test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    I know something rarer. It's called a snipe.
    Actually, that was how the term, "Sniper" came about. The (English) Royal Army's best Marksmen would go hunting for those tiny birds. Whomever was able to actually kill one (bringing it back to base as proof) was then declared a Sniper. :D

Oh and the term "Sharpshooter" came about in Amerika because those particular Marksmen used Sharps rifles, so they were "Sharps Shooters." :D

/end history lesson
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Actually, that was how the term, "Sniper" came about. The (English) Royal Army's best Marksmen would go hunting for those tiny birds. Whomever was able to actually kill one (bringing it back to base as proof) was then declared a Sniper. :D

Oh and the term "Sharpshooter" came about in Amerika because those particular Marksmen used Sharps rifles, so they were "Sharps Shooters." :D

/end history lesson

Where did the term "Marksmen" come from?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sirepical wrote: »
    Where did the term "Marksmen" come from?
    probably from the same place sharpshooter came from - named after the type of weapon they use
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cat picture of the day.
    Little Toto from Big Cat Diary before he passed away as a baby.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr0ufsbTVO1qjkqsso1_400.jpg
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited July 2013
    The word "mark" pre-dates the word "target," So someone who specialized in archery was called a Marksman. This was for the better, since Targetsman just does not sound good.

Fun fact, King James II actually banned golf because it interfered with the army practising their archery.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    edited July 2013
    The word "mark" pre-dates the word "target," So someone who specialized in archery was called a Marksman. This was for the better, since Targetsman just does not sound good.

Fun fact, King James II actually banned golf because it interfered with the army practising their archery.

But hitting the opposite army with white pieces of (whatever golf balls are made of) and metal clubs is more effective......
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    edited July 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    But hitting the opposite army with white pieces of (whatever golf balls are made of) and metal clubs is more effective......
    let's see, hitting a target with a small orb of what was most likely wood back then, or hitting them with a sharp, pointed tip that was often poisoned or barbed...yeah, i think i'll take archers over golfers for my army
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    M'Vore the master of all things orbs firmly believes that golfing balls like many objects are always far more useful for things other than their intended use, especially as very adaptable weaponry when viewed from the perspective of a ninja, but completely innocent looking to anyone else :D! *Fox snicker* M'vore is sure he could get them banned in many territories.
    edited July 2013
    M'Vore the master of all things orbs firmly believes that golfing balls like many objects are always far more useful for things other than their intended use, especially as very adaptable weaponry when viewed from the perspective of a ninja, but completely innocent looking to anyone else :D! *Fox snicker* M'vore is sure he could get them banned in many territories.
    m'vore, you could get STYROFOAM banned in many territories

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2013
    *Collective gasp*
    Voporak killed Zira!
    edited July 2013
    *Collective gasp*
    Voporak killed Zira!
    great! now she can't take over the galaxy anymore

voporak, do me a favor? go after taz next

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2013
    Actually, the clubs were wood. The balls were leather, and usually stuffed with grass, leaves, or anything similar.
    edited July 2013
    Actually, the clubs were wood. The balls were leather, and usually stuffed with grass, leaves, or anything similar.
    i kind of figured that...they wouldn't have wasted metal on something like that back then - pretty much all of it was being used to forge weapons and armor

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2013
    There still lies one threat that must be stopped before the conflict ends.
    http://www.lionking.org/~unicorn/artwork/Scar.jpeg
    edited July 2013
    maybe i should help voporak with that one...he looks kind of mean

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2013

And I will be there, waiting...
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wish the Daeinos had the IRW prefix. After-all, I "RP" T'va-rul as a Tal Shiar agent.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
    edited July 2013
    As a final nod to I'Zira (may she RIP) I have added a faint three-slash scar to the side of Voporak's face on his Odyssey uniform. After all, she slapped me with her paw. And then I utterly wiped the floor in space. :rolleyes:
    edited July 2013
    I wish the Daeinos had the IRW prefix. After-all, I "RP" T'va-rul as a Tal Shiar agent.
    it doesn't? every other romulan ship in the game has that prefix - why is that the only one that doesn't?

#LegalizeAwoo

• loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hilarious! But don't let your kids watch.

Poor reporter though...

You can actually hear almost kyubi-ish snickering in the background...
    edited July 2013
    loukoc wrote: »
    Hilarious! But don't let your kids watch.

Poor reporter though...
    i don't know how you do it, but that avatar is even more creepy than the last one...

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2013
    i don't know how you do it, but that avatar is even more creepy than the last one...

I'm the master of creepy?
    edited July 2013
    I'm the master of creepy?
    what happened to pestilence and chaos?

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2013
    what happened to pestilence and chaos?

Nothing, I'm a master of them too. Being an Iconian, I specialize in a variety of evil stuff...
    edited July 2013
    Nothing, I'm a master of them too. Being an Iconian, I specialize in a variety of evil stuff...
    we still don't know that the iconians are actually evil...it could be some other race using their name and technology

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    As a final nod to I'Zira (may she RIP)......
    Wait....Is Ashkrik going to delete a bunch of characters? :eek:
    edited July 2013
    i...seriously doubt it; not after all that hark work he's put into zira

#LegalizeAwoo

edited July 2013
    it doesn't? every other romulan ship in the game has that prefix - why is that the only one that doesn't?

Dunno. It only has RRW and USS. The Scorpion fighter is the same way. None/RRW/USS.
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    edited July 2013

I'Zira will get better.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!