Install Arc

Re: Foundry/ Fleet Mark Reward Changes

Comments

• solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I like poking the bears.

Thanks for proving my point:)
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    solomace wrote: »
    Thanks for proving my point:)

Glad i can help
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited February 2013
    Glad i can help

Do you get fleet marks or Dil for every post you do? You obviously don't play the game due to the amount of posts you make;)
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Are you a Dev in disguise? Maybe the Nagus?

Are you kidding ?
    How can you compare the Nagus to this 90's Chandler Bing wannabe ?
    I like trolling the bears.

Fixed that for ya , and good luck with that ! :)
    edited February 2013
    Do you get fleet marks or Dil for every post you do? You obviously don't play the game due to the amount of posts you make;)

If you say so.
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited February 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Are you kidding ?
    How can you compare the Nagus to this 90's Chandler Bing wannabe ?

Fixed that for ya , and good luck with that ! :)

Okay, maybe not.

However Nagus was known for popping into a lot of threads doing exactly what "chandler" does, where he said a lot without saying anything.

That said, he did create more useful and informative threads than I ever did.
    edited February 2013
    If you say so.

Nice snappy comeback...:)
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How do they measure playing time? What if the mission involves 2 clicks and I go AFK for 30 minutes between them?
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • meatballsauceymeatballsaucey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's clear that Cryptic (like every other company) is driven by metrics. They use this to watch what is happening in their game instead of actually playing it.

They obviously have seen that the fleet missions were not being used to farm fleet marks. Instead the fleet marks were coming from foundry missions.

EC drops weren't touched.
    Dilithium was changed but not removed. (God forbid they make that mistake again.)

So the only logical reason for the removal of fleet marks from the foundry mission was to make the fleet missions relevant again.

And as with most companies who actions are driven by metrics; knee jerk reactions are very common.

Instead of asking "Why do people prefer to run Foundry for fleet marks instead of the fleet content?" and fixing the current content to make it more attractive. Cryptic chose to make the ignored content the only choice available.

I am in a medium fleet of about 80 active people. We used to play fleet events and do the content when it was new. But now it is nothing but a stale grind with little to no challenge. I am at the top of the contribution board in my fleet with over 2.5 million. That being said without a fresh way of earning fleet marks I just wont waste my time on starbase grinding.

I will continue to play foundry missions that are short and drop decent amount of loot and return decent Dilithium ore.

I use the WIFM methodology for determining what content I play.
    Cryptic created featured episodes can be a little long winded and over the top. However they offer a decent reward for my time. But even that content is not something I would play if they changed the rewards to scaling Dilithium and random drops.

So to the authors of the long stories that rival Cryptic stories you are just out of luck when it comes to getting my time.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    atomictiki wrote: »
    That is nothow nerfing works.

Thisis the punishment that many ofthe elitists wanted. Ihope they are happy withthe results.

EVERY post in this thread from the folks who were asking that the grinds be nerfed has been in support of PWE increasing fleet mark rewards in fleet events, to make up for this loss. ALL OF THEM.
    I'd be more inclined to belive it is a "earning too fast" issue if not for all the Foundry authors constantly QQ about no one playing their missions. The first foundry nerf was exactly what the authors wanted, as they were the only ones complaining. Besides, it can't be earnings issue; you can count on one hand how many T5 starbases there are, and last tier fleet ships there are. I see few using all elite fleet ground sets (or all elite space sets for that matter).

It's no coincidence that the "Foundry Few" just happen to get what they want.

We must all adhere to how they want us to play.

EVERY post in this thread from the folks who were asking that the grinds be nerfed has been in support of PWE increasing fleet mark rewards in fleet events, to make up for this loss. ALL OF THEM.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »

How are the grind foundry missions any worse than the Cryptic grind missions in the PvE queue or any daily they have created themselves?

