test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ground PVP Concerns Directory 1.0

Comments

• futurecaptainfuturecaptain Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mrkollins wrote: »
    This week is amazing and someone will say that's impossibru!!!11!, but we have 3 great fixes this week coming to Tribble

Yay!

Yeah I love these fixes these so called great players that tend to disappear and reappear every few months are gonna vanish once again. Nerfing cryo pulsewave in some ways nerfs the operative kit user as well. God I love it!
  • guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As of today's patch:

Omega shield is still broken (had been hoping for a ninja patch)

TI cooldown on Ophidian Cane is confirmed working as intended.

Lunge/pounce category cooldown is confirmed working as intended.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Post updated with all the fixes!
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited March 2013
    Mechanic: Chain-knockback
    Issue: knockback effects can be chained back to back essentially indefinitely, resulting in a fight where one person is unable to take any actions from the first hit until he is dead. There is supposed to be a resistance to knockback that procs when you get knocked, but it doesn't work.

Suggested fix: Have knockback proc a 20 second immunity to knockback, the same way that stun procs a 20 second immunity to stun.
  • radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh, no wonder that guy with the sword kept me on the ground for like 20 seconds straight while he slowly wittled me away...

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited March 2013
    Saw him too yesterday. Even if he didn't accomplished to get me killed that way, i know what you are talking about. But a 20 seconds immunity is far too much! It would be sufficient to have a immunity for just a few seconds to get out of range a bit, or use Hypos.
    I already have been able to use Hypos in the acutal situation and get out there alive.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • ultraopsultraops Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Resistance to knock-back/down appears to be bugged at present. Before testing, I thought it might be the character I was playing (Omega armor + no willpower). Or maybe a melee knockdown doff, or a goofy KD tribble. After-all cryptic has a track record of adding content with little concern how it effects pvp.

So I switched to my engineer to test in a private match:

9 bars of willpower, full mk12 MACO + sure footed trait. Until recently, he could remain standing through almost anything: melee assaults, pulsewave blasts - seriously almost anything. He's gone from being knocked down 10% of the time to 100%. Chain knockdown wouldn't be a problem if resistance was triggering. Its almost like the defensive check was removed to limit lag during the anniversary event.

Edit: Adding some form of cc immunities will just reward players who neglect their current defensive options. What's available just needs to be examined and fixed, cause I'm pretty sure its broken
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think the pushback resistance is broken currently.. you can even see how it stacks up on you while someone melee's you.. its just not doing anything it seems. My guess is that it either got bugged 3? 4? patches ago or they stealth nerfed the resistance to make meleeing more viable.

Theres a couple bug reports on the forum already tho, someone even posted a video about playing ping pong with borg drones.
  • futurecaptainfuturecaptain Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zeratk wrote: »
    Saw him too yesterday. Even if he didn't accomplished to get me killed that way, i know what you are talking about. But a 20 seconds immunity is far too much! It would be sufficient to have a immunity for just a few seconds to get out of range a bit, or use Hypos.
    I already have been able to use Hypos in the acutal situation and get out there alive.

Yeah I just ran into that KDF player in question. Don't worry guys he got his --- handed to him for exploiting broken game mechanics:) in 3 matches earlier today. His team lost all 3 matches. There are many ways to deal with this. Just beware the noob is using operative with it.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Engineers with cover shields are able to exploit the Shanty Town map by climbing up top. Using it for sniper posts, mortar spam, ETC.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not even Engineer is needed. My alien is Sci, and I climbed all the way atop that large ship behind Red terminal in Shanty Town. So, Shanty Town can be exploited by ANY CAREER, and ANY SPECIES that knows how. You just need to look around and read the map. :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    edited March 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Not even Engineer is needed. My alien is Sci, and I climbed all the way atop that large ship behind Red terminal in Shanty Town. So, Shanty Town can be exploited by ANY CAREER, and ANY SPECIES that knows how. You just need to look around and read the map. :rolleyes:

And what happened to it being cats to blame for this?:rolleyes:
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    edited March 2013
    What happened is that I used something that is not a cat to disprove the overpower-ness being rumoured....:rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    edited March 2013
    You either have no idea what you are talking about, or you are deliberately trying to distort the facts. Somebody spending three minutes getting up to a useless place where the enemy team can ignore them completely is not an issue.

