test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    *The ship is vast as the bulkheads are dark, the air is running, but gravity is low.. The lights don't work...*

Velvar: Well isn't this creepy... Who votes to go into the creepy corridor.

S. Sam: Like we have a choice.

*She takes out a small beacon light from her pocket and begins leading the way, with Velvar following. C. Sam looks at Delby, gesturing towards the two leaders as though encouraging Delby to go ahead.*

Delby: Oh no. After you.

*C. Sam glares at her before complying as the two catch up with S. Sam and Velvar.*

S. Sam: Don't run. There's not a lot of gravity here. Won't take much for you to just float into a wall if you do anything more than walk.
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    *Dorman feels the death the Relay implosion caused.... and lowers his head... he looks at the galaxy map as the area fades out*

Dorman: Captain.. If I may go and see my wife. We have a lot to talk about and catch up on.

Matt I think you might want to see your wife. Not sure how long any of us will have.

*Stane cursing the luck he has as Waff's fleet makes its way to one of the hidden bases.*

Stane: We continue our game then. Destabilization.

*Venture sick bay*

*Widow is standing outside waiting for the doctors to finish... She does notice Sanders standing behind her as they stabilize him...*

Widow: Captain... *wiping her eyes..* I did not know you were here.
    edited October 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    S. Sam: Like we have a choice.

*She takes out a small beacon light from her pocket and begins leading the way, with Velvar following. C. Sam looks at Delby, gesturing towards the two leaders as though encouraging Delby to go ahead.*

Delby: Oh no. After you.

*C. Sam glares at her before complying as the two catch up with S. Sam and Velvar.*

S. Sam: Don't run. There's not a lot of gravity here. Won't take much for you to just float into a wall if you do anything more than walk.

*They progress through the ship reaching bulkheads and slow moving walls. But the pressure on Sam's mind and its loud noise in her mind that is incomprehensible. *

Velvar: Can anyone feel that pressure??
    edited November 2013
    *Dorman feels the death the Relay implosion caused.... and lowers his head... he looks at the galaxy map as the area fades out*

Dorman: Captain.. If I may go and see my wife. We have a lot to talk about and catch up on.

Matt I think you might want to see your wife. Not sure how long any of us will have.

*Stane cursing the luck he has as Waff's fleet makes its way to one of the hidden bases.*

Stane: We continue our game then. Destabilization.

*Venture sick bay*

*Widow is standing outside waiting for the doctors to finish... She does notice Sanders standing behind her as they stabilize him...*

Widow: Captain... *wiping her eyes..* I did not know you were here.

*OOC: Okay, I'm ignoring you calling John "Captain" 'cause naval tradition does give him that title, but he is just a Commander in rank. :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm fine now.*

John: Go ahead, Admiral.

*Matt leaves, heading to sickbay.

After Dorman leaves, John turns to the holo-map, looking at the spot where the Relay was, only seeing a mangled chunk of metal.*

Goodbye, James.

Inform the Bridge that I'll be in the Brig.

*2 minutes later, he walks into the Brig, looking at Kela.*

I think you should know that the Relay's been destroyed. Whoever you were trying to bring through aren't coming.

You should also know that because of what you and Stane were trying to do, a good man gave his life. A man with a family, a sister, parents, a nephew, two nieces.

Just thought you'd like to know that.
    edited November 2013
    *They progress through the ship reaching bulkheads and slow moving walls. But the pressure on Sam's mind and its loud noise in her mind that is incomprehensible. *

Velvar: Can anyone feel that pressure??

S. Sam *painfully*: Feels like... something calling...

Delby: I don't feel anything.

C. Sam: Me neither.
    edited November 2013
    S. Sam *painfully*: Feels like... something calling...

Delby: I don't feel anything.

C. Sam: Me neither.

*They reach a room that is dark and quiet but not for S. Sam or Velvar*

Velvar: I think this is it but I don't quite understand. What is this. *he taps controls*

*The lights come on that reveal the vast room filled with terminals working on minimal power and a stasis tank with a humanoid in it. The workers on the walls ignore them as they continue to operate. *
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: Okay, I'm ignoring you calling John "Captain" 'cause naval tradition does give him that title, but he is just a Commander in rank. :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm fine now.*

John: Go ahead, Admiral.

