test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    loukoc wrote: »
    Suroo have I ever mentioned how hilarious your new sig is? If yes then pretend I'm on drugs and repeat myself, if not then I'm mentioning it now!
    Thank you! I made it myself :D

Also, did The Canelow clicky the siggy to see the story of the siggy?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Thank you! I made it myself :D

Also, did The Canelow clicky the siggy to see the story of the siggy?

It did. And it also looked around your deviant art profile a bit. Cool stuff there!

Dye your beard black is the only comment I can make other than cool...
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    canis36 wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic, but Bob that Sith guy that keeps beating your TRIBBLE down in ToR, is beating him part of one of your story quests, or is it side-quest? One with [Heroic] in front of it maybe?

He's part of the main quest. That's my irritation. If I'm not of a sufficient rank to beat him, why am I given the quest? Say what you will about STO, you aren't thrown into situations you aren't ranked up to handle.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    He's part of the main quest. That's my irritation. If I'm not of a sufficient rank to beat him, why am I given the quest? Say what you will about STO, you aren't thrown into situations you aren't ranked up to handle.

There's a level indicator for each class quest that shows you what level they recommend you to be. If you're below that, it's likely to be hard. To level up enough to do it safely, do some of the non-class quests like Heroics (and make sure to get a team in General) or any of the other little missions. Early on, you can also level easily just by killing enemies. They give you the mission immediatly because they don't have a system like STO does for getting a mission from a pop-up, you have go and get it from the contact. I leveled up 2 characters on SWTOR to 50 back in the day, so I'd know.

Now, that isn't disputing that there should be a different setup, there should. But that's currently how it works.
    sirepical wrote: »
    There's a level indicator for each class quest that shows you what level they recommend you to be. If you're below that, it's likely to be hard. To level up enough to do it safely, do some of the non-class quests like Heroics (and make sure to get a team in General) or any of the other little missions. Early on, you can also level easily just by killing enemies. They give you the mission immediatly because they don't have a system like STO does for getting a mission from a pop-up, you have go and get it from the contact. I leveled up 2 characters on SWTOR to 50 back in the day, so I'd know.

Now, that isn't disputing that there should be a different setup, there should. But that's currently how it works.

What classes were they and do you still play?
    edited March 2013

<snip>

It doesn't matter. I've lost all enjoyment in playing that game. All I have ever done for four solid hours of gameplay is run around the woods with a wooden light saber. If I wanted to do that, I'd just go outside.

There is no pleasure playing SWTOR. No wonder it is bleeding players.
    During my time in the SWTOR level 15 trial, I had a lot of fun. It offered something different from my daily games. However, when F2P came, all interest died. I don't even have the incentive to play 1-50 on a free account. The restrictions are so harsh they are in your face constantly. Unlike things like DCUO where restrictions aren't really noticed until you get to the end-game content which requires DLC. That system works fine. TOR failed when they didn't even let you chat in the world chat after your origin planet... Not to mention the horrible drop limits.

TOR should have gone with a route close to DCUO. Offer the all the content in the game at that point for free, then sell the rest as DLC to them. Members would get the content free of course with other benefits. Then of course they would offer microtransactions for fluff or other toy items.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited March 2013
    Honestly, I think PWE/Cryptic has the best model. All content is free. The fluff is what you pay for. Some fluff is worth is and some isn't.
    Honestly, I think PWE/Cryptic has the best model. All content is free. The fluff is what you pay for. Some fluff is worth is and some isn't.

Agreed.
    10chars.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What classes were they and do you still play?

Jedi Consular to 50, Sith Warrior to 50, Imperial Agent to 30 I think, and once every 3 months or so.

The server I'm on is called "The Ebon Hawk". I'm only on that one because a friend of mine is, wish it wasn't RP though...
    It doesn't matter. I've lost all enjoyment in playing that game. All I have ever done for four solid hours of gameplay is run around the woods with a wooden light saber. If I wanted to do that, I'd just go outside.

There is no pleasure playing SWTOR. No wonder it is bleeding players.

Fair enough, I never said I loved it. I gave it a lot more time and it got better, but I'd certainly understand someone quitting.

I concur.
    Interestin' I'm on Ebon Hawk too. So far I've only got a Level 14 Republic Trooper/Commando.

