test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they need another new Beryllium Sphere.

Oooooooooooops, wrong movie

You have no idea how hard I worked trying to make that ship...or th SSV Normandy. Might actually be able to if what I've seen with the Romulan ships customize options are right. Just need to figure out a way to make the ship white instead of green...which is like sacrilege in Romulan eyes from what I gather.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    andrew0182andrew0182 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant you just take the tribble and redshirt servers offline and use them for main game lol as a temp measure should help us players out abit lol :P
  • Options
    rustysurfingrustysurfing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    been waiting 3 hours, at 14000 now. waste of bloody time.
  • Options
    deldeath537deldeath537 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @dracknal Doctor Who is on BBC right now, its kept me busy for 8000 people so far.
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    equinox976 wrote: »
    I'm gold and don't have to que.

Maybe your 'plan' should be to subscribe?

If not? join the back of the line.

Makes me laugh how people suggest paying a company for mistakes...

next you will suggest paying the vat man because he's taken more vat from you lmao
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

I made a post in the forum notices section above -- please do note that we are working to get you in-game as fast as possible. This is one of our top priorities, and we are all hands on deck, and will continue to be throughout the rest of today, tonight, and beyond.

Regarding thread merges, I posted this in another thread:
    Threads on the same topic are merged into one topic so the team and players can actually use the forums instead of them being swamped with the same topic pushing everything off many pages back :)

Thank you SO MUCH for your understanding -- we know how bad you want to get in, and we want you all in there.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    martagonmartagon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have I missed a post about how many people teh servers can actually handle?

Oh... And is this a temporary "glitch"? Are they gonna actually do something about this?

http://file3.guildlaunch.net/315716/cat-bugs.jpg
  • Options
    roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    been waiting 3 hours, at 14000 now. waste of bloody time.

Wow, you got screwed, I've been waiting 3 hrs and I'm at 8800
  • Options
    dracostalondracostalon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    Why, as a lifetimer do I have a login queue?

Im no liftimer but i have envested money and plan to envest more so i feel just as u do. ;)
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x0ligy wrote: »
    Makes me laugh how people suggest paying a company for mistakes...

next you will suggest paying the vat man because he's taken more vat from you lmao

Whatever mistakes you are talking about (and I have to admit there are many, many things I dont like about cryptic) are totally irrelevant.

Gold and lifetime members get prioritory over none subscribers, its nothing to do with rewarding anyone, its a fact of life. And like many facts of life, you just have to deal with it.
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok now im beyond pissed im no longer asking im demanding an appolgy. I just finshed a second 2 hour queue and then i got booted and received logged out for unknown reason.
    please BranFlakes apologize this is beyond unacceptable. i have been a player since game launch please i love this game but this wait is unacceptable. Plz send out an apology so we know that you actually care.
  • Options
    dramausdramaus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's sad is I think more people have LEFT the Queue behind me then have gotten in in front of me.
  • Options
    majorfactormajorfactor Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    This TRIBBLE !!!

Maybe when I get back from my trip into town I might be closer to logging in .

Maybe .......:(

You guys REALLY have to get more servers. This like what happened when I first started playing
    WOW......"Just not on with the tech we have today"
  • Options
    admiralmarcusadmiralmarcus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CRYPTIC! your killing your business! wtf are you doing???????? You ***** you want more $ and more people to play your game. More people want to play and more people want to pay now..... and they can't !?!?!?!?!?

Imagine if COD did this they would be out of business and not be the #1 fps

Imagine if SC did this they would be out of business and not be the #1 rts

Imagine if Bethesda did this they would be out of business and not be the #1 rpg maker

I'll give you all one guess who won't be the #1 mmo this year.........

-great job
  • Options
    rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

I made a post in the forum notices section above -- please do note that we are working to get you in-game as fast as possible. This is one of our top priorities, and we are all hands on deck, and will continue to be throughout the rest of today, tonight, and beyond.

Thank you SO MUCH for your understanding -- we know how bad you want to get in, and we want you all in there.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

If you would indulge us just slightly, could we possibly get a headcount? How many people are there who are playing now? Quite a few people have commented on never having seen this happen before, and many of us are curious to know just how many people are actually on.

Nothing major, we're just curious. Numbers give us something to play with and kick around.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    sogetessogetes Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't get it though...it would help to get some background info into why there are problems in the first place. It's not really the players that are causing the problem...you can hardly blame consumers for utilizing a long-running service. What's the real problem? I can imagine them running a bunch of rack servers. Why can't they just plug in an additional server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    obblkobblk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    equinox976 wrote: »
    I'm gold and don't have to que.

Maybe your 'plan' should be to subscribe?

If not? join the back of the line.

On one hand, I can understand your sentiment, however, being that STO is now f2p, a huge chunk of their income comes from players (gold AND silver) buying zen to use in the game... however, I'm willing to bet there's, currently, a larger portion of silver members than gold (or life timers), and alienating them with such exorbitant queues will simply cause these players (especially any new ones) to leave the game... and NEVER pay for any Zen. This, in the long run, can hurt the game.

I admit, I'm a silver member... and only started playing the game about 3 weeks ago. But I've enjoyed it thus far enough to have put $60 into zen for the game. Being silver, being only 3 weeks old, and being that a full expansion was just released, I'm resolved to the over hour wait I'm enduring to play... that said, elitism like "you want in... go gold... or endure" does little but drives new players away... players that may otherwise be a source of income in which to continue this game every player (silver, gold, or lifer) enjoys.

Just a thought...

