test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: November 2012 - Submit Your Questions, Please!

Comments

• Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Who earned their degree in Economics and came up with the Dilithium Crystal mess created in Season 7? Higher dilithium prices on things like exchanging junior officers, and lower amounts coming out of instances? And this is suppose to help us?

And how about this for a question: Why is it that we have to experience tons of issues (i.e., lack of being able to change bridge officers) after large projects like this even after all the testing?
  • Options
    mattjcasemattjcase Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When will the Ambassador class starship coming out? I know alot of people think that it is not worth it since there are a ton of cruiser class ships in the game, but I think it is part of the history of the Enterprise, that little is known about. We only see once and it get little play, unlike the excelsior class version of the Enterprise.
  • Options
    tybarious11tybarious11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When will the saucer separation for the Galaxy X Dreadnought be release and will it cost zen to obtain?
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    1: With all the changes to Dilithium of late, do you ever plan on lowering the cost of the Starbase special projects? My fleet have mostly abandoned the game now after finding it too grindy with the launch of season 6 and being the only one left, 200,000 for small cosmetic changes is really too steep.

2: Would you ever consider having 'open rewards' for missions. By this I mean that all endgame content offers Dilithium, Fleet Marks, Romulan Marks, Omega Marks and then the player gets to chose which they would like upon completing the mission? Personally I feel this would allow players to chose their own path in the game instead of being funnelled into one or two select areas because we need to grind for fleet marks, or Dil etc.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    lanceandragon#1584 lanceandragon Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Some of the missions in Tau Dewa and on New Romulus seemed like excellent places to get additional rewards or alternate ways of completing missions via having high levels of certain CXP (i.e. the swap meet mission on Nequenica, and a couple of the unlocked story mission). Diplomacy rank can be checked in some conversation options, has this tech not been extended to the other CXP categories?

Will We see a Romluan themed DOff expansion set soon like the one that was released with the 2800 featured episode series?
  • Options
    thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Any chance a 5-tac console fleet ship becoming available to KDF? Fed side I have the choice of Fleet Defiant or Fleet AE if I want to max out my damage, but on KDF I don't have any options.

Also, when will the ability to customize the appearance on T4 Marauding BOffs be fixed?
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    What are your plans to bring people back to the foundry? 1440 dilithium for a minimum 1 hours worth of playing, isn't worth the time of day to most people.
    Yes, we get that you wanted to stamp out the one click missions, but you effectively took a bulldozer to it instead and went overkill to the point no one will bother....
  • Options
    lordhooklordhook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    omfg4202 wrote: »
    This just appeared on Star Trek Online facebook page:

Quote:
    Hello Captains! Do you have a question you would like to ask Star Trek Online Executive Producer Daniel Stahl? Ask it on our forums through the link below.
    and then the following comments:

Quote:
    Why don't you read the following forum thread? "Cryptic's compromise - are we happy with it?"

To summarize it, a lot of people are not accepting this feint as compromise. They want an apology for these dirty tactics and for lying to us. They want you to look at the elephant still in the room, the giant dilithium paywall and multiple resource-heavy mutually exclusive development paths you're still forcing on us, increasing the overall hassle of earning STF loot by a thousand percent. They want to know why you are so keen to force us to play the game in ways we don't enjoy and charge us a hefty fee for it?

/10 amazing chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1. Champions Online recently saw vehicles added to the game, will we see some vehicles of our own soon now that we're adding open zones like New Romulus?

2. There are still no kdf fleet ships that qualify for the C-store discount like the federation's Defiant, Galaxy, and Intrepid. When will this be addressed?

3. The Armitage, the Vesta Bundle, the Steamrunner, while these are all ships people have wanted in game it has been a time since we got a unique KDF ship (the 1000 day ship aside) when can we expect to see a new KDF ship. [hint]Ferasan Assault Carrier[/hint].

4. Fleet Special Projects are still not worth the effort of gathering 200K dilithium, no functionality comes out of them, it's just a grind rush for aesthetic changes, when will this be addressed by either redoing the prices or adding functionality to the projects?

5. We know one's coming, so can you tell us what's going to be in the Holiday Lock Box?

6. Speaking of the Holidays, will the races be returning in addition to new events? I still have a race to turn in from last year. Will we see more scarfs, or even more holiday like costumes?
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    2 questions:

Are there any new plans for the Duty Officer System?

Are there any plans to open the Gateway API for us to integrate with?

Thanks
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    masterguidamasterguida Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Two Questions, you can choose one lol

1) Will we get to see the Voth?(or at lease considered?) The species from Earth that traveled tot he Delta Quadrant? They have Slipstream drives. (VOY Distant Origin)

2) Will the Fan made ship, The Ascension Class, be considered for a playable ship?
  • Options
    joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    are you guys gonna do another design a new starship contest? that was kinda fun even if i didnt win
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • Options
    husnock1husnock1 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I, too, am curious about the Winter Event.

For one thing, will the old scarves be coming back? I only have them for one toon and would like to outfit the rest as well.

