Ads? I see no ads.

What ads?
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Member Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My display name!

*cries*
  • nadja92nadja92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have to say I am not a fan of this...and I even linked my PWE months ago lol so god knows why it says June 2012....complete nonsense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • esadpweesadpwe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am amazed at the total lack of respect PWE demonstrates when it comes to what the users have to say about the sloppy way they have run this IP. Star Trek Online has the potential to be a great game. My opinion is that PWE's other offerings are geared toward a different caliber of player than the STO player. Maybe I am wrong about that. I do consider PWE's games to be junk and to be honest I have never had any interest in that sort of game.
  • igardigard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I suppose 1 good thing about the non-customisable avatars is that we can now see how many of us are Feds, Klings and Roms.

However the Rom avatar is kind of hazy.

It is good we approach the Neutral Zone. Not too soon for me to see the stars of home.

-- Mark Lenard's Romulan Commander
  • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2012
    igard wrote: »
    I suppose 1 good thing about the non-customisable avatars is that we can now see how many of us are Feds, Klings and Roms.

However the Rom avatar is kind of hazy.

Or Terran Empire? >.>
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'll wager a shot and say this board was just created and added so...everyone has a join date of June 2012 because...well, that's when this particular board went live.

Just trying to make some sense out of the nonsensical, though...I guess PW wanted uniformity across all their forums...but really...I preferred the old look better.

I'm...not a fan of the heavily modified vBulletin code used here...

ROLL TIDE ROLL
    edited June 2012
    Or Terran Empire? >.>

Oh, we especially need to know who you devious lot are! :biggrin:

It is good we approach the Neutral Zone. Not too soon for me to see the stars of home.

• mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Looks like Guild Launch designed the new forums. It will get some getting used to. Wish they would change it back, don't see why they changed it, it was working great before, but Perfect World says jump well you know the rest.
  • metamermetamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    While I don't have any major qualms about the account linking to subsume the STO accounts into the broader Perfect World system as it makes some sense given the relationship between the companies, I really do not like the changes to the forums. Aesthetically, I do not think it looks better. The Dev Tracker is harder to skim for information at a glance. These two might change as I get used to it. However, my last two complaints seem unlikely to mellow with age: Losing the forum username previously used with my account and inability to use custom avatars.
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWE's really stepped in it now, haven't they? It's not just the forums that are hosed up, it's the whole game.

If they don't fix things soon, well... I can't bring myself to start SWTOR, but there is an Abramsverse Trek game coming to the PS3 soon. And, I can always start playing Madden again, which I've skipped the past couple of years to focus on STO.

And just when my Foundry mission series was really getting rolling...
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I agree with the OP this was a complete waste of time and is another shot on PWE's armor.
  • mrsupertrekguymrsupertrekguy Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't like that PWE FORCED this on us. They should've at least put a poll on the forums if the should change it or leave it. Even a weeks warning would've been better than a "website maintenance that messes up the whole site.
  • starwarp99starwarp99 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The title of "Perfect World User" under my would-be avatar is... unfortunate.
  • otakuboytotakuboyt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The old forums had to be killed WHY????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    starwarp99 wrote: »
    The title of "Perfect World User" under my would-be avatar is... unfortunate.

Yeah, that's bugging me too. It should really upgrade with the number of posts you make thereby promoting more discussion, but doesn't look like the forums can even do that!

• ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If you bothered to look, all PWE forums follow the same format (RaiderZ, STO, CO and NW follow the new 2012 redesign to the site, original PWE games will follow within the next few months). It's just a part of the integration into the PWE site to make things easier to moderate and help the staff help you. You'll get used to it, honestly.
  • pwedisplaynamepwedisplayname Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It could be worse. Since you can't use special characters, picking a "display name" proved... interesting.
    can't use capitals? even more interesting.

greatscott - taken
    scottgreat - taken
    scottevil - taken
    evilscott - taken
    scottfree - taken
    freescott - taken
    (account name) - can't use
    nevian? - taken
    whycantiuseaccountname - too long

I guess a heck of a lot of Scotts play this game. And Eastern Europeans, since it turns out my made-up-for-RPGs name (Nevian) is a real Czech first name.

I'm really happy that I was finally able to figure out to use was free. Of course, I'm also lucky in that I don't intend to post very much.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wholeheartedly agreed.