*edit* Fixed a typo
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The priority queues thing might make more sense if being in the back of the line didn't subject you to a three hour wait...even if you just switch characters or get disconnected. Rendering the game practically unplayable to anyone who isn't subscribed is NOT the way to attract new players.
  • Options
    hollowell22hollowell22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So for 16 hours I have tried to get on for even 3 min. My lowest number in que has been 18000. Also as i get down to around 5000 in que it kicks me, I then log back on and hmm im at 18000 que again. atm i am at 14000.

I do not see myself getting on anytime soon.

Oh well
  • Options
    hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All i have to say is a joke once again!!!!! And defenately no planning on the volume of new plus old players comming back now that they have completely revamped the game plus added the romulans as a playable race. I've been playing solid since F2P and have never had to queue but now i have to wait for X amount of time before i get the chance to play the game!!!! Spectrum 48K comes to mind at this moment but without the crazy mind curdling sound it made!!! lol Come on please!!!! I fully understand some issues but others i can't get my head around. Patching was easy for me and i was playing the game within a few minutes of it going live yet every time i've tried today i get stuck on the queue page intill i've had enough of trying and wait intill later and yet another queue? What if everyone loves it and the volume stays up will we always have to edge our bets? Please i've paid enough that this defenately ain't no F2P for me and yet i and many others can't even get to play the game!!!! I'm at 11,000 plus in the queue and i was over 16,000 when i started so it doesn't look like i'm getting in any time soon so please lads try and get something sorted before loyal players like me plus many many more just get fed up with the bad service we have been getting lately and for some time now and go to play other games or use our time doing other things!!!
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "We are aware there is a queue to log in at this time. We are working to get you in-game as soon as possible"

- Just what exactly are you doing. My guess is: Nothing.

Seriously, this isnt a highly anticipated new release of an international bestselling game , its a glorified patch of a game that failed so hard in its first year, it was forced to go f2p.

You can call it an 'expansion' but games that release expansions that are the size of the whole of STO dont have this much trouble: Its a clientside UI and graphics change, a few new items (warpcores) and mechanics changes that could just have been a patch. the new content added is hardly signifigant enough to have the woes that an international bestselling game might have with server population spikes.

BTW, the pve game ques are borked with the leaving map in 5 seconds bug that you seem to have everytime you change something.

I'm sold on the IP so milk it for what you can, but I cant see me getting hooked on another PWE/Cryptic game.
  • Options
    lightstone94lightstone94 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was in exchange for about 6-7mins and I was disconnected...now in queue position of 15k+ **** you cryptic/pwe fix your ****ing server. SO frustrated...now Ill have to wait 2hrs+ to "play".....:mad:
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must have an angel on my shoulder today...

I haven't had any problems logging in and haven't hit a queue in the four times I've tried.

<says another prayer>

Amen

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well another day lost of game play thanks to the incompetence of the cryptic team, and nothing other two messages in 6-7hours saying "we know, were working on it and we thank you for your patience".

Really glad i stopped spending week 1 of playing this game :D
  • Options
    admiralmarcusadmiralmarcus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waited for two hours now I can play for 25min before I have to go...... This is worse than my local DMV...... epic fail!
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    your gold/lifer argument is a bit specious, if you are gonna throw dollars around as a justification. I can Promise you that I have paid more then many gold/lifers.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I must have an angel on my shoulder today...

I haven't had any problems logging in and haven't hit a queue in the four times I've tried.

<says another prayer>

Amen

:cool:

...and of course, as soon as I typed that the game dumped me and now won't let me back in...

:eek:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    obblk wrote: »
    On one hand, I can understand your sentiment, however, being that STO is now f2p, a huge chunk of their income comes from players (gold AND silver) buying zen to use in the game... however, I'm willing to bet there's, currently, a larger portion of silver members than gold (or life timers), and alienating them with such exorbitant queues will simply cause these players (especially any new ones) to leave the game... and NEVER pay for any Zen. This, in the long run, can hurt the game.

I admit, I'm a silver member... and only started playing the game about 3 weeks ago. But I've enjoyed it thus far enough to have put $60 into zen for the game. Being silver, being only 3 weeks old, and being that a full expansion was just released, I'm resolved to the over hour wait I'm enduring to play... that said, elitism like "you want in... go gold... or endure" does little but drives new players away... players that may otherwise be a source of income in which to continue this game every player (silver, gold, or lifer) enjoys.

Just a thought...

*edit* Fixed a typo

This is exactly my point. Someone who has spent $60 in game over the weeks is like paying for 4 months of subscription or 6 months if they gave discounts on long term plans. Even the Evil EAWare corp gives a higher priority to "preferred" players over those that never gave them 1 cent.

I would suggest they create a 2nd tier for those people who have spent some money and leave the 3rd tiery for freepers. This way those that have literally 0 invested in game don't get ahead of the "preferred" players. Once again, epic failure and Cryptic go hand in hand. I see their reputation is well deserved. :mad:
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pulserazor wrote: »
    your gold/lifer argument is a bit specious, if you are gonna throw dollars around as a justification. I can Promise you that I have paid more then many gold/lifers.

If your going to make wild unsubstantiated claims, well I flew to the moon yesterday, and I'm far more qualified than most NASA astronauts.
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sogetes wrote: »
    I don't get it though...it would help to get some background info into why there are problems in the first place. It's not really the players that are causing the problem...you can hardly blame consumers for utilizing a long-running service. What's the real problem? I can imagine them running a bunch of rack servers. Why can't they just plug in an additional server?

First solution : Place the Neverwinter Nights Online Beta on a second server. Don't fool us, each time you are patching, Neverwinter Nights goes down too for the exact same amount of time. Even a toddler can connect the dots.
    Secdond solution : Take your wallet, run to the nearest IT supplier and get new equipment that is up to date, coz it's clear to all of us that your current is not up to the tasks anylonger.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D