What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Re: Lock Boxes (items, etc.), Lobi Store (items, etc.) and Master Keys

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I heard it was due to the initial lobi crystal mission where people could farm lobi crystals be deleting and creating alts. There are some items on the lobi store that can be transferred. The uniforms, ships, pets, and a few other items are transferrable. The temporal set and tholian EV set upgrade are not transferrable.
  • Options
    happymarvinhappymarvin Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    I heard it was due to the initial lobi crystal mission where people could farm lobi crystals be deleting and creating alts. There are some items on the lobi store that can be transferred. The uniforms, ships, pets, and a few other items are transferrable. The temporal set and tholian EV set upgrade are not transferrable.

Creating, doing the mission, transfering the 4 crystals you get, deleting toon, then repeating steps 1 through 4, would take days, even weeks, to collect enough Lobi to buy any of more useful stuff.

I would love the Lobis be account bound.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well to get things back on track...

I just spent my birthday money and wasted $30 of keys and got almost entirely worthless DOFF Packs..........I could've bought a couple of C-store ships for this ammount.

I was stupid to think I could end up with something good, instead I just get burnt. How foolish I am.
    I bought 150 Keys, with 0 dollars. So far I've used 30 of them. I've gotten 2 MU ships, 3 consoles, 2 polarized weapons, Fleet Marks, about 200 Lobi, and a bunch of DOFF Packs. So far it's been a great investment for me. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How many Alts are you running Cosmic1?

Just wondering.

I have only a few lower level ones and I was surprised at how fast the dill/ zen adds up. :)
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    starkaos wrote: »

Wouldn't have done them any good since Lobi has always been character bound.

Really, I think they should:

- Take the mission, make Lobi account bound.

OR

- Add a Lobi package to the Lobi store. The package is account bound. The package costs 5 Lobi. The package contains 5 Lobi. Anyone looking to transfer free Lobi would have an odd number and would need to open a lockbox to transfer any. The downside here is that it would leave characters with odd remainders and make it so that opening one lockbox on a character is unlikely to be transferrable. The upside is, OCD people will open lockboxes on alts until they have an even amount to transfer.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    How many Alts are you running Cosmic1?

Just wondering.

I have only a few lower level ones and I was surprised at how fast the dill/ zen adds up. :)
    I do all my Dilithium grinding with 4 VAs. I have 13 alts, in total, but they all do different things. Even with the 4 VAs I can make 17,000+ per day in just a couple of hours - and with decent DOFF rewards I can often go over 20,000 per day.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It seems that way...

The box ships making other ships look small. They got shiny new consols that over power c-store ship ones. They also seem to be better in everything else.

I don't want to gamble 100's on a virtual ship(and I'm not in reality their worth 1 dollar)

I mean yes from time to time I will buy a ship from c-store but NEVER will I take my chances with boxes.

I wish they would for once put a ship in the c-store equal or better than a box ship.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think we can all agree that Lobi should be account bound. Get rid of that stupid mission in Drozana so that we can get this over with already.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Every time a new ship gets released someone starts screaming over-powered about something. :) When all the new ships hit the C-Store they were all "OP" because of their Consoles. Now the Lockbox Consoles are OP. Blah, blah, blah. As I said in a thread yesterday, everything seems OP to someone: the people with C-Store ships seem OP to those using free ships. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Every time a new ship gets released someone starts screaming over-powered about something. :) When all the new ships hit the C-Store they were all "OP" because of their Consoles. Now the Lockbox Consoles are OP. Blah, blah, blah. As I said in a thread yesterday, everything seems OP to someone: the people with C-Store ships seem OP to those using free ships. :)

You make some good points.

But I have thought this since lock boxes were born.

But it seems that lock box ships are still the best.

Like that consol on the sovvy refit can never beat the consol on the wells. All I want is one ship in c store that equals the wells or any other box ship.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    The Wells is a Science Vessel - the least offensively powerful ships in the game. The Regent is a Cruiser. I think the Regent has a good chance of winning with it's Console and Torpedo. YMMV. :)
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I bought 150 Keys, with 0 dollars. So far I've used 30 of them. I've gotten 2 MU ships, 3 consoles, 2 polarized weapons, Fleet Marks, about 200 Lobi, and a bunch of DOFF Packs. So far it's been a great investment for me. :)

Well after using the strippened that luckfully popped, I managed to score a Mirror Qin and a Mirror Luna. (I was wanting the Qin for my Klingon Tactical). As well as some nice P-D, DHCs for my BoP. And a Rare Security with the melee boost. So guess at the end, I came out pretty good for only spent less than $40.

