shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    linyive wrote: »

That's july 5ths notes.
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's july 5ths notes.
    Yeah, I went back to check. I removed it from the post.
  • Options
    anthonyxmas1anthonyxmas1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think we're not going to see Season 6 live in this month, should be around August first half. The bugs need sirius attenshun.

The bugs on Tribble were not fatal to Holodeck release. But go ahead, be skeptical of Season 6 coming out on JULY 12, and yes, that's July 12, 2012!!!

I'll be building my fleet starbase tomorrow, for sure. On the HOLODECK!!!

Cue Enterprise (TV Series) theme music:

"It's been a long road, getting from there to here ...

(etc. etc.)

I have faith of the heart ...

(more etc.)"

You can always yank out the Enterprise (TV Series) theme music when you want to express some good ol' secular faith :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And then there was this posted less than an hour ago (my emphasis added):
    dastahl wrote: »
    Good feedback and we appreciate the concern.

We have been actively monitoring the contribution amounts by fleet members. Keep in mind that the Cryptic_Tribble fleet is a maxed out Fleet and not the norm when compared to the average fleet size. There are less than 1000 active Fleets with more than 25 members whereas there are 7000+ active fleets with less than 25 members. (active meaning the fleet members are actively playing the game)

That said, we do recognize that large fleets will run into contribution dogpiling early on in the system and are engineering slight additions and changes to special projects in order to compensate.

We will continue to monitor the contribution amounts and make adjustments as necessary. For now we feel comfortable launching as it is in today's Tribble build as we feel it is going to be slightly different on Holodeck and want to see how it goes when everyone is spending their real assets.
    mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well im not going to speculate much more than this, after a tribble test weekend happens that comes with some award, usually they release the content on holodeck.

Other than that until i see patch notes, im not going to bother to get my fleet riled up more than it already is with a pre-patch.
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ... im not going to bother to get my fleet riled up more than it already is with a pre-patch.

Well, you should rile them up to at least FARM FARM FARM and GRIND GRIND GRIND in the next 24 hours. Your fleet may have amassed plenty of starbase-construction resources on Holodeck for now, but I bet those will be tapped quickly once the first few fleet starbase projects are started.

I suspect that is the reason for some of the long completion times of starbase construction projects: to give the fleet time to farm and grind for future or concurrent projects.

To paraphrase a U.S. politician:

Grind, baby, grind!

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, you should rile them up to at least FARM FARM FARM and GRIND GRIND GRIND in the next 24 hours. Your fleet may have amassed plenty of starbase-construction resources on Holodeck for now, but I bet those will be tapped quickly once the first few fleet starbase projects are started.

Either that or you've picked the wrong ones to stockpile.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well im not going to speculate much more than this, after a tribble test weekend happens that comes with some award, usually they release the content on holodeck.

Other than that until i see patch notes, im not going to bother to get my fleet riled up more than it already is with a pre-patch.

Season 6 launching or not launching ... The Alliance Central Command is ready as are the fleets of the United Fleet Coalition.

If it launches tomorrow ... we begin tomorrow.

If not ... ::: shrugs ::: ... we wait.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe they're tryin' to pull a "Scotty" or an "O'Brien".

Say it'll be down for 7 hours, but, when it comes back up in 2, they look like miracle workers. :D
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    genhauk wrote: »
    Season 6 launching or not launching ... The Alliance Central Command is ready as are the fleets of the United Fleet Coalition.

So, have fleets significantly ramped up their recruiting and/or advertising in view of the Fleet Starbases in Season 6?

(Maybe this post of my belongs in a different sub-forum like Starbase One. I'll post there too)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So, have fleets significantly ramped up their recruiting and/or advertising in view of the Fleet Starbases in Season 6?

Heck yes. Five minutes at ESD and I saw about 2-3 dozen requests go by.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe they're tryin' to pull a "Scotty" or an "O'Brien".

Say it'll be down for 7 hours, but, when it comes back up in 2, they look like miracle workers. :D

lol

im givin her all shes got captin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2012

(Maybe this post of my belongs in a different sub-forum like Starbase One. I'll post there too)

Cannot speak for other fleets, but honestly ... We are thinking that Mega fleets are gonna have more headaches than active smaller to mid-sized fleets.

And the group I'm with has settled into the sweet spot where we're happy.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    genhauk wrote: »
    Cannot speak for other fleets, but honestly ... We are thinking that Mega fleets are gonna have more headaches than active smaller to mid-sized fleets.

And the group I'm with has settled into the sweet spot where we're happy.

Agreed.

I'd like to get our small fleet up to 10 actives. If we get too big, we lose the nice closeness of a small fleet. And fewer fleet credits per person to boot. That's not good for keeping fleet members, I think.

