test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (November 13, 2012) - The Launch of Season 7: New Romulus

Comments

• djones484djones484 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Will this be from 4:00 onwards in the u.k??????
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Less than an hour and half to go (bearing any shenanigans)! Instead of refreshing you could follow me on Twitter (link my sig) and have my tweets pushed to your phone (standard text messaging and data rates may apply :cool::P) -- then you'll know the latest news wherever you are!

(Could I have used any more brackets?)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You guys have an equivalent to Scotty in your computer room? I can hear him now: "She won't hold captain !"
    And Dan replies, Engine room, we need season 7 NOW ! ! !

The server's are buckling ! !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• sonofmccoysonofmccoy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You guys have an equivalent to Scotty in your computer room? I can hear him now: "She won't hold captain !"
    And Dan replies, Engine room, we need season 7 NOW ! ! !

The server's are buckling ! !

LOL Speaking of Scotty, they should tell us it's going to take like 8 hours. That way, when it takes 6, we'll think they're miracle workers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roger420freitasroger420freitas Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just drink this... It's green (Aldebaran Wiskey)
    42?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just came up with a great suggestion for a future feature.

I would like to call it Rent-o-kill.

Basically, I think people should have the option to put zen into projects in a new building, lets call it the "Bug Store".

Basically I understand that even though the staff have doubled in number that it still almost impossible for them to go back over the game and fix all those legacy bugs.

So why not get players to contribute Zen to a specific bug project. For example that age old bug that kicks you out of an STf if you are in orbit of a planet!

I reckon about 20 Million Zen per project is fair :).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • finiesfinies Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *Grabs Popcorn and sits in a lawn chair. Offers the chair next to him for the other person that thinks all of this whining is funny to watch*

Oh Oh .. i will bring the soda
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited November 2012

(Could I have used any more brackets?)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Parentheses --

These are brackets: --> [brackets]

Now get that info about the unknown ship out there!
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    Although I have three different characters, I have a hard time with keeping up with two of them. *sigh* After I played through the episodes twice, I found it taxing to do half of them for a third time. How in the world did you stave off boredom caused by repetition?

Really there are quite a few things that you are missing my point on and a lot of it has to do where the game was at when I first started that is no longer an issue with the game now. The first thing is that back then you couldn't get in any ship whatever ship you spec'd for was the ship you used. Then on top of that if you really liked one race and were a big Star Trek fan a lot of us with nothing to do for end game just made one of every class for each race that you really liked. So with me I made one of each race and then the ones I really liked I made one for each class and is how you had no end game content and 20 characters.

Although it would be nice if you've been around long enough to be able to purchase a skip to 50 option after doing it so many times like I have LOL :)

Again though if you are a big star trek fan and thats all the game offered thats what a person would do LOL :)
  • doghou5edoghou5e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    "Star Trek: Online" is not a race to build a fleetbase. Its a place to have fun.

This is what I'm hoping with the coming of season seven and completely agree.

I think with the grind upon added grind it may look bleak at first glance but it may ultimately work in our favour with future added Reps serving to dilute the game a little further down the road.

In my opinion it begins to shift the focus back to the individual a bit more, rather than just being a nameless star base feeder in a massive fleet I can now chose to work on developing my Captain and regain some sort of personal identity.

Star Trek Online should be an adventure where you are lead in your own little story, not someone who just logs in, tries desperately in vain to contribute to a fleet base project without any luck then wanders off deflated.
  • darwin789darwin789 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I keep forgetting people have over two to three characters. Since I am only using one KDF and two Federation characters, I have limited myself to a conservative experience. Even though I am using the free to play system, I am investing a lot of physical money into zen. Limiting myself to a handful of characters allows me to get more bang for my buck.

Perhaps your problem is something else? If you have multiple avatars running, perhaps you have too many of them? Why are you giving yourself more work to do?

"Star Trek: Online" is not a race to build a fleetbase. Its a place to have fun.

Nah, my few real-life friends fleet is doing just fine, we are currently upgrading starbase to Tier 3 and are progressing without any pressure. We used ours extra characters (4 of them in total) just to pick up doff recruitment assignments and do dailies at the academy for little extra dilithium and fleet marks - won't be able to do that anymore due to Investigate officer reports (daily) changes. Otherwise, we would still be somewhere at Tier 2 upgrade :D This took only ~5 min of our time per day so it wasn't a problem. In fact, I'm not complaining about starbase requirements at all, we choose not to join some big fleet and now we deal with it in our own way. I was just trying to show you you are wrong about that "fleet doffs are enough to run projects", that's all.
  • jeffrikerjeffriker Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sonofmccoy wrote: »
    LOL Speaking of Scotty, they should tell us it's going to take like 8 hours. That way, when it takes 6, we'll think they're miracle workers.

I agree. They should always tell us in that form. 100% behind this statement ^^ If you can learn one very good thing from Scotty then it is: Always tell you need 1 - 2 hrs longer than it would really need, so you have no one on your neck ;) and you can make ppl happy when you?re ready earlier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice Admiral, Deputy Chief of Staff, Starfleet Tactical Science Department -=~SfTSD~=-
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    Parenthesis --

These are brackets: --> [brackets]

Now get that info about the unknown ship out there!

