test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• husserehussere Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Actually that was me - but you got the idea wrong - almost 12hrs ago I posted that "posting velocity and viewing velocity" was decreasing - and over the last 12 hours has decreased to a crawl compared to the first 12 hrs.

This could mean many things. But one of the things it shows could be that this thread is rapidly burning itself out. This was something I said earlier that could be part of their plan - to let the fire burn itself out enough and then add some token thing back.

Well, I can see that your post nevertheless is feeding the 'burning itself out' machine xD
    Just saying.

Now if 1500 + posts and over 60k views in 2 days means a dead thread for you then you might as well find North korea is a lovely place to be.

Beside the trolling :

- We want FUN
    - We want grind OFF

- Many good ideas has been suggested along this thread;

One of the best was the ability to choose what kind of reward you want from a mission AKA : Fleet mode ON/OFF > Fleet rewards/non Fleet rewards

The other best idea was the locked steps scaling for fleet base
    > a 500 fleet members would kick everyone but still would end in a 500 fleet members requirement. preventing them then to kick everyone...
    A Disenchanted player
  • corbormitecorbormite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thebumble wrote: »
    Yea, about them bugs.

Season 7 launched with the Tau Dewa sector broken, and it still hasn't been fixed. And this was the sector their entire new and improved rep system was built around! Still can't find a Red Alert to this day. Oh wait, you can find one from 20 minutes ago with no problem. Its the one you fly into, then out of 2 seconds later. The various mission on or about New Romulus are glitchy at best, sometimes you get paid, and sometimes you don't. About the only thing that's working right is the Epohh farming. Thank god we had the winter festival to help get the bugs out of that one.:rolleyes:

There are bugs on KDF ships that have been around on the KDF side since BETA! When was the last time you played a day on the KDF side, tried to beam down to Quo'nos and ended up on the shipyard. A few times in a row. Lets not rehash the cloaking problems...

Then of course there's the Valentines Day Massacre patch. But then, we know about those bugs already. The ones players had to find the work arounds for. Those players should get paid by Cryptic for helping out. They just keep piling on new content, and breaking more of the old content, without fixing any of it.

That's just a tiny, tiny portion. I bet we could fill up another 10 pages with bugs that haven't been fixed. Theres one sure thing you can know about bugs and Cryptic:

If its to the players advantage, its hotfixed, nerfed or removed. If its to Cryptics benefit, its ignored, not fixed or working as intended...

I noticed the romulan daily alert bug but haven't given it a sceond thought from when I tried it to now, there's been so much else to do it hardly matters, to me anyway. Haven't noticed anything else with new romulus. I did alot there to get to T5 so I've had a different experience to you.

But I think you're expecting too much really. All software has bugs, that's just the way it is. Most of them get fixed.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes and you should have killed that officer - there should be no communication while cloaked - just like running silent in a sub hiding below a destroyer.

LOL :D I take it your joking. ;)
    Wouldn't want to consider this being in anyway serious. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    LOL :D I take it your joking. ;)
    Wouldn't want to consider this being in anyway serious. ;)

Yes - I have experienced the "working as intended" de-cloak at the worst possible time - on several occasions.

Just as i have spend hundreds of times playing the first city re-direct game with the shipyard transporter officer - why can't we kill that guy?

Any Foundry makers out there - it would be great if you could make a mission where it made fun of these things - and you could kill off a bridge officer for causing a de-cloak or kill the tranporter operator at the shipyard for beaming you there instead of first city.

