What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let's talk AFK Players

Comments

• Options
    mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2013

You haven't struck me as a deluded fool.

Really? That was my first impression.
    What's really annoying (besides his inability to use proper capitalization) is that he's probably logged into the game leeching an event right now as he sits here typing away on the forums defending himself and the others that refuse to play a game meant to be played. That's one more thing I don't get. Why log in to a game with the sole purpose of not playing? Why farm marks and dilithium if you're not going to play. He says that we don't have to pug and we don't have to play this game, but if he doesn't want to play, why is he? If he doesn't like the team aspect, then why doesn't he himself try those FPS games mentioned? And why must we find team mates and fleet mates to play with? I like the convenience of a pug. I just don't like the afk-ers and leechers. I don't like this Obama way of playing where most of us work so a few can reap the benefits of doing nothing.
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mikec1013 wrote: »
    Really? That was my first impression.
    What's really annoying (besides his inability to use proper capialization) is that he's probably logged into the game leeching an event right now as he sits here typing away on the forums defending himself and the others that refuse to play a game meant to be played. That's one more thing I don't get. Why log in to a game with the sole purpose of not playing? Why farm marks and dilithium if you're not going to play. He says that we don't have to pug and we don't have to play this game, but if he doesn't want to play, why is he? If he doesn't like the team aspect, then why doesn't he himself try those FPS games mentioned? And why must we find team mates and fleet mates to play with? I like the convenience of a pug. I just don't like the afk-ers and leechers. I don't like this Obama way of playing where most of us work so a few can reap the benefits of doing nothing.

nice 'ad-hominem' post ( easily googled if you dont know the meaning )

:rolleyes:
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    you are joining a flock for an STF.......so what's the difference?

Only 15 minutes is the difference. Or are you proposing that we join a fleet every time we want to do an STF and leave afterwards?
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    hey, I wouldn't be thrilled about leechers either if I ever encountered one ( and I haven't, that's the truth )

.....but you know what?

I don't put myself in that position "given the game mechanics" (there it is again)...and am happily playing via another route.

perfect solution? no.

workable solution? most definitely.

:cool:

but rage on if you feel the need......
    edited August 2013
    no....not dreaming at all, I gave you a quick, easy and working solution for a problem ...

you are just unwilling to take responsibility for the positions you put yourself into given the current game mechanics. ( let me repeat: "given the current game mechanics" )

it's not my fault if you get poked in the eye by a floating finger while going for a prize....then walk back into the finger over and over again.... you could walk around it, and get the same intended destination.

think about it.

I'm sorry, did you say something? I couldn't get past the complete and utter lack of a first grade education you display. You've got a caps lock and TWO shift buttons. I guess considering the logic you display (or lack thereof) I shouldn't be surprised that you apparently lack opposable thumbs. Now the picture is starting to become clear.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm sorry, did you say something? I couldn't get past the complete and utter lack of a first grade education you display. You've got a caps lock and TWO shift buttons. I guess considering the logic you display (or lack thereof) I shouldn't be surprised that you apparently lack opposable thumbs. Now the picture is starting to become clear.

you didnt look up ad-hominem did you ? :rolleyes: :cool:
    edited August 2013
    he's probably logged into the game leeching an event right now as he sits here typing away on the forums

I would not be surprised if people that are on these forums typing about leechers saying don't pug and are not helping to try to get something done to stop leechers from getting rewards for leeching are indeed leeching at the time. Their has to be a reason why people are just saying don't pug instead of trying to get pug experience better for all.

Me thinks thou protest too much is stuck in my head from this thread.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

You don't hit Shift or Caps Lock with your thumbs.

And you chastise others for their lack of logic? Physician, heal thyself.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    you didnt look up ad-hominem did you ? :rolleyes: :cool:

My argument is both against you and your point of view, seeing that you are both part of the problem and your point of view is part of the problem and neither offers a solution. Your don't pug point of view isn't feasible for a large majority of game players. You might as well tell everyone who agrees with the OP to unplug their computers. However, your don't play point of view would be perfect if you took some of your own advice. How about if I ask nic...nevermind. I prefer to insult you instead. You gain pleasure from leeching events. I gain pleasure from this.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    You don't hit Shift or Caps Lock with your thumbs.

And you chastise others for their lack of logic? Physician, heal thyself.

I wasn't being literal. I was making fun of him. Thanks for ruining it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    why would someone 'want' to leech an STF anyway ?

any answers? anybody ??

cause I know I can get well over 500K and quite a few blue gear items from just running one farm type foundry mission ( there's lots of 'em guys ) that lasts a whole five minutes.

then with this quick revenue, I can buy any gear or item that I choose from the exchange .....

kind of anti productive sitting idle for a whole STF ...... for one piece of gear, and some batteries.

edited August 2013
    My argument is both against you and your point of view, seeing that you are both part of the problem and your point of view is part of the problem and neither offers a solution. Your don't pug point of view isn't feasible for a large majority of game players. You might as well tell everyone who agrees with the OP to unplug their computers. However, your don't play point of view would be perfect if you took some of your own advice. How about if I ask nic...nevermind. I prefer to insult you instead. You gain pleasure from leeching events. I gain pleasure from this.

now you are just 'speculating' on the type of person I am and the playstyle I choose.

but go ahead if it makes you feel better.