Please, enlighten me. Aside from having craptastic awards they are the same, point ship at enemy ship mash spacebar and get the loots. I find Battleship Royal Rumble to have more challenge than the majority of even elite STFs at times which is not saying much.
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In this case, I hope they double the rewards from fleet missions to compensate.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited February 2013

So are the FM rewards getting upped for fleet events? Because I see nothing in the patch notes about that. If you're going to yank FM rewards from the foundry please make grinding fleet events more worthwhile.
  • gibbsptgibbspt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nice job... criptic... now because im from europe and all my fleet mates are from USA, i rarely play with them...because i cant stay here all day... and at the times that now i can play theyre all at sleep, and whem we play toghether we take that little time for pvp praticing, now i have to play with low lvl noobs and have like 15 fleet credits for a blockade in the public queues... really nice job... thanks for ruining this game everyday...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Federation :: Fleetless :: Klingon
    Jorge Silva - Tac | Nayja - Sci | Jorge E. Silva - Eng
    Jorge R. Silva - Tac (Romulan Fed)
    Nayja K Silva - Sci | Vurg'jah - Tac
  • rocknrobot1rocknrobot1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Honestly, this sucks.

The existing space-fleetmarks missions are just boring and not rewarding enough. You do them like 2, 3 times and then want something different but they are all just the same - so you only do them rarely when your new fleet project requires a lot of fleetmarks, but these missions are just not rewarding enough.

Why do you remove the fleetmarks once again now?

You should be happy as developers that there is something that players had fun with, in my case i just started trying out the foundry, picking missions that reward me 50 fleetmarks when i play them... i would have loved to try other missions that give me a good reward.

You gave the people these fleetbases and all these projects, so you also should take care that there are enough DIFFERENT, REWARDING missions available that give them fleetmarks.

Look at the tholian ground missions: Almost no one is playing them anymore now. I'd love to play them from time to time, but the rewards are so small so why should i bother at all? Then i rather play some STFs and get some omega marks. No fleet marks anymore for my fleet then.

Don't be so restrictive, let your players decide what they want to play. It is their spare time, and when they decide to spend their time grinding particular missions because they look rewarding for them in any particular way, let them do it, for god's sake.

You should be happy when there is some life in the house.

My 2 cents.
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow 24 pages...

I doubt there would be so much kick back if absolutely everything in the game didn't require grinding to get, get a finger out cryptic and give us varied content.

Give us Elite Romulan Missions, Elite Tholian Missions, Elite Fleet Missions... get the picture yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    variant37 wrote: »
    So are the FM rewards getting upped for fleet events? Because I see nothing in the patch notes about that.

No, they aren't; which is something every Foundry author who's posted in this thread so far thinks they should do; including me.

Cryptic needs to increase fleet mark rewards for fleet events. They also need to make more fleet events, and make the existing fleet events more fun.

I also (and I bet not a single frequent contributor to the Foundry forums will disagree with me on this) think that doing Foundry missions as a GROUP should award fleet marks, if the group members are in the same fleet.

Foundry authors didn't ask for this change; don't blame it on us. Even the ones that agree with it think it should have been in conjunction with increased fleet mark rewards somewhere else. In fact, in the StarbaseUGC community, this topic dominated conversation the INSTANT we found out about it, and nobody thought that it should go live without some compensating increase in fleet marks elsewhere.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How about this: you get fleet marks by doing Foundry missions in teams.
    Another thought for the longterm:

Add a Foundry option to create multiplayer Foundry missions. These might have extra requirements/limitations on the Foundry author such as enhanced enemies and minimum combat quotas. Maybe dialogue tree length limitations.

As these get spotlighted, make them queueable and award Fleet Marks.

Actually, there is a "simple" fix that would probably make a lot of people happy.

Simple does not necessarily mean "easy to implement" but solves a lot of issues with one change.

And that is, the ability to designate certain Foundry content as "Team Only". In other words, a way for the author to flag a Foundry mission designed to be played by a team so that you can't start the mission unless you are teamed up with at least one or two other players.