Also, when's the next new KDF (Z-Store or otherwise) ship coming out?

P.S. Here's one for ya (since the Tech Support thread is getting NO attention): When will the game be playable again? It's booting me left and right since today's patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Are there any plans to give Fleet leaders more and better information about who does what and when for things like contributions to Fleet banks, projects etc?

Could you also add ways that this information could also be exported out?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Is there a timeline of what and when extra functionality will be rolled out to the STO Gateway?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Are there any plans to give Fleet leaders more control on the total amounts one person can add to fleet projects in a day?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    As even Microsoft are moving to doing everything in 64bit... are there any plans in moving the game client away from 32bit?
  • Options
    russell1997russell1997 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Will there be a better way to get Purple Mk XII ship tactical energy consoles? Like Antiproton mag regulator, Phaser Relay, disruptor induction coil, and ect...

Children's Toys is too random and exchange is too expensive.

I know you said sci consoles were coming to fleet/embassy system but what about tac consoles as these are more sought after?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Can there be away to skip the basic tutorial for the KDF that will take us to level 21 if we have already completed it for one character on our account like we can do on the Fed side?
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dan,

A long time ago, we were able to test out ships on TRIBBLE by acquiring them from the "Requisition Experimental Ship" console. The last ships added to test like this was the Oddysey Pack, and I was wondering if you plan to add the other recently released ships, like the Vesta and Steamrunner, so that we can try them out before we buy them?
  • Options
    russell1997russell1997 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There was talk (I guess about a year ago) about action figures of our characters and maybe some other merchandising. Are there still any plans to do this?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Why don't all C-Store ship have their own bridges?
    Has/is any development time going to be allocated to bring these out?
    Especially with the amount that is paid out for ships like the Vesta!
  • Options
    stormwaltz2stormwaltz2 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With Season 7's reduction of dilithium sources, its increase in starbase project DOff requirements and the concomitant inflation of DOff-recruitment assignment costs, and the addition of new starbase-like Romulan projects, my small fleet (3-6 active players) find we can no longer make any appreciable progress. We've been working steadily since July 20, but have yet to even reach a Tier II starbase.

Can anything be added to specifically address the dilithium needs of the increasingly marginalized small fleets?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Are the accolade points ever going to count towards anything?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Can the timer for the tribbles eating food be increased when playing missions? I can be doing a mission and get the food that I want for a fleet project, but by the time I finish the mission I have another Tribble and no food for the fleet projects! :(
  • Options
    sfhqsfhq Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Are there plans to expand the foundry to include control of music via triggers or other methods?

Music is a major part of a story, and having the wrong music for a scene can hurt a story quite a bit.
    ---
    "We are the Borg. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."
    Sincerely,
    The Cube Assimilating Your Ship Right Now
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Elite STF MK 12 weapons.

As I understand it, the Borg procs don't work against certain assimilated ships, like Raptors, birds of prey, and including scimitars. Is this true?

If it is:
    Given you had to run these missions on elite, then get the proto tech drop on a chance, this gear deserves to get some sort of fix. Players spent time getting this stuff.

You say you want to reward players who grind for dilithium, by making dilithium a time based currency, a thing of value.
    But then we have this issue, which seemingly contradicts this.
    And yet this situation persists, without any dev feedback, whilest, dilithium has all your attention.

What can we expect to be done about this?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    with the federation getting the vesta and the steamrunner, why didn't the kdf get anything?

i think that would have been a good time to introduce the kvort, a bop that trades turn rate for hitpoints, like maybe an 18 turn with 29k hitpoints and a .85 shield mod. the brel model could literally just have been reused, there wouldn not even have needed to be any new art created.

fleet marks in pvp?

out of all the wraper missions, it proboly takes the longest time to compleat the pvp wrapers then any other. pvp is the original fleet content and diserves them. could we pleas have 50 added to the pvp daily? makes more sense then the foundry getting them

will there be any new pvp maps before or during season 8?

this would be a very modest thing that you guys could do for pvp. there are several mapes in pve missions that i think would make good backdrops to some arenas or cap and holds. the shuttle mission in the gamma quadrant and the space map in the 'alpha' mission would make good cap and hold maps
  • Options
    kyhas1kyhas1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What other reputation systems/associated story lines are you bringing into STO in the future if your able to talk about any?
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I guess I'll try this here...in no particular order..

Dear Ask Cryptic,

Why isn't the Foundry able to be used to create Private PVP maps yet?

Every Season PVP gets placed on the Possible updates block, only to get put asside, are you ignoring PVP?

Why can't Omega Marks be earned via Ker'rat, Ortha, etc..?

A few months back (might have been a year ago) a new open PVP situation reguarding Klingons attacking convoys in non Klingon space and Federation players being given the oppertunity to assist the Convoys. What ever happened to that?

Do you actually have an update on when new PVP updates are going to be worked on?

Signed by a concerned PVPer,
    Teapower/Web Death/Kilawpilath
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.