A cat taking three seconds to get up on an extremely useful overlook, doing something up there, jumping down to get at an enemy around a corner, then hopping up on top of another building where nobody can follow to get away, then dropping down on the spawn, then hopping up and over a wall where nobody can follow, then hopping up onto a catwalk that nobody else can access (even if they take an hour of clever jumping) and spawncamping from absolute safety, then hopping out of the bounds of the map and running back to their virus post, then running the virus around the outside of the map where nobody can get at them, then hopping up and over the wall to deliver the virus, then hopping up another wall to get back into the fight without taking the long way around or going through the bulk of the enemy force...

THAT is an issue.
    edited March 2013
    And THAT is why i love you Subu :D
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited March 2013
    guriphu wrote: »
    You either have no idea what you are talking about, or you are deliberately trying to distort the facts. Somebody spending three minutes getting up to a useless place where the enemy team can ignore them completely is not an issue.

A cat taking three seconds to get up on an extremely useful overlook, doing something up there, jumping down to get at an enemy around a corner, then hopping up on top of another building where nobody can follow to get away, then dropping down on the spawn, then hopping up and over a wall where nobody can follow, then hopping up onto a catwalk that nobody else can access (even if they take an hour of clever jumping) and spawncamping from absolute safety, then hopping out of the bounds of the map and running back to their virus post, then running the virus around the outside of the map where nobody can get at them, then hopping up and over the wall to deliver the virus, then hopping up another wall to get back into the fight without taking the long way around or going through the bulk of the enemy force...

THAT is an issue.

Funny I just saw a non-cat doing all of that.. Of both engineer and tac classes.
    edited March 2013
    ^ Yeah. That. And that ship I mentioned......you can put mortars up there, as well as shield and medical generators to defend the Snipers. That, plus the fact that you can see half the map (including the rooftops) makes it a nearly IDEAL sniper spot. If you want to look for an exploit, it qualifies, plus it is accessible to any species that knows how to get there.
    edited March 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    ^ Yeah. That. And that ship I mentioned......you can put mortars up there, as well as shield and medical generators to defend the Snipers. That, plus the fact that you can see half the map (including the rooftops) makes it a nearly IDEAL sniper spot. If you want to look for an exploit, it qualifies, plus it is accessible to any species that knows how to get there.

That position is only 'useful' when you are facing a spawn camp, nothing more. In a balanced match where both teams are fighting hand to hand and all the action is in the middle of the map (usually one team on their side of the map an the other team in the opposite side) what is the point of climbing up there if you don't have range to engage? even with a sniper rifle or mortars, you just don't have range.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited March 2013
    That position is only 'useful' when you are facing a spawn camp, nothing more. In a balanced match where both teams are fighting hand to hand and all the action is in the middle of the map (usually one team on their side of the map an the other team in the opposite side) what is the point of climbing up there if you don't have range to engage? even with a sniper rifle or mortars, you just don't have range.

Had a human sitting up in a spot where he could snipe anyone going through the middle. Mortars also were able to hit anyone in the alleyway.
    edited March 2013
    Occasional sniper and mortar fire, compared to perpetual front line support, is pretty much the definition of a non-issue. I honestly can't remember the last time mortar fire or a sniper rifle secondary contributed to one of my deaths. Is it an exploit? Probably. Is it an issue? Only for the poor team who has to fight 4v5 because one of their players is busy "exploiting" his team into self-defeat.

Branflakes, any chance of getting this discussion moved to a new thread, when you get a chance?
    edited March 2013
    Do you guys think that the item 16 it's still an issue?

