test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilthium HAS Officially crashed

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All I know is pretty soon a lot of the Zen sellers are going to say F this I'm not buying any more Zen and exchanging for dilthium at 125

The trick is to get them not to, basically.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    chikahiro wrote: »
    Well, no. In order for Dilithium to be worth more than Zen you'd have to have a 1 Dilithium equal more than 1 Zen.

have you compared it to something you can buy for dilithium and zen that has the same price....like doffs ? :rolleyes:

even if you compare the time spent getting the dilithium plus energy cost of your PC ...the zen is still worth less than the dilithium you get .
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    And Cryptic accountants are rejoicing in song as this forces players to buy more z-points to convert to Dilithium to make up for the lack of Dilithium being generated in the game. :mad:

You realize it works both ways right? It's remarkably easier to get Zen points to buy things off the store, like all the ships they just had a sell on.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just Saw 124!!
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rezking wrote: »
    If everyone is sitting on a stockplie, convert it to Zen NOW.
    These projects aren't going to last forever.
    When they end, and they will end eventually, that need for dilithium will drop off.

AND before PWE does something drastic...I doubt conversions will drop below 90dil=1zen

Yup, Zen is on sale so I figure some folks have picked some up and willing to spend it on Dilithium. As soon as fleets hit T5 and folks hit T5 Rep folks won't need so much Dilithium.

We've got a small window between now and the time the new foundry rewards show up. There is a good chance its going to be another dilithium resource that will help fill the void we have now. So prices can only drop once it shows up.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    The lower the value of dilithium per zen goes, means less people will be buying zen for the sole purpose of buying dilithium.
    The less zen available will make the dilithium go back up again eventually....
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    The lower the value of dilithium per zen goes, means less people will be buying zen for the sole purpose of buying dilithium.
    The less zen available will make the dilithium go back up again eventually....

The thing that will most likely happen is cryptic will step in if there is a big drop in Zen being purchased in real dollars. Heck the U.S gov't manupulates not only the US dollar but almost every world currency - all the big countries make formal announcements now when they are entering the market to support their currency. Don't see any difference with Cryptic supporting the Zen as opposed to the US gov't supporting the dollar.
  • tjexcimer500tjexcimer500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Once upon a time, people complained that the Foundry had clickies.
    They were sad because gamers were using them instead of playing their creations.
    So they protested that these people were exploiting the system with their multiple alts.
    Most of their dilithium went towards the unbelievable high costs of starbase projects.
    Some went on the market for zen.

Players with zen were happy. They could buy zen and trade for dilithium so they too could meet the high demand of starbase projects.

But then one day, the devs listened to the Foundry creators and PWE accountants.
    They took away the clickies, knowing the supply of dilithium would run dry.

The Foundry makers rejoiced: "Alas, gamers will finally enjoy my creations!"
    That was until they discovered many of their own projects were suddenly called "clickies", even though they weren't.
    They became sad again. Those who used the clickies still wouldn't try their creations.

Those who used clickies became sad.
    Those who paid real money to purchase alts to help their starbases were sad.

Then the dilithium market crashed, because the dilithium had run dry.
    Those who purchased zen to convert to dilithium became sad.
    Those who provided dilithium for zen became sad.
    Those in small fleets struggling to obtain enough fleet marks became sad.

But not the accountants... for their data showed that if the dilithium market decreased that their profits would increase (just as it did for S6).

The moral of this story is...
    Rule of Acquisition #19

But don't worry folks, as soon as the market hits that level their data predicts profits from conversions will decrease they'll be sure to supply the exchange with plenty of dilithium to stabilize it (and we wondered why they decreased the minimum price to 25 back when it was 350+/zen).
    There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
    Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But don't worry folks, as soon as the market hits that level their data predicts profits from conversions will decrease they'll be sure to supply the exchange with plenty of dilithium to stabilize it (and we wondered why they decreased the minimum price to 25 back when it was 350+/zen).

There is no such level as long as volume of transactions remains high.

Basically, as long as there are at least 16% as many transactions at 25 dil per ZEN as there were at 159 dil per ZEN, Cryptic breaks even.