Call it "Working as Intended"
  • jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    After a few days of contemplating I realized something. Stahl said that Foundry was now the best source of dilithium in the game. As the game stands right now, I disagree. STF's are still the best sources becasue you get between 1.5-3k every run if you turn your omega marks into dilithium. Dilithium is going to be coming out of STFs. The only question is how much are they taking out, and how many FM are they putting in. If they take out the plain ore you are given and replace it with FM, I'd say its a fair trade, but I don't know if I'd feel that way had they done it when they changed IOR. Honestly I probably wouldn't have liked the changed, but I would not have been nearly as angry as I am/was. I think we as a whole wouldn't have liked it, but would have accepted it. Now as for putting FM into STF's how many? Should FM award as much as Omega marks or less? Personally, for Elite STFs anything less than the 50 taken out of IOR is to me unacceptable. Personally I'd like to see 60-75 FM an Elite run. But we'll see. I still think what made this the worst is the lack of communication that it was coming, and then not replacing what was taken. 1600 posts of anger, resentment, and I quit could have been avoided if we had been given the courtesy of an "incoming changes to dilithium/FM economy". If that courtesy is given, most of this is avoided, rather than hiding the ninja change in tribble notes the day before it goes live.
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    corbormite wrote: »
    Unfortunately there's always going to be bugs in software.
    I'm well aware of that, I expect that, I also expect a company to do things to recify them, Cryptic, has a habit of releasing bugs to the live game, even with Numerous detailed descriptions of whats, wrong, how its wrong etc. those reports. go, ignored.
    I'm sure the sto devs are the same because most programmers take pride in their creations.
    I am only able to judge, what I see, and experience in STO. I see, and experience bugs, long standing bugs, QA that is non existent. Judging off this, I do not feel they do, I feel they just don't care
    Sometimes bugs are too costly to fix, or too difficult. Or perhaps the bug is in an 3rd party game engine/component. Who knows, but I think they'd be fixed if there was an opportunity to. I think they do a good job tbh.
    If its too "costly" to fix, say so, remove the item compensate the players, move on. Bug, done. The game engine is their own, not only that, it is THEY who insist that its the same across the games they have. You are of course entitled to think whatever you so desire. My experience, leads me to think, and feel otherwise.

Its a fact, they have had SERIOUS QA issues, for such a long time that, its an expected thing with them.
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Well, um... you haven't been paying much attention, have you?

Stahl did say he has plans to add ways to get Marks... in a few months.

The problem isn't necessarily that marks were removed from the Foundry daily. While that certainly sucks, the issue is he didn't have a replacement ready to roll out in the near future after that removal, essentially leaving us high and dry until May-ish.

Actually I've been paying alot of attention, sense I've been posting since about page one or so. Saying they have plans to replace the marks...yeah, they also had plans to complete the KDF.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • bizzarquestionbizzarquestion Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jam062307 wrote: »
    ...Dilithium is going to be coming out of STFs. The only question is how much are they taking out, and how many FM are they putting in...

Sorry but if they pull dilithium from STF again or even just reduced the amount you will see another thread exactly like this one.
  • kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sorry but if they pull dilithium from STF again or even just reduced the amount you will see another thread exactly like this one.

Nah, not like this one, that, to me, would be about 10X worse. At this point their best bet, is to reduce demand on Fleet marks and Dil. But well that just may cost them money so that won't happen.

Prove me wrong Dan. I'll buy you lunch.
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
    edited February 2013
    jam062307 wrote: »
    Dilithium is going to be coming out of STFs.

There is no way in heck that anyone could be that inept as to repeat that mistake again.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There is no way in heck that anyone could be that inept as to repeat that mistake again.

I'm sure if it does happen, it'll be accompanied by another list of metrics from Stahl as to how nobody is hitting the dilithium cap, so they're going to remove some dilithium from events.
  • adendisadendis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hussere wrote: »
    The other best idea was the locked steps scaling for fleet base
    > a 500 fleet members would kick everyone but still would end in a 500 fleet members requirement. preventing them then to kick everyone...

I'm sorry but there is a rather big issue with this, in that it would penalize any fleet that has any number of inactive members. Such as the fleet I am in, being a multi-game guild we won't ever kick them (who knows when they might want to come back and play). The reality is however while we have over a hundred members in our fleet less than 10-15 have actually logged in within the past few months.

(Coincidentally we see a large drop off when changes like the one that sparked this discussion occur).

I'm sure there are plenty of fleets in our position who have members who have dropped off/taken a break, and maybe drop back in every now and again. Why should we be forced to generate the same amount of resources as a full fleet of 100+ members?

Sadly I can't offer an alternative suggestion at this time, but just wanted to point out a simple flaw with this suggestion that has popped up numerous times in the thread.

Hopefully something can be achieved that satisfies everyone, but I'm afraid hope is in short supply at least with me. Knowing as I do Perfect World's track record on their other MMO's. The future looks bleak.
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost
    edited February 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost

Word of warning, the last few threads like this got closed and people got warnings. I think it is taboo to call for people to get fired.
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Word of warning, the last few threads like this got closed and people got warnings. I think it is taboo to call for people to get fired.

Regardless of wheter it is allowed or not, opening a dialog with him would be far more productive. I see a lot of the people here reaching out, I hope that Stahl will see this as an opportunity to get back in touch with the community again.
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    Regardless of wheter it is allowed or not, opening a dialog with him would be far more productive. I see a lot of the people here reaching out, I hope that Stahl will see this as an opportunity to get back in touch with the community again.

