test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 19, 2012)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, July 19th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ooh, a new patch! :)

hehehe FOUNDRY FIX? :D *bounces up and down eagerly* :cool:
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    jayfresh11jayfresh11 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hope this will fix the second wave mission, which has been an absolute frustration for me and other players. Since it isn't mentioned in the notes, I don't think the devs care. I am not going to spend anymore on this game until they do, which probably means I'll never spend anymore money on this game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jayfresh11 wrote: »
    I hope this will fix the second wave mission, which has been an absolute frustration for me and other players. Since it isn't mentioned in the notes, I don't think the devs care. I am not going to spend anymore on this game until they do, which probably means I'll never spend anymore money on this game
    The money aspect is fine, but saying they don't care over a silly little fix they're still working on...

Fail. That is all.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    doe this mean u guys will be fixing the exchange too?
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • Options
    joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    joshl7889 wrote: »

this x 1000000!
  • Options
    jayfresh11jayfresh11 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    The money aspect is fine, but saying they don't care over a silly little fix they're still working on...

Fail. That is all.

This bug has existed for months and it hasn't been fixed yet. I have read posts dating back to January. If the bug still hasn't been fixed, it makes me feel that they are not concerned about it. I'm not a developer so I don't know the real reason. This is an opinion coming from my frustrations, and you have every right to disagree with me because you have every right to have your own set of opinions. Anyways, I'm not trying to upset anyone or cause a stir. I am just posting my absolute frustration with this level. I hope the devs do care and make changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Updated Phaser Procs:
    Multiple system offline procs to a single subsystem no longer stack.
    For example, if your Weapons are offline and you get hit with another Weapons offline proc, it is disregarded.
    After a phaser proc's duration has ended, targets will receive a 10-second immunity to additional phaser procs.
    During this time, no additional systems can be taken offline by Phasers.
    Other effects that cause subsystem offline, such as Boarding Parties, can still take effect during this immunity

Not a fan of phasers then?
  • Options
    realuniqueonerealuniqueone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    WTF?

No fix for the camara issue? (changing by itself to free cam constantly)

... the only truely game breaking issue since the patch!!!!!

Should have been fixed in an emergency patch the day of release...

Come on guys, the game is unplayable like this.

TRIBBLE the exchange (not stopping anyone playing), the quest bugs (find another quest for a week), the lobi store (who cares?), and all the other nothing-more-then-an-inconvenience TRIBBLE (see last 3 points), FIX THE IMPORTANT GAME BREAKING THINGS (you know, like our view of the game)!
    >>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<
  • Options
    xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited July 2012
    Will the Exchange and Foundry wbe working correctly after this?

Also any more stability fixes? Freezing after few mins still. Even know I made sure I had all my systems updated :( .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    miloguyaussiemiloguyaussie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i too have found the camera awkward at times,
    i miss the foundry
    Milo Knight -Star fleet Engineer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Branflakes - No klingon academy Lore quest fix in this patch? it's not been working since S6 was released. The consoles have their interact icons but do not let you interact with them.

Also not a biggie, but I notice since season 6 when you try and change costume, every 2nd attempt the window autocloses before you can select which costume you want to wear.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When will you resolve the Second Wave bug which means you can;t complete it when you go to bajor
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,798 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    joenatl wrote: »
    this x 1000000!

Sadly, there is no mention of a fix for the Exchange in the patch notes. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Im trying to work out the down time for us Aussies ,
    I click on that link for the time in your location but what local is
    the game from i know US but where?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I see no fix for the KDF side Lore consoles in the release notes, despite them being unuseable since the S6 update and wide spread reports of it in the bug forums... :(
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • Options
    wlc355wlc355 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jayfresh11 wrote: »

This mission has problems not advancing or completing i think tomorrows patch should fix this problem.
  • Options
    muncheemunchee Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    AS normal for PW they only care about the Money Money other then that could care less Remmber the NEW LOCK BOXES are coming so after that all works good and they got no other fast cash ideas then maybe they will let the repair teams on the real issues!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    so will i be able to play tonite 6pmish aussie time or will it be down?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    also not mentioned is a nerfing of hostile Magnetometric abilities during the new S6 missions

also not mentioned is a nerfing of the Bioneural Warheads in No Win on wave 4 making it nearly impossible to reach the originally planned wave 5 for a PUG group
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    realuniqueonerealuniqueone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    camera bug
    >>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And of course no test time beyond what.. 10 hours tops before Tribble reaches Holodeck? Stop calling Tribble a Test server if you are going to do no serious testing. :mad:
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I honestly don't think they have the capability/know-how to fix the exchange. From what I've heard it's the most jumbled mess of coding in the game. The Season 6 patch definitely made it worse, but I doubt anyone at Cryptic knows why or has any idea how to fix it without completely recoding it, which would probably not be such a bad idea as long as no items are lost.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Didn't you read the other thread? It's broken only a little bit. All you have to do is spend 24/7 hitting refresh and you too can buy stuff when it decides to show it to you.
    <3
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I support the new lockboxes, and have been flamed in other posts for doing so, but I can't support bringing in the lockboxes before fixing things like the broken torpedo and mine hotkey issue.

Please fix the broken things first. Taking the game down to release the lockboxes without fixing the breaks is like taking a broken down car to the garage and installing new wheels without repairing the engine. It makes no sense.
  • Options
    eslavaceslavac Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Try Pacific Time which would be around California

Im trying to work out the down time for us Aussies ,
    I click on that link for the time in your location but what local is
    the game from i know US but where?
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    No Foundry update listed in the notes. Are we to be left hanging another weekend?
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    valyo1valyo1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No exchange? :mad:
  • Options
    ychildychild Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No Foundry missions again????? :mad:
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm glad that there is nothing in the Lobi story that I want - just junk IMO. Can you please remove the Latinum Store from the game? It's just an embarrassment.
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The modified procs will be interesting to try - always found polarons a bit underwhelming but tetryon seems to work fine on a shield destroying gunship in PvP.

Now did they say significantly increase tetryons in the patch notes? Oh my.
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
This discussion has been closed.