The "Team Only" missions would still have to meet the minimum requirements for Foundry rewards, but would offer the additional benefit of a scaled reward of Fleet Marks that scales according to time played, and the number of players in the team.

They could include Levi's suggestions of combat quotas and dialogue tree limitations as a way to further qualify as a rewardable "Team Only" mission, since purely non-combat dialogue-heavy missions make less sense in team play anyhow. Authors would still be free to design team-based content any way they like, but would need to stick to the rules in order to qualify. This part would be a lot less simple to implement and could make it more difficult to design a mission, so I'm not necessarily in love with the idea.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited February 2013
    The faster players get Fleet marks, the faster they can get to the next project, the faster they can spend Dil.

Oh and i love friends. :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow 24 pages...

I doubt there would be so much kick back if absolutely everything in the game didn't require grinding to get, get a finger out cryptic and give us varied content.

Not in a pwe game. Sorry. Their is metrics to back it up.

Seriously there has to be a way to do this that doesn't reduce the average number of fc's per effort per day
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The faster players get Fleet marks, the faster they can get to the next project, the faster they can spend Dil.

Oh and i love friends. :D

Ironically enough I was outfitting a new toon to have someone else to play foundry missions with. Atleast I don't have to buy him any gear now lol.

And yes why a company that gets such profit from ship sales would put a grind barrier between me giving them my money just astounds me.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In fact, in the StarbaseUGC community, this topic dominated conversation the INSTANT we found out about it, and nobody thought that it should go live without some compensating increase in fleet marks elsewhere.

I'm guessing that the guys from the quotes below protested fiercely .... . :rolleyes:
    Originally Posted by kirksplat
    Awesome changes. I am happy that FMs were removed. Fleets should do fleet things for fleet things.

Originally Posted by cerberusfilms
    Seems like robust and fair system all around It's exactly what we've been promised

Looooooong golf clap ... .
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Foundry authors didn't ask for this change; don't blame it on us.

Perhaps you all didn't intentionally intend for things to work out this way (or maybe you did, based on comments from some of the foundry authors), but you have to look at it from the perspective of the general playerbase.

A thread gets posted in the foundry subforum complaining about foundry FM grinders. Branflakes comments and says he's going to take it to Stahl, and a few days later we have what looks like a kneejerk reaction and FMs are yanked from foundry missions with no additional changes to fleet events to help make up for that loss.

The end result is we now have a situation where it looks like Cryptic is catering to the whims of a small but vocal group of players at the expense of every single fleet. Obviously the smaller fleets will be hit the hardest but all of them are impacted. This is very unfortunate for everyone to say the least.
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Soory, but iread the posts, i read the ugly ugly posts by those people that should have been banned from the forum for being so tighly negative (yes thefavoritism was that obvious). All thoseclosed threads before the one megapost wasmade. The elitists wanted a nerf, and now here itis. Trying to rewrite history ordo damage control isn't going to change the words they said here or elsewhere.

as a player, when I see madness likethis being catered to
    You have stolen from us. 99% of this game is nothing but grinding but that wasn't good enough for you so you decided to come and take from us the only part of the game we had and one we have put a huge amount of work into. You did this out of greed and spite--nothing more.

therearejust no words
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    bareel wrote: »
    Ironically enough I was outfitting a new toon to have someone else to play foundry missions with. Atleast I don't have to buy him any gear now lol.

And yes why a company that gets such profit from ship sales would put a grind barrier between me giving them my money just astounds me.

No one has EVER accused Cryptic or PWE of being smart.

They'll give us tons of Omega and Dilithium, but throttle us on Romulan Marks and Fleet Marks, which are the two most important things for your Mk XII gear once you've unlocked Tier V Rep, and getting your fleet ship at the shipyard.

'What is The Matrix? Control.'

Marks are Cryptics Matrix...

