test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    olivia211 wrote: »
    I posted up a new video concerning PWE / Cryptic business practices. Hope you all enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DZb07sbdpk

I went and saw the thread Dan posted at midnight last night. Yeah, the timing for that was kind of ugh.

I really wish they would just tell us what these fleet mark changes are going to be already. I mean how hard is it to say "We are adding 20% more marks to such and such fleet actions...."

I will never understand why they expect us to take their word for it and go by their numbers when we never get to see the numbers.

The crazy thing IMO, is after the debacle with the 75 pages of testers notes pointing out the flaws from The Valentine Day Massacre patch, that their going to repeat the same mistake again and wait until the last minute to add a new ship, some supposed changes and I'm sure a few fixes that break other things to the Tribble server......

Here's hoping they fix the bugs from last weeks patch that's keeping people from playing the game because they can't assign their BOFFs on their ships.
  • solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

To be fair, he was trying to explain why that whole Harlem Shake thing happened - he was up in the middle of the night with his sick daughter trying to help her get to sleep

Ahh, well I take it back then. If it was said in this context, then yes I understand and as mentioned take back what I was implying.
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    solomace wrote: »
    Ahh, well I take it back then. If it was said in this context, then yes I understand and as mentioned take back what I was implying.

It's sad and all, but really, why post right when you have the most on your plate and you're at your most tired?
    It was a poorly timed post. Any other time and I'm sure there would have been many great submissions to it, but it was still badly timed and handled whatever is said.

Hopefully the little 'un gets well soon.
    I need a beer.

edited February 2013
    It's sad and all, but really, why post right when you have the most on your plate and you're at your most tired?
    It was a poorly timed post. Any other time and I'm sure there would have been many great submissions to it, but it was still badly timed and handled whatever is said.

Hopefully the little 'un gets well soon.

Kids will do that to you. Been there, done that... :)...
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
    edited February 2013
    Kids will do that to you. Been there, done that... :)...

I'm not a parent, so I have to admit that I have little idea when it comes to the little 'uns.
    Does it show? :)
    I need a beer.

• izdubar2izdubar2 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I could have been worse, he could have tweeted *** **** or posted a ******* ****** ****** "**********."
    How MMO companies reach for the stars: "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre."
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will continue to watch this thread, but for the meantime, I'm going to go back to working on editing my foundry mission so that it's good enough to play. I just can't really make any sense of this. If someone wishes to talk to me, I'll be in the game. Good luck with getting his attention further guys.

Edit: Seems one bug that popped up might be fixed soon, with two days to test on tribble to boot.
    Just a heads up for everyone--we'll probably have a build on Tribble later today that ought to fix the inability to slot Bridge Officers. :)

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    edited February 2013
    izdubar2 wrote: »
    I could have been worse, he could have tweeted *** **** or posted a ******* ****** ****** "**********."

You make a good point! :D
    lol
    I need a beer.

edited February 2013
    I'm not a parent, so I have to admit that I have little idea when it comes to the little 'uns.
    Does it show? :)

No m8. Your doing fine.

The touch at the end of you post about the young un, says you do have some ideas:)
    edited February 2013
    I will continue to watch this thread, but for the meantime, I'm going to go back to working on editing my foundry mission so that it's good enough to play. I just can't really make any sense of this. If someone wishes to talk to me, I'll be in the game. Good luck with getting his attention further guys.

Wow, is that some handshakes across the water, olive branch thingy?

If so, I will take it:)

If not, then I just got punked...:mad::mad:;)
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Which do you want Dan to actually do? Spend time in here with us and address concerns which will take away his time of trying to address fixes, or do you want him to do something better with the game, which means him not being able to address this thread?

Furthermore, do you expect him to work around the clock?

*facepalm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well here are the tribble Maintenance and release notes:

We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20130128a.17

Added a couple missing items.

General:
    • The Foundry mission description will now always specify what type of rewards will be received.
    • Foundry Spotlight missions should now display the cooldown for the daily bonus reward in the mission journal.
    • The damage dealt by Temporal Disruption Device and Bio-Neural Warheads have been restored to their values from before the prior patch.
    • Engineering Team no longer cancels beneficial effects/modes such as Enhanced Battle Cloak and Garumba Siege Mode.
    • Added "Fleet Support Cruiser Retrofit" and "Fleet Kamarag Battle Cruiser Retrofit" to Shipyard T3 description in the Fleet UI.
    • Players will now be able to access Liberated Borg Duty Officers in the Omega Reputation store after completing the unlock requirements.
    • Resolved an issue that caused some players to have difficulties changing their graphics settings.
    • Using Engineering Team no longer puts all abilities into a 2 minute cooldown.

Click quote to link to thread and its responses.
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Good luck with your mission. I am sure it will be far better than anything we have seen from PWE/Crytpic in content for sometime now...

Oh wait... there has been no new fun content from PWE/Cryptic for a long time now!

PWE/Cryptic Where are you? Why are you not listening to your customers?

PWE/Cryptic Stop the FARM, Bring back the FUN!

Zeus
    edited February 2013
    Wow, is that some handshakes across the water, olive branch thingy?

If so, I will take it:)

If not, then I just got punked...:mad::mad:;)

Meh, it's no big deal either way. For every vegeta, there are two of us!
    I need a beer.

• noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Might I ask you some questions :

- How do you feel that Cryptic has changed your Foundry Mission without prior consulting ?
    - Do you consider that your Foundry Mission, although Cryptic has given you the means, is a work of your own Intellectual Property ?
    - Do you agree that Cryptic is allowed to change your Intellectual Property, without prior warning or consulting ?
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    giarana wrote: »
    Well here are the tribble Maintenance and release notes:

Click quote to link to thread and its responses.

