What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Our Ops has been upgraded! We've got holographic displays on the walls as well as over our consoles now.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Our Ops has been upgraded! We've got holographic displays on the walls as well as over our consoles now.

Holy TRIBBLE! That was fast!

Oh, and I'm giving away a Tholian Recluse Carrier!! ;)
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited August 2012

Signed up :).
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Cats. As you all may or may not be aware they have introduced fleet mark bonuses. These can be bought for 15'000 fleet credits at the quartermaster in the starbase.

These are good for 100 extra marks and award at 20% of the current rate. (so if you earn 5 marks you actually get 6 and you have 99 left to get before the bonus runs out).

Now while that might not sound all that impressive, the beauty is it rounds up any time there is fractions involved. so if you earn 1 fleet mark, you actually get 2.

This work really really well on things like starbase bloackade as they awards marks per freighter and not at the end. so if you save 20 freighters, that an extra 20 on top of what you would normally earn. use it during the event windows and its a big win.

I have yet to test it on the fleet tribble or the CXP cash in, but i will confirm the results when I have them but they should work as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Cats. As you all may or may not be aware they have introduced fleet mark bonuses. These can be bought for 15'000 fleet credits at the quartermaster in the starbase.

These are good for 100 extra marks and award at 20% of the current rate. (so if you earn 5 marks you actually get 6 and you have 99 left to get before the bonus runs out).

Now while that might not sound all that impressive, the beauty is it rounds up any time there is fractions involved. so if you earn 1 fleet mark, you actually get 2.

This work really really well on things like starbase bloackade as they awards marks per freighter and not at the end. so if you save 20 freighters, that an extra 20 on top of what you would normally earn. use it during the event windows and its a big win.

I have yet to test it on the fleet tribble or the CXP cash in, but i will confirm the results when I have them but they should work as well.

I can confirm it on the CXP cash-in. I received 90 instead of the normal 75 on a regular success.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You look like a funny fleet but there is no mention of what we can do to apply. My tac cat would be happy to find some new friends. :D Did I miss something in the OP?
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    You look like a funny fleet but there is no mention of what we can do to apply. My tac cat would be happy to find some new friends. :D Did I miss something in the OP?

You should contact Alecto or Commodore Bob. They should be able to help you with that.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Fleet Tribble awards 2 if you've got anything in the pool.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

There is no requirement to joining the fleet other than being a ferasan character. Any ferasan is welcome to join.

There are limitations on when you can use the provisioning store. You must first be a member for two months and have contributed a certain amount of items to reach 50k of fleet credits. This has been set up to make sure players are willing to contribute and prove themselves trustworthy to the fleet.

If that sounds ok then let us know your characters name and your in game handle (if its different in anyway to your forums handle) and one of us can invite you.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    There is no requirement to joining the fleet other than being a ferasan character. Any ferasan is welcome to join.

There are limitations on when you can use the provisioning store. You must first be a member for two months and have contributed a certain amount of items to reach 50k of fleet credits. This has been set up to make sure players are willing to contribute and prove themselves trustworthy to the fleet.

If that sounds ok then let us know your characters name and your in game handle (if its different in anyway to your forums handle) and one of us can invite you.

I don't mind about restrictions about provisioning, yours are incredibly more "fleet-member friendly" than my fed fleet ones anyway.

I've sent a message to commodore bob, but I guess I can give you the name of my char here. I have two actually, but I don't intend to wait for two months to get my little engi cat a battlecruiser so I'll buy with good old credits the rights to get a provision from another fleet before asking for an invite from him. :D

My cat is Targoss@diogene0

Thanks!
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I don't mind about restrictions about provisioning, yours are incredibly more "fleet-member friendly" than my fed fleet ones anyway.

I've sent a message to commodore bob, but I guess I can give you the name of my char here. I have two actually, but I don't intend to wait for two months to get my little engi cat a battlecruiser so I'll buy with good old credits the rights to get a provision from another fleet before asking for an invite from him. :D

My cat is Targoss@diogene0

Thanks!

