What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1000 day Veteran Reward

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    godimas wrote: »
    VEKTOR?

lol, wonder if he is hinting at anything or just really sleepy.

Well if it's the Vektorprise, I hope he is just sleepy...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited October 2012
    jinto2976 wrote: »
    So My account reaches 1000 days in another 7. I have not heard about the actual details of what we will be getting. Does anyone know what ship we will be getting?

7 days? really? i though there was still about a month to go?

well... theres been nothing mentioned about them and youd think they'd try to "sell" people on subscribing for 1000 days by mentioning the "awesome" 1000 day ship varrient reward.

although i do see a disclaimer that all the rewards are subject to change.

btw, where do i see the subsciption info on this crappy site?
  • shakesfistatskyshakesfistatsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There's a whole thread in another forum with hints and everything...go take a look.
    I survived the 2012 Forum Merge - Join Date 11/2008
    edited October 2012
    There's a whole thread in another forum with hints and everything...go take a look.

if you mean that big convoluted mess of a thread.... .....

dont suppose you know where to find out how long we've been sub'd do ya?
    edited October 2012
    dont suppose anyone can point me in the direction of finding out how long we've been sub'd?
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    dont suppose you know where to find out how long we've been sub'd do ya?

At the very top of this plage, click on "My Account".:)
    edited October 2012
    misterde3 wrote: »

thank ya much :)
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    dont suppose anyone can point me in the direction of finding out how long we've been sub'd?

Click "My Account" at the top of the page. Scroll down. It'll tell you under the Subscriptions heading.

Vet rewards have always ticked off at x99.1 before, so the 1000 day reward should unlock just after you move past 999 Days subscribed. So for me (barring the reward being late, or them suddenly changing the system) it should unlock in four days as mine currently reads: Subscribed For: 995 Days
    edited October 2012
    It's a ship that apparently somehow transforms, is related to the word "Vektor", and it's one of the ships that was in the DTNE contest.

One of the podcasts will be showing screenshots of it early next week, and there will be a blog about it.

That sums up the info we have so far.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So it is the Vektor then? *sigh* Doubt I'll even claim it - the design is truly hideous and far removed from canon Trek ships - looks like I'll be flying my Excelsior 'til they switch the servers off... :(
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
    edited October 2012
    I guess you cant please everyone.
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    misterde3 wrote: »

Whilst this is accurate the accolades in game are a more accurate methods of tracking, the website is...unreliable in my experience.
  • flintl0ck33flintl0ck33 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So it is the Vektor then? *sigh* Doubt I'll even claim it - the design is truly hideous and far removed from canon Trek ships - looks like I'll be flying my Excelsior 'til they switch the servers off... :(

if you follow that line, then the defiant broke canon when it came out, having no nacelles or saucer section. Even the galaxy class design was pretty far removed from TOS when it came out.

The fact is ship designs will change as technology evolves..so each generation of ship will look different, not to mention the fact this is set years ahead of the tv series.
  • thebiggyjstothebiggyjsto Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    azerdraco wrote: »
    Some possibilities for Gold member rewards, since I believe anyone who denegrates a system should have an idea how it can be fixed:

GOLD Master Keys - one free per month to all Gold Members - allows you to open 10 lockboxes of your choice.
    Latinum Series Master Keys - available only to Gold members with 500 days or more - allows you to open any number of lockboxs of a particular series (Each series key sold seperately) - available for the price of a 10 pack of regular keys in the Z Store
    Latinum Master Key - K Series - A reward at 1000 days - Bound to Account, so it can be traded across characters - Allows unlimited opening of all lockboxes released up to and including the 1000 day mark of the game. (This means that the K1 series released with the 1000 day rewards would open Cardassian, Ferengi, and Tholian Lockboxes.)

the only way this would work is if

Gold Master Key - Opens one free box a month and would be purchased for 100,000 GPL or 150,000 Dilithium.

latinum Series Master Keys - Opens two boxes a month and would be a 500 day vet award.