*Matt leaves, heading to sickbay.

After Dorman leaves, John turns to the holo-map, looking at the spot where the Relay was, only seeing a mangled chunk of metal.*

Goodbye, James.

Inform the Bridge that I'll be in the Brig.

*2 minutes later, he walks into the Brig, looking at Kela.*

I think you should know that the Relay's been destroyed. Whoever you were trying to bring through aren't coming.

You should also know that because of what you and Stane were trying to do, a good man gave his life. A man with a family, a sister, parents, a nephew, two nieces.

Just thought you'd like to know that.

Kela: They are still coming. A small victory that comes at high price. Especially when it delays the inevitable. *laughs*

You did not kill Stane nor will you stop what is coming.

Plus you killed a few million people on the neighboring systems to destroy the relay... So don't think your better than me. Your not. All of you have their blood on your hands.
    edited November 2013
    Kela: They are still coming. A small victory that comes at high price. Especially when it delays the inevitable. *laughs*

You did not kill Stane nor will you stop what is coming.

Plus you killed a few million people on the neighboring systems to destroy the relay... So don't think your better than me. Your not. All of you have their blood on your hands.

John: You think we made that choice easily? Several million people or a hundred trillion. The difference is we chose the lesser of two evils.

Commander James Mitchell - the man who sacrificed his life to destroy that Relay - was a good man. He gave his life to save trillions. The Klingons call that honour. So do I. Something people like you wouldn't understand.

*He throws a PADD into her cell, momentarily dropping the forcefield so it can enter, before glaring at her.*

Mitchell was a friend of mine. That PADD has his final words on it; everything he said while he was on the Relay. Listen to it. You might learn something about sacrifice before we give you to the U.G.C. and let them string you up for war crimes.

*He walks out.*
    edited November 2013
    *They reach a room that is dark and quiet but not for S. Sam or Velvar*

Velvar: I think this is it but I don't quite understand. What is this. *he taps controls*

*The lights come on that reveal the vast room filled with terminals working on minimal power and a stasis tank with a humanoid in it. The workers on the walls ignore them as they continue to operate. *

S. Sam: A stasis chamber?

*She walks up to the tank.*

Who's inside?
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sinclaire watched from a distance as the relay was destroyed.

Sinclaire: sadly I know stane to we to know that this will stop him. We will simply have to watch.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    edited November 2013
    Granz sits in his office waiting to hear from Jacob or harper.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    edited November 2013
    S. Sam: A stasis chamber?

*She walks up to the tank.*

Who's inside?

Velvar: One way to know for sure... waking it up..

The longer we are here, the more I sense that it is not hostile.
    edited November 2013
    John: You think we made that choice easily? Several million people or a hundred trillion. The difference is we chose the lesser of two evils.

Commander James Mitchell - the man who sacrificed his life to destroy that Relay - was a good man. He gave his life to save trillions. The Klingons call that honour. So do I. Something people like you wouldn't understand.

*He throws a PADD into her cell, momentarily dropping the forcefield so it can enter, before glaring at her.*

Mitchell was a friend of mine. That PADD has his final words on it; everything he said while he was on the Relay. Listen to it. You might learn something about sacrifice before we give you to the U.G.C. and let them string you up for war crimes.

*He walks out.*

Kela: Honor or no honor what does it matter.

*She ponders for a moment about that mind meld. Was Damon still alive.*
    edited November 2013
    Harper stands on the bridge having not slept since they arrived.

Harper: anything from Jacob.

Ops: no sir nothing.

Harper: I don't like it.
    edited November 2013
    Velvar: One way to know for sure... waking it up..

The longer we are here, the more I sense that it is not hostile.

S. Sam: Agreed. Whoever wants to volunteer, step forward.

*She, C. Sam and Delby all step back. S. Sam grins at Velvar.*

Well, it's very kind of you to volunteer, Velvar.
    edited November 2013
    Ooc: going to work will post again later or when I get off tonight.
    edited November 2013
    Kela: Honor or no honor what does it matter.

*She ponders for a moment about that mind meld. Was Damon still alive.*

*R.S.S. Republic, Situation Room. The Senior Officers of the Republic, Sam, Matt, Dorman, Reynolds and John are all gathered as David fills everyone in on the events at Veridian.*

David: We don't know a hell of a lot about what is happening, but what we do know is that Veridian is building up to supernova. When it does, it will take the entire system with it.

