test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: November 2012 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• Options
    rybrarianrybrarian Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let me start off by saying, I am much less critical about much of the dilithium changes made to the game than (what appears to be) the majority of your userbase. I'm also using the game exclusively F2P though, and that might factor into why. I think if I had been a subscription member, I might be miffed like everyone else was. I -would- like to state, for anyone reading this and not fuming already, that I made an equiv. amount of the dilithium doing the Gorn Minefield in probably less time than STFs, so I think a lot of people were just complaining to complain, sadly. Like you said in your interview post, there are still plenty of ways to get it. That's 100% true.

If the season 7 content, I think the Cure Elite STF which I've ran I think 6 times on Holodeck and only successfully completed 3 times (so let's say half?) is much too difficult. I'm trying to get those neural processors for the reputation system (which I guess awards dilithium?), and that is just taking too long. My first question would be: can you keep the Omega points lower for "normal" STFs, but reward the neural processors for all of them? You still need 5 to get the reward. I think I'm not the only one complaining the Elite STFs are now bananas hard. You've made them almost so difficult that they've ceased being fun (I usually could complete an Elite pre-Season 7).

The only other thing I'd really liked change back as the recruitment of DOFFs - the time cap already makes getting new ones a chore, and now having to spend dilithium to do it - and a significant amount at that - is kind of silly. I think it's only really bad with the "General Recruitment" assignment, but with the 'corrections' you guys are planning, please make this a priority.

I'd really like to play some new mission content. Any chance of New Romulus themed missions in Season 7? I haven't read anywhere that it's for sure happening.

And a last annoying question, any hint as to what the Tribble reward will be? I'm really hoping for the Reman bridge officer to reappear as a reward since I wasn't playing when it was awarded the first time. Maybe a new Romulan engineer or something? I just vote for a special BOFF since I like them a lot.

I know this week hasn't been easy on you. I, for one, have liked a lot of the new content to the game.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Will the KDF ever be fully supported?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why is the expected rate of Dilithium gathering four hours to get 8000? Even at the best rate of 25 Dilithium to 1 Zen, that's 320 Zen. Are you saying that our time is only worth $.80 an hour? I guess what I'm getting at here is this: you say you want people to be able to achieve the Dilithium cap. But many people just don't have 4 hours every day. How are they supposed to get to the cap?
    dastahl wrote: »
    While I went into an explaination of our view on Dilithium earlier in the thread, the gist of it is that Dilithium is designed to benefit players who have time to play but don't have that much money.

What about people that don't have time OR money? How are they benefited?
  • Options
    mountainmdmountainmd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    More of a suggestion than a question. How about docking animations at Starbases?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    .....Cos Mountain Said So!!!!!!
  • Options
    derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1.) I Realize Customization Is Last On Any Ones List But Will We Ever Be Able To Select What Our Crew Is Wearing On Our Ships ,starbases And Embassys ?
    2.) We Were Given The Ability To Place Patches With Our Fleet Logos On Them And Our Ships Will We Ever See Those Logos In The Starbases Or Embassys Or Even Inside Our Ships? To Give The Look And Feel That They Belong To Usand Not So Generic As If They All Look And Feel The Same
    3.) First Officer To Captain ? Or Control Of Multible Ships With Our Extre Bo's In Control Any Update You Can Let Us Know About Please?
    4.) OPEN UP EARTH WITH A LARGER ZONE BY ADDING STARFLEET COMMAND HQ AND FEDERATION COUNCIL HQ SECTION OF THE ZONE WHERE A FEDERATION SHIP IS BEING CONSTRUCTED WOULD BE COOL ALSO. MORE PLANETS BEING DONE WOULD MAKE LOSS OF STORY NOT AS DEPPRESSING
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Why do you not get any rewards when you fly to systems and complete missions in the Tau Dewa sector block? I've played some of the missions and only received expertise when killing NPCs. They are not giving drops or marks and they are not listed in the mission journal though they are not really as involved as the average mission in the mission journal. Either way even like 3 or 5 marks would be cool. There is one where you do a simulated battle with a Fed starbase as a training scenario for a few minutes, I didn't get anything for completing it.

Also, when can we get more duty officer chains? That was something that really drew me into the DOff system more than anything else. I figured the new sector block would be a great opportunity for another duty officer expansion like with DS9. When I didn't see anything in the patch notes for new chains or doff packs, I was somewhat disappointed.

Actually, did you have something up your sleeve that got pushed back and is this why the Reinforcements pack promo was extended?
  • Options
    inhumanekitteninhumanekitten Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Conference room in ships, ship interiors, more character creation options, more costume options: Yes/No? When?