Though in the end, would've been nice to score a Timeship and all those nice goodies.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Oh yeah, nothing overpowered with a Science Ship with a LTC Slot with Science commander that has an ability to recover at the click of a button. I know of a guy who actually got killed in PvP and came back to life with that console's effect.

Or that Temporal Field snareing people and making them easy targets.

Yeah, not overpowered in the least! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I would not mind the lock boxes if it did not require 100's of dollars to get the ship in it. But it does and that's why I do not do them.

What I'm saying is I want a lock box type ship in the c store so I do not have to pay a ridiculous amount of money to get a box ship.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Oh yeah, nothing overpowered with a Science Ship with a LTC Slot with Science commander that has an ability to recover at the click of a button. I know of a guy who actually got killed in PvP and came back to life with that console's effect.

Or that Temporal Field snareing people and making them easy targets.

Yeah, not overpowered in the least! :rolleyes:
    My Engineer in a Luna uses Miracle Worker to recover with the click of a button all the time. I don't remember it being OP. Every Console can seem OP if you don't like it. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I would not mind the lock boxes if it did not require 100's of dollars to get the ship in it. But it does and that's why I do not do them.

What I'm saying is I want a lock box type ship in the c store so I do not have to pay a ridiculous amount of money to get a box ship.
    There are people spending $5.00 to get the ship. There are others spending hundreds. I bought 150 Keys for 0 dollars last week. I might win a Wells, or I might not. Either way I'm sure to get a Mobius out of it just from all the free Lobi.

Like everything in the C-Store, Keys are discounted by the Dilithium Exchange. So a Key can cost $1.25 or it can cost nothing - like mine did.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    You can like a consol and the consol can still be over powered
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hey nice rubbing in my face! Here, let me lie down so you can kick my ribs.
    I don't like kicking. I prefer to drive over you with my ATV. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    There are people spending $5.00 to get the ship. There are others spending hundreds. I bought 150 Keys for 0 dollars last week. I might win a Wells, or I might not. Either way I'm sure to get a Mobius out of it just from all the free Lobi.

Like everything in the C-Store, Keys are discounted by the Dilithium Exchange. So a Key can cost $1.25 or it can cost nothing - like mine did.

Some people are not patient using the methods of getting free zen and its very rare to get a box ship for 5 dollars
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Some people are not patient using the methods of getting free zen and its very rare to get a box ship for 5 dollars
    The odds of winning a ship are exactly the same whether you buy 1 Key or 1,000. Everyone has the same percentage chance. My best friend bought 5 Keys with Dilithium and won a Jem'Hard Bug on the 3rd Key he used. I've opened 30 Keys on Temporal Lockboxes and won 2 MU ships so far.

As far as patience, I have little pity for those who live in the immediate gratification realm. The game gives you virtually anything you want for free and asks nothing more then you play it.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I do all my Dilithium grinding with 4 VAs. I have 13 alts, in total, but they all do different things. Even with the 4 VAs I can make 17,000+ per day in just a couple of hours - and with decent DOFF rewards I can often go over 20,000 per day.

That's good to know.

It will be awhile before mine get to VA, but I'm trying out all those interesting preorder things I got like the TR-116A and the Veteran skin makes all the ships look Awesome.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I use the dil. Exchange(I make about 50 zen a day for now)

I'm planning to make 2 more character which gets me up to 70 something a zen a day(not to bad) but that does not rid me of wanting a lock box like ship in c store.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Also by MU do you mean the Terran ships for 300,00 on exchange or the temporal ships. There is a diffrence you know.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I use the dil. Exchange(I make about 50 zen a day for now)

I'm planning to make 2 more character which gets me up to 70 something a zen a day(not to bad) but that does not rid me of wanting a lock box like ship in c store.
    No, and nothing will ever rid you of wanting anything in life. Wanting is the foundation of success. :)

But still, even with your 50 Zen per day, you can buy a 10-pack of Keys every month and still have Zen left over. So you can take 10 chances at the ship - and slowly build up Lobi to the point where you might get a free ship in a year even if you don't win one. Slow and steady wins the race. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Also by MU do you mean the Terran ships for 300,00 on exchange or the temporal ships. There is a diffrence you know.
    Yes, I know they're different. My point was that I have 2 new ships for free. I can use them or sell them.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    But I heard the Terran ones drop a lot more often than the temporal ones
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    These are honestly the first things tied to lockboxes or the Lobi store that I would call dramatically underpowered.

