test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Surely with this sort of momentum behind this thread (and the others before it) an urgent response from the higher ups is warranted?

We are the customers after all.

EDIT

200th post yay.

Actually, I disagree. Sure, a quick fix to the IOR situation would calm things down again, for now anyway. However, I hope they are in fact considering the bigger picture here. I would much rather receive a well-considered response to the entire situation, adressing not just the IOR but the general unrest within the community. Otherwise we are just fighting symptons here, and not the disease that is killing this game. I hope the dev's are using this time to addres the issues pointed out in this thread and the previous one. If they don't, we can look forward to a repeat of this situation sooner rather then later.
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • puykonigpuykonig Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    best way is just stop playing STO till they fix it.
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, this escalated quickly.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    puykonig wrote: »

I'm not stopping, but went from 12 hours to 1 (fleet daily's) so i get some fleetmarks/dilitium.
    And the solution is so easy, fleet-, romulan-, omega-marks change them all to just marks, this way we can get our marks with the mission we want to play.
  • husserehussere Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Then you might want to stop play STO at all since most of the main issues from playerbase side view wont be fixed.

I am this close here to leave and never come back on game
    A Disenchanted player
  • imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2013

The problem is that I don't want myself and others to stop playing for them to fix mission and bugs in the game.

Its looking to me that they dont want us to play STO anymore and move to there new game that coming out soon. I know I not giving up on STO but Im also not make any purchases until some major bugs are fixed in this game.
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • brucebleobrucebleo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Morning campers!!

just posting here to show my continued support of the need for some serious rethinking of cryptics complete lack of foresight regarding players that actually DON'T want to join somebody elses mega fleet and that are quite happy with not wanting to recruit mass loads of players JUST to access parts of the game that would otherwise be off limits.

THIS is my main 'bone of contention' when me and my fleet mate created our fleet during the closed beta and then again during the early access period....we did NOT expect to be faced with the simply sucky no win situation of having to decide upon opening up Indigo Fleet to random unknown people OR leaving our beloved fleet simply because the devs show their preferences to LARGE mega fleets.

Again I say this....if it were not for STO being F2P both me and my fleet mate without a DOUBT would currently be playing Diablo 3 or dare I say it...EVE yarrrr o/

Fix this issue and Cryptic/PWE would certainly recieve Gold subs and/or zen purchases now and then. As it stands......no more money will be passing from my account into Cryptics/PWE's coffers.

PLEASE drop this Bill Roper style money grubbing mentality........if you WANT my money....don't try to FORCE me to part with it via insane grinds....ENTICE me to part with it.
  • bizzarquestionbizzarquestion Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I have done little playing these last few days. Except for the other day playing a few STF I only sign on to do my one VIP dilithium claim. Have like 3 months worth of those no sense in creating a further backlog.

The cynical part of my believes Stahl took an extended weekend as soon as he posted his last 'follow up' post. But the optimistic part feels that they are truly having meetings this weekend to resolve our issues. You can tell that what I listed first as being the most prominent in my mind.

Anyway...Power to the People! Keep up The Good Fight!
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Also popping in to post my continued support of this thread and my fellow players everywhere,

This weekend I played 0:00 STO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same here - group solidarity, mates!

I am, sadly, not of the mind that folks are meeting to discuss any part of this over the weekend at all - in fact, Dan and "The Powers That Be" have probably turned off their comps, phones, pagers (does anyone still have pagers? Ha!), and so on and are looking for cheap tix to Mexico - but I'll admit it's a good hope! :)

Was tempted a couple of times to get in-game meself, but I've such a bitter taste in my mouth the now, that, nope: have logged exactly 0:00 hours of STO as well.