John: Is the system inhabited?

David: Viridian IV is home to a pre-warp civilisation. They're society is at the technological level of mid-20th century Earth, prior to the advent of atomic energy. There are at least 3 Billion people there.

Sam: Let me guess; the star was not supposed to go nova this early.

David: Exactly. Long range scans show a massive amount of twilight energy being fired directly into Veridian's sun.

T'mar: Gee, it's as though someone gave the Shadows a sword capable of destroying--

Sam: Shut up.

Matt: Why would the Shadows do this?

Sam: Theatrics. He needs to use S'tak'ra to open the Forge. He knows that once he does that, we can find him.

Matt: So this is a distraction.

Sam: No. It's a countdown.

David: To what?

Sam: Extinction.

He's going to let the star go nova and, in the wake of the wave, he's going to bring the entire Shadow fleet through, unopposed.

Matt: But his forces on the planet--

Siraga: Will be able to port across the entire Galaxy once they arrive.

*Siraga, Taraka and Ryan have all emerged in the room.*

Ryan: There is no way any of you will be able to stop them once they've arrived. 5 Shadow Vessels? A challenge. Drazaak is going to bring in hundreds!

Siraga: Not even my people at their height could challenge that many vessels, except with the aid of the Preservers, Guardians and Shedai. Now, there are only a handful of Guardians left.

We'll only be able to stop the Shadows if we strike before Veridian goes nova. We destroy the blade once and for all.
    edited November 2013
    Sinclaire soon arrives on the infinity.

Sinclaire: admiral harper where is Jacob.

Harper : he went below to see what was going on below.

Sinclaire: have you heard from him recently.

Harper : no why.

Sinclaire : then let us hope he has remained unseen.
    edited November 2013
    Granz continues watching the reports come in. As the unsc grows more restless by the hour. 45 more ships have been sent to the milky way.
    edited November 2013
    Jacob after scouting a while finds the main " assembly " area.

Jacob: well someone one has been a busy bee.

He takes a few quick scans.
    edited November 2013
    Ooc: if possible let's try to get moving with this before Monday. After Monday for me is bad as I work opening shifts a week. If not I'll manage just would be nice.
    edited November 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    Ooc: if possible let's try to get moving with this before Monday. After Monday for me is bad as I work opening shifts a week. If not I'll manage just would be nice.

OOC: We will try. But still got some things to turn in early this coming week. But at least the weekdays are done. whew..*
    edited November 2013
    Yeah I know man. Been busy with work so I know lol.
    edited November 2013
    *R.S.S. Republic, Situation Room. The Senior Officers of the Republic, Sam, Matt, Dorman, Reynolds and John are all gathered as David fills everyone in on the events at Veridian.*

David: We don't know a hell of a lot about what is happening, but what we do know is that Veridian is building up to supernova. When it does, it will take the entire system with it.

John: Is the system inhabited?

David: Viridian IV is home to a pre-warp civilisation. They're society is at the technological level of mid-20th century Earth, prior to the advent of atomic energy. There are at least 3 Billion people there.

Sam: Let me guess; the star was not supposed to go nova this early.

David: Exactly. Long range scans show a massive amount of twilight energy being fired directly into Veridian's sun.

T'mar: Gee, it's as though someone gave the Shadows a sword capable of destroying--

Sam: Shut up.

Matt: Why would the Shadows do this?

Sam: Theatrics. He needs to use S'tak'ra to open the Forge. He knows that once he does that, we can find him.

Matt: So this is a distraction.

Sam: No. It's a countdown.

David: To what?

Sam: Extinction.

He's going to let the star go nova and, in the wake of the wave, he's going to bring the entire Shadow fleet through, unopposed.

Matt: But his forces on the planet--

Siraga: Will be able to port across the entire Galaxy once they arrive.

*Siraga, Taraka and Ryan have all emerged in the room.*

Ryan: There is no way any of you will be able to stop them once they've arrived. 5 Shadow Vessels? A challenge. Drazaak is going to bring in hundreds!

Siraga: Not even my people at their height could challenge that many vessels, except with the aid of the Preservers, Guardians and Shedai. Now, there are only a handful of Guardians left.