Sorry. I haven't been to the fleet since I got your email. Unless someone beats me to it, I'll add you tonight.
    edited August 2012
    Thanks. Someone sent me an invite. :)
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Our T2 transwarp has finished. Keep up the good work cats, we're almost to T3 military. Once thats done we can start on the T3 base:).
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Just want to let everyone know that in today's patch they are making another change to the doffs.

fleet doffs can once again be used in any projects which will greatly help in speeding up construction, however the amounts players get for dismissing them has been significantly reduced but at least is now universal.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=371891
  • Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Next time one of you Shadowcat Elite or Master's are in game, can you please send out fleet mail explaing to all members what captainrevo1 stated above.

I'm just watching the end of Ghostbusters then having an early night, got a job interview tomorrow morning so have a good one, catch up with you all soon!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    kalecto wrote: »
    Next time one of you Shadowcat Elite or Master's are in game, can you please send out fleet mail explaing to all members what captainrevo1 stated above.

I'm just watching the end of Ghostbusters then having an early night, got a job interview tomorrow morning so have a good one, catch up with you all soon!

I'll send one out. Good luck with the job interview as well:).
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And our Tier 3 Shipyard is rrrrunning!
    In 7 Days we can get our T3 Ships.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    valenn1 wrote: »
    And our Tier 3 Shipyard is rrrrunning!
    In 7 Days we can get our T3 Ships.

I didn't even get a chance to log on to see the requirements. Man our fleet is awesome!
    edited September 2012
    Nice job all on the T3 shipyard! Sorry I've not been able to be on much to help. Been very sick and of course the day I come back on the entire game chat is down :/.
  • Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just when I thought things were busy enough for me, I got more piled on top. At this rate, I may never find time to play STO again. Hopefully I can get things in better balance / find a way to not have to do as much.

Considering it took me 2 days to find 2 minutes to make this post ... well, it could be a while.

Until then, make sure the Caitian Evil is still getting reduced while I'm gone. ;)
    edited September 2012
    The foundry daily is once again giving 50 fleet marks and it looks like it is now permanently on.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5593791&postcount=2

/party.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    That's sweet news Revo!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I wanted to address an issue regarding the special projects (the ones that take fleet marks/doffs etc and last for 30 mins).

As we are hitting the upper tiers now things are going to start getting very expensive, and while the special projects are designed for large fleets to generate fleet credits quickly, I'm not sure the fleet is large enough to continuing using these effectively.

I don't believe there is going to be a shortage of projects that requite fleet marks/dilithium going forward and most of the other requirements like the consumables provide so few credits that its often not worth the hassle, plus they tend to just get in the way when the limited time projects turn up.

So if everybody agrees I think we should stop selecting the special projects. A fleet mail would need to go out to let everybody know but first I want to make sure people agree. If people feel that we are moving through them quickly enough and see the benefit of them then fine but I think they will start to hider us more than help from now on.

Can I have some of your thoughts please?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I wanted to address an issue regarding the special projects (the ones that take fleet marks/doffs etc and last for 30 mins).

As we are hitting the upper tiers now things are going to start getting very expensive, and while the special projects are designed for large fleets to generate fleet credits quickly, I'm not sure the fleet is large enough to continuing using these effectively.

I don't believe there is going to be a shortage of projects that requite fleet marks/dilithium going forward and most of the other requirements like the consumables provide so few credits that its often not worth the hassle, plus they tend to just get in the way when the limited time projects turn up.

So if everybody agrees I think we should stop selecting the special projects. A fleet mail would need to go out to let everybody know but first I want to make sure people agree. If people feel that we are moving through them quickly enough and see the benefit of them then fine but I think they will start to hider us more than help from now on.