( you can look 'speculation' up on google too if you need a definition )

edited August 2013
    ...your point of view is part of the problem and neither offers a solution...

oh I gave a perfectly viable solution given the current state of the game, you seem to be' choosing' not to acknowledge the concept of:

-this is the way it is,
    -these are your options,
    -choose the one that minimizes the problem with the least amount of stress in the meantime

:cool: good luck !
    edited August 2013
    I find the don't pug crowd hilarious. It's like going to your mechanic/lube shop for an oil change and them suggesting driving a different car"What do you mean change your oil. Drive a different car that will fix it."
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    why would someone 'want' to leech an STF anyway ?

any answers? anybody ??

cause I know I can get well over 500K and quite a few blue gear items from just running one farm type foundry mission ( there's lots of 'em guys ) that lasts a whole five minutes.

then with this quick revenue, I can buy any gear or item that I choose from the exchange .....

kind of anti productive sitting idle for a whole STF ...... for one piece of gear, and some batteries.

The question:
    "why would someone 'want' to leech an STF anyway ?
    any answers? anybody??
    "

The answer:
    Because a leech doesn't want to risk being banned for knowingly benefiting from an exploit Foundry mission that Cryptic would probably frown upon :P
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just join an stf chat channel, that way you dont need to socialize and still get to play an stf, only people are more likely to know what they are doing. Its like joining a queue but manual process
    jFriX.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    You get Marks from team content, so if you want that gear, you need to team for it. That's a MMO. You're welcome to play any number of FPS games while chatting ok Sype or whatever.

are you telling me to GTFO because I get something else out of my gameplay than you do ?

now now Nancy, ...that isnt nice. :cool:
    edited August 2013
    rezking wrote: »
    Because a leech doesn't want to risk being banned for knowingly benefiting from an exploit Foundry mission that Cryptic would probably frown upon :P

that's funny, but that 'exploit' mission you are talking about is in the top 5 of the 'Top rated' list... weird huh ?:cool:

doesn't seem too risky ( or exploitative ) to me, for all of the votes it's gotten along with that very public positioning that it's got ..... been there for quite a few months too as I recall also.

maybe it's not an exploit after all, but a mass battle with no storyline to take up time.... ;)
    edited August 2013
    so....people shouldn't author foundry missions that are great big space battles with no dialog popups ? just a conspiracy exploited by those bots I suppose.

kinda wonky if you ask me,..... but for what it's worth; I like space battles....dialog? not so much sometimes. The pew pew pew is more intriguing to me at times I guess .....

....now's the time someone will post that I'm playing the game wrong, right ? :cool:
    edited August 2013
    that's funny, but that 'exploit' mission you are talking about is in the top 5 of the 'Top rated' list... weird huh ?:cool:

doesn't seem too risky ( or exploitative ) to me, for all of the votes it's gotten along with that very public positioning that it's got ..... been there for quite a few months too as I recall also.

maybe it's not an exploit after all, but a mass battle with no storyline to take up time.... ;)

I would point out that the Tour the Universe 'short-cuts' including the drop-and-repeat methods were talked about openly on this forum for months, until Cryptic changed it and labeled it an exploit.

So no matter how public something is, there's no guarantee Cryptic doesn't consider it an exploit.
  • Options
    diva570diva570 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So I have been reading this thread and I do agree with what is being said as far as afkers ruin a stf or pve queue. The thing is you have a 50/50 chance to running into afkers every time you pub.

There is a way to fix it and Neverwinter did do something about the afkers in their PvPs and PvEs. If someone becomes afk in a queue or pvp the party leader can start a vote on the afker and everyone has to vote yes to kick them. It would come in handy.

Though it depends on how high it is up on their priory list with all these new updates coming out soon. Not to mention Season 8. I know it sucks right now and I have seen a few of them afkers.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Not at all. I'm saying that whining and crying about having to play with other people in an MMO is pointless. Part of the acronym is "Multiplayer". If you don't care for having to play team content with others, don't or go enjoy a FPS.

sounds like a pretty clear GTFO to me .....
    edited August 2013
    why are you trying to force others to play the game your way ?
    edited August 2013
    Sounds more like you want others to play your way or no way at all, and if they don't, you'll pack up your toys and sulk. People following different strategies than what you would like is going to happen.

It would be one thing if they were using an actual strategy. But no, leeching is not a strategy. N00b-borking an STF is not a strategy.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    solution only play with your Fleetmates

but if someone if afk it can have more then 1 reason

1. he is a
    2. he got kicked by Cryptic why ever maybe Crash of Game or Connection to Gameserver
    3. he had to go to the door or answer a phonecall

Solution afer 2 min not doing anythink or not shooting autokick from the match and replaced by an other player
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
This discussion has been closed.