test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: November 2012 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    On Tribble, I experienced what I thought were changes to the "movement trails" behind our ships, where only red trails existed from the impulse engines within a system, and no trails at all in sector space.

Was this a bug, or was it intended as a change?

If it was intended, why didn't it make it to Holodeck?

If it was a bug, can it be recreated on Holodeck, as it is much more canonically accurate than what we currently see?

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    jonathanferrojonathanferro Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1. will we ever see a Klingon only adventure zone of feature episode series.

2. any new costume updates, head, body, uniforms , accessors.

3. will there be any new reputation fractions add to the system.

4. will we get a fully customizable Romulan Duty officer.

5. my character bank is now full of pets and crafting items, can you expand the account bank to have a tab for only crafting items and one for pets and make them account wide so that i have them available to all my characters.

6. what is the reward for testing season 7 on tribble and when will it be available.
  • Options
    keeny75keeny75 Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dan said in a previous ask cryptic that there would be a 20 man STF type mission with 5 captains and there away teams. And the ability to send your first officer on one of your other ships to assist you in combat. I was wondering if cryptic has a time frame for Both of these?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    intrepidukintrepiduk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When are you going to make this game fun to play again?

Here's a way, get rid of starbases and personal starbases (rep system) and all the time gated TRIBBLE you are forcing players to do. When are you going to reverse the ridiculous costs involved with doffing.

Will you be sending me an E-mail when this is done so I can reinstall the game and have fun with it?
  • Options
    mikeyjw87mikeyjw87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When do the devs intend to fix the bug which results in the game freezing,and then going to the PCs desktop screen before going back to the game and why was Season 7 released with this bug when it was a known issue on Tribble?
  • Options
    jonathanferrojonathanferro Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1. there a lot of bugs on the deferi invasion zone, when will they be fixed.

2. will the reputation marks be added to all the Borg and Romulan Episodes.

3. will we get the rank pins and belt seen on the starfleet officer in the new backdrop.

4. get to play episodes with other characters on are account.
  • Options
    ieyasutieyasut Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So, New Romulus is amazing, but are you done with it? Throughout Season 7, will we be seeing updates similar to Epoh breeding make it to this new area? Will there ever be a city map behind those gates? After seeing the new First City and Hathor, I can't wait to start running around another urban environment. Also, will New Romulus, or any part of it, be getting a day/night cycle like the one on Hathor?
  • Options
    rednuxrednux Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    System Requirements

OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+
    Memory: 1GB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics
    Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
    DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
    HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space
    Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
    Disc: 6X DVD-ROM
    Recommended System Configuration

OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
    CPU: Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 5600+
    Memory: 2GB RAM+
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850+
    Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
    DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
    HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space
    Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
    Disc: 6X DVD-ROM

Ok.. I can do this and more! Y is the game still crashing!
  • Options
    gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hi

1st question: When will private ques comeback ?

2nd question: Now that dilithium is back for Elite Stfs and most of the Season 7 is looking preatty damn good when are we going to see Our admiral skills come into play such as Bridge officers and first officer take controle of ships in ur "ship list" and help out during missions ?"

3rd question: Will there be possibility of Doing Stfs with ur Bridge officers incase not enough players online or just want to do it solo ? with elite and normal level of course and maybe little lower reward 280 dilithium and 10 omega marks or something ?

4th question: The Enterprize-D and Borthas npc ship that comes and help dureing the missions near New romulan patrole missions was a wonderfull touch although very rarely seen. Will there be a possibility that more missions get this function with diffrent ships and captains showing up unexpected and helps out for a better feel for the game i thought it was a lovly touch and would like to see more of it.

5th question: Duty officer system missions are a bit hard to find is there any plans on developeing a better way to find the missions ?

6th question: Will doff missions be avaible on mobile phones such as android so we can start and do them when not near a computer ?

ty for reading.
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • Options
    tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Somehow while reading your last State of the Game post as well as an interview on another site, I got the impression that "Into the Hive" and it's accompanying space mission might be the final contributions to the Borg Front/Task Force Omega storyline. Are there any more Borg missions planned for the future, or have we seen the last of the Borg? Because for me something seems to be missing between stopping the Borg from altering the past in "Khitomer Accord" and marching on the Borg Queen's HQ in "Into the Hive".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    can we get any info about Season 7 Tribble Test Weekend rewards? what will that be? when can we claim it?

thx
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • Options
    collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    2: Would you ever consider having 'open rewards' for missions. By this I mean that all endgame content offers Dilithium, Fleet Marks, Romulan Marks, Omega Marks and then the player gets to chose which they would like upon completing the mission?

I'm all for this. I have a mess of fleet marks that are never going to be used. Or maybe some way for non-fleeters to use or trade fleet marks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    goldendharmnygoldendharmny Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Will There be Very Rare ones like most of Chapter 8 for the Fed History?
    "Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny
  • Options
    captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just rememebered some more questions:

Will be there a Fleet version of the chimera?

Why some items on the Lobi Store are bind on pick up and others bind on equip?

Most BOffs have traits that only affects ground missions, and therefore in most cases don't really mind which BOff I assign for a given bridge station on my ship. I consider this as a issue. Any plans to adress it?
    Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Are there plans to add more missions to New Romulus? It seems large enough to easily add more if needed. Also will the map be added and/or hooked up to the foundry?
  • Options
    lackster42lackster42 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have a quick question. Why can't I change my K'Tinga cruiser in ship customization. When I choose a different paint scheme or try to use the refit template and save it and also purchase it. It doesn't work at all, I tried multiple times with no results. Any reason or ideas?
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lackster42 wrote: »
    I have a quick question. Why can't I change my K'Tinga cruiser in ship customization. When I choose a different paint scheme or try to use the refit template and save it and also purchase it. It doesn't work at all, I tried multiple times with no results. Any reason or ideas?

