test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problems with the new forums: A complete list.

Comments

• podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We're continuing to work on the list in the OP, and will update/ fix/ change what we can, as fast as we can.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for this, Brandon.

I know you won't be able to address everything that we've mentioned that's changed. Some things (like custom avatars) seem to be policy changes, and while I may not be happy with that policy change, obviously I can work with what you've allowed in terms of signatures.

But I'm really glad to know that Cryptic/PWE/Et al is taking this thread as constructive feedback. That's certainly got to be difficult with all the flood of negativity. Your coming back to this thread to let us know that our reports are being seen.. is remarkably gratifying.

It's nice to feel we've been heard, even if we can't change the company's mind about some decisions.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • inudracoinudraco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm in the same boat, because of my Perfect World account, MundaneRaptor has just become inudraco.
    There's no way to keep my cryptic name? Or have a forum specific display name for the cryptic forums?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jared1701jared1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Updates to a few items!

#13 - The Dev Tracker is working and I am adding Devs to the tracker :) We're looking into how we can make the Dev Tracker viewable when not logged in (you can view it when not logged in now, but you need to enter the Captcha)

#31 - 'Dominian' is now 'Dominion'

We're continuing to work on the list in the OP, and will update/ fix/ change what we can, as fast as we can.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Cool! glad to hear you're working on getting things fixed! Hopefully you can get customer Avatars again... and allow people to change their old screen names back to what they had before. I think that would make a lot of people happy, along with the rest of the list of course. Thanks for trying!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Jean-Luc Picard
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    #13 - The Dev Tracker is working and I am adding Devs to the tracker :) We're looking into how we can make the Dev Tracker viewable when not logged in (you can view it when not logged in now, but you need to enter the Captcha)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Is the STO Dev Tracker on Twitter gonna be hooked back up soon?
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Searching for people (only tried tracking devs down so far) causes a database error that cannot be resolved.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Searching for people (only tried tracking devs down so far) causes a database error that cannot be resolved.

This is true of all users, regardless of whether or not you have "exact name" checked and if you search for terms or not. It fails even if you use the exact name of a current, post forum debacle user.

Dev Tracker: I only see BranFlakes and Heretic being searched for... I wonder if the Cryptic devs are having issues getting their usernames set up properly too.

Edit: Signatures blend into posts, which can be an issue.
  • sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    This is true of all users, regardless of whether or not you have "exact name" checked and if you search for terms or not. It fails even if you use the exact name of a current, post forum debacle user.

Dev Tracker: I only see BranFlakes and Heretic being searched for... I wonder if the Cryptic devs are having issues getting their usernames set up properly too.

Edit: Signatures blend into posts, which can be an issue.

Especially now that it is crypticheretic
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • inudracoinudraco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The inserting of a signature pic is somewhat confusing and not retroactive. :eek:

Also no way to have a custom display name for the cryptic pw forums.

*screams in terror* *laments to the heavens*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited June 2012
    I think I just got banned.
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited June 2012
    Or not. I can't start a new thread though.
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    43. Option to reset timezone settings has apparently disappeared.

This has been resolved.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    though i understand the need to standardize the infrastructure . STO player lost alot of features that were avail to us. STO is not included in the core connect feature . so no connection to our characters and such , no access to the mail system .
    so much lost not enough real gain for STO players .
    this was poorly executed IMO.
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Is the STO Dev Tracker on Twitter gonna be hooked back up soon?

I was discussing that with Branflakes and StarbaseuGC on Twitter earlier - it's an unofficial bot, it might take a little reprogramming if we can trace down the owner.
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I might have lost this one in the list but: Where's my reserved name? It's obviously reserved because PWE wouldn't let me create a PWE account with it and wouldn't let me select what name I wanted to display after Linking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Need a more clear way of seeing new posts then a slightly bolder text.
  • suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Heres another one to add to the long list:-

* Part of the LTS offer is the 'career officer' title and 'custom username colour'. Before LTS users had a blue name (as an advertsied part of buying the LTS) compared to normal users white names, however, now everyones names are blue, this is actually breaking part of what was offered in the LTS package.

A minor issue, but still an issue none the less.
  • skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Biggest problem I have is that it's now annoying to track whos post is whos in a large thread with many contributors.

In a well designed forum, a mere glance to the left should be enough to know who's post it is if you've been talking to them already. But as it is, there are no custom avatars, and only 13 pre-existing ones to choose from, which on a forum with 100s of regular users will result in plenty of duplication. To top it off, user's names are tiny, and placed under the avatar where a member title would normally appear.

Yeah, I know it's only an extra second of reading, but it's just an absolutely needless frustration resulting from a poor design choice that can be easily changed. A forum shouldn't be annoying to read because of how it's designed. It should be annoying cos everyone's being a reactionary troll :)
  • josephkerrjosephkerr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My biggest problem, and this one really should be at the top of the OP's list:-

The Decision.

Yes, the decision to replace something that was demonstrably better in many ways with something that not only is worse, but isn't fully working either.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    "Last visited" link seems to be broken:

Welcome, blackjackwidow.
    You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM

LOL - Might change after today, as I just created the PWE account and linked.

My biggest gripe is already listed, but have to say again:

No way to change display to your own time zone! SO annoying. :mad:

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I;m on battery so reading 12 pages just to check for this isn;t something i feel comfortable with.

It;s customary to separate the Signature with the post content with a couple of dashed lines. That way readers can tell them apart.

Sounds silly but considering how hard it is to read these forums with everything running together, it;s needed.
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Not sure if this was on the list, but when I try to logon with my iPhone, the logon "popup" keeps bouncing down below where I can actually logon.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Awesome! 3 down Brandon!

Only 56 more to go....... :tongue:
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So.... is anyone receiving Thread Subscription emails?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2012
    Still working on the list (and will continue to do so), but more Devs have been added to the tracker :smile:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • captainowen1captainowen1 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    @superherofan ( cuz it won't LET ME QUOTE!)

Same here on my iPad.... It's like a game.... I quickly click my username, then hope I don't mess up, the hit the next button above the letters, cross my fingers for the password, and tap "go"

Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. Straan@captainowen1. USS Potemkin
    NX-978532-A. Tra-Lan in the VKF. "the green dude"

I survived the forum massacre of 2012! Join date: Feb 2012
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    @superherofan ( cuz it won't LET ME QUOTE!)

Same here. Can't quote unless I copy and paste what I want to quote and actually type out the BB code Quote tags. Actually, I have to copy and paste twice. 1) for the user name... go back and, 2) copy the text I want to quote! Seriously inconvenient for what used to be such a simple task!

This is exactly what I had to do above to quote you captainowen1
  • asrekdal101asrekdal101 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    a language of positron...
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I like the new forums and everyone is putting their avatars in their sigs so I can tell who everyone is again.

I say we give them a chance.
  • tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I like the new forums and everyone is putting their avatars in their sigs so I can tell who everyone is again.

I say we give them a chance.

not like we have a choice.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    [QUOTE=reginamala78;4328591]I can't figure out how to turn off signatures and avatars now like I had set up before. I found the place where I could add one for myself (if I wanted one), but where do I turn them off altogether? How do I do that?[/QUOTE]

Click this link http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Uncheck them in the display thread options.

For some reason these settings are not readily accessible form the User CP menu.
This discussion has been closed.