What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's a difference between "hard" and "broke".

Hive is neither broke nor hard. It just takes a little bit longer.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    First of all, I too would like to express my sympathies to M'ren for his loss, it's never easy losing a friend, especially that way...
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Another one goes live!
    See here.

Another cool pic by the Suroo! Gratz!
    sirepical wrote: »
    Tuffli, no problem. But Jemmy, like I said above, won't open for a while.

And yes, I've seen it. Found that interesting. I defeated it, too.

I will be here when you do open it and I will remind ya. I would have asked for a Jungle Driclae but the help I gave you isn't nearly enough to be worth 25m...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    loukoc wrote: »
    First of all, I too would like to express my sympathies to M'ren for his loss, it's never easy losing a friend, especially that way...

Another cool pic by the Suroo! Gratz!

I will be here when you do open it and I will remind ya. I would have asked for a Jungle Driclae but the help I gave you isn't nearly enough to be worth 25m...

The best payback is watching someone achieve their goal.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    The best payback is watching someone achieve their goal.

Well yeah but a Driclae or bridge invites aren't bad either...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    1st, when you come on, I need to talk to you about something in PM.
  • Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1st, when you come on, I need to talk to you about something in PM.

I'll be on within a couple of hours I think.
    edited March 2013
    Dang kooky Brits and your spelling with u's.
    Darned Amerikans, and your insistence on spelling things the lazy way. :rolleyes:
    Watch someone say Hive is harder.
    It just seems longer because it is ridiculously tedious, the one-hit kills, the Queen that just won't die, and that dumb floor that one-hit kills you. I mean really? Being killed by THE FLOOR? :mad:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Darned Amerikans, and your insistence on spelling things the lazy way. :rolleyes:

It just seems longer because it is ridiculously tedious, the one-hit kills, the Queen that just won't die, and that dumb floor that one-hit kills you. I mean really? Being killed by THE FLOOR? :mad:

If you got stepped on all the time you would be angry too.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you got stepped on all the time you would be angry too.

So that's the mission's subtitle then? Into the Hive: Revenge of the Floor!
  • Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So, I read today that Kerbal Space Program, even in it's Alpha State, is now on Steam. That is amazing as it will seriously help KSP get out there to more people. Now All I am waiting for is a Steam Key that Squad is working with Valve to get for those that bought the game off of the official KSP website.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • Options
    preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sirepical wrote: »
    There's a level indicator for each class quest that shows you what level they recommend you to be. If you're below that, it's likely to be hard. To level up enough to do it safely, do some of the non-class quests like Heroics (and make sure to get a team in General) or any of the other little missions. Early on, you can also level easily just by killing enemies. They give you the mission immediatly because they don't have a system like STO does for getting a mission from a pop-up, you have go and get it from the contact. I leveled up 2 characters on SWTOR to 50 back in the day, so I'd know.

Now, that isn't disputing that there should be a different setup, there should. But that's currently how it works.

Can't be worse than the Sith Warrior class quest on Tatooine. Got to be the only class quest in the game that takes your companion away from you, and is crushingly hard to boot, given that it's such a tiny little room.
    hzzfzXc.png
    Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I beta tested TOR, but I was no impressed by it. Now all the limitation and dumb restrictions for F2P, I cannot see this ever being on my list to download. :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, after my sub lapsed, I just haven't found any reason to play it anymore. That game punishes you hard for not subbing, and honestly, after completing the four classes I did, there's just not a compelling reason to sub anymore. It was a fun game, just not 15 bucks a month fun.
    hzzfzXc.png
    Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We'll need to go ahead and organize a Mirror Fleet for the Romulan Faction.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited March 2013
    We'll need to go ahead and organize a Mirror Fleet for the Romulan Faction.

Hope they have some sort of animal species...
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yes..because I can laugh at all the naysayers...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yes..because I can laugh at all the naysayers...

Oh, I hadn't stopped laughing.
    edited March 2013
    No doubt what I'm going to do may, regardless of the lack of fur : P... It's too good of a faction to pass up for anything, just going to hope they introduce a species token later and we get more species, they'd be royal fools not to create such a zen store item down the line.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Brian's mentioned C-Store options being revealed closer to launch. How much you want to bet one of those C-Store options is going to be a cat race that gets bonus stuff if you've already got Caitians and Ferasans and gives bonus stuff to Caitians and Ferasans?

Also, Ask Cryptic's probably going to get started later tonight/early tomorrow so everybody ought to get their questions ready.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    We need to decide on a Fleet name for our new Romulan faction.
    My choice: Shadow of Ferasa
    edited March 2013
    I still place my bets on actual Kzinti (Who knows what legal agreements could still be made behind the scenes) and the Ferasans being explained away as some other closely related branch species or something. After all if Enterprise had not been ended ahead of time, they would have become hard canon.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    canis36 wrote: »
    Brian's mentioned C-Store options being revealed closer to launch. How much you want to bet one of those C-Store options is going to be a cat race that gets bonus stuff if you've already got Caitians and Ferasans and gives bonus stuff to Caitians and Ferasans?

Also, Ask Cryptic's probably going to get started later tonight/early tomorrow so everybody ought to get their questions ready.

Oh I've got my feline questions ready.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Would honestly prefer to wait and utilize the name of whatever feline species we get for the Romulan faction. If one isn't available at launch I propose "Friends of Ferasa" as was proposed for the shortlived attempt to create an associate fleet for all non-Ferasan KDF alts.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

let's wait and see what animal race, if any, we're getting with the romulan faction first before picking out names

for all you know, the animal may be canine instead of feline
    canis36 wrote: »
    If one isn't available at launch I propose "Friends of Ferasa" as was proposed for the shortlived attempt to create an associate fleet for all non-Ferasan KDF alts.

why didn't that go through? my other kdf would've liked a fleet like that
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Romulan cat race:
    Toygerians:
    Traits:
    Feline Instincts: Same as Caitian and Ferasan trait, only 5% more ranged damage
    Adorable Eyes: Activatable trait that gives a 10 sec unresistable stun that is NOT broken by any attack
    2 traits of the player's choice

"After the defense of the Vault from a Tholian attack, Reman scientists decided to cross Reman DNA with the Earth Cat's Toyger breed. The result was a species that was fierce in combat but gentle towards allies."

Edit: My discoveries of the day:
    1. Raw sugar isn't a good choice for coffee, mine just sat at the bottom after 5 min of stirring.
    2. Biking after 4 years of not touching a bike can be hard on the body.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    loukoc wrote: »
    Adorable Eyes: Activatable trait that gives a 10 sec unresistable stun that is NOT broken by any attack

*is imagining the PvPer reaction to such a thing* nerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerf EXPLOIT, EXPLOITEXPLOIT, EXPLOITEXPLOIT!!!!

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited March 2013
    *is imagining the PvPer reaction to such a thing* nerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerf EXPLOIT, EXPLOITEXPLOIT, EXPLOITEXPLOIT!!!!

All things have a soft spot for cute cats so the Toygerians take advantage of it :D