What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It was fun to get on and play with you cats tonight. This is an outstanding fleet.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited October 2012
    I, Fluffy The Kitten, have joined and found a nice warm spot on top of the fireplace.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    I, Fluffy The Kitten, have joined and found a nice warm spot on top of the fireplace.

Welcome!!!!
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is an outstanding fleet.

No one will argue that. ;)

Welcome to the fleet!
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey any old Robocop fans out there?

Check this video out (click)!

Greetings Shadowcat Fluffy! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    kalecto, can you try and send an in-game email to Ares_2011? If you manage to get through (and are willing), tell him you will be emailing his prize. There is an ignore list bug preventing me from contacting him to give him his Mirror Battlecruiser.
    edited October 2012
    sirepical wrote: »
    No one will argue that. ;)

Welcome to the fleet!

Where you have been? I have a special army of lower case letters ready to do battle :).
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Where you have been? I have a special army of lower case letters ready to do battle :).

NOT LOWER CASE! PLEEEEEEASE!!! :P

Oh, and ... I've been having stuff happen. School, Work and Death to name a few. But I'll get on when I can! In fact, I was just about to log on.

YAY! *Sprays Party Popper*
    edited October 2012
    sirepical wrote: »
    NOT LOWER CASE! PLEEEEEEASE!!! :P

Oh, and ... I've been having stuff happen. School, Work and Death to name a few.

You look good for a dead man. :eek:

Seriously, though, the fleet gives its sympathies.
    edited October 2012
    kalecto, can you try and send an in-game email to Ares_2011? If you manage to get through (and are willing), tell him you will be emailing his prize. There is an ignore list bug preventing me from contacting him to give him his Mirror Battlecruiser.

Sure I can try, I'll get back to you...
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Veteran titles can now be used on the forum for Lifetimers and 1,000 day members.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The vet rewards being handed out like candy... let me quote myself:

First, the metaphor.

STO is a building with 1000 flights of stairs. At the bottom is the game launch. The vets buy their subscriptions, and go up the stairs. They loyally continue up, paying along to way and keep going. They get rewarded for staying on. And finally, at the very top floor, they finish. They are handed the final reward for climbing the whole 1000 floors. And then the elevator door on the far side of the room opens and a whole bunch of people who paid a quick fee at the bottom pick up all the prizes the other people earned. And the real vets are left with nothing for their loyalty and perseverence.

Next thing you know PWE's going to just knock over the building and kill STO altogether.

And now, just a disturbing mental picture.

PWE stands at a desk collecting $200 per person and hands out the rewards of the loyal customers, while laughing at the 1000-day vets. She then detatches her jaw and swallows a puppy whole.

...yeah.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ...yeah.

Ferasan don't complain about such petty things, we stay hearty, persevere, face our fears and conquer our enemies!

Qapla'
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    The vet rewards being handed out like candy... let me quote myself:

First, the metaphor.

STO is a building with 1000 flights of stairs. At the bottom is the game launch. The vets buy their subscriptions, and go up the stairs. They loyally continue up, paying along to way and keep going. They get rewarded for staying on. And finally, at the very top floor, they finish. They are handed the final reward for climbing the whole 1000 floors. And then the elevator door on the far side of the room opens and a whole bunch of people who paid a quick fee at the bottom pick up all the prizes the other people earned. And the real vets are left with nothing for their loyalty and perseverence.

Next thing you know PWE's going to just knock over the building and kill STO altogether.

And now, just a disturbing mental picture.

PWE stands at a desk collecting $200 per person and hands out the rewards of the loyal customers, while laughing at the 1000-day vets. She then detatches her jaw and swallows a puppy whole.

...yeah.

People are over thinking this. Why have the LTS players not been given the rewards until now? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T FREAKING EXIST!!! What they did today has been a request from Lifers since launch, but the 1,000 day reward didn't exist until now.

So I'm not at all surprised they did what they did.
    edited October 2012
    Shadowcats who're fans of PvP please check this "Project October: First Tournament" thread out, and have a talk about it with others on the CatPhone, perhaps you would like to form a team and participate. I've offered to moderate the tournament...

Just a suggestion, sounds like fun to me! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    kalecto wrote: »
    Shadowcats who're fans of PvP please check this "Project October: First Tournament" thread out, and have a talk about it with others on the CatPhone, perhaps you would like to form a team and participate. I've offered to moderate the tournament...

Sees the word "PVP". - Engages cheetah speed in the opposite direction -.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Veteran titles can now be used on the forum for Lifetimers and 1,000 day members.

Meh, too lazy to change it. I'll just keep this.
    edited October 2012
    Ferasan don't complain about such petty things, we stay hearty, persevere, face our fears and conquer our enemies!

Qapla'

I'm not complaining ('specially considering I ahve never even been a gold member), just that I think it's a little unfair. Wasn't the point of the vet things to reward players for staying with the game? Just a side note on the subject, I find this quite intriguing:

Since Star Trek Online launched in February 2010, we have thanked our loyal subscribers and lifetime members through the Veteran?s Rewards program. We know you have many options in choosing where to spend your time, so it means so much to us that you choose to spend it here.