Stay standing strong on this one, chaps!
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Also popping in to post my continued support of this thread and my fellow players everywhere,

This weekend I played 0:00 STO

sorry your not here - the game is jam pack tonight - new Romulus zones were full - at DS9 right now and there are like 40 ships in orbit
  • puykonigpuykonig Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i love this game, since i found it on steam. i have play like 16hrs per/day. i know that is a lot of time of playing. I just hope they fix it. as i have stop playing this for the last 2 days now. Been on other game.
    edited February 2013
    sorry your not here - the game is jam pack tonight - new Romulus zones were full - at DS9 right now and there are like 40 ships in orbit

Zones where full? 40 ships in orbit? You realize that zones get filled by design right? An actual number of zones would tell us more about players being online. Aside from that, I am confused as to why you keep posting here telling us everything is "A-Okay!!!"....What's your agenda?
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    Zones where full? 40 ships in orbit? You realize that zones get filled by design right? An actual number of zones would tell us more about players being online. Aside from that, I am confused as to why you keep posting here telling us everything is "A-Okay!!!"....What's your agenda?

I bet he also thinks they pop in numerical order too
    Cryptic has on more than one occasion altered Zone sizes for a multitude of reasons. and if you think 40 ships around ds9, is "busy' well trust me, its no where near that.
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This will probably never be seen by dstahl or anyone else... and if it is, it will likely be disregarded as coming from the "Stupid Customer, Doesn't Know Anything" mentality. (Yes, I know what that is myself, I used to apply the same mental classification to customers too).

Here's an idea.

The problem is that small fleets are struggling - but the only reason why they haven't left their existing fleet to join a "super-fleet" is because they are tied to their RP or language/country fleet.

Someone else said "Why don't we be able to merge fleets". This is a good idea, but the problem is that there will be too many fleets. However, this provides the basis for my proposal.

How about this.

Have the ability for a player to be able to join a maximum of three fleets; however, only one fleet can be set to "primary" fleet.

A person's primary fleet is simply that - the primary. No changes to the fleet system for that person's primary fleet will occur.

Secondary/tertiary fleets will be different. A player CANNOT buy equipment or supplies from secondary or tertiary fleets, but are still able to contribute resources to fleet projects and be able to visit fleet starbases and embassies.

It's not a perfect solution, but it works.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
    edited February 2013
    This will probably never be seen by dstahl or anyone else... and if it is, it will likely be disregarded as coming from the "Stupid Customer, Doesn't Know Anything" mentality. (Yes, I know what that is myself, I used to apply the same mental classification to customers too).

Here's an idea.

The problem is that small fleets are struggling - but the only reason why they haven't left their existing fleet to join a "super-fleet" is because they are tied to their RP or language/country fleet.

Someone else said "Why don't we be able to merge fleets". This is a good idea, but the problem is that there will be too many fleets. However, this provides the basis for my proposal.

How about this.

Have the ability for a player to be able to join a maximum of three fleets; however, only one fleet can be set to "primary" fleet.

A person's primary fleet is simply that - the primary. No changes to the fleet system for that person's primary fleet will occur.

Secondary/tertiary fleets will be different. A player CANNOT buy equipment or supplies from secondary or tertiary fleets, but are still able to contribute resources to fleet projects and be able to visit fleet starbases and embassies.

Take no offense but I think you are missing the whole thread line here.

so basicaly what you are suggesting is to multiply the amount of items grinding by a X factor, depending on how many X fleets you join and contribute to? xD

How to say ... Thanks but no thanks
    It totally goes against the whole thread wich is :

Too much grind; not enough FUN

Beeing able to join more fleets will result in even more grind and won't solve anything :D
    A Disenchanted player
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Best quote that describes this situation...

"Its all going to end now, isn't it? You are going to destroy this world and start a new one. What is the use of me continuing to defend a doomed planet? Can you see the sense in that?" ~ Julian

"No" ~ Sisko (as Noah)

"No. I am an intelligence agent. And, if there is any one thing I have learned, it is there comes a point... when the odds are against you, and there is no reasonable course of action but to quit.

How do you think I managed to stay alive for so long, when all of my compatriots are dead? It is because I have always known when to quit and walk away." ~ Julian

(Deep Space Nine - "Our Man Bashire")

Perhaps that is something that needs to be considered? If Cryptic is not creating something that is entertaining, I can see only one other viable option. Find another game to play.

"Star Trek: Online" will not be the last game, which carries the name "Star Trek". Within five to ten years from now, I bet there will be another MMO based upon "Star Trek".