While I like my fleetmates, I will not be FORCED to do fleet events everyday adding another grind to an already long boring day of it. Their going to start hemorrhaging customers soon. The only reason they've been going so long is because this is the only Star Trek MMO in town. Eventually people will get tired of it.
  • mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just the latest result of the weekly staff meeting that comes up with kneejerk reactions to TRIBBLE off the customer base. Some of these hamfisted decisions are flabbergasting in their ineptitude. Thanks for helping me keep more money in my wallet, Cryptic, I spent too much money on this game anyway.

Note: the first two sentences in this post are sarcasm. The last most definitely is not.
    edited February 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that the guys from the quotes below protested fiercely .... . :rolleyes:

Looooooong golf clap ... .

Yet you leave out Kirksplat's post saying that he supports amosov78's idead of "a system where Fleet Marks would be award if members of the same fleet are teamed up together and playing any of the content in the game." [sic]

Of course you do, because if you didn't, it would undermine your attempts to revise history to make it seem like Foundry authors want fleet progression nerfed. Bad old Foundry authors, wanting fleet progression to be based on doing things together as a fleet. Clearly an insane notion. :rolleyes:
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The main reason I was doing foundry mission was for the fleet marks. I thought it was the best change Cryptic made in a long time. I was getting so sick of the PVE ques and spending 30 minutes in a run that is marked to take only 10 minutes for only 14 fleet marks. I did still occasionally run PVE missions, but I liked the fact that I could self direct in a foundry mission and get a nice reward for my effort.

I already mentioned to someone at PWE that I didn't really care about the dilithium. I cared more about the marks. Now with that option gone I see no reason to use the foundry. I also see no reason to now give us additional expertise with the completion of a foundry mission. I have almost 5m expertise. What am I going to do with more of it? If I could use expertise to complete fleet projects (in place of the fleet marks) I probably wouldn't mind.

Part of the enticement of using the foundry was that I would get something useful to me (fleet marks) out of it while giving the authors of the missions some feedback. I see no reason to do this anymore. To show that I was happy with the game, I went ahead and subscribed about a week ago. Now I'm having buyers remorse.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Foundry authors didn't ask for this change; don't blame it on us.

It is what you guys asked for. You guys wanted the clickies gone because no one were playing your missions. Granted, there was an influx of dilithium because of the clickies so it can be argued that the market was stabilized because of it.

Next up, authors wanting FM removed because again, people were only playing short mission to get the rewards. At least with the main story missions, playing for an hour could net you alot of loot and a lot of skill points/expertise. Playing a Foundry missions gets me some scalling dilithium (than again, thanks to the idiotic decision keeping Dominion lockbox Dilihium claims bound to character, I'm set on Dilithium for the next six months) and not much else.

The minority wanting people to play their way. Apparently, overly wordy and overly long Foundry missions are the only thing that counts as "legitimate gameplay."

I created a toon strictly to advance her by Foundry, contributing FM to the fleet to advance projects. Not sure what I'm going to do with her, as the Fleet Actions (and the ESTF for that matter) have gotten stale.
    The next click on my desktop will not be STO but, SWTOR. :P

Never thought I'd actually be considering going back to SWTOR, as bad a that game is.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In all honesty, I think Cryptic made a major knee-jerk reaction. They turned the Foundry Daily into a repeatable mission, that became too good, and so instead of reverting it, they took it out altogether.

Which reminds me of other similar parallels that Cryptic made, like the recent Tricobalt Mine Nerf. It originally was just a single mine, then changed it to be functional with Mine Patterns, that became too good, and nerfed the effect instead of revering it to it's less overpowered change. :rolleyes:

So to me, all they had to do was just make it a daily once again, that solves the Farming issue. Meanwhile, the EC Farming was untouched. :P
    Nah... the Foundry wrapper was doomed to die from before it was born. A scaled reward system was planned from the start but not implemented until now. Took them over a year.... but they did it.

And they smacked the ec grinders with the nerfbat pretty hard too. "timid" is only timid until you shoot at them now. I used to be that people could blow up dozens of Borg Cubes without ever being shot at once.... now they have to at least try to fight for their loot.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.