Why "fix" what's not broken?

Lost all of my posts. Can't upload my proper avatar and the ones they provide don't work but luckily the wifi connection in my time machine works as my log-in on December 31, 1969 at 4pm was logged.
  • vminkvmink Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    And yet... absolutely nothing will come of this forum rage.

PWE will continue on and continue slowly but surely absorbing everything that used to be Cryptic until it's just another division/subsidiary and there will be nothing left of Cryptic itself. And all this, this game and this franchise, will be nothing more than a free-to-play, pay-for-power game, and will be the last Trek game from the 'prime' universe we grew up with. From now on, anytime someone thinks of 'original Trek' and 'computer games' in the same sentence, they'll be thinking of... lockboxes. Perfect World. And the little game company that got eaten whole. An ignominous end to a scrappy studio. This, more than anything else, is what I hate PW for doing: For turning Cryptic into a memory.

I hope Jack's happy with what's happening to his baby. :frown:
    ---
    Gowron Simmons is pleased to see you, yes!
  • tls1970tls1970 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yesterday was sad for us Star Trek Fans.

To me Cryptic died on the day this game went f2p mode.

All PW care about the money they will make off of us.

To me all Cryptic staff are just pawns to PW and are told what to say to keep people happy.

I have tried to have faith that this game will get better but now I'm getting close of walking away for while.

I may come back to STO after Season 6 start.
  • alaskantruckeralaskantrucker Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    cant acess my ingame email from forum no more. am ijust not doing it rite? i used to b able to check my ingame email while at work using the forum site. i am a high ranking official in a fleet and need to be able to do that. is there a way now that i am just not seeing?
  • sabrevt1100sabrevt1100 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    But it also seems to take alot longer to log in to the forums to be able to post using our new PWE mandated forum names. About the only thing I can say is that actually linking my account seemed to go smooth. I was worried I would find out there was another brobinson1263 user out there but fortunately my cryptic name and pwe name seemed to get along. Too bad I had choose some dumb forum name to use. Oh well. I play STO I don't post much.
    "Bite Me! It's Fun." - Crow T. Robot
    edited June 2012
    If you bothered to look, all PWE forums follow the same format (RaiderZ, STO, CO and NW follow the new 2012 redesign to the site, original PWE games will follow within the next few months). It's just a part of the integration into the PWE site to make things easier to moderate and help the staff help you. You'll get used to it, honestly.

We were fine with the way it was. Some heads up and input would have been better suited for this situation instead of just doing it. That is just common curtsey. But alas that is not PWE's style at all.
  • mazikenmaziken Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    At the very least, these all lowercase forum names have to go. They are terrible looking. I'm older than five and I know how to use proper grammar.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So, still no trace of fixes incoming. And don't think I'll forget about this fail because a nice doffing ship (and more) is coming. I won't. I want customizable (that means more than plain text and images) signatures and, for crying out loud, customizable avatars.

And fix those awfull buttons.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The feedback has been overwhelmingly negative. Gigantic header? Lost previous posts? NO Customizability of Avatars? Forced merging of accounts....:confused:

Weaksausce. Fail

"Like a poor marksman they keep...missing...the target!"

Don't forget those who were not fortunet to keep their old account names like the Nagus.
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • izdanizdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I can see the meeting now.

HEY GUYS! Lets take the really nice and perfectly functional Forums we paid a ton of money for years ago and replace them with some cheap PHP forums!

Thats a great idea!!!!

I hope you guys didn't pay much for these. From the looks of the css it's the same TRIBBLE that you would find on bad wow guild #12's site.

If this is the scripting I think it is they have been also historically VERY unsecured.

Well I hope I 'm wrong :P
    edited June 2012
    izdan wrote: »
    I can see the meeting now.

HEY GUYS! Lets take the really nice and perfectly functional Forums we paid a ton of money for years ago and replace them with some cheap PHP forums!

Thats a great idea!!!!

I hope you guys didn't pay much for these. From the looks of the css it's the same TRIBBLE that you would find on bad wow guild #12's site.

If this is the scripting I think it is they have been also historically VERY unsecured.

Well I hope I 'm wrong :P

Glad to know I wasn't the only one that realized that.
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i dunno, i quite like actually being able to use the forums after many months of not being able to post anything cause i hadnt payed a sub, although the forums do look pretty awfull