Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    It's not Season 6(most likely) tommorrow there is a featured content story that will be on for the weekend

It is a big story so it will take time to load it

You with go to ETA bloak and see the section 31 guy for details - its on the calender

i take it mean fri 13th event.

that does not need 7 hrs to turn on

also with the lastest podcast branflakes said season 6 will be here sooner than u think.

i think it be 6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrgloubloumrgloublou Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    why would they release it when testing is not done ?, it is still buggy so it still needs work

they do work that they don't put on tribble server so it may be less buggy than you think ;)
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's not Season 6(most likely) tommorrow there is a featured content story that will be on for the weekend

You with go to ETA bloak and see the section 31 guy for details - its on the calender

We've gotten shorter maintenance times for Featured episodes.

It is not for that mission.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's not Season 6(most likely) tomorrow there is a featured content story that will be on for the weekend

That Featured Content you are talking about was loaded into the game months ago...

It's the Friday the 13th Mission, and all They have to do is Turn It On for us to play.

It would in no way deter the release of Season Six ...

IF that is what is going to happen tomorrow.

But the Conversion of C-Points to ZEN might be something that could delay the release of Season Six...

They would want to make sure there are no Bugs that would cause a monetary Gain and/or Loss to Them or the players.

It really is a Big Deal.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    We've gotten shorter maintenance times for Featured episodes.

It is not for that mission.

regular account maintenace + conversion of everythinhg to Zen + the featured episode starting a 9pm est

all this could last 6 to 7 hours
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If it was Season 6 they would have said something by now, they've never 'secretly' launched a season before.
  • Options
    ryuuenjinryuuenjin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    regular account maintenace + conversion of everythinhg to Zen + the featured episode starting a 9pm est

all this could last 6 to 7 hours

the mini episode cannot factor in to the whole thing because all that cryptic would need to do is change one line of code from 0 (off) to 1 (on). the episode itself is already in the game ever since they last put it in. its just disabled for days that are not friday the 13th.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    If it was Season 6 they would have said something by now, they've never 'secretly' launched a season before.

Yeah doubt it ....

+
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online this Thursday, July 12th, at 6:00am PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance. We expect this maintenance to last for 7 hours, until around 1:00pm PDT (click here to view in your timezone).

Not even a "to apply a new patch"
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    jimmyjames81196jimmyjames81196 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Dose this means Season 6 but 8hr down time hmm might go crazy!!

what do u guys think?
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm going to bet no to Season 6 launching Thursday -- this may seem odd to some since we have already had the Tribble test weekend (and four of five seasons have been out within 2 days of that ending), pre-patching has started, and Thursday has a massive downtime (the last three seasons were all launched on Thursdays). Oh, and three Tribble updates in 2 days.

The sole reason I don't believe it'll be out tomorrow is basically because it's not been announced -- and they would absolutely know if it was going to be out and have no reason not to tell us if they did (they want all the press they can get for a major update). I do suspect that Thursday's maintenance will be preparing Holodeck for Season 6 as early as this Friday or as late as next Thursday.

At the very least we'll get the change from Cryptic Points to Zen which has numerous advantages: 1) intuitive pricing (100 Zen = $1.00), 2) transaction history, 3) bulk discounts (buy 5000 zen, get 300 free), 4) periodic zen sales, 5) free zen offers.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    pissycutapissycuta Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You know the fact they didn't put patch notes doesn't mean there's no patch... honestly even to change a name/icon requires some patching... So for the least of it we should be getting something like "General UI changes: Removed C-Store minimap button, replaced it with Z-Store minimap button" :D

The fact that so far they have not realeased something secretly doesn't mean they won't do it... However in terms of lengthy maintenance and the like if it's not S6 it's another slap in the players face... S6 coming SOON... June... July... August... well it will be here for Christmas... "maybe"

In terms of bugs no one will sort anything as there are more likely more bugs on the way... Testing is done in controlled enviroments... not in same conditions as "live" will be... they said T5 SBs takes 7-8 months... you want to test on tribble for 7-8 months? Because maybe it's a big bug that makes your SB explode when you reach T5.... you never know...
    "Testing" here has a funny aura around it.... i mean just think about it... BMW would design a new car, then they test it in REAL conditions for about 10 years to see if it will survive the endurance tests... then they launch it... just in time to be displayed in a museum :D
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hmm, that is true.

If this isn't Season 6, then this has to be some pre-Season 6 server maintainace with the hardware and software. After all, there has been people having problems with server lag and disconnects recently.

Also, it's nice it was delayed a week so they can finish bug squashing on Tribble. Was thinking they were rushing it again, because there is so many things people feel isn't ready yet with Fleet Starbases.
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Does this really require *ANOTHER* thread?