If there is less than an 84% reduction in transactions, they benefit from the market bottoming out... and can argue it makes the game NOT P2W since a bottomed out market would mean it takes 8 days of grinding and trading dilithium to get a C-Store ship, 16 days for a Vesta/Odyssey 3 pack, and less than a month to grind out the trades for a lockbox ship at 3 hours played per day.
    edited November 2012
    Just Saw 124!!

it dropped to 120 for 10 or 15 minutes thats because demand and zen promotion have nothing to do with what people think on forums :rolleyes:
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And here I went and sold off a lot of my doffs and rolled new alts because I was bored with Contraband marauding/Turn-over in DS9... Silly me.
    <3
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    it dropped to 120 for 10 or 15 minutes thats because demand and zen promotion have nothing to do with what people think on forums :rolleyes:

:eek:

I wouldn't put REAL money into Zen now.
    REMOVE THE REFINING CAP!!
    INCREASE DIL REWARDS!!

WHERE'S MY GOLDEN PARACHUTE!!!!
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
    edited November 2012
    rezking wrote: »
    :eek:

I wouldn't put REAL money into Zen now.
    REMOVE THE REFINING CAP!!
    INCREASE DIL REWARDS!!

WHERE'S MY GOLDEN PARACHUTE!!!!

or stop buying zen ...thats how every market works ...supply and demand ,not imaginary limits and mambo jambo .Don't panic ,like I said champions online had the rate at 55 and that game was really played at that time .Remember when the rate was 1 zen per 350...now is the same thing in reverse ...exploit it and it will go back :rolleyes:
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The only light at the ever darkening tunnel of the dilithium exchange is thursday we get to start converting omega and romulan marks to dilithium. Hopefully this will atleast get the market back to the 150-160 range that it had been stable at until the started fraking with the dilithium supply. Even 150 is terrible when you consider the norm used to be in the 300 range before they introduced the dilithium sink that is starbases.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Once upon a time, people complained that the Foundry had clickies.
    They were sad because gamers were using them instead of playing their creations.
    So they protested that these people were exploiting the system with their multiple alts.
    Most of their dilithium went towards the unbelievable high costs of starbase projects.
    Some went on the market for zen.

Players with zen were happy. They could buy zen and trade for dilithium so they too could meet the high demand of starbase projects.

But then one day, the devs listened to the Foundry creators and PWE accountants.
    They took away the clickies, knowing the supply of dilithium would run dry.

The Foundry makers rejoiced: "Alas, gamers will finally enjoy my creations!"
    That was until they discovered many of their own projects were suddenly called "clickies", even though they weren't.
    They became sad again. Those who used the clickies still wouldn't try their creations.

Those who used clickies became sad.
    Those who paid real money to purchase alts to help their starbases were sad.

Then the dilithium market crashed, because the dilithium had run dry.
    Those who purchased zen to convert to dilithium became sad.
    Those who provided dilithium for zen became sad.
    Those in small fleets struggling to obtain enough fleet marks became sad.

But not the accountants... for their data showed that if the dilithium market decreased that their profits would increase (just as it did for S6).

The moral of this story is...
    Rule of Acquisition #19

19. Satisfaction is not guaranteed ?
    Hmmm .... , more like "life is like a box of chocolates , you never know what you're gonna get ... if you complain hard enough to Cryptic !"

Isn't that right ... certain ppl from the Foundry community ? :cool:
  • kagurazaka77kagurazaka77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I didn't read all of this thread, but I am not sure you guys understand how supply and demand work.

If the DIL supplies dry up, as is being claimed, then there will be less to sell for ZEN, causing the DIL:ZEN ratio to RAISE not crash.

A low DIL:ZEN ratio is caused by an abundance of DIL available.

e.g. When the Starbases first came out - it was VERY high since DIL was being horded for use in the bases. Equilibrium was eventually achieved, and eventually DIL started flooding the market again since it's really, pretty easy to make.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't mind the current price of dilithium. 8000 cap seems to be fine
    unless you are in hurry to have your starbase up and running as soon as possible :D
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Funny thing is i publicly predicted that the Dil exchange would see a massive downturn as far as how much a single Zen was worth. I remember being ridiculed and even got some insulting PMs. I am glad I prepared for this and I am now making a killing off the decreased value.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well so far the drop is only 14%, you will need to work with huge numbers to make a more than marginal profit

As far as predicted the surge I haven't heard anyone not saying it prior to season 7
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nah it is simple a lot ppl get idea to increase their zen numbers in game by dill exchange so tons of them got idea to buy much as posible dill now and sell it later when price drop more but think it wont,soon they exchange their zen price will be go up fast back to 130-140 or even more
  • tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Dilithium market is turning just as i expected and i find it is a perfect time to sell Dilithium for Zen.

