test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's time for Cryptic to create EV Suit Slots and EV Suit Vanity Slots

First, I think it's time we had an EV Suit slot for our characters. That way we wouldn't have to swap our armor for EV suits and back again. Many players have asked for it and it would be a nice QoL improvement that would open the door for my 2nd suggestion that I feel would slightly improve profits for Cryptic.

When it comes to costume creation, many parts are interchangeable which allows us to create highly customized looks. But for obvious reasons this does not work with Environmental Suits. Since EV suit parts can probably never be broken up into smaller pieces that we can mix and match, it's high time that we had an EV Suit vanity slot added.

As things currently stand, There are a small number of EV suits that are insanely more powerful than others (Burnham's CQC, Shattering Harmonics etc.). They are so much more powerful that I can't imagine using anything else. However, Cryptic has done a great job making some really cool looking EV Suits that are unfortunately weaker in terms of performance.

So if I want to use some of the other nice looking EV Suits (Jem'Hadar, 23rd Century etc.) I wouldn't even consider spending my resources on them. But if we had an EV Suit Vanity slot, I'd be happy to spend lobi on an EV Suit just for it's visuals. Or zen on a Jem'hadar EV suit visual etc.

It's a win-win for everyone. The players get the visuals they want (increasing space barbie potential) and Cryptic slightly increases it's profitability and garners some good will with the players.
When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I agree with both suggestions.

I believe I've read that the EV suit slots are already being considered, but I haven't seen anything about a vanity slot.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Ev suit slots have been in the works since atleast a few months ago via a statement in one of the ten forward streams but I don't think they are gonna make a vanity slot.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    I think it would be a waste of resources to do that. More important items that need to be addressed in game.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You know, they just reduced the price of Dilitium EV Suits from about 300k to 1k or so. Now, while they also greatly reduced the price of Dilithium Store Consumables, they may be laying some of the groundwork for all this EV Suit slot stuff.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    You know, they just reduced the price of Dilitium EV Suits from about 300k to 1k or so. Now, while they also greatly reduced the price of Dilithium Store Consumables, they may be laying some of the groundwork for all this EV Suit slot stuff.

That seems to be a pretty logical conclusion, i hope you are right, because we really need that ev suit slot
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    If we get ev suit slots I hope our boffs get them too that way I wouldn't have to worry about reequipping their armor after running a mission that requires ev suits.
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    I have been wanting this for such a very long time. I hope they give it to us as it would be a nice QoL update so of like the small ship vs big ship functionality as I suggested so very long ago.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    monodoso wrote: »
    More important items that need to be addressed in game.

Pet Tab?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    gaevsman wrote: »

That seems to be a pretty logical conclusion, i hope you are right, because we really need that ev suit slot

Yea I agree with this!
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    It was supposed to come with the J'Ula TFO, which was originally a ground TFO that required EV suits,

I want to play that. Fighting Elachi walkers on the ground sounds like fun.

• Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I haven't heard anything about them putting the idea on backburner, and the EP, Andre Emmerson, mentions he really likes EV suit content, and wants more of it, so I suspect we might see it sometime later this year.

It would be nice not to need to break my set bonuses before I go into unbreathable hostile environments, heh...
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Yes please.
    There was a time i specificaly used Holo-BOFFS to aviod equiping und unequiping EV-Suits für certain missions, but either this is buggy or they messed up, since now even Holo-Boffs seem to need EV-Suits on some of the missions (and if this is intended: why? it's not like they need to breath o_O). So a EV-Slot would be highly appreciated. Those missions would be so much more fun if it wasn't for the mandatory Inventory management :)
  • Options
    scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I just wish they would fix the TOS EV suit bug.
  • Options
    ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    I know this is late but now it has been a year and like most things cryptic when there is now talk for a year and been said to be put in the back burner it means they hit a wall that cannot be broken and/or require more work than it is worth so they probably just drop the idea and never mention it again. is the idea convenient..,. yes but does it really change the gameplay much... no it makes a marginal improvement to the quality of life but unless there are more situation that require an evsuit the idea is pretty much dead now since they tried, failed and found it is more trouble than it is worth. But heck as long as there is episodes rolling out to push the story or revamping and bringing back old stories that were removed to improvement and then found it was more pain to improve only to bring it back with little to now changes maybe lighting or voice overs it would be fine.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I think this was mentioned on Kael's stream this week, but I forget exactly what was said.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    If someone find me a timestamp or something to demonstrate it was said this week, i'll split off the new comments and make a new thread. otherwise i'm going to close this as a necro. if there is new mentions then i want folks to have the chance at discussing it.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    ulmanchun wrote: »
    I know this is late but now it has been a year and like most things cryptic when there is now talk for a year and been said to be put in the back burner it means they hit a wall that cannot be broken and/or require more work than it is worth so they probably just drop the idea and never mention it again. is the idea convenient..,. yes but does it really change the gameplay much... no it makes a marginal improvement to the quality of life but unless there are more situation that require an evsuit the idea is pretty much dead now since they tried, failed and found it is more trouble than it is worth. But heck as long as there is episodes rolling out to push the story or revamping and bringing back old stories that were removed to improvement and then found it was more pain to improve only to bring it back with little to now changes maybe lighting or voice overs it would be fine.

