test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

IT'S OFFICIAL: The New Forums = FAIL

badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
The feedback has been overwhelmingly negative. Gigantic header? Lost previous posts? NO Customizability of Avatars? Forced merging of accounts....:confused:

Weaksausce. Fail

"Like a poor marksman they keep...missing...the target!"
Post edited by badname834854 on

Comments

• admiralbeaneadmiralbeane Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Don't forget the adds at the top
    Admiral-Beane

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aug 2010
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am dissapointed on at least 160 diffrent levels...

AND WTH is up with "join date"...

ALSO... WHERE ARE MY C-POINTS? (I know they are called Zen... Deal with it)
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It is like, walking into a hellish nightmare....
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • jared1701jared1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh and they calender and clock are screwed up, check out my sig. Massive FAIL!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Jean-Luc Picard
    edited June 2012
    anazonda wrote: »

We all joined PWE at the same time, Cryptic join dates are irrelevant.
    Admiral-Beane

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aug 2010
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We all joined PWE at the same time, Cryptic join dates are irrelevant.

With all nessacary respect... I don't care.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • borgarrayborgarray Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I believe this sums it all up perfectly.

http://youtu.be/B8noGPA5N70
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    With all nessacary respect... I don't care.

I do not like this either, i was just giving it from what i thought was PWE's PoV
    Admiral-Beane

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aug 2010
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am dissapointed on at least 160 diffrent levels...

ALSO... WHERE ARE MY C-POINTS? (I know they are called Zen... Deal with it)
    Your c-store points should not have been touched. If you log into game and see they aren't there, then file a support ticket.

As for the join date, this commonly happens with forum mergers that don't save certain information. From what it looks like, it just transferred our basic user settings and that be all.

It's not like that's a huge deal in the grand scheme of things though :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

edited June 2012
    THIS is most definitely the response to these changes I'm sensing on the ENTIRE forum AND in game

http://youtu.be/qSAKHLbCUGk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm going to go ahead and quote myself for quoting myself.
    I'm going to go ahead and quote myself from a different STO forum.

"OMG, this is quite possibly one of the worst designs in both functionality, and aesthetics I've seen. I think they ordered extra Failsauce with this late night drive-through combo meal of a site redesign."

I still stand by my personal and professional opinion.

It wasn't broken, then you tried to fix it. Now, we're stuck with a car that's duct taped together, when it didn't have a scratch on it.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • kerrilyn1kerrilyn1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yah new forums are NOT nifty. Thanks for teh name collision too~

Also what does PWE have against upper case??

T.T

Kerries demands better forums~
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    kerrilyn1 wrote: »
    Also what does PWE have against upper case??

Nothing.

You can unlock uppercase characters account-wide for a simple c-store micro transaction.

:wink:
  • whyomewhyome Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well PW has failed so much they mess the forums up and erase the last shred of support from the cyptic team by removing the captains data base this has become more than hell this has become a cluster F**k why dont PW see that there destroying the community that was built.
  • xhellspawnyxxhellspawnyx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What a fail. :mad:
    VA50 Rabiator|One of Nine|Reisswolf|Nemesis|Tisiphone|Bankster|StalkerOne of Many|Kyuss|Groo
    LG50 Thirty-One|Minki|An Unknown Entity|Schnucki|Vif|Sister of Mercy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Lame PWE forums framework is lame.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The feedback has been overwhelmingly negative. Gigantic header? Lost previous posts? NO Customizability of Avatars? Forced merging of accounts....:confused:

Weaksausce. Fail

"Like a poor marksman they keep...missing...the target!"

I add something -i can't seem to change how many posts I see per page. That blows, since I dislike flipping pages all the time. I prefer to scroll, that's why Logic created the mouse wheel.

Mustrum "Or was it Bill Gates" Ridcully
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Agreed with OP.
  • dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is the biggest piece of [insert profanity of choise] to hit STO in a loooong time! Replacing a fully functioning forum with this TRIBBLE...

Bad things about new forum:
    - Can not set custom avatar
    - Can not keep old username
    - Can not access old threads
    - Can not edit old threads
    - Limited customizing for signature
    - Crappy looking screen UI
    - All old subscriptions gone
    - Does not auto-subscribe threads you create.
    - Cursor not visible in empty lines of the reply box
    - unintuitive messy layout
    - Dev tracker not working
    - join date reset
    - no in-game mail access

Good things about the new forum/webpage:
    - ???
    - Can not buy c-points
    edited June 2012
    Well done guys, well done...