Can I have some of your thoughts please?
    I've thought this since day one. It hurts having resources go into a special project when slots 1-3 are open or about to open very soon. The special project slot should only be used for the featured project every 2 weeks now.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Special projects are here to generate a useless currency actually, since fleet credits have no meaningful use, except buying doffs you may use in the projects. The problem is that each project requires 600 fleetmarks, and that's something hard to get if you don't doff.

Also, I noted a MAJOR issue: slotting operational assets provisioning is a BAD idea. They require loads of specific doffs and reward 500 xp only. Op assets are everything but usefull anyway, so it would be nice not to get stucked for 4 or 5 days on them. :D
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I agree on the Special Procjects issue (Slot 5) we are neither enough active players nor do we have more than a handfull fleetmark grinder.
    Its simply frustrating to see slot 5 being filled with marks for a laughable amount of XP while multiple other far more important projects are still idle, lacking just the fleetmarks.
    Also, I noted a MAJOR issue: slotting operational assets provisioning is a BAD idea. They require loads of specific doffs and reward 500 xp only. Op assets are everything but usefull anyway, so it would be nice not to get stucked for 4 or 5 days on them. :D

The last one was a Relic from the shipyard grind, normally the queues are corrected within a short time if sensless projects are queued (buffs or operations) currently we have slot 1&2 construction&research (just 1 k XP) and on slot 3 alternating personal requisitions engineering/sci.

Btw:If desired i can offer ~3000 Fleetmarks from Non-Ferasan KDF alts when the Starbase comes up (i heard rumours that the base III will take a bit over 10k and several dozend green DOFFs).
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    No offence intended but I'd rather not have non-Ferasan's join the fleet simply to contribute to the fleet's Shadowcat Lair, this takes the opportunity to contribute away from actual Ferasan fleet members.

As for the matter at hand, I'm personally not seeing a problem as the fleet is intended to be a casual fleet, we shouldn't feel the need to rush anything. I feel there's no need to stop special projects all together, they're there as an option for those who want to contribute.

If someone feel the need to send out fleet mail on this topic, I would suggest sending out Shadowmail simply to provide information on the mechanics of the project system, the pros and cons of contributing to one project over another. It should be down to the individual Shadowcat member to decide which project they wish to contribute to out of the options the Shadowcat Elite and Shadowcat Master's provide.

Shadowmail with information on this topic that also explains the best ways to gather resources to contribute would be far more useful for the fleet, than simply preventing fleet members from contributing to special projects.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I'm mixed on the issue. On the one hand, I'd hate for some people to get behind the curve when it comes to FC because they happened to not be online whenever a major project started (I think Tier III has a 7-day cooldown). So I can understand the desire to use that 5th project when the rest are unavailable.

On the other hand, I get where you are coming from.

We may not be a large fleet, but I've yet to contribute to a Tier upgrade. They were always filled before I got on.
    edited September 2012
    kalecto wrote: »
    No offence intended but I'd rather not have non-Ferasan's join the fleet simply to contribute to the fleet's Shadowcat Lair, this takes the opportunity to contribute away from actual Ferasan fleet members.

As for the matter at hand, I'm personally not seeing a problem as the fleet is intended to be a casual fleet, we shouldn't feel the need to rush anything. I feel there's no need to stop special projects all together, they're there as an option for those who want to contribute.

If someone feel the need to send out fleet mail on this topic, I would suggest sending out Shadowmail simply to provide information on the mechanics of the project system, the pros and cons of contributing to one project over another. It should be down to the individual Shadowcat member to decide which project they wish to contribute to out of the options the Shadowcat Elite and Shadowcat Master's provide.

Shadowmail with information on this topic that also explains the best ways to gather resources to contribute would be far more useful for the fleet, than simply preventing fleet members from contributing to special projects.

That would still leave 7k fleet marks for everyone to donate. 3k is barely a dent in these big requirements.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I think everyone should check this thread:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=379951

:)
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.