16. Ability: Ambush
    Issue: Ambush is not consumed on use of grenades. While this wasn't that much of an issue yet and changing this will put tacticals on fireteam kit on serious disadvantage as they won't be able to bite through a good healers healing anymore without this spike damage it may now (while looking at tribble) become an issue. The separating of the adapted maco/KHG pulsewaves grenade launcher's cooldown from the grenade cooldown system means tacticals will be able to chain 3 fully ambush buffed hits in a row: weapon grenade-launcher + fire teams kit grenade + normal shotgun hit
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited March 2013
    The fixes to the Cryo Launcher and the Cloak-Virus are going live tomorrow!

Yay for us!

This would not have been possible without all the feedback and constant request of all of us! Thank you!

And special thanks to Borticus for making it happen, after all he's really busy with all things related to S8.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Still hoping he'd find some time to address the other issues too, especially the melee chain-knockback of the secondary attck might be something i'd love to hear if thats broken or if they stealth buffed melee there, i'd think broken.. but this really needs dev confirmation.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Do you guys think that the item 16 it's still an issue?

The issue could be alleviated a bit by giving the Adapted Pulsewave's grenade a ground circle on activation, like the other grenades are, so they can be actually avoided. The current hint (character animation) is not so obvious.

I'm not sure where I stand if grenades should or not consume ambush. To me, it makes sense, theme-wise: the target can not really spot where an "ambushed" grenade came from, they just know it's about to hit their current location.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Surprised there's nothing on here yet about being vaporized but not dying causing your character to be invisible. Seems to be happening when getting knocked back while exposed. Only way I know to correct it is to either log out and back in or respawning after being defeated. I'm curious if it's being caused by the Romulan tier 3 reputation knock back passive combined with being exposed as I don't recall it happening before. While not being a major issue it's still pretty annoying when it happens. :P
    edited March 2013
    nulonu wrote: »
    Surprised there's nothing on here yet about being vaporized but not dying causing your character to be invisible. Seems to be happening when getting knocked back while exposed. Only way I know to correct it is to either log out and back in or respawning after being defeated. I'm curious if it's being caused by the Romulan tier 3 reputation knock back passive combined with being exposed as I don't recall it happening before. While not being a major issue it's still pretty annoying when it happens. :P

Happened to me 2 months ago, and in the same situation that you described. It's very rare to happen, but when it does it's not a big deal, your weapon is visible, you name is visible and you are still a target.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • pug02pug02 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here are some reference youtube videos demonstrating the issues:

Knockback Resistance
    http://youtu.be/w6nnusE6eT4?hd=1

Hold Resistance
    http://youtu.be/baWmNqd2UJs?hd=1

Reroute Power to Shields Broken
    http://youtu.be/BkETv1ymfOE?hd=1

Omega Shield Broken
    http://youtu.be/L973L0NTdvM?hd=1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,151 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pug02 wrote: »
    Here are some reference youtube videos demonstrating the issues:

Knockback Resistance
    http://youtu.be/w6nnusE6eT4?hd=1

Hold Resistance
    http://youtu.be/baWmNqd2UJs?hd=1

Reroute Power to Shields Broken
    http://youtu.be/BkETv1ymfOE?hd=1

Omega Shield Broken
    http://youtu.be/L973L0NTdvM?hd=1

Dadude is killing the great pug? maybe he can have the honour of having his toes glued backo n now :)
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • benovidebenovide Member Posts: 397
    edited March 2013
    I can't believe I seriously just wasted the time to actually read the drivel in the OP.

Pounce ability is not that dramatic at all, if you can't counter another players Pounce, I'm sorry, but you need to just stop doing PVP.

If you think jumping around on Shanty Town is an exploit, than tell me why Klingon Players, even Andorian Players have been able to get up on the roof tops.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Happened to me 2 months ago, and in the same situation that you described. It's very rare to happen, but when it does it's not a big deal, your weapon is visible, you name is visible and you are still a target.

Well, it may not be a big deal to the enemy, but it can be difficult to maneuver when you're invisible. That's the real problem.

When I see it happen, I don't see the weapons either, whether it's me or another person.

It happened to me and another person in the same match, so it's not that rare.