Install Arc

Season 7 Dev Blog #12

Comments

• jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    Weapons: 3 Fore, 3 Aft

hmpf

i know all Sci ships only have 6 weapon slots... and that is one of the reasons i DO NOT LIKE sci ships...

the SCI commander slot is another thing i don't like and it looks to me like all 3 versions come with the same BOff layout?

with only 6 weapons and probably a low amount of TAC console slots, where is the DPS supposed to be coming from?

i can make that a super tank that will never die, but won't kill anything on it's own.

and i'm not a fan of those weird crowd control effects in space at all

i already skipped on the Wells class because it was a Sci Heavy ship.... and i'm starting to see that this one is Sci heavy too. :(

i expected a Tac/Sci/Eng choice like with the Odyssey but here are only 3 SCI variants.
    and with 3 universal consoles ...the console slots won't matter much.

FOUR tac slots on the Aventine Variant:

Specific Class Stats (in addition to the base stats listed above)

* +10 Power to Auxiliary Systems, +5 Power to Weapon Systems
    * Console Modifications: 4 Tactical, 2 Engineering, 4 Science
    * Console ? Universal ? Quantum Field Focus Controller

Yeah -- it's gonna hit harder than any cruiser or science ship.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The Wells doesn't have 40 Extra Features (ok, its really 6) that aren't bulkheads. Its big on the outside, but most of that space is being taken up by lots of sensitive equipment and not deck plating.

Everybody knows Future time ships are bigger on the inside... that's how you get thicker hull on that. ;)
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pingahead wrote: »
    It has 10 Consoles so probably 2500-3000 ZEN, but after 2 years, they probably didn't bother adding a unique bridge. (Sound familiar <Regent>)

I think only lockbox ships come with a unique bridge included. The Odyssey was an exeption because it is the flagship. On variant will cost 2500zen, all three 5000.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Everybody knows Future time ships are bigger on the inside... that's how you get thicker hull on that. ;)

What are you talking about? the ships insides are only bridges... ;)
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lcdrmiller wrote: »

Please more! MORE screenshots, bigger screenshots of all the variants. (Sorry. :P )

Well, visuals is certainly something I can't be critical about here, great you added both back and forward swept pylons. ;)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Eh, I think I'll stick with my Armitage.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Be Silent!

We Science captains have been needing a serious leg-up for almost 9 months. We haven't had a decent science vessel that could do more than support since the RSV (Wells doesn't count, as a LB ship). I for one as a SCI Captain, welcome this ship, and I will be buying the full pack. Don't complain about "OP". My current RSV build is a DEMON, and a serious upgrade like this is just what I and other SCI caps needed.

Agreed. Vesta Class, welcome to the family/arsenal/collection/fleet.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pingahead wrote: »
    It has 10 Consoles so probably 2500-3000 ZEN, but after 2 years, they probably didn't bother adding a unique bridge. (Sound familiar <Regent>)

Since the Regent is literally my ship (she was born from my DTNE Entry), I'll throw up a Bridge Layout proposal for her.
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Random question, won't make me any likelier to buy it, but just out of curiosity... Bridge?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited October 2012
    Since the Regent is literally my ship (she was born from my DTNE Entry), I'll throw up a Bridge Layout proposal for her.

be interested to see that :)
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
    edited October 2012
    [*]Breaking a fan desired ship into three ships to sell for more money shows the price gouging is here to stay and increasing precipitously.
    [/LIST]

Not price gouging, balance.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What are you talking about? the ships insides are only bridges... ;)

Yeah... the rest is obviously hull and the big Honkin Omega 13 room in the bowels of the ship!
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    i did say ' may ' be toned down :p
    if it doesnt , it doesnt , but i imagine there will be a lot of feedback from the testers

No way will they tone it down = SALES DISASTER - if you want something to sell you don't but out info on what the customer will be getting and then lower that - that is a sales strategy from a company which goes bankrupt.

In all cases if anything is change once you tell people what they are getting - when its for sale you tell them they are getting MORE - that's how you get big sales.

So if Cryptic does not want to have a sales disaster they won't lower any of the stats they have released - if anything they would increase something before launch - that's standard winning sales strategy 101.
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    Random question, won't make me any likelier to buy it, but just out of curiosity... Bridge?

