test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"walk" around a bit, go ahead, try it...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I don't think in all my time I have used the walk function to actually walk around spacedock like a normal person. Always sprinting. Today I did. And it's kind of nice. I mean, the backgrounds move realistically and you actually feel like you're strolling around the station. You can hold down the walk key, set auto-run, and glance to the side with your mouse camera control.

It's theraputic...

Go ahead, try it... I'll wait.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I would, except I strongly dislike the female walk animation.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I've used it multiple times before, I really like it.

BTW I do agree with the female walk animation. They should just let us choose from all the walk animations that have been in this game since release, it just makes sense. The same thing should be done with stances. In stead of replacing them just have XYZ Stance 1, ABC Stance 2, etc. But I digress lol
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I would, except I strongly dislike the female walk animation.

They changed the female walking animation not so long ago and made it much better, what's wrong with it?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'd like to use the walk function more, but the animation is entirely too slow. Seriously, it's like walking through the La Brea Tar Pits or something.

And why is it that the NPCs walk at a semi-brisk pace, but we don't? That just seems weird.

I keep expecting to hear this: http://youtu.be/1hYV-JSjpyU as I am walking along, hands resting on my six-guns, pancho on and cigar in my mouth.

Might want to revisit that walk animation Cryptic, if you aren't too busy putting new gating restrictions in place on the F2P build.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Personally, I think they should set a volume effect on ship interiors and starbases that defaults everyone's speed to walking (but still allow normal sprint speeds).

Anybody seen Infinite Space's station interiors? They look kinda like STO with slightly better (but fewer) character animations and with walking speed set as the default. I think it works very well.

If they did that here for non-combat maps and gave us a choice of walking animations, the feel would dramatically improve.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    You can also bind your walk key to ++walk to make it a toggle so you don't need to hold it down.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Yes, I do this quite often.

The male walk is okay, but the female walk belongs on a Milan catwalk, and would benefit from an update.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Remember that scene in TNG where Picard is walking through the Academy gardens when he sees Boothby? That would have been so much better if he'd been sprinting :p
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    LeBeck wrote:
    Remember that scene in TNG where Picard is walking through the Academy gardens when he sees Boothby? That would have been so much better if he'd been sprinting :p

And then didn't take his finger off the mouse button soon enough, so ended up running past him just a little bit, then had to turn around and walk back round Boothby to face him.

And it would have been even funnier if he did that dramatic pose that your character always does as soon as they stop running. :p
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Not gona try it. Seen it all before. Fluff.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    /votes no on sprint nerf