You are correct in referencing profitability being a concern. Which I why I also mentioned the idea for an EV Suit Vanity slot. As we know, space barbie is one of the main drivers of profitability in this game. I really hope they do add an EV Suit Vanity slot at some point. I'm getting sick of looking at the same envirosuit over and over again.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    I'll hold off on closing this as well for the time being to allow for some research as darkblade has said.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    monodoso wrote: »
    More important items that need to be addressed in game.

Pet Tab?

it's easier to just throw out some no-specific complaint than actually say what is more important.

but yes, Pet Tab
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'll hold off on closing this as well for the time being to allow for some research as darkblade has said.

Tbh I could be completely wrong about it being mentioned, idk. Don't really have time to check the VOD myself.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    I do remember hearing talk about a dedicated EV Suit Slot, but I don't really watch the livestreams. I usually wait for Som's Bulletpoints.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User

I thought I missed this, but it happened over a year ago.

I would like to have visual slots for EV suits. Or they could add EV suits to the tailor.
    One of my characters owns the Discovery lobi suit and while it looks nice, it isn't that great for combat (i.e., for 99% of the game).
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options

I would like to have visual slots for EV suits. Or they could add EV suits to the tailor.
    One of my characters owns the Discovery lobi suit and while it looks nice, it isn't that great for combat (i.e., for 99% of the game).

My TOS characters would like to use the TOS suit visuals.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

Add an "EV Suit" costume type to the tailor -- parts dependent on what EV suits you've unlocked on a given character. Whenever you toggle on your EV suit, regardless of what EV suit you have equipped, a tailored EV costume is what appears. Delete the "EV Suit" costume to revert back to normal.

I don't think this is a workable idea. First, it would be a MASSIVE amount of work on the devs part. Second, customized EV Suits would look terrible as the EV suit parts were never designed to fit together neatly. This is why it's much easier to create an EV Suit Vanity Slot similar to what we have with ships for shields, deflectors and impulse engines.
  • Options
    I don't think this is a workable idea. First, it would be a MASSIVE amount of work on the devs part. Second, customized EV Suits would look terrible as the EV suit parts were never designed to fit together neatly. This is why it's much easier to create an EV Suit Vanity Slot similar to what we have with ships for shields, deflectors and impulse engines.

Well... we do have one EV suit that can be customized in the Tailor, the Discovery Rep one unlocks costume parts. However even if you put the helmet on the suit in the Tailor, the second you turn on the suit you're actually wearing the customized suit is replaced with the functional suit, just like any uniform you're wearing.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    edited March 2021

Add an "EV Suit" costume type to the tailor -- parts dependent on what EV suits you've unlocked on a given character. Whenever you toggle on your EV suit, regardless of what EV suit you have equipped, a tailored EV costume is what appears. Delete the "EV Suit" costume to revert back to normal.

Huh? This is needlessly complicated.

Adding EV suits to the tailor makes sense. Having the activation of a suit overrule that costume, does not. That would totally negate the point of adding them to the tailor. Not to mention that we can't actually delete uniforms or tailor slots, so it would also require changing that.

Just add EV suits to the tailor options, and let players show and hide EV suit visuals the way we toggle any other kind of uniform: by simply right-clicking your status bar and selecting the relevant costume that you've created in the tailor.

That way players can show EV suits on their characters regardless of what armour or suits they actually have equipped.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.