(Pssstt... the answer is "no".)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Havn't seen any other threads like this so YES
  • Options
    autumnraynefyrautumnraynefyr Member Posts: 33 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    Not to mention when I just logged out there was a 1 gig patch.. Usually, the minor patches are between 300-600 megs.. This was over 1 gig. And there is no patch notes yet, so my conclusion is it is likely season 6 stuff being implemented.. :3
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    PLEASE NOTE: This isn't all of them, this is just the first 4 that I found (which seem to be the most popular) to illustrate my point.

Now... </thread> anyone?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=304161

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=302881

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=302921

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=305711
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Anticipation...it's making me wait...:D
    Soon, soon...

I'm almost excited...ok, ok..I'm a little excited...:cool:
    even if there are no more KDF storyline missions in the near future...:rolleyes:
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • Options
    sierra2667sierra2667 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have some doubts on if it'll be S6 or not, considering they just had their little "promotional" test weekend this past weekend, plus I'm certain a conversation isn't an easy thing to patch.. Though if it'll take 7 hours or not has yet to be seen.

But just to add food for thought, I'm pretty sure they've stated that the Redshirt test server will be getting patches much more frequently than Tribble. So for anyone saying S6 has too many bugs or whatnot, they might want to check the status of that server first.

Not that it changes much though, I still have my doubts on if it'll be S6 since they haven't announced it. Maybe we get the conversion and preparation tomorrow, then S6 on Friday? *Shrugs*

http://www.stowiki.org/Redshirt_%28server%29
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Mods will merge threads when they get around to it. But until then, people are allowed to post in this thread.
  • Options
    starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    7hours damm just hope its worth missin a whole days play 3pm - 10pm BST
  • Options
    nacrananacrana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    S6 coming tonight?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Thanks ^ Now lets get back to topic i want S6 to come out tomoro! hopefuly they dont postpone it like always
  • Options
    drysyndrysyn Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just to re-iterate what mav said, it would be suicidal to push season 6 with the bugs that are still in it. Even today testing tholian ground stuff if your in a group then it kept bugging out and only giving 1 person in the group credit for the missions. Devs take your time please and TEST EVERYTHING

no excsue for a sloppy job

i'm really sorry to have to tell you this but i was there when PWE launched forsaken world they were still calling it an open beta and they always pushed out new updates/season/expansions that broke the game or made it crash completely for hours and took days to fix it properly.... what i'm trying to say is no matter how bad S6 is right now they might push it live lol
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks ^ Now lets get back to topic i want S6 to come out tomoro! hopefuly they dont postpone it like always

how can they postpone it when they have not announced it's release date yet?
  • Options
    nigel2751nigel2751 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have no clue what is happening but for some reason the time lines don't add up at 08:00 GMT i was loading up star trek as normal and i see there's a scheduled maintenance. the maintenance is scheduled from 06:00 PDT until 13:00 PDT there's an 8 hour time difference between my time and PDT so in my time the maintenance should not be until 13:00 which is 5 hours away .does this mean they started the maintenance 5 hours early .or do they need another 5 hours to do the maintenance .or is it the fact they put a block on it to stop people loading the game up which ever it is 5 hours early is a little weird.if it is to stop people loading the game up then that turns a 7 hour maintenance into a 12 hour maintenance .
    i know there's new content being added but 12 hours for a 10 minuet quest wow i hate to think how long maintenance will be for a longer quest.
  • Options
    craigthemastercraigthemaster Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well we will all forgive the massive down time if, And I say "IF" season 6 comes out lol, Surly it must be out tomorrow if its down for so long :):):)
  • Options
    darkravenxp32darkravenxp32 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    People need to stop belly aching about bugs in season releases. There will always be bugs, some easy to fix, some hard to fix. Stop criticizing about them until you understand the process it takes to fix bugs. Not all of them are easy to track down the cause. Let's see you sit in a room and sort through hundreds of thousands of line of code that interact with each other, and find the 2 that are not playing nice.

I'm expecting some flame, just needed to say it so I can sleep soundly during the maintenance.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    I said it, nobuddy believed me, and now ... I was right. It was not Season 6, just meowntenance. Butt I'm not sad, because I have known it from the second the announcement said "for maintenance". If there was a season patch, they'd have said so.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    During the S6 update on tribble, we had to fight with massive lags. Therefor, i think they will upload S6 now but dont put it active. After a few days, when everyone downloaded the files, they put it active so that everybody can play without lags once its started. Sounds logical, doesnt it?
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    Oh, I just meowticed I was one day short ... lol. It's weird to announce a meowntenance 2 days in advance, and not on the day before. So, it's today and not yesterday. Anyway, I'm sticking with my forecast. Season 6 will not go live today. :D
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
This discussion has been closed.