Install Arc

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    In other news, did The Ashkrik see this guy's siggy? :D
    don't know about him, but i just did...clever pun
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now to see if I truly Jinxed this by saying second or more emergency maintenance yesterday hehe, we'll see after this if that comes true!

But again, I still know from experience how it is with my own paws in game server assistance, you just cannot replicate all situations and factors in a test environment or test server, to find all possible flaws, you just have to push an update to the main server environment and hope for the best and quickly find and resolve bugs found there. And even if it looks like server load is to blame, there can be far more than just server load itself factoring in problems.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now to see if I truly Jinxed this by saying second or more emergency maintenance yesterday hehe, we'll see after this if that comes true!

But again, I still know from experience how it is with my own paws in game server assistance, you just cannot replicate all situations and factors in a test environment or test server, to find all possible flaws, you just have to push an update to the main server environment and hope for the best and quickly find and resolve bugs found there. And even if it looks like server load is to blame, there can be far more than just server load itself factoring in problems.

According to this guy, you're all wrong. :P

In other news, there's no other news.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited May 2013
    Well, just saying, when in QA, you realize that problems are often not what the players perceive them to be, like when a certain amount of players got into the server where I'm at, it often crashed, but it was not because the server couldn't handle it, it was more than capable, but a single line of code was off that crashed if the map concluded with a certain number of players present.

Or like another bug that only happened if two projectiles of a certain type met midair and crashed the server lol. Players assumed the crash was overload, but no it was not, just number of players made it more likely to happen. Small examples for a small game I deal with, but principle is the same in larger scale and potentially far less obvious than these examples. Certain things just cannot always be caught in beta testing.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In other news, did The Ashkrik see this guy's siggy? :D

*Adds Romulan cats*

Now it's perfect.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited May 2013
    Well, just saying, when in QA, you realize that problems are often not what the players perceive them to be, like when a certain amount of players got into the server where I'm at, it often crashed, but it was not because the server couldn't handle it, it was more than capable, but a single line of code was off that crashed if the map concluded with a certain number of players present.

Or like another bug that only happened if two projectiles of a certain type met midair and crashed the server lol. Players assumed the crash was overload, but no it was not, just number of players made it more likely to happen. Small examples for a small game I deal with, but principle is the same in larger scale and potentially far less obvious than these examples. Certain things just cannot always be caught in beta testing.

Exactly, we don't work at Cryptic, we don't know the ins and outs.
    edited May 2013
    i don't know if it's related to the current server issues or all the people currently raging here, but the forums are really laggy for me
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited May 2013
    i don't know if it's related to the current server issues or all the people currently raging here, but the forums are really laggy for me

Same for me, it's the mass whining that's slowing it down.

No, really. The huge amount of people logging onto the forums to say the servers are down, or whine about entitlement.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Same for me, it's the mass whining that's slowing it down.

No, really. The huge amount of people logging onto the forums to say the servers are down, or whine about entitlement.

*I'Zira pounces on her frenemy*

BLAH! I can't test my evil toxins and complete my plan bcause the galaxy is down! You owe me frenemy!
    Give me compensation! I demand free victories in future battles!
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited May 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    *I'Zira pounces on her frenemy*

BLAH! I can't test my evil toxins and complete my plan bcause the galaxy is down! You owe me frenemy!
    Give me compensation! I demand free victories in future battles!

Grumpy cat wants to have a word with you.
    edited May 2013
    STO is back up

#LegalizeAwoo

edited May 2013
    STO is back up

Wait for it. Everyone storms in, crashes it, and goes back to blaming Cryptic. OH, not to mention that they'll want a reimbursement for it.
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Wait for it. Everyone storms in, crashes it, and goes back to blaming Cryptic. OH, not to mention that they'll want a reimbursement for it.
    they didn't crash it the first time; cryptic deliberately shut it down

so if it survived the first stampede, it'll survive the second :P

#LegalizeAwoo

edited May 2013
    they didn't crash it the first time; cryptic deliberately shut it down

so if it survived the first stampede, it'll survive the second :P

Could not login for an unknown reason
    Retrieving list of characters...
    Login time expired

it might not have been officially down at first, but it was down.

EDIT: Right now, the word on the street is that no one can get in. :)
    I'd say it's down, whether they say it's up or not.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    edited May 2013
    Who's up for a party when it gets to 50,000 in the queue?
    edited May 2013
    Not me. I'll be taking a day or two vacation away from this insanity. If (IF) Cryptic ever sorts this out, send me a message on Steam........:rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    edited May 2013
    Well, I was in for a few mins, but game crashed when I recalled my MVAE sections! Then got stuck in the queue which is jammed again. I give up for now, maybe a few hours later when even less people will be on I'll try again. Sigh, back to my other work then.
    edited May 2013
    Not going to happen. The servers are coming down again....:rolleyes:
    edited May 2013
    Not going to happen. The servers are coming down again....:rolleyes:
    *swears viciously and runs an epohh through with his claws* grrrrrrrrrrr...well, better to fix everything now as it comes up instead of leaving it for later when it piles up and becomes overwhelming, like they've been doing for the past 3 years

#LegalizeAwoo

• loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STO is like quicksand, the more you try to log in, the more you get stuck in maintenances or queues

In an unrelated note my water is normal now! Hooray no more brown water coming out the faucets...
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, I'm quite enjoying playing LoR. If only they made felines for Rommie faction.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
    edited May 2013
    Just gotta keep asking about them so they know there is a great deal of interest, I even did recently in RA if those romulan eye-browed caitians on Nimbus were possible examples of future cat hybrids for the republic.

Oh and our minkii keeper has fresh water again =^,.,^= *refills the drinking water for them* *squeaks rubber minkii toy in loukoc's ear* Teehee!
    edited May 2013
    *walks up behind a doc and sniffs the squeaky minkii*

#LegalizeAwoo

edited May 2013
    So far, this vacation is helping me greatly. I finally finished something that I was meaning to do for a long time. :D
    edited May 2013
    and STO is back up again; that's the second time now they've finished maintenance early...are they actually starting to become semi-competent?! :eek:

#LegalizeAwoo

edited May 2013
    and STO is back up again; that's the second time now they've finished maintenance early...are they actually starting to become semi-competent?! :eek:

You know what they say, it's the old Scotty trick, If you think it'll take an hour to do, tell them two hours then they'll think you're a miracle worker! Or something like that.
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game looks great! I may get on this weekend and start the video series of L'ewk, the Jedi Ninja. I had to create a character called DeleteMe in order to unlock the Remans (which is weird). But I was able to jump on with little issue.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    Game looks great! I may get on this weekend and start the video series of L'ewk, the Jedi Ninja. I had to create a character called DeleteMe in order to unlock the Remans (which is weird). But I was able to jump on with little issue.

I had to give away 50 Romulan marks to unlock Remans. Now I have a pig/bat lady to play on greenside :D
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm playing with a Lib Borg Rommie, for traditions sake. I am liking the Rommie faction so far.

Though the cannot skill up bug is annoying.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!