Install Arc
Options

Ground PVP Concerns Directory 1.0

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmm maybe more than one hand! :P. In any case, I think things like the security officer DoT doff and cryo immobilizer being introduced have turned some people off to ground even more so than sword knock back chaining. I'd be very surprised if either the DoT doffs or cryo immobilizer will be changed. I'm still curious why such a drastic change to only swords went live way back in S7 (I think) without patch notes or anything.
  • Options
    solarstreaksolarstreak Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I solved my ground pvp concerns by.. venturing into the cold depths of space!:(

But really, what nulonu mentioned.. cryo immobilizer and broken knockback especially were the reasons. I really, really enjoy pugging but with knockback the way it is at the moment... it's just not worth the effort really. So now instead of being a ground pvper exclusively, I have decided pvp among the stars is mostly where it's at for me atm.
    Selun'x Alien Sci - Zarza Reman Tac
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ground PVP with broken knockback = dead ground PVP.

The worst thing, is what I said before, and is not the fact that cryptic looks like to dont even care to reed this post anymore, but the worst thing is when premades of Ground PVP fleets exploit this bugs against pugs.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    wdocwdoc Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am one of the ones that cares about the state of ground pvp. I think with the new doffs and how willpower is or isn't effecting certain things is just how it is at the moment. I think this makes teamwork that much more important. There are always going to be things that do not work like we think they should. It all comes down to trying to do the best you can with the mechanics the way they are during that season.
    Doc of Hammer
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Still wondering why swords are the only melee with an exploit attack secondary with unresistable knock back that the other melee weapons require a successful combo to achieve. Pretty sure all melee weapons had expose/expose for primary/secondary attacks prior to S7. A rather glaring inconsistency IMO.
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is there a discussion thread for Ground PVP, i have some ideas, but I am not sure they compare to those stated. I also do not pvp, but my ideas are reasons why i don't.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Feel free to start a new thread.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    tron4eternitytron4eternity Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nulonu wrote: »
    Hmm maybe more than one hand! :P. In any case, I think things like the security officer DoT doff and cryo immobilizer being introduced have turned some people off to ground even more so than sword knock back chaining. I'd be very surprised if either the DoT doffs or cryo immobilizer will be changed. I'm still curious why such a drastic change to only swords went live way back in S7 (I think) without patch notes or anything.

To sell more of those Tholian swords from the lobi store. Same reason that Elachi lobi store weapon was purposely released broken at first that allowed as player to fire under stealth module. I only heard about it and laughed as I thought how much I am glad I quit ground pvp. While space is not much better off at least it is serviceable under the right build and level of grind to me. If not there would be no reason at all for me to play this game anymore!
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    New tribble patch with a few tweaks for ground, still nothing about knockback

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=859131
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com