Are you clicking "Save" or "Purchase changes"? The latter adds the changes your ship; the former just saves the costume for future reference.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    delgrantdelgrant Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The bridge officer from tier 4 Marauding...

We cannot currently customise them. At all. We can't even change the hairstyle. There are forum threads about this dating back to January stating that the problem is being looked at. Are you able to give us any indication of when or if we can expect this problem to be resolved?
    - Redneck Academy - / Legio XVI 'CARDASSIA'

All generalizations are false, including this one.
    - Mark Twain
  • Options
    lutherfrylutherfry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello

I have submitted tickets to the GM about two the Defera missions not allowing one to turn them in with the inventory is full bug. It has been over 24 hours and there has been no response!

Makes one question why I or anyone have purchased paid subscriptions if this is the support level.

How long is the average response time? :mad:
  • Options
    chi1701dchi1701d Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can you go into more detail with regards to the "State of the Game: November 2012" comment.

"After the big event in February, we will begin to share some of the exciting details about Season 8 and how it will begin to resolve some of the long standing issues surrounding the two factions within the game."

Does this mean content and or balance etc?
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lobi store items, why are some bind on pick up like the space sets and others like ships and pets tradable?

Why can't the bind on pick up items be put into boxes so they can be traded/put on the exchange?

This won't make the people who want account bound Lobi happy but it might help those that have all their Lobi on wrong character.

/\
  • Options
    pwethielvanpwethielvan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Could we please have a store with all those promo items in the Aenigma Nebula.
    First: That would be a reason to go there.
    Second: LTS members could buy (f.e. with GPL, EC Lobi or even ZEN) all those great promo goodies you already have made and certainly will make in the future?
  • Options
    tatterdemalion1tatterdemalion1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1. Now loot drops are missing from STF (a change I can live with, I'm just not overly happy about) - what other avenues will there be in the game to get Mk XI purple or better kit from random mission rewards ? Especially ship weapons ? Basically the only Mk XII purple ones we can get now are the fleet ones. You've removed the STF borg store weapons, and the chance of getting them in STF loot !

2. When is crafting going to be reworked ? Aside from the Aegis set, there's nothing craftable we can make that we can't buy in the Dil Store, so what's the point of all those crafting materials apart from putting towards fleet projects ?

3. This should be an easy one... Can we PLEASE have the ability to customise the dedication plaque on our ships' bridges ? What's the point of a blank brass plate. It's a small thing and shouldn't be that hard to do.

4. I get that the lockbox ships make you money, and whether or not you're for or against the lockbox idea, I think now that enough lockboxes have been opened to make you enough cash for the Galor, the D'Kora and the Jem Hadar Bug. Everyone has had multiple lockbox lottery shots at them... Why not just now put them in the C-Store for those who weren't lucky enough to get one until now ? You'll still be making money off of Zen points and people will probably have to buy extra ship slots ! I have no doubt you will be doing more lockbox lotteries for new ships, and these 3 have been milked for enough cash methinks...
  • Options
    lackster42lackster42 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have done the purchase changes to my ship and still it does not work.
  • Options
    rjcfoxtrotrjcfoxtrot Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Will there be any form of Territory Control or will this be counter to what lies ahead for the Klingon and Federation Factions?
  • Options
    hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited November 2012
    Will we see possible ways of getting MK XII gear from non store systems return or is high level equipment now to be nearly purely obtained through reputation/fleet like systems?
  • Options
    cheeseofborgcheeseofborg Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey few months ago you said that a VA Constitution class would not be seen because it was not in use in the late 24th century however in the DS 9 Dominion War era it can be seen fighting the battle cardascia. Will we ever se a va constitution?
  • Options
    hoipoloihoipoloi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1) When will we be seeing more KDF ships, uniforms etc in the C-Store?
    2) Lobi Store items - can these be made available from the C-Store as well?
    3) Can Lobi Crystals be account bound not character?
    4) Can the cost of the Starbase featured projects be reduced? the dilithium cost is stalling current upgrades and projects as it is.

Not really a question but a request - can the 29th Century Uniforms (when fixed) please be in the C-store... please!

Thank you for all the work that was put in to bringing season 7 to us, it may seem like a thankless task sometimes, but the hard work and commitment shown by you and your team is appreciated.
  • Options
    aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In order to boost or expand the crafting system, have you guys considered allowing players to craft unique consoles, and weapons currently only allowed via some ships from the c-store, or from special offers. Im referring to items like, quad cannons, spinal phaser, univ unique consoles like point defense, isometric charge, etc. These can all have decreased or increased capabilities, like changing the dmg types of weapons (quad cannon disruptor, anti-proton) or the power boost for consoles, etc. This would really boost the use of crafting system in the game, you can even tie it to the DOFF or as some form of epic quest line to get the components for them.
  • Options
    moronwmachinegunmoronwmachinegun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It seems many people confuse your enthusiasm for a feature as a guarantee it is coming. Instead of gushing about how interesting TRIBBLE is, can you tell us what you actually have scheduled in the pipeline for the next few months, and for Season 8? Is that "KDF stuff in S8" tease an actual plan with a Microsoft Project file and developers assigned to it, or is it still just a want-to-have?

For the STO Web Gateway, what is your schedule for A) rolling it out to holodeck, B) Adding Duty Officer Mission access, and C) Adding Reputation and Fleet projects access? What about allowing Friends to see our ship/BOFF setups?

Any chance of a balance pass across traits to make it less crippling to not pick Accurate/Elusive?

How about faction or game-wide projects? Would allow for people to donate dil towards adding a poker game to the actual schedule instead of waiting for a dev to complete it as a side project. Or for adding new ships, costumes, locations for factions.
This discussion has been closed.