test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else having an issue logging in? (Resolved!)

Comments

• ragsyragsy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    psymantis wrote: »
    I was logged in and playing fine but ~7 minutes ago I tried to dock at ESD and it's still loading.

If I start the client again it won't connect.

It probably tried to download a file from the patch server, failed, freaked out and phasered itself.
  • rondrosrondros Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah. I am not sure why some people can login and others cannot. The route we take is different up until we hit the US, then we all take the same path as we approach the servers.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've updated the thread a few times and will continue if there are new developments. There are still players in-game, and logging in, so it's not affecting everyone. The team is working non-stop to try and resolve the issue -- it's their top priority :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

ty sir kick some bum and take some names.

why is captin kirk climbing a mountian?!?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've updated the thread a few times and will continue if there are new developments. There are still players in-game, and logging in, so it's not affecting everyone. The team is working non-stop to try and resolve the issue -- it's their top priority :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for keeping us update, man. It's greatly appreciated. I do hope you guys get it fixed up soon, but even if you don't, I fully believe you're working hard.

Someone mentioned reinstalling the game, and honestly? I'd be totally cool with it if the fix was as simple as taht :P
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

If you guys fix it in the next 10 minutes! I'll sub life. Otherwise you get silver from me!... or some kind of angry threat. With 100% less anger, and threat, because I love this game too much.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The issue should be resolved. Can you let me know if you're still seeing the error?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Yepper. I am still seeing the error.
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for keeping us update, man. It's greatly appreciated. I do hope you guys get it fixed up soon, but even if you don't, I fully believe you're working hard.

Someone mentioned reinstalling the game, and honestly? I'd be totally cool with it if the fix was as simple as taht :P

Didn't work for me. Reinstalled steam version, couldn't connect. Reinstalled non-steam version, couldn't connect.
  • themrmushroomthemrmushroom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    still the same error for me... thinking maybe somebody over at perfect world tripped over a cable and unplugged a cable somewhere
  • tristar0000tristar0000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah me either and im getting mad i was all set to play the game tonight and the one time im actually really into pvp and everything else this bs happens
  • joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well, guess this means its time to find something to watch other than this boring election TRIBBLE. Netflix here i come.
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • skiffy1skiffy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A proxy/VPN server worked for me.

*Connecting from Los Angeles through Time Warner Cable, using a Los Angeles VPN.
  • extremis0extremis0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    spesh* hes updating the forms cause he cant get in ether
  • joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    did someone forget to feed the hamster again?
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
    edited November 2012
    Also unable to connect to the Cryptic Studios website, so I'd venture a bet that their ISP for their servers is just plain derped up. I'd be curious to know who their ISP for their servers is, and if they're having issues or downtime today.
  • rabidredneck02rabidredneck02 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Haven't been able to connect for a couple hours now. It was right in the middle of patching at 68.8% when it stopped. And I can't connect to the cryptic sto site similar to others, have to get through the perfectworld system.
    edited November 2012
    joshl7889 wrote: »
    did someone forget to feed the hamster again?

they just might have.....
  • inputend21inputend21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It seems people without tribble cant log in.
  • sixfootthreesixfootthree Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Home from work ready to play sto, drink beer and have good times... No STO, half a liter of JD down, board with the election, and the only good times are reading the posts. GO TEAM GO!! fix it before im to drunk to play tonight!
    edited November 2012
    ragsy wrote: »
    Also unable to connect to the Cryptic Studios website, so I'd venture a bet that their ISP for their servers is just plain derped up. I'd be curious to know who their ISP for their servers is, and if they're having issues or downtime today.

the website works fine for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    inputend21 wrote: »

I have tribble as well as my girlfriend, and neither of us can log in. Perhaps its just silver members that cant log in?
  • meraruumeraruu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    im currently in the us, on the east cost, i did a tracert, the packet whent 14 hops and made it to the server successfully made it to the server in 90ms, i also did a stability test on the route between me and the server and it was successful so its more then likely and issue on cryptics end and nothing caused by sandy.
  • michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2012

It seems people with Tribble can't log in, either
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
    edited November 2012
    So I decided to pass the time by playing Blacklight: Retribution. Only to discover I can't connect to it's lovely launcher patcher either.

*Head to desk.*
  • inputend21inputend21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have tribble as well as my girlfriend, and neither of us can log in. Perhaps its just silver members that cant log in?

I'm sorry,i meant people without tribble can log in....
  • cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I've got Tribble and I still can't log in.
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
    edited November 2012
    Home from work ready to play sto, drink beer and have good times... No STO, half a liter of JD down, board with the election, and the only good times are reading the posts. GO TEAM GO!! fix it before im to drunk to play tonight!

i will take that bet my money is on passed out or fall alseep before its back up.:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited November 2012

http://cogentco.com I believe.
  • kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Perhaps the ones who can still log on were the ones who got the pre=patch?
    Donno, just guessing...
    Still not working for me, I give up for now.
    I'll check back in a cple hrs...maybe just wait until tomorrow.
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
    edited November 2012
    So I decided to pass the time by playing Blacklight: Retribution. Only to discover I can't connect to it's lovely launcher patcher either.

*Head to desk.*

yea it seem to be with champs too havnt checked the rest.

anyone playd champs any good?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tomatosquish42tomatosquish42 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Glad to see it isn't just me...

Only get to the 12th hop before it starts timing out...
This discussion has been closed.