Everyone was getting super excited about Season 6 and just starting to feel good and positive about things and you go and do this kind of bull**** with no warning....like seriously...did you guys do a course or something in how to destroy customer relations? You seem to have a PhD in it.

http://i.imgur.com/5Yu1z.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • percyfawcettpercyfawcett Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What's confusing is, that now we have some PW names that may not be the same as the names we use in STO seeing as the user name format is different
    @lucifer.baphomet in game, and on the NPW forums
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Forum subscriptions lost, avatars lost, bb code in signatures lost...

Moving over to new forums and loosing functionality is not too bad if we were warned and could at least make a note of subscribed URLs, signatures etc!!
  • cmdrskipcmdrskip Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    jared1701 wrote: »
    Oh and they calender and clock are screwed up, check out my sig. Massive FAIL!

You must have warped round the sun in a clapped out BoP and emerged somewhere in Perfect World hell logged into a non existent website seen the state of threw up and headed back to 2012.....

Either that or Perfect worlds forum software is so old it clearly needs an upgrade.
    Original Forum Info
    Name: Peewee28
  • ebeneezergoodeebeneezergoode Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is indeed truly rubbish. I can't think why they'd do such a sloppy job. Are PWE's web designers some poor kids locked up in a sweat shop or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blkdemonknightblkdemonknight Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Okay zero Zen?
    Ive been ripped off, where my c store points go?
  • speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    so I've linked my accounts, i went to purchase zen, but, it doesnt allow me to because it doesnt recognise any of my characters, as being level 10 or greater... oh dear :rolleyes:
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It's pretty astounding that they managed to actively make things worse by breaking features no one wanted changing. Avatars, signatures, proper usernames, thread subscriptions, legible fonts, stacked quoting, awful design proportions, default buttons from the vBulletin theme without any anti-aliasing... why in the world did no one at least test this thing on a dummy server before suddenly rolling it out live without warning?

I have a theory that with the avatars especially, the PWE/Bioware marketing department got the idea that demoralizing their customers and turning them into a faceless, meaningless horde would make them less independent or difficult to deal with. You have to understand that a lot of suits see forums or the whole customer support area as something bothersome and costly, something to get rid of if possible, relegate into a dark, embarrassing corner if not.

Companies like this don't want active communities, they want a sea of grey gooey customers who'll fork out their credit cards without asking too many pesky questions. Real lame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This stupid and dirty work to linking my accounts make a nightmare to me.

I can't buy c-points because in the website of PW my characters don't exist.

I can't transfers my characters to test servers because the @%#$@%?#$?#?%@%!$@#%T@%@%TRIBBLE%@%$RW%TR@#%@#%@?T@#%T@#$%@W%@#%$R@#%@%T@%$R#T@%R@%@#$ webpage of Star Trek online @#$%#$&Y#%?#%T@!#%@#?@#%$@%#@%R@%T@#$R%@W$R%@#%@%T@#$ can't find my own chars, can't find my own c-points, can't find !%#@?#$@?%TRIBBLE?Y#TRIBBLE%T@%T#?#@ ?#@?#W$Y?$?&#E?#@?TRIBBLE?Y&(IY?#W$?%# of my account.

Really, this is really awnfull. This is traumatic, dumb and dirty work made from Crypt and from PW.

At least, make a decent work and make a decent work or at least give a decent explanation.

I really hate this. Is really don't want to spend a single $ in this game every more. And before this 3%$?$#?#$$@%@#$#&%*#%?# stupid work to linking my accounts, I have a lot of C-items and have wondering to get a gold membership.

But because this, I get stressed and tired, gived up. If the staff of PW and Crypt can't make a decent work, don't make anything worse. AGAIN.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Comic Sans Ftw. Luv The New Forums Hahahahhaa
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • zinfyndaelzinfyndael Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hmmm... Put me down as another vote for not likeing the poor design on the 'new' forums. It's like they used a 'build your own website now" kit or something. It has a very amateurish and blocky feel to it, unlike the polish and flow of the previous site.

And here I was very impressed with the previous site coming from games like DDO and LOTRO. It allowed you to read your in-game mail, purchase points, buy things in the C-Store, all from the comfort of your browser... VERY slick and professional feeling.

I was suitably impressed. Now... Not so much.

New Forums definitely = FAIL.