Latinum Master Key - K Series - Opens four boxes a month (ie the number of key you can buy with your stipend) and is a 1000 day vet reward.

As nice as this would be I do not think you will ever see this in the game.
  • corsair114corsair114 Member Posts: 276
    edited October 2012
    PWE_Branflakes mentioned in a another thread that Monday would probably have a Blog containing the details of the 1000 day vet reward.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Monday is a holiday, plus it would scoop the P1 podcast = not saying it won't happen, but it's unlikely. Expect it Tuesday like most other ship info blog posts. Some people will be hitting 1000 on Wednesday, so it won't be any later than that.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    the only way this would work is if

Gold Master Key - Opens one free box a month and would be purchased for 100,000 GPL or 150,000 Dilithium.

latinum Series Master Keys - Opens two boxes a month and would be a 500 day vet award.

Latinum Master Key - K Series - Opens four boxes a month (ie the number of key you can buy with your stipend) and is a 1000 day vet reward.

As nice as this would be I do not think you will ever see this in the game.

Agreed. If Cryptic ever does something like this which is highly unlikely, then something like this would be done. They might change the amount of boxes opened per month, but it will never be unlimited since that would ruin the economy. Only way to not ruin the economy with unlimited keys would be to make every lockbox reward bind on pickup.
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
    edited October 2012
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Monday is a holiday, plus it would scoop the P1 podcast = not saying it won't happen, but it's unlikely. Expect it Tuesday like most other ship info blog posts. Some people will be hitting 1000 on Wednesday, so it won't be any later than that.

How many people who aren't federal employees get Columbus Day off?

EDIT: Also, I'm predicting the ship won't be available until Thursday or the Thursday after that, regardless of when people get to 1000 days. Not every reward is ready in time and Thursday is patch day, usually.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I appreciate the Bortas-styling to the new KDF ship, but it looks stumpy. Pass.

Oh god Vektorprise. Well, as long as they squished the underside into it a bit so it doesn't look as weird as the concept art, it might not be so bad. I mean, the top-down is actually kinda nice. It's that derpy-looking secondary hull that really gets me...
    edited October 2012
    Opinions vary but I love the thing. As I've said I have followed Vektor's art for a long time and I will be thrilled to fly his design.
  • hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited October 2012
    fed ship is somwhat a little odd looking. i am liking kdf ship better!
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The more I stare at it the more I find myself thinking the vektorprise would make a great replacement for that awful, awful Typhoon.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    corsair114 wrote: »
    PWE_Branflakes mentioned in a another thread that Monday would probably have a Blog containing the details of the 1000 day vet reward.

No, definitely did not say that :) We're not in the office Monday because of the US holiday. The blog will be out on Tuesday afternoon.
    How many people who aren't federal employees get Columbus Day off?

EDIT: Also, I'm predicting the ship won't be available until Thursday or the Thursday after that, regardless of when people get to 1000 days. Not every reward is ready in time and Thursday is patch day, usually.

The first players will hit their 1000-day mark at some point on Wednesday. The new ships will be available to them.
    hrci2907 wrote: »
    fed ship is somwhat a little odd looking. i am liking kdf ship better!

Wait till you see her in-game. A still from a digital camera taking video doesn't do the Chimera justice. She is absolutely beautiful, and so is the KDF ship. Also, their transformations are incredible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited October 2012
    Wait till you see her in-game. A still from a digital camera taking video doesn't do the Chimera justice. She is absolutely beautiful, and so is the KDF ship. Also, their transformations are incredible.

Transformations? Are we finally going to get our SDF-1 analogue?
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
    edited October 2012
    The Chimera Class...I like it. [bounces excitedly]
    edited October 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Sorry for saying this

Obviously I can't speak for anyone but myself, but it has to look a h*ll of alot better in game and than it does there and on the concept art for me to claim it...

Cause the art was just horrible and made my eyes bleed.

What is it with the cartoonish styles?
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    IVektorprise

Magellanic class

Edit: err, Chimera class...
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...