Where big fleets will excel I think is at the higher tiers. If speed is more important, more people = more potential resources = faster project starts (the point where the projects gets everything and has 20 hours to complete).
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yay lets push another build out the door too early, clearly learning nothing from Season 4 and 5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    this is driving me nuts does season six hit thursday or not

come on devs

yes or no
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    malo4of7malo4of7 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i think no...because Champions Onlin is down for 7 h to...:mad:
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    malo4of7 wrote: »

Soooo.... C-Point to ZEN Conversion then...

ahh... who knows... <hands thrown up in the air> :rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Odd thing is that C-point/Zen conversion already happened on Tribble. Don't remember it being down for 7 hours.
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Odd thing is that C-point/Zen conversion already happened on Tribble. Don't remember it being down for 7 hours.

Perhaps They are adding more hardware to the Server?

And need that long a period to put it in and test it?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Link: Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)
    Hi Champions,

We will be bringing down Champions Online this Thursday, July 12th, at 6:00am PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance. We expect this maintenance to last for 7 hours, until around 1:00pm PDT (click here to view in your timezone).

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Champions Online Team

Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online this Thursday, July 12th, at 6:00am PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance. We expect this maintenance to last for 7 hours, until around 1:00pm PDT (click here to view in your timezone).

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
    It sounds like its only for the c-points conversion and general maintenance.

Why would you need to bring two games down for seven hours, so you can implement Season Six into only one game? You wouldn't. It sounds like its all about the c-points.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Hahaha... I was right.

Its only for the c-points conversion and general maintenance.

Why would you need to bring two games down for seven hours, so you can implement Season Six into only one game? You wouldn't. Its all about the c-points.

if thats the case 7 bloody hours just to change to zen they doing it with their eyes closed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hahaha... I was right.

Its only for the c-points conversion and general maintenance.

Why would you need to bring two games down for two hours, so you can implement Season Six into only one game? You wouldn't.

Although you have made a good connection between the two games, maybe YOU wouldn't shut down both games, but YOU are not the Devs.

Cryptic is definitely implementing the conversion to Zen for both games, so why not do it at the same time when STO needs to be down for a good long time for final testing of Season 6 on the Holodeck?

Hey, any time Cryptic can minimize downtime of STO is a good thing.

And yes, I say that with a projected 7 hour downtime. Hey Devs, keep the darn MMO down as long as necessary until you are sufficiently satisfied that Season 6 is stable on Holodeck.

Anyway, I'll be looking for Season 6 patch/release notes later today or tomorrow. I'm optimistic! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hmm finaly we might be able to get a taste of 6 live I want to try these mark 12 advance weapons

fleet store dwarfs stf store space weapons stock up in fleet store before run STF's
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    After all the posts i've read, my guts tell me it S6 AND CP to ZEN conversion. Don't see the latter taking too long as Cryptic has been sounding the battle horns about the conversion for a while now. Also, the actual conversion process is probably replacing all instances of CP (graphically and in the code) to ZEN and a simple mathematical equation to convert on a 1=1.25 scale.

As far as S6, guts tell me they had enough info from Tribble Test Weekend to get most of the major bugs worked out... logically speaking 7 hours is really an aggressive estimate...

So is the betting pool open on how long the downtime will really last? LOL.

NOTE: the preceding statements are only an expressed opinion of sonoframon, and as such may be taken with a grain of salt, sand, or any sort of molecule, not excluding Higgs Bosons. :)
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Anyway, I'll be looking for Season 6 patch/release notes later today or tomorrow. I'm optimistic! :)
    We will have to wait and see.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    malo4of7 wrote: »
    daveyny wrote: »
    Soooo.... C-Point to ZEN Conversion then...

ahh... who knows... <hands thrown up in the air> :rolleyes:

I wouldn't rule it out quite yet. People are forgetting that some of the servers between these two games are linked (account, mail, and who knows what else). All of the involved servers and databases obviously have to be down for the currency conversion and account updates. If they do release season 6 tomorrow, they would still have to keep the Champions servers offline until the currency conversion was done and tested. Cryptic might still decide to release season 6 tomorrow, their business day hasn't ended yet.
  • Options
    nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can someone tell me is the launcher crash problem has been fixed?

Last time I tried to get on the game didn't launch after "Engage" and then F'd up my wireless and I had to go to Best Buy to fix it... :mad: :(
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    We will have to wait and see.

Ah, you have mastered the art of tautological exposition ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nyiad wrote: »
    Can someone tell me is the launcher crash problem has been fixed?

Last time I tried to get on the game didn't launch after "Engage" and then F'd up my wireless and I had to go to Best Buy to fix it... :mad: :(

There's the problem... you went to Best Buy. :P

Only problem I've seen (and it's really more of a minor nuisance) is that the launcher keeps patching the same 408kb of data since last pre-patch...
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
This discussion has been closed.