Starting tomorrow, October 10th, our first set of players will be reaching the 1000-day mark and are going to receive some awesome rewards

And:

As of today, October 10th, all current and future Lifetime Subscribers will gain instant access to all Veteran Rewards, regardless of purchase date! This includes the 1000-Day ships that were introduced in this blog

The whole "Our first set of players will be reaching the 1000-day mark and are going to receive some awesome rewards" is contradicted by "all current and future Lifetime Subscriber will gain instant access to all Veteran Rewards, regardless of purchase date!

There's something that's just not right between those two things.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2012

The whole "Our first set of players will be reaching the 1000-day mark and are going to receive some awesome rewards" is contradicted by "all current and future Lifetime Subscriber will gain instant access to all Veteran Rewards, regardless of purchase date!

There's something that's just not right between those two things.

Gold subbers still have to pay up to 1000 days, so there is nothing contradictory about the above statement. the first set are getting access to the ship, its just a much larger set of players than most people thought.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Has someone done an actual breakdown of what an LTS gets you now that the vet rewards unlock at purchase? I'd imagine the LTS almost pays for itself with all of the goodies (especially on sale).
    edited October 2012
    Has someone done an actualy breakdown of what an LTS gets you now that the vet rewards unlock at purchase? I'd imagine the LTS almost pays for itself with all of the goodies (especially on sale).
    Here you go Bob.
    Warning... Long post ahead.

100 Days
    Stalwart Accolade and Title.
    Full Respec.
    Costume Piece ? Alternate Future Variant Badge.
    A 2% Skill Point and Officer Skill Point Boost.

[Edit]200 Days
    Redoubtable Accolade and Title.
    Extra Ship Slot.
    Costume Piece ? Special Veteran Uniform Option.
    A 3% Skill Point and Officer Skill Point Boost.

[Edit]300 Days
    Dauntless Accolade and Title.
    Extra Character Slot.
    Ship "Fireworks" emote.
    A 4% Skill Point and Officer Skill Point Boost.

[Edit]400 Days
    Valiant Accolade and Title.
    Full Respec.
    Access to The Captain's Table.
    Vanity Ship ? Captain's Yacht (Federation) and DujHod Shuttle (Klingon).
    A 5% Skill Point and Officer Skill Point Boost.

[Edit]500 Days
    Relentless Accolade and Title.
    Extra Ship Slot.
    Exclusive Costume Piece (Federation): "Jupiter" Uniform Variant.
    Exclusive Costume Piece (Klingon): Shoulder Cape.
    (Removed on September 29, 2011) 250 Emblems.

[Edit]600 Days
    Magnificent Accolade and Title.
    Full Respec.
    Two extra Costume Slots.
    Vice Admiral Ship Token

[Edit]700 Days
    Impressive Accolade and Title.
    Android Bridge Officer
    Free Character Slot.
    Full Respec.
    A 5% Skill Point and Officer Skill Point Boost to your Team.

[Edit]800 Days
    Vigilant Accolade and Title.
    Mugato Companion Pet
    Unique Duty Officer Assignment (for additional dilithium refining)
    [Edit]900 Days
    Guardian Accolade and Title.
    Exclusive Starship "Material".
    Exclusive Uniform Variant.
    Full Respec.

[Edit]1000 Days
    Starfleet Veteran and Empire Veteran Accolade and Title.
    Exclusive Starship Variant.
    Extra Ship Slot.
    Exclusive "Starfleet Veteran" or "Empire Veteran" Forum Title.
    Taken from STOWiki.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Here you go Bob.
    Warning... Long post ahead.

<snip>

Taken from STOWiki.

Okay, let me try that again. Has someone done an actual cost breakdown of what an LTS gets you now that the vet rewards unlock at purchase? I'd imagine the LTS almost pays for itself with all of the goodies (especially on sale).

In other words, if each reward were purchased individually, 100 days = X CP, 200 days = X CP, etc. Total = XX CP and XX CP costs $TRIBBLE and the LTS cost $XXY. So Total costs would <=> LTS cost.
    edited October 2012
    Okay, let me try that again. Has someone done an actual cost breakdown of what an LTS gets you now that the vet rewards unlock at purchase? I'd imagine the LTS almost pays for itself with all of the goodies (especially on sale).

In other words, if each reward were purchased individually, 100 days = X CP, 200 days = X CP, etc. Total = XX CP and XX CP costs $TRIBBLE and the LTS cost $XXY. So Total costs would <=> LTS cost.

Ah my bad.
    Well in terms of cost Lifetime is cheaper than paying $15 a month for 1,000 days.
    1000 days is about 33 months. So that should be around $500 compared to the current $200.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

That sounds interesting but I can't make a team on my own. :P
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    That sounds interesting but I can't make a team on my own. :P

I think they've actually cancelled it or postponed it for now due to the recent changed after the last patch.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Into the Hive dev blog
    - Squeals loudly!-
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=412161
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Into the Hive dev blog
    - Squeals loudly!-
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=412161

I had just been looking at that.

MOAR GROUND!!!!!!! :D
    edited October 2012
    redshirt server is back, which suggests the first parts of season 7 will be very close to going up for testing.