P.S. Love the Season 7 UI updates!
  • Options
    outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When will you issue an apology to the playerbase for deliberately lying to them?

When will you sit down and figure out an appropriate solution to your clear problems as stated in dev blog 17?

There are actual reasons behind what you did. But how it was done and the method undertaken enraged the playerbase to levels i've only seen twice. The EVE Drone nerf, (which killed a lot of gallente players at the time) and Age of Conan in general.

When will you lower Z store prices on Fleet ship Modules or Ships in general?

Will there be more KDF ships (Finally?) After so many federation ships have been released?
  • Options
    mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Trait reset? I believe it has been more than 3 months now since you said you were going to nail it down, so what is the progress in that area?

Are you ever going to fix the support ticket system? IT has been broken for a year, probably more, what is up with that? Complete lack of support is a travesty and a sign of a company that is pinching their pennies, what do you plan on doing to fix this? Ontop of that, there appears to be a complete lack of support staff, in terms of population per support member are there any plans to increase your support department?

Are you ever going to remove the exploited "Report Spam" Feature that people use to get players muted for 24 hours for reasons that are not actual spam, but simply what people dont like to see?

And Dilithium? We can't handle your idea of what is acceptable Dilithium income. Can you improve upon that in a way that players don't feel like STO is a full time job?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • Options
    bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why can't ther be just two in-game currencies, energy credits and zen?
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    - Is the Steamrunner eventually going to make an appearance in the z-/c-store? It's a lovely ship, I'd be willing to pay money, but no way I'm going to sign up with Steam.

- Can we expect the C-/Z-store to get some love again in the future? IIRC, in the past months, we got tons of ships, costumes and items through the Fleet system (~35 ships), Lobi store (3 ships, 4 shuttles) or lockboxes (~13 ships), but only 3-5 through the good, old store...

- What is the reason behind embassy provisions we have to replicate and contribute to the new embassy system. We buy them with Fleet Credits and contribute them as we buy them. Wouldn't it be easier to scrap the new currency again and let us contribute Fleet Credits directly?
  • Options
    vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When it comes to picking and answering the questions for Ask Cryptic, is there any chance that questions won't just be the nice soft fluffy questions that you want asked? And then is there any chance that the answer will actually answer the question and not just be another piece of shoddy marketing?
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    WHEN (not "if" ;) ) there is new Klingon content released, will we finally be able to make use of the court house in the First City? (Undiscovered Country, ENT: Judgement ;););) )

Will there be improvements to sector space as it is now? For instance, improved sector block maps (the current ones are very very ugly) and easier travel between sector blocks?

One sector space to rule them all - Still on the RADAR?

When will STF: Terradome and all the "lost" fleet actions (Fluidic Space, Crystalline Catastrophe, DS9 under Siege) be remastered? Is this still on the good ol' RADAR? Is the general notion of "remastering" old content (like "The Doomsday Device") still viable?
  • Options
    derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    chikahiro wrote: »
    aloha!

I've Long Loved Cryptic's "choose Between Good And Good" Philosophy With Gear/equipment In Their Games. When I Was Starting Off As A New Mmo Player, Other Games Often Had Bonuses And Penalties Associated With Things, Which Was A Little Overwhelming! Whereas With Cryptic, It Usually Seems Like Everything Is Good, But You Have To Decide What You'll Be Good At, Thus Creating A Simple Opportunity Cost Versus A More Weighty Pros Vs Cons Evaluation.

That Said, I've Now Been Playing Mmos For 7 Years. While I Still Love And Admire Cryptic's Straightforward, No-nonsense Method, I Do Wonder If Its Time To Maybe Toy With Things That Have A Little More Complexity To Them. Perhaps Some "experimental" Set That Has A Nice Set Of Bonuses That Are Countered By Non-trivial Penalties As A Result.

In Short, Give Yourselves A Bit More Freedom To Make Powerful, But Challenging, Sets.

Would Love To See More Planets Get Overhauls Andoria ,earth And So On There Must Be A Way To Let One Person Go In And Redevelop These Planets And Over Time Embassys Can Be Set Up There And Will Open Up More Zones Like New Romulas There Must Be One Person Who Could Do This Im Sure In 30 Days One Dev Can Have A Planet Zone Complete One Planet A Month 12 Planets A Year That Right There Makes Up For Story Content Loss
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Are the Peghqu' and Chimera Heavy Destroyers going to be remaining exclusive to 1000-day veterans and life-time subscribers or do you plan to release a 10-console version into the Fleet Shipyards at some undisclosed date? Currently they are the only exclusive ship to lack a 10th console slot, and the recent release of the Steamrunner seems to indicate that all exclusive ships, and not just the lockbox ones, will be released with 10 consoles so that they can remain exclusive.
  • Options
    jmar1973jmar1973 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Will we see the Ambassador Class Anytime soon?
    Vice Admiral John J Martin Jr.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Will there be the chance in the near future for Captains to assign designated Bridge Officers to command specific ships and or attain the "Captain" rank?
  • Options
    captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vorga113 wrote: »
    When it comes to picking and answering the questions for Ask Cryptic, is there any chance that questions won't just be the nice soft fluffy questions that you want asked? And then is there any chance that the answer will actually answer the question and not just be another piece of shoddy marketing?