And this is why I should have gone to bed early and/ or at least had coffee this morning. Yes, those are parentheses. :o

New info about the unknown ship will actually make it's way here via the community :) You'll see why.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • slick97477slick97477 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It would seem several million zen might be appropriate except the fact they would find a way to tax it too so we couldnt do anything with therefore giving them the reason and excuse to ignore the legacy bugs that have been there forever.
    If they make something idiot proof. They will come out with better idiots
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In about 45 minutes THOUSANDS of Vesta's are gonna blink into existence all around the
    galaxy, about fifteen or so later, half are gonna blow up for one reason or another... ;)
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And this is why I should have gone to bed early and/ or at least had coffee this morning. Yes, those are parentheses. :o

New info about the unknown ship will actually make it's way here via the community :) You'll see why.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Unknown ship ship? You mean the Vesta?
    What did I miss?
    Somebody Link Me Something!!! :D
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    I'm with the guy who said it's probably the Ambassador class at long last. It would indeed make sense with the addition of the Narendra system. Been hoping for that ship since launch, so fingers crossed.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

wow.. what's that ship Brandon??? I need to know it!!!
    It's the Ambassador isn't it? Or will you save it for STO 3rd anniversary?

EDIT: how is the upgrading process going? How are your server hamsters?
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Oh what a tease, your teaser you!
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Patching 1272MB's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited November 2012
    You should be able to patch your STO launchers now :) Season 7 incoming!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Oh the joys :(
    I need a beer.

• captaintexas1captaintexas1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Patching now!!! Go baby go!!
  • clamyfishstickclamyfishstick Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That new dillithum amount for Doffs is unacceptable. It's bad enough you people are ripping us off EVERYWHERE else but seriously? With standard doff packs? We could get better doffs for less dillithium in several other places and most of them wouldn't be random!
    That new amount is just obscene and no less than highway robbery, for shame Cryptic.
    You've just let PWE make you even less decent yet again... just like how you've managed to bring back the marks system you were so eager to get rid of and replace with your horrible dillithium scam... now there are how many currencies in the game? Most of which are either a nasty amount of grinding unsuitable to anyone with a life or a job or a family or something you have to pay exorbitant amounts of real money for?

This game is really pushing what I'm willing to take... as someone who played non-stop since the Beta, without any major complaints, that's saying a lot. but there's only so much EVIL I can take with my Star Trek... license alone doesn't make you Trek, using what Trek stood for does, and you people have let PWE turn you into greed monsters... evil, greedy, corporate garbage. Seriously, what would the Cryptic of 2010 think about the Cryptic of now? I bet it'd be totally ashamed of what's become of STO... for that matter, so would Gene Roddenberry... probably not Majel though... she was terribly greedy...
    edited November 2012
    Unknown ship ship? You mean the Vesta?
    What did I miss?
    Somebody Link Me Something!!! :D

https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko/status/268199294992007170
    I'm with the guy who said it's probably the Ambassador class at long last. It would indeed make sense with the addition of the Narendra system. Been hoping for that ship since launch, so fingers crossed.

It's not the Ambassador (Geko said it is coming though! Just not yet.), it's not in a Lockbox, it is a Fed ship, it's not available for purchase in the C-Store, but it's not free, and it is a special promotion. Hmmmmmm :eek:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Flash525

4 hours to gain the 8k cap = unacceptable and i'll uninstall. I can not and will not put 4 hours per day in this game just for things i actually require in some cases.

I dont think i'll be the only one. I've been very worried that It would take the timeframes you want to get anything worth having.
    Heh, make no mistake about it. I am appalled at the standing we've got with Season 7. What I posted was a mere compromise (it's going to take longer than 4 hours to get 8k in Dilithium at this rate anyway).

Come Season 8 I think I'll have joined you in quitting STO.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • sonofmccoysonofmccoy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In about 45 minutes THOUSANDS of Vesta's are gonna blink into existence all around the
    galaxy, about fifteen or so later, half are gonna blow up for one reason or another... ;)

Majel Barrett voice: Starfleet takes no responsibility as to the safety of prototype vessels used at a captains own discretion. All sales are final. Side effects include void-where-prohibited.com. Enter warp at your own risk. Engage impulse engines at your own risk. Activate weapons at your own risk. Leave drydock at your own risk. The tractor beam will be delivered next Tuesday. Don't push the red button. Please do not... error. Unexpected end of file. Please run full diagnostic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    HOLY SH*T that can't be right? 4GB of patch?!
    I need a beer.

• zetaeffrittzetaeffritt Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yea!!! go patch go :D
  • guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Stop that please my heart won't handle it!!! Just say what's that ship please!
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

i have just patched but it downloaded nothing , it did however copy it from the tribble install so this is cheating is it not ? . although tribble did download 147mb's worth
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
This discussion has been closed.