We'll only be able to stop the Shadows if we strike before Veridian goes nova. We destroy the blade once and for all.

Dorman: *Bringing up the Innovade consular* Given the current state of things the Federation is committed to putting this to an end. Its what Allen would want us to do, not to mention those that are not here to help.

How long do we have?

*The Innovade comes on the screen, his eyes glowing as he is connected to the rest.*

Drexler: You have around 72 hours but that is a rough estimate. We have moved out more of the Twilight weaponry and Outfitted them onto the MS squads and Ships. The Captured WMD that was acquired was much help in finding a trick to have it adapted to our technology. But again the cool down rate on the ships with fold space drives will run the chance of extreme consequences...

Dorman: What are those perhaps?

Drexler: Anything from Overload of the neuro-gel packs, to drive core breach, or at worst a artificial singularity.

Dorman: Lovely...
    edited November 2013
    S. Sam: Agreed. Whoever wants to volunteer, step forward.

*She, C. Sam and Delby all step back. S. Sam grins at Velvar.*

Well, it's very kind of you to volunteer, Velvar.

*Velvar is at the terminal taping away at the screen... The system is complex but after some time it opens up.. *

Velvar: Alright madam open the valve there and key in the code on the screen..
    edited November 2013
    *Velvar is at the terminal taping away at the screen... The system is complex but after some time it opens up.. *

Velvar: Alright madam open the valve there and key in the code on the screen..

*S. Sam turns the valve and enters the code.*

S. Sam: Velvar, it's 'Sam'. Call me 'madam' again and I'll throw you out an airlock.

*She smirks at him.*

So, how long is this gonna take?
    edited November 2013
    Dorman: *Bringing up the Innovade consular* Given the current state of things the Federation is committed to putting this to an end. Its what Allen would want us to do, not to mention those that are not here to help.

How long do we have?

*The Innovade comes on the screen, his eyes glowing as he is connected to the rest.*

Drexler: You have around 72 hours but that is a rough estimate. We have moved out more of the Twilight weaponry and Outfitted them onto the MS squads and Ships. The Captured WMD that was acquired was much help in finding a trick to have it adapted to our technology. But again the cool down rate on the ships with fold space drives will run the chance of extreme consequences...

Dorman: What are those perhaps?

Drexler: Anything from Overload of the neuro-gel packs, to drive core breach, or at worst a artificial singularity.

Dorman: Lovely...

Siraga: If you check, you'll find that the rate of collapse is increasing. You actually have less time.

No matter how many people you arm with twilight weapons, you won't be able to fight a Shadow army.

We can.

Sam: But they can distract the Shadows.

Siraga: A distraction which will likely cost them their lives.

We'll get ready for the coming battle.

*Sam stands up.*

Sam: I'm coming with you.

*Siraga nods and the guardians vanish again with her, except Ryan.*

Ryan: Admmiral Dorman, good to see you again. I wish it was under better circumstances.
    edited November 2013
    *S. Sam turns the valve and enters the code.*

S. Sam: Velvar, it's 'Sam'. Call me 'madam' again and I'll throw you out an airlock.

*She smirks at him.*

So, how long is this gonna take?

Velvar: Not long. Hopefully.

*The tank's contents rumble to life and the tank opens *
    edited November 2013
    Siraga: If you check, you'll find that the rate of collapse is increasing. You actually have less time.

No matter how many people you arm with twilight weapons, you won't be able to fight a Shadow army.

We can.

Sam: But they can distract the Shadows.

Siraga: A distraction which will likely cost them their lives.

We'll get ready for the coming battle.

*Sam stands up.*

Sam: I'm coming with you.

*Siraga nods and the guardians vanish again with her, except Ryan.*

Ryan: Admmiral Dorman, good to see you again. I wish it was under better circumstances.

Dorman: I know. Likewise Ryan.. *Fisher comes in the room, in a time appropriate uniform...*

Fisher: Dear what would you say to some time off?

*Looks to Ryan *

Oh hello..
    edited November 2013
    Sinclaire stands on the inifinitys observation deck meditating preparing for the battle he knows will ensue.

Jacob walks up behind him.

Jacob: can we win.

Sinclaire gets up

Sinclaire: I don't know. The guardians are preparing to attack but ..... I honestly just don't know.