy
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    heero139 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit confusing that there is a counter to March 21, 2013 underneath the text "May 2013"?
    The counter will obviously reveal more about what's coming, but the ACTUAL release date of what's coming isn't till May.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Those Warbirds don't look like the Classic TNG Warbrids, or the Mogi Warbirds from nemesis....did the Iconions upgrade Romulan ships and create a New class....or did the Romulans create a new class of ship????:confused:

"I think our lives just became a lot more complicated"
    Jean-Luc Picard
    GwaoHAD.png
  • nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm hoping it's Romulan STFs and on the side, a lot of bug fixes and revamps to existing STO content. Earning Romulan Marks in "Adventure Zone" just doesn't feel right and it's annoying IMO and not very Trek.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    SO this means they will finish KDF AND having a rom faction?
    Server not responding (1701 s)