*shrugs*

As we all know from experience, not every aspect of "Star Trek" is considered successful. Sometimes you have to call a spade 'a spade', so that you can move on to something else.

Something to think about.
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't fault them for removing Fleet Marks from non-Fleet activities.

I DO fault them for removing Fleet Marks, and not replacing them with an equivalent elsewhere. At the least, all existing "Fleet Events" and "Fleet Actions" should've been given a substantial amount of Fleet Marks as rewards. For that matter, ALL group content (including PVP and STFs) should be given an optional Fleet Mark reward as well.

These Fleet Marks should've been added to the game at the same time as removing them from the Foundry wrapper. It is UNACCEPTABLE to delay adding additional Fleet Marks elsewhere for several days or even weeks. And Mr Stahl suggests we may have to wait several MONTHS ??? That is sooo beyond unacceptable, it just isn't funny anymore.

Season 7 has done alot of rebalancing of where you get various rewards. And not always for the better either. The changes have been made with ZERO community input, before making the changes. And look at all the negative backlash that has been created as a result? First it was the Season 7 Dilithium fiasco, now this... What's next? A response, Mr Stahl?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,727 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013

Here's an idea.

How about this.

Why would anyone join and contribute to a Fleet and not be able to reap any of the rewards?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited February 2013

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    Best quote that describes this situation...

"Its all going to end now, isn't it? You are going to destroy this world and start a new one. What is the use of me continuing to defend a doomed planet? Can you see the sense in that?" ~ Julian

"No" ~ Sisko (as Noah)

"No. I am an intelligence agent. And, if there is any one thing I have learned, it is there comes a point... when the odds are against you, and there is no reasonable course of action but to quit.

How do you think I managed to stay alive for so long, when all of my compatriots are dead? It is because I have always known when to quit and walk away." ~ Julian

(Deep Space Nine - "Our Man Bashire")

Perhaps that is something that needs to be considered? If Cryptic is not creating something that is entertaining, I can see only one other viable option. Find another game to play.

"Star Trek: Online" will not be the last game, which carries the name "Star Trek". Within five to ten years from now, I bet there will be another MMO based upon "Star Trek".

*shrugs*

As we all know from experience, not every aspect of "Star Trek" is considered successful. Sometimes you have to call a spade 'a spade', so that you can move on to something else.

Something to think about.

I'm going to point out here that Bashir proceeded to nuked the world (well technically he death-rayed the world, but that's neither here nor there) in order to save his fleet-mates in that episode. He didn't walk away or quit (the line is a play on a conversation he had earlier with Garrack), he took a tack that nobody expected, and ended up winning.
    edited February 2013

How about this.

Aside from stated and obvious problems with that idea, it just wouldn't work. The reason I am not in Mega Fleet X is none of those reasons and a fair portion of small fleets are there for similar reasons. Politics, friends, family.

I was in Mega Fleet X, 500 members. I donated some across my alts but my main place in the fleet was to help build the fleet through training new captains, ship builds and captain specs. This could not be measured with the 'Leaderboard' in fleet donation so I was demoted when the fleet leader went on a demotion parade (tirade?).

I was there BEFORE the leader joined the fleet (we started fleet because of 'political' issues from previous fleet) and we gave him fleet control believing he will lead us as before. That was a wrong assumption.

I will NEVER be part of a fleet that isn't comprised of people like minded. I do NOT want to be in Mega Fleet X. I do NOT want to give up my identity (nor expect someone else to) and join/merge with their fleet. I will NOT give up my identity to be a faceless number in someones else's vision for a fleet. Fleet mergers are NOT the answer, forced or otherwise.

Again the fleet mark/star base issues aren't the prominent concern in this thread. Yes this thread may have started with that topic, but having read every post, the main concern is the forced grind and lack of fresh content. For a game that is three years old it still has a pitiful amount of content.

