Comments

• Options
    stormangel2001stormangel2001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    patch is alrdy up by looks of it
  • Options
    erocenerocen Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In relation to the down time 2pm until 4pm are not generally prime hours for STO in the UK during the week Typically, a number of UK fleet members and friends tend to play the game in the evening from 5pm onwards, so this down time still leaves enough hours for us to play. I understand we all got frustrated, but the dev team are entirly based in the US and can't exactly work 24/7.
  • Options
    trogolytetrogolyte Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    stoney3k wrote: »
    ... But I do think it's only honest that the US players be at the short end of the stick from time to time. The world doesn't end at the Atlantic East Coast.

Also, don't forget that 1400-1600UTC is prime time for us players here in Europe.

As mentioned by other posters, somebody is going to have the downtime in a less than favorable timeframe. At least one of the other posters speculated I'm sure that part of the reason for their specific timings is likely to have 'regular' work day time available to fix truly disastrous botched patch jobs. I've played other MMO's and they've had similar timings. Since Cryptic/PWE seems to patch weekly and don't seem to have large support staff's like the 8 million pound gorilla out they are very unlikely to have people to specifically administer patches to have them come in during US overnight hours..
    Patch timing? well I'm not thrilled it's Thursdays since that's the one day I have off regularly off it's more an inconvenience opposed to being a life or death issue.

I am somewhat disturbed that there is no mention of the Klingon Lore bug being fixed as well as the exchange issue. These impact basic areas of game play, but they pushed the damm lock-box in anyways, disappointing.
  • Options
    gryspeertgryspeert Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    is there a way to see if the game is up again ?
    before you could see it at the top of the webpage but that seems to be missing for me ?
    My Imaginary Friend commited suicide
    Pick your superstition sit back make a wish and Enjoy yourself
    Ah, it's great to be young and insane!
  • Options
    stormangel2001stormangel2001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    gryspeert wrote: »
    is there a way to see if the game is up again ?
    before you could see it at the top of the webpage but that seems to be missing for me ?

check the launcher
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    Maintenance is now complete :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.