That cheaper Zen i get lets me do lot of upgrades like Inventory Limit increase for all of my characters. Now all my chars can carry 200 Doffs and it already starts to pay out to have every character with many Fabrication Engineers, Technicians, Researchers and stuff. I could not do all the Doff missions i wanted with only 100 Doffs, 200 make a big difference.

Dilithium i can always make more later... Zen below 125 may ( or may not ) be a rare opportunity. I took advantage of it. It is a win situation anyway, if Dili goes back up, i can always sell the xtra Zen for profit later...
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    warpet wrote: »
    nah it is simple a lot ppl get idea to increase their zen numbers in game by dill exchange so tons of them got idea to buy much as posible dill now and sell it later when price drop more but think it wont,soon they exchange their zen price will be go up fast back to 130-140 or even more

I think it's probably more to do with the loss of massive amounts of dilithium injected into the market by people who were abusing alts and fast clicky missions; combined w/ a zen sale.

All the dil speculators who had any sense bought Zen and converted to dil prior to the season 7 launch. They wouldn't be doing so now unless they were completely inept.
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    I think it's probably more to do with the loss of massive amounts of dilithium injected into the market by people who were abusing alts and fast clicky missions; combined w/ a zen sale.

All the dil speculators who had any sense bought Zen and converted to dil prior to the season 7 launch. They wouldn't be doing so now unless they were completely inept.

People had to buy those character slots. It wasn't abuse or an exploit. Don't sit on your high horse and pretend you wouldn't have done the same if you had the means and brains to do it. And it wasn't an exploit if it wasn't shut down immediately by the devs. It was a feature that lasted almost a year!

And now look at the results. A collapsing dil market which basically screws you if you're the type to buy dilithium!
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dilithium is worth more than zen. Nuff said.
    Nothing "evil" is happening. No conspiracy.
    Just there are a great deal more people who need dilithium more tha. They need c store stuff.

That isn't likely to change. It may, but I can't see it.
    The ship sale did t do it. The vesta didn't do it.
    Cryptic will have to release a new "must have" item.
    If not, it is going to drop like a rock this week.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    While you cant convert as much zen as before, trading for zen is great for people who dont use the dilithium sinks as it allows people to bypass the need to buy zen, if they dont mind a little grinding.

the real killer is these 200k vanity projects that are turning up all over the place.
  • plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love this whole situation , i will only need dilithium at tier 5 of reputation( for adapted maco gear) until then i will convert all my dilithium to zen points and enjoy with new stuff from Zen store.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gemackgemack Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All I know is pretty soon a lot of the Zen sellers are going to say F this I'm not buying any more Zen and exchanging for dilthium at 125

Never a truer word spoken.

I have no intentions of selling my C points during the market downturn I will hold on to that investment.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yup, its the market to buy zen, though I'd anticipate a further slide of 10-20pts before going in.

The dil low should be around just prior to patch day, after that it would be time for profit-taking.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bareel wrote: »
    Although I must admit a bit of surprise at the speed of the market drop.

Not surprised at all. They just had a zen bonus sale. People had a little more incentive to buy Zen over the weekend and that in turn allowed them to grab a little more dilithium.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    atomictiki wrote: »
    People had to buy those character slots. It wasn't abuse or an exploit. Don't sit on your high horse and pretend you wouldn't have done the same if you had the means and brains to do it. And it wasn't an exploit if it wasn't shut down immediately by the devs. It was a feature that lasted almost a year!

And now look at the results. A collapsing dil market which basically screws you if you're the type to buy dilithium!

It was absolutely not an exploit, remember folks- Cryptic added 50 fleet marks to the Foundry Daily for the sole purpose of quickly adding fleet marks into the system to support season six. They knew the Foundry Daily would be used that way, and encouraged it and it was by design.

It wasn't without problems, it cheapened the content produced by the Foundry and needed to be addressed, but that several hundred million dilithium bubble was in the economy and now is not.

The problem is, the entire dilithium economy is priced around an economic model that is now several hundred million per week smaller. It you shrink GDP by that much, you get an economic crash. What is happening is Economics 101, Cryptic knows and understands it's happening, they just haven't found a way to fix it within the framework of their game design yet.

And no way will changes announced to begin Thursday solve the problem, there is still a floor yet to be determined.