Those are yesterday's notes. By the sound of things there's another going up later tonight.
    edited February 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Might I ask you some questions :

- How do you feel that Cryptic has changed your Foundry Mission without prior consulting ?
    - Do you consider that your Foundry Mission, although Cryptic has given you the means, is a work of your own Intellectual Property ?
    - Do you agree that Cryptic is allowed to change your Intellectual Property, without prior warning or consulting ?

Okay, I'm confused. The only one who has changed any part of my mission is me. What I'm putting out there is exactly what I see the foundry for, and that is to add my own story to a game that I love. Nothing more, nothing less.

• noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Okay, I'm confused. The only one who has changed any part of my mission is me. What I'm putting out there is exactly what I see the foundry for, and that is to add my own story to a game that I love. Nothing more, nothing less.

Did you also created how the mission was/is rewarded ?
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    As I stated 100s of threads before, additional Fleet Marks are coming.

Will Fleet Marks be added back to Foundry missions? Nope.

Will Fleet Marks be increased on other missions? Yes.

How soon?

As I hinted at last week, you will see changes over the next several month, but the first change will be this Thursday.

We are not detailing that change until the patch notes hit.

"Not good enough, damnit. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" ~ Picard

" a lie of omission is still a lie!" ~Picard

"The first duty of ever Starfleet Officer is to the truth, whether it's historical truth, or scientific truth, or personal truth! If you can't find it within yourself to stand up and tell the truth you don't deserve to wear that uniform." ~Picard

WE ARE TIRED OF SECRETS! SECRETS ARE LIES OF OMISSION! SECRETS MEANS WE HAVE NO SAY OTHER THAN THE RAGE WE SHOW YOU NOW AN THE PAIN YOUR PAYCHECK FEELS WE WE DON'T PAY YOUR GAME ANYMORE!
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sunseahl wrote: »
    "Not good enough, damnit. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" ~ Picard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EigIujKxDcE
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
    edited February 2013

Well somebody had to slap them with canon.... Picard was the most righteously angry of all the canon captains.
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
    edited February 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Did you also created how the mission was/is rewarded ?

No foundry author has control of that. I don't care frankly about the reward as long as there is someone willing to give my mission a shot. The only rewards that I get as an author is the tip that someone leaves and the satisfaction that there are people that want to play my mission out there.

edited February 2013
    I've got it!

Protest Beneath the Raptor's Wings!

If FED and KDF can both enter the monument of Romulus everyone can Idle there.... Thousands of people in-game..... doing the bare minimum to stay logged in... Idle on or near the Romulan monument.... With players live-streaming each instance and posting the stream link to Dan's "terrible meme" thread.

We are NOT a minority and we will no longer be ignored!
  • harbinger242harbinger242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    230 pages of pissed off players. How many more does it take before Cryptic admits they really screwed up? 500? 1000? Because I guarantee it's no going to stop.

How much more do you think we are going to take while you line your pockets with money from crapping out lockboxes and forcing everything to cost Dilithium while you continue to ignore game breaking bugs, all the while turning this game into nothing but a continual grind fest with no new content?

Even your Federation players are getting angry at this point. As a KDF player, and a fleet leader, I am beyond angry, the word furious leaps to mind. You can't even be bothered to make a KDF unique mission for the anniversary event. Did it sneak up on you? You had a whole year to make one, and you didn't. It's just more proof of how you have zero intention of ever treating the KDF side as a full faction.

Time and time again,we have heard the season 8 would be big for the KDF, and now you are no longer even calling it season 8. That just allows you to ignore the KDF again, and say, "Well, this isn't really season 8". I would say, "Prove me wrong", but I know damn well based on your track record that you can't.

I was a gold member right up until season 6. From that point on, I make this promise you you Cryptic, you will not see a single cent from me until you get your **** together.
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No foundry author has control of that. I don't care frankly about the reward as long as there is someone willing to give my mission a shot. The only rewards that I get as an author is the tip that someone leaves and the satisfaction that there are people that want to play my mission out there.

I must agree with this.

Most Foundry authors want to tell a good story. Some don't even care to recieve a tip.

Let's not put all Foundry authors into the same pot as the elitist whose demands started this avalanche.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zJsrjOytG8
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • puykonigpuykonig Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    may be we need to go to their facebook page and comment about our unhappy issue with STO.
  • puykonigpuykonig Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Time and time again,we have heard the season 8 would be big for the KDF,

Its a Very BIG BIG Season now with FED AND KDF.
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    puykonig wrote: »
    Its a Very BIG BIG Season now with FED AND KDF.

Big for the KDF would be being able to wear the Romulan robes. After two years, every Klingon player would be wearing them..XD

Maybe they'll give us a shuttle.

Or a cruiser that's not actually neutered tactically...

That'd be BIG.
    edited February 2013
    thebumble wrote: »
    Big for the KDF would be being able to wear the Romulan robes. After two years, every Klingon player would be wearing them..XD

Maybe they'll give us a shuttle.

Or a cruiser that's not actually neutered tactically...

That'd be BIG.

The season would make me happy if it were dedicated to house keeping, optimization and the en masse fixing of bugs. It would make me happy even if the only new content were swimwear and the ability for female orions to bin those nasty looking loin cloths.
    I really ought to get a life. :D
    I need a beer.

• usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Originally Posted by dastahl
    As I stated 100s of threads before, additional Fleet Marks are coming.

Will Fleet Marks be added back to Foundry missions? Nope.

Will Fleet Marks be increased on other missions? Yes.

How soon?

As I hinted at last week, you will see changes over the next several month, but the first change will be this Thursday.

We are not detailing that change until the patch notes hit.

you have been saying that since season 6 was released but nothing has come yet !
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
This discussion has been closed.