As to the PWE/Cryptic model (for STO), I wholeheartedly agree. It is the best model. The Dilithium exchange especially - it's not free since somebody's buying the Zen somewhere, but it does give those willing to put the time in the ability to get pretty much anything in the game without spending a single bit of their own money.
    edited March 2013
    FYI: The first episode of our Terradome run drops tomorrow. The second one drops Saturday with the rest of the six episodes running all next week.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcwV2WFC5wz3Es8xPyqr4E0xCIL3uFgQa
    Looking forward to them. I may wait till all are up before listening to them. That way I have something to listen to while in-game. Makes it more enjoyable IMO.
    edited March 2013
    I updated the intro to be more Ferasan oriented as well for this series. :D
    Farasan

Umm. Bob. The "Catian" spelling I can handle since you said it's an inferior species anyway.

But Ferasan ... is spelled Ferasan.
    Umm. Bob. The "Catian" spelling I can handle since you said it's an inferior species anyway.

But Ferasan ... is spelled Ferasan.

Typographical error.
    Typographical error.

Well, that helps to know. :P
    [9:29] [System] [ItemReceived] Item acquired: Special Requisition Pack - Jem'Hadar Attack Ship

AKLWENFUIAWHEGUIOAWEUFYABGWEBFAOWUIEBGVFBVWEABEYFBGVAUWEVFIW8GTR9E3YFO98W3GR

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Sprays Party Popper on Overload Infinite Setting -

Thank you to everyone that helped me get this. :D
    [9:29] [System] [ItemReceived] Item acquired: Special Requisition Pack - Jem'Hadar Attack Ship

Congratulations man! How long's it gonna take you to get it outfitted?
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/512814/surprised-cat-o.gif
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So, as I have said to those in CatPhone:

If I am short with ANY of y'all, please know that I am very sorry. I woke up this morning to the news that one of my old buddies committed suicide last night, and I do not know how it will be affecting me in the days and weeks to come. All I ask right now is support for his family and friends as they go through this time as they try to cope.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
    edited March 2013

If I am short with ANY of y'all, please know that I am very sorry. I woke up this morning to the news that one of my old buddies committed suicide last night, and I do not know how it will be affecting me in the days and weeks to come. All I ask right now is support for his family and friends as they go through this time as they try to cope.

I'm sorry for your loss. Most likely you will feel anger in the days ahead. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem and there are never any easy answers.

When you get online to play, let it be a release of the cares of the world. STO helped me cope during my years of unemployment. And while it is not the same level of tragedy, please allow yourself to be lost in the game. If only to enjoy life for a little while.

You are in my prayers during this difficult time.

You are welcome! Now, as repayment for my helping you I want a Jemmy bridge invite sometime and whenever you have the Tuffli on and I ask you I want bridge invite there as well!

Also, on Dromund Kaas there is a boss with your name on it! (literally, it's called The First)
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Another one goes live!
    See here.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Another one goes live!
    See here.

Dang kooky Brits and your spelling with u's.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All the Ferasans give you support M'ren in the coming days.
    http://www.nabyn.com/_p/2012/5/10/autumnfire-49529-94273.jpg
  • sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Congratulations man! How long's it gonna take you to get it outfitted?

Well, I'm not opening it yet. I might save it for a Tactical Officer like Mrs. 1st, and if I do it would take a while.
    loukoc wrote: »

You are welcome! Now, as repayment for my helping you I want a Jemmy bridge invite sometime and whenever you have the Tuffli on and I ask you I want bridge invite there as well!

Also, on Dromund Kaas there is a boss with your name on it! (literally, it's called The First)

Tuffli, no problem. But Jemmy, like I said above, won't open for a while.

And yes, I've seen it. Found that interesting. I defeated it, too.

I've had this happen before all too recently so I know what it's like. This was one of the many things that happened when I took a 2-3 month break from STO.

Continuing playing might be just fine, I myself just felt that I had to take a break for a while. I feel deeply sorry for you, as do all of us, and you have my support.
    Now, a little cheering up: http://youtu.be/qpMlWe63QLY Part 1 of 8 of our run against the Terradome!
    Now, a little cheering up: http://youtu.be/qpMlWe63QLY Part 1 of 8 of our run against the Terradome!

Watch someone say Hive is harder.
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

Watch someone say Hive is harder.

There's a difference between "hard" and "broke".