I got the whip, which is nice inspite of low DPS because it has no resists. I got the energy sword, which is arguably the best melee weapon in the game.

So I use my monthly stipend to get some boxes to get my hands on the stasis pistol.

Let me say, it'd goof for one thing:

Being annoying in 2v2 PvP. That's it. Not even effective but just annoying.

The damage is low. You can't damage the person in stasis. The stasis only works once per enemy.

I thought about slowly stocking up to have an away team loaded with them but even if my BOs would stop firing at undamageble targets and all use their pistols on different targets, the damage would still be low.

The rifle doesn't look numerically impressive either.

These are vastly overpriced for what they are and I say this as an enthusiastic fan of the new ships and costumes.

If improving them isn't on the table, at least consider giving them the pretty beam effect of the Chroniton Dual Beam array tinted orange because the pistol doesn't stand out that much. The stasis effect looks like a standard stasis effect in game (whereas everything else with the TLB got a flashy time effect).

My gut feeling would be, understanding the PvP implications of buffing these, to:

- Give the two guns a set bonus with a cool power and a passive buff to both guns for equipping both, preferably a non-stacking team buff to encourage putting BOs in these.

- Allow the rifle to shoot a target in stasis, removing the stasis effect and counting as an exploit shot.

- Do the opposite of what you did with the Tholian ground set upgrade. There you had a Lobi option to upgrade earned gear... and that caused controversy. Do the reverse here. Allow people to upgrade the Lobi item to Mk XII purple quality with decent mods by turning in the pistol/rifle with 40 EDC a piece.

- Conversely, handle it like the Cardassian Galor Spinal Wave weapons.

Personally, I would trash the special abilities on these and remake them in the vein of the Space Spiral Wave Disruptors:

Relativity Chroniton Phasers
    (Same effect as the Chroniton space beams, tinted orange.)

Scales to Mk XII. Accuracyx2, Dmg x2. Like the spiral wave, gets a free hybrid proc too, this time Chroniton based.

So...

Beam Setting
    Phaser Damage
    36 Phaser Damage x2 (98 DPS)
    2.5% chance: +2 Stun
    -50% Runspeed
    2.5% chance: 6.8 Chroniton Damage
    +20% Accuracy

Stun Beam Setting
    Expose Attack
    Stuns Target
    19 Phaser Damage x2 (5.4 DPS)
    -50% Runspeed
    +2 Stun
    2.5% chance: +2 Stun
    -50% Runspeed
    2.5% Chance: 6.8 Chroniton Damage
    +20% Accuracy

Then maybe have a set bonus for the weapons that enhances team runspeed, say, passively by 5% with a 3 minute cooldown power that enhances team runspeed by 300% for 30 seconds and has a crazy time effect.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I think that those new Relativity weapons are underpowered because of the effect can be viewed as overpowered, especially in ground PvP where you effectively snare people.

Though I wish there was other means in able to get Lobi store items without paying millions of EC off the exchange by highwaymen or depending on Lockboxes or Dilithium (which is needed for Starbases).
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I think that those new Relativity weapons are underpowered because of the effect can be viewed as overpowered, especially in ground PvP where you effectively snare people.

Though I wish there was other means in able to get Lobi store items without paying millions of EC off the exchange by highwaymen or depending on Lockboxes or Dilithium (which is needed for Starbases).

Well, only the hand phaser has the stasis effect. The other one simply fires in a wider arc at the cost of two mods for a blue weapon.

And I think the stasis effect is really only relevant for PvP. It's BOTH arguably harmful for PvP and meaningless for PvE compared to the power loss.

It's meaningless for 1v1 PvP for the most part since you can't do anything to the enemy while the enemy is trapped.

The best I could come up with was to use it to stop a medic or freeze a boss while dealing with Lts with a weapon that is still underpowered. It doesn't appear to stop Thalaron weapons from doing damage while in stasis, for example.

I wish this could have remained its own thread because I imagine anyone who has the pistol would be fine with scrapping the stasis bonus for something useful and better stats.

After two amazing Lobi weapons (the sword -- energy damage against Borg without remodulations -- and the whip -- damage with no resists), this one is a dud. Which I think is a shame because I'd like to be totally 29th century outfitted me and my away team. Everything else 29th century is a force to be reckoned with but the phaser (and by the look of it, the rifle) are substantially less flashy and not well equipped for PvE.

Heck, I thought about getting an away team that's half-pistols and half-rifles but the effects aren't even beneficial since one removes targets from play and the other hits random extra targets, who may be damage immune because of the stasis effect.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Eh, I needed a break from the Fleet grind anyway.