We will see. I've asked different questions during many different Ask Cryptics. None of my questions have ever been selected.
  • Options
    dariusloreleidariuslorelei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello Mr. Dstahl,

Many of us within the community and much of the games player base, roughly 90%, are using Intel Intergrated Graphics. After Season 7 was pushed to live many players have reported the game flickering every few minutes before crashing their systems and causing a forced restart. What I am about to ask is a question that is largely repeated by your community:

When will this bogged coding in the Season 7 graphics be rectified so that systems that use Intel Graphics will once again be able to play Star Trek Online like pror to Season 7?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Just as we've seen in the various Star Trek series,sometimes officers take on new assignments and commissions on other ships and/or stations.
    Sometimes I've developed a Bridge Officer to a certain point,and just feel the need to start fresh with a new one..However,I've wanted to do so without deleting the one I've personalized and worked with for awhile,seeing as how I personally like to tweak my Boffs with biographies,etc.So I've got a few extra Boffs that I don't necessarily want,but don't want to "kill off."
    Is there any possiblilty of creating a "Free Agent" (My term,couldn't think of a better one at the moment) system whereby Captains looking for a seasoned Boff may find one,or perhaps even trade,depending on a Captain's needs?
  • Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Any chance we can get a Type-11 Shuttlecraft in the game? Also, I think the Klingons need some more ships. Any chance they'll be coming soon?
    76561198160276582.png
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Will we be seeing more episodes content? Season 7 was said to be all about story content; but all we got was a new adventure zone (repeatable dailies) and system patrols (still just dailies). I would like to see some more episode content in order to call "The season all about story."
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can we get a straight answer regarding a Romulan faction? Is one in the works? If not... why? If so, will it be a full faction (we have a new zone where we could start and everything already)? If not, again, why not?

Any chance on at least releasing the ships? Even as a 3 pack (BoP, Mogai, D'deridex) would be preferable to us having nothing. Us Romulan players are really clamoring for some ships or something at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Tier 5 C-Store Excelsior Class is sold with the attraction of being able to transwarp to any sector in the game. However, it is currently unable to transwarp to Tau Dewa, Zeta Andromida, Gamma Orionis, Pelia, or Orellius. Will we ever see this C-Store ship updated to reflect the additional sectors that have been added to the game since it was released?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    misskoryamisskorya Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dear Mr. Stahl,

Are we ever going to see the Ambassador-class? I know a long time ago when this game was still a newborn you mentioned it, and Enterprise-C [I'm a Fangirl of the Ent-C Era], but all I've gotten are fumes of rumors regarding the Ambassador, so will we ever see her in all her Ent-C glory?

Additionally, will we ever see any of the 'Best of Both Worlds"/ "Wolf 359" graveyard ships, such as the Niagara/New Orleans/Springfield in-game? I mention this only because as an Engineer, I want to get me hands on these ladies' nacelles.

P.S.

Will the Klingons ever get more science oriented vessels? My Orion hasn't been leveled since just after the first year anniversary. Thanks.
    Stormwarden Tessara Tharneth

Hellbringer Mera Smoak

Classes Wanted: Druid | Monk | Bard | Sorcerer | Barbarian
    Races Wanted: Half-Orc | Gnome | Warforged
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When will we be able to cross faction team up in warzones like defera etc?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    stealthriderstealthrider Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When are you planning on selling bypasses to the Reputation system time gates? If that is not the plan, then why implement such a stupid system in the first place?
  • Options
    redlead3rredlead3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Have you got any news about the fleet event window bug?

Formerly redleader - Real join date is July 2008
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Now I see why you posted "what do you want in 2013", dstahl. You knew what was coming for S7 and you knew it was straight from China Trek Online and that we wouldn't like it.

In 2013, you had better focus on US and not your parent company.

I want to know, based upon the poll you gave, what your priorities are for 2013 that focus on what WE, your paying customers, want. In whatever you implement, do you plan on following more of China's S7 template or will you finally focus on PvP and Klingon content like you have promised for almost 3 years?

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    halfblack1halfblack1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Will the B'tran daily go away?
This discussion has been closed.