Changes brought about with S7 have changed working content to forced grind. Borg space weapons were NOT removed because they failed to work. On the contrary I have seen them work perfectly. They were removed because they didn't work in minor instances (Assimilated KDF Ships and Borg gates) and they were too easy to acquire. I personally would rather have a weapon that works 90% of the time than no weapon at all.

Anyway...Power to the people! Keep up The Good Fight!

(Guess I should figure out how to do a sig. I have never been so passionate about an idea to post on any forum so personal sigs have never been a concern.)
    edited February 2013
    I totally agree to this;

I don't want either merge my small but friendly made fleet into some unpersonal swarm.
    A Disenchanted player
  • omnimagusomnimagus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Keep the faith Comrades!

I didn't play one second of Star Trek online this weekend either. I downloaded Lord of the Rings online instead, on a lark, and love it so far. Old Republic is still going to take another 2 days (at least) to download, really wish Bioware would put it on steam.

And wow, I'm having fun playing a game again! Really almost all my complaints about STO don't exist there, things run smoothly, there's no grind, there's a story, and a soul, things aren't half broken, and unfinished. It really hits home how much better a game then this Roddenberry's legacy deserves.

But you know what? I'd still rather being playing Star Trek Online.

When I logged out a few days ago, my hope was that a week at most would go by, and they would correct this grievous mistake they have made, and I'd come back to STO like nothing ever happened, and go back to grinding merrily away until May.

Now though, I don't know. I'm really having fun with LOTR, so even if things get fixed here, I'm going to be splitting my time between them. And if I enjoy the Old Republic even more so. Right now, even if things were fixed, I think I'd be playing more of LOTR... but that could just be because it's new and fresh.

In the unlikely event Dan Stahl is paying any attention to me or anyone else in this thread, I hope he looks at my case as an example. Not because of my own ego, or narcissism, or delusions of importance. But because 7 days ago he had me as a totally devoted and dedicated customer. All my time and money for video gaming went to his game, and nothing, nothing at all went to anything else.

Now at best, he's going to get half my time, very likely only a third of it. Maybe none of it. Maybe they'll address the problems here and I'll still be happier just playing something else.

And thing is, that loss of my support was totally unnecessary. I would have stayed on, playing like I was, without interruption, never bothering to check out his competitors, if he hadn't done this. It was senseless.

If it could happen to me, then it could happen to other customers too. That's what I hope he pays attention to, not for my sake, but for the sake of this game. They've crossed a line, I'm not ever going to be that loyal again. I don't matter much though, I'm just a number, right? But when enough of us are pushed over that line too, well then you start seeing different numbers. I hope lessons are learned here, because otherwise this is all going to happen again somewhere down the line. And again. and again. Just like it's happened before. Each time losing customers, generating ill will towards the studio and bad word of mouth about the game itself.

But hey, what do I know? I don't have any metrics.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to point out here that Bashir proceeded to nuked the world (well technically he death-rayed the world, but that's neither here nor there) in order to save his fleet-mates in that episode. He didn't walk away or quit (the line is a play on a conversation he had earlier with Garrack), he took a tack that nobody expected, and ended up winning.
    If you stop the quote where I did, you will get the gist of what I am saying. Please do not be that evil. We already have enough sensationalism from politics and mainstream media.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hussere wrote: »
    Take no offense but I think you are missing the whole thread line here.

so basicaly what you are suggesting is to multiply the amount of items grinding by a X factor, depending on how many X fleets you join and contribute to? xD

How to say ... Thanks but no thanks
    It totally goes against the whole thread wich is :

Too much grind; not enough FUN

Beeing able to join more fleets will result in even more grind and won't solve anything :D

You missed the whole point of my post.

I am creating an ideal situation for people to remain in the fleets they are in, due to familial/language/country/friends/RP/etc reasons, and still be able to get rewards without having DStahl's option A used, or the current option B (severe toll on fleet members to progress).

This situation would allow people to reap the benefits of a large fleet without having the drawbacks of not enough members, while still retaining their existing small fleet.

Note that it is not merging fleets. Merging involves mixing the fleet rosters together and taking the best starbase. That is not what I propose.