I'm all for opening a dialog. It's just that calling for people to get fired gets a thread closed, and then you're right back at square one.
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »

People do not respond well to threats, much less the threat of getting fired. There are better ways to go about bringing up such a topic. Besides, if he wanted to open up a real dialog, he would have done more than give us a wall of text that basically says "too bad, so sad."
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    olivia211 wrote: »
    People do not respond well to threats, much less the threat of getting fired. There are better ways to go about bringing up such a topic. Besides, if he wanted to open up a real dialog, he would have done more than give us a wall of text that basically says "too bad, so sad."

Yup. We need to talk or at least be listened to. What if we elected a rep or a council of reps on our side?
    Another alternative is to form up as a mob outside Cryptic HQ and/or PWE HQ.

By the way Olivia, the "my video antics" in your sig raises a smirk. Lol :)

Edited to fix some "spellong" errors.
    I need a beer.

• snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    this is getting the kind of backlash that the dilithium and drop removal of the stfs did back when season 7 started and they never learned from that. i havent read much of this thread but much of the options i did see can work if cryptic is open to try them out and we try them out and cryptic keeps a list of all the options mentioned in this thread
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yup, the thread is slowing down a little.

The deafening silence from dStahl means there is very little point in rehashing whats already been said.

A lot of us are giving the benefit of the doubt to Cryptic over the long US holiday weekend.

However, by tuesday, expect the rate to pick up again.

Another day of silence on the matter from the devs on tuesday will not be acceptable.
    edited February 2013
    snakeswar2 wrote: »
    this is getting the kind of backlash that the dilithium and drop removal of the stfs did back when season 7 started and they never learned from that. i havent read much of this thread but much of the options i did see can work if cryptic is open to try them out and we try them out and cryptic keeps a list of all the options mentioned in this thread

Oh, this is rather bigger my friend.
    I need a beer.

• knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So we're 160 pages in and yet still no response? I would have figured Brandon or Dan would have jumped in by now to say something.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited February 2013

i work at a public school you would be surprised just how inept people can be lol
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
    edited February 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    So we're 160 pages in and yet still no response? I would have figured Brandon or Dan would have jumped in by now to say something.

There has been a response, but it contained so little in the way of meaningful words that it can be safely discounted for now.
    gpgtx wrote: »
    i work at a public school you would be surprised just how inept people can be lol

I was a soldier once and yes, I believe that people really can be that inept.
    I need a beer.

edited February 2013

To paraphrase one of my favorite one episode wonder villains: "Always bet on stupidity".
    edited February 2013
    To paraphrase one of my favorite one episode wonder villains: "Always bet on stupidity".

Or alternatively, "never underestimate the odds of a foolish move".
    I need a beer.

edited February 2013
    There has been a response, but it contained so little in the way of meaningful words that it can be safely discounted for now.

Bran's done effectively all he can in this thread without input from his higher ups. I don't, and nor should anyone else, fault him for not making promises, statements or any kind of "wink wink, nudge nudge" actions that he can't back up.
    edited February 2013
    I was a soldier once and yes, I believe that people really can be that inept.

I am a soldier, and I know exactly what you are talking about.

Or alternatively, "never underestimate the odds of a foolish move".

You are both correct. I forgot one of Einstein's pieces of wisdom:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    edited February 2013
    Bran's done effectively all he can in this thread without input from his higher ups. I don't, and nor should anyone else, fault him for not making promises, statements or any kind of "wink wink, nudge nudge" actions that he can't back up.

Surely with this sort of momentum behind this thread (and the others before it) an urgent response from the higher ups is warranted?

We are the customers after all.

EDIT

200th post yay.
    I need a beer.

• weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh, this is rather bigger my friend.

Yes indeed! This is the 9th most commented thread in the news section since 2010 - the 8 archived threads above it deal with the closed beta prior to the launch of STO in February of that year.

This is bigger than the Dilithium nerfs of Season 7 and bigger still than the announcement of STO going F2P.

But as myself and many others have stated - the outrage felt over this is a symptom of a greater issue - the lack of transparency between the Devs and the player-base over far-reaching and arbitrary decisions that are being made by Cryptic without any consideration of the impact on their customers.

This has to change otherwise these threads will only grow more frequent and even more bitter.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
This discussion has been closed.