Same here.

Don't mind spending some money on good ships, but I'd be much more inclined to spend the money if this ship came with a sweet bridge. Like the Odyssey.

Additionally, I wouldn't mind if it was JUST a bridge, like was done for the Temporal Science Vessel, with access to all the Duty Officers via one console. In my mind, that was just plain awesome!

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
    edited October 2012
    psiameese wrote: »
    Vesta Line. Might we expect future trio's of Multimission Explorers in our future? ;)

Are their any stats suggested yet for the Quantum Field Focus Phaser?
    I wondered how distinct it is from the Phaser Lance of the Galaxy-X.

I noted that the primary hull is slightly different on the Radamaker. Is there a difference in costume between Aventine and Vesta as well? I couldn't really tell from the pictures.

The Vesta has curved pylons while the Aventine has horizontal pylons. Those were the most obvious I could see from the images.

Any chance of some more shots of these ships?
    edited October 2012
    branflakes has said no bridge that hes aware of , but no word aside from that .
    which is a shame , since theres already one designed for her

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=147672
    12th Fleet
  • lcdrmillerlcdrmiller Member Posts: 47 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012
    that doesnt help with the other two variants though :)

DOH! Sorry =P Adam created the variants, maybe he will post something soon.
    Jeff M.
    Environment Artist on Neverwinter Online
    Find me on Twitter
    edited October 2012
    DOH! Sorry =P Adam created the variants, maybe he will post something soon.

go poke him for us :)
    12th Fleet
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2012

sorry but still not good enough as you cannot see much detail :rolleyes: , and also i wont use twitter or facebook
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited October 2012
    well theres plenty of pics of the vesta out there , its primarily the aventine class and the rademaker class :)
    12th Fleet
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I don't believe it has a unique bridge. If I hear otherwise, I'll let you know in this thread.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Given the price tag; and the fact this is SUPPOSED to be the newest/most advanced ship in Starfleet - it really SHOULD have a unique bridge; (one would think.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hull Strength: 27,800

for the most advanced ship in the sto fed fleet is it not a low hull strenth ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited October 2012
    yes , but it has more than enough other things going for it , it needs to have a few cons to at least attempt to balance out the pros
    12th Fleet
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Here's my question:

Does each include an aux phaser cannon?

Can you use three aux phaser cannons, either one from each or multiple from reclaiming one of the ship?

Also, can other ships equip the aux phaser cannons?
    edited October 2012
    Here's my question:

Does each include an aux phaser cannon?

Can you use three aux phaser cannons, either one from each or multiple from reclaiming one of the ship?

Also, can other ships equip the aux phaser cannons?

as far as i can tell its the same as every other weapon that comes with a c-store or lockbox ship , in that its one of each kind per ship
    but this also means other ships that can carry dual cannons should be able to use them , like the quads from the defiant refit
    12th Fleet
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    for the most advanced ship in the sto fed fleet is it not a low hull strenth ?

It does have the super-nigh-invulnerable ship shields (Yes, you will not be able to return fire when using them, but hey, you won't blow up either ;)).
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i'm just gonna leave this here...

http://files.enjin.com/242485/news_images/FRC110212/lolvesta.jpg

...i hope you've all seen nemesis.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    as far as i can tell its the same as every other weapon that comes with a c-store or lockbox ship , in that its one of each kind per ship
    but this also means other ships that can carry dual cannons should be able to use them , like the quads from the defiant refit

Yeah. But my interest here is whether each ship, having a separate price tag, counts as a separate unique cannon or whether all three have the same one.

If it's three separate aux cannons that are individually unique equip, it's worth getting all three ships for a special build. Otherwise, it seems of questionable use since you can't have all of your forward weapons using aux power.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It does have the super-nigh-invulnerable ship shields (Yes, you will not be able to return fire when using them, but hey, you won't blow up either ;)).

So instead of blowing up, respawing and being back in place with full hull and shields you will - after the bubble goes down - blow up 20 sec later.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    tehjonel wrote: »
    i'm just gonna leave this here...

http://files.enjin.com/242485/news_images/FRC110212/lolvesta.jpg

...i hope you've all seen nemesis.

That is awesome. :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
This discussion has been closed.