Since most small fleets would not be content with simply having members and no donations to fleet projects, I inserted the ability to donate only. This way, it reduces the amount of provisions used up by fleet members, allowing fleet projects for the smaller fleet to progress without having to re-provision.

Sure, it doesn't really benefit the player. But fleets are NOT about the player. Fleets are about being a part of something bigger, and supporting them.

And yeah, it's not the best idea I've come up with. You are more than welcome to improve upon the three-fleet concept and build on it. :)
    ...the main concern is the forced grind and lack of fresh content. For a game that is three years old it still has a pitiful amount of content.

Changes brought about with S7 have changed working content to forced grind. Borg space weapons were NOT removed because they failed to work. On the contrary I have seen them work perfectly. They were removed because they didn't work in minor instances (Assimilated KDF Ships and Borg gates) and they were too easy to acquire. I personally would rather have a weapon that works 90% of the time than no weapon at all.

I agree completely with this. Season 7 is essentially the "grinding season". All we do is grind - now for the fleet starbases, embassies, personal equipment, omega rep, Romulan rep, dil exchange, etc. It is, frankly, ridiculous.

The three-fleet system doesn't exactly help in that regards, but it does help with allowing personal progression without being stuck in a small fleet - essentially, indirectly reducing the amount of grind to get the fleet base to the desired level.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
    edited February 2013
    omnimagus wrote: »
    But hey, what do I know? I don't have any metrics.

Thank you omni. We are people not metrics and should never have been considered as such. As many have stated prior, metrics will never tell how people feel about a game and it's contents.

Anyway...Power to the People! Keep up The Good Fight!
    edited February 2013
    *snip*

Hm, I see your point, however there is one problem with that idea. Why would large fleets allow non-contributing members to reap the benefits of their work? What you are suggesting basicly exist in game right now actually, you can buy fleet ships and fleet gear already. Leave your fleet, join the other one, pay the agreed amount of cash/fleetmarks/whatever, get your gear and leave to rejoin your fleet. The gear is not the issue, the way the current game mechanics attempt to force us to join large fleets and play the game their way, that is the problem.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that there is too much grind as it is though, and that the last thing we need is more grind. We want the fun back in this game!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,727 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Too many people to quote, but I agree with the sentiment of NOT merging smaller Fleets.

The smaller Fleets are small because they choose to be. I am one of those 1-man Fleets that Mr. Stahl has mentioned. I'm a 1-man Fleet because I choose to be, and I acknowledge the fact that it will be harder for me to level up my Starbase than if I recruited 500 members. But that's ok. I knew that going in. And I'm not asking for any reduction in costs for Fleet projects. MY Starbase is my long term "project" in STO. And I don't want to lose what I've personally built and invested in through some merger.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    meurik wrote: »
    I don't fault them for removing Fleet Marks from non-Fleet activities.

I DO fault them for removing Fleet Marks, and not replacing them with an equivalent elsewhere. At the least, all existing "Fleet Events" and "Fleet Actions" should've been given a substantial amount of Fleet Marks as rewards. For that matter, ALL group content (including PVP and STFs) should be given an optional Fleet Mark reward as well.

These Fleet Marks should've been added to the game at the same time as removing them from the Foundry wrapper. It is UNACCEPTABLE to delay adding additional Fleet Marks elsewhere for several days or even weeks. And Mr Stahl suggests we may have to wait several MONTHS ??? That is sooo beyond unacceptable, it just isn't funny anymore.

Season 7 has done alot of rebalancing of where you get various rewards. And not always for the better either. The changes have been made with ZERO community input, before making the changes. And look at all the negative backlash that has been created as a result? First it was the Season 7 Dilithium fiasco, now this... What's next? A response, Mr Stahl?
    This post hits the nail on the head, you would had thought they learned from the dilithium fiasco not to do something like this, it could had simply been averted by say something like we are takeing thefleet marks from the foundry but we are uping the reward in the fleet missions by 25% or how ever much, that way you are takeing them from something you say isnt a fleet thingy and putting it in something that is, see how simple that would had been easy peasy, oh well I hope they will learn from this time,
This discussion has been closed.