Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    Sinclair's: you may not like it old man but we may need to jump from tower to tower to help them out. We can jump back and forth quickly. Or I suppose I can jump around like a rabbit on steroids.

Preserver: That is not wise but maybe unavoidable.
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Preserver: That is not wise but maybe unavoidable.

Sinclaire : the only other thing i could possibly do is open a conduite at each tower and keep them active to try and save time. Not sure how long i could keep that up but.

He draws one sword while his other hand glows a dark orange ready to fire or create a shield.

OOC: his combat is close quarters as well im sure you figured that out but wanted to clarify
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Elsewhere

Tyrranus: everything is going as we planned. The UNSC is going to open negotiations with the republic. Vanguard is occupied to the brink. And we go about our business as normal.

He smiles lightly as he drinks

Tyrranus: all our pieces are coming together as i knew they would
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    *Deep Space. A large ship decloaks as it approaches the sensory blind spot created by a pulsar cluster.

In a room overlooking a medical bay, a man in a dark grey suit stands, smoking a cigar.*

Mysterious Man: How's the project going, Doctor Warren?

*A balding man in a lab coat walks up to him, holding a PADD.*

Dr Warren: Better than expected, given the severity of his injuries and the length of time he's been left in stasis. How did you--?

Mysterious Man: "Project: Marksman" was "lost" on a military transport on his way back home. I have my resources, Doctor. More than that, you do not need to know.

What kind of time frame are we looking at?

Dr Warren: Optimistically, 2-3 years. However, if we hit a complication... it could be expensive.

Mysterious Man: Money is not an issue. What about Archangel?

Dr Warren: That has not been easy. With Matheson dead and most of the scientists who were part of the project either underground or also dead, I have had to spend a long time bringing the new team up to speed. We also lost a lot of the project data when O.S.S. destroyed Facility 5.

Mysterious Man: Perhaps for the best. The mess Matheson made with the AISDs is better left forgotten and unreplicable.

I believe it would be best to drop the cybernetics side of the project completely, don't you?

Dr Warren: I've already done it.

Mysterious Man: Good. What else do you need?

Dr Warren: Test subjects. I can only go so far with my personal notes. A lot of the project has to start from scratch. Connor has--

Mysterious Man: We are attempting to provide an effective infiltrator, Doctor. Connor can wait until you are ready to proceed with Project: Spartacus.

Dr Warren: Very well. But, subjects are still a problem. Allington was able to fight her programming when O.S.S. stepped in. She hesitated when Agent Hawk tried to talk her down.

Mysterious Man: Then you should find subjects who you can condition easier, without need of holo-induction and psychotropic drugs.

Dr Warren: And where do you suppose I--?

Mysterious Man: History question, Doctor; Earth, 1930s, TRIBBLE Germany. How did Adolf Hitler and his party ensure the loyalty of the younger generation?

Dr Warren: By indoctrinating the children...

You're not serious?

Mysterious Man: Not to the extent he went to, of course. We do not need fascists or xenophobes.

Dr Warren: But you do need psychopaths? These children--

Mysterious Man: Could you control them without an external stimulus?

Dr Warren: Yes, but--

Mysterious Man: Doctor... the method the Germans used was quite passive.

Dr Warren: They rewrote their nation's history!

Mysterious Man: Because that was what was necessary. This time, it will not be. We don't need to assure their loyalty to us because they will have know only us. Doctor, planets such as Nimbus III and New Sydney are rife with homeless orphans. You only need to ensure they will be willing and able to do what is necessary.

You will also treat them amicably. Is that sufficient?

Dr Warren: Yes..., sir.

Mysterious Man: Good.

How is your side project, by the way? Gene-splicing, was it?

Dr Warren: I have hit a roadblock on that, I'm afraid.

Mysterious Man: A pity, but, such is the way of scientific life. Very well, Doctor, you can return to your archer now.

Dr Warren: Yes, sir.

*Warren walks out slowly.*

OOC: Setting up a story arc for later. Dr Warren here is a reference to Dr Miles Warren (or "The Jackal") from Marvel Comics.

Made me think of the spartan II project form halo lol
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    *OOC: Hmm Illusive man an influence too? Just curious really. As tossing money at it would be his style and resources. But hey. I like it. I wonder all of it. though..*

*Kai arrives at the facility thanks to the usual tricks and papers and the stealth module. He is secretly amazed at how the Federation has kept this place under the radar and out of enemy sight. *

Kai: *He quietly walks by making sure steps are not heard and missing innovades as he goes. The room he is looking for is filled with a AI core and processing units.*

There...

*He gets in with manipulation of the biometerics and identifying markers.. Child's play.. should just say "Open me".. *

Kai: *Starts into the machine through his omni-tool and introduces a virus into the system.. and it starts downloading the information he needs on research sites the Federation has found and he finds out where the power source is for the dormant relay... *

Found it... Now unlocking it..

*He then makes his way out as the system starts malfunctioning but the No-field is unaffected. *

At a separate station

Firefly: so doctor what do you think of that preserver. I mean he seems like he knows alo of whats going on.....wait thats that was odd. Holtz its almost like someone accessed another inovade ai station and then wiped all traces. If i wasnt running full security of both stations i would have missed the glitch. Ill be right back i want to make sure the other station is ok.

OOC: got to show he is watching alot more then jsut the one :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    At a separate station

Firefly: so doctor what do you think of that preserver. I mean he seems like he knows alo of whats going on.....wait thats that was odd. Holtz its almost like someone accessed another inovade ai station and then wiped all traces. If i wasnt running full security of both stations i would have missed the glitch. Ill be right back i want to make sure the other station is ok.

OOC: got to show he is watching alot more then jsut the one :)

Patrick: Shouldn't take any chances.

*Before Firefly can do much of anything the Virus starts causing blackouts at both stations.*

Holtz: The Cube what happened to the cube?

*An Innvade steps up..*

Felise 54: I am sorry Doctor.. Someone stole it and left the station in great haste. The cube is gone.

Holtz: Damn it.

Patrick: Son of a *****

How did he get past the No-Field... or even you firefly..
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sinclaire : the only other thing i could possibly do is open a conduite at each tower and keep them active to try and save time. Not sure how long i could keep that up but.

He draws one sword while his other hand glows a dark orange ready to fire or create a shield.

OOC: his combat is close quarters as well im sure you figured that out but wanted to clarify

OOC: I remember man. Just saying gonna be hard.*

Danny: So Sinclaire your gonna have to do it.. We will hold. *Throwing another burning blast of biotics.*
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Patrick: Shouldn't take any chances.

*Before Firefly can do much of anything the Virus starts causing blackouts at both stations.*

Holtz: The Cube what happened to the cube?

*An Innvade steps up..*

Felise 54: I am sorry Doctor.. Someone stole it and left the station in great haste. The cube is gone.

Holtz: Damn it.

Patrick: Son of a *****

How did he get past the No-Field... or even you firefly..

Firefly: as i said i just detected the sensor change. It was someone who knew what security was and how to bypass it. I will try to reconfigure the data but i wouldnt expect to much. Im still having trouble as it is now a moment.....purging....there that should do it for now. The best bet i can do is have some fellow ais run a scan for any ships leaving the area and put word out that it is missing
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    OOC: I remember man. Just saying gonna be hard.*

Danny: So Sinclaire your gonna have to do it.. We will hold. *Throwing another burning blast of biotics.*

Sinclaire: yipee for me.

he holds one sword while his other hand is glowing as he closes his eyes straining himself to open portals at each tower.

Sinclaire: alright let the fun begin he starts going through conduits
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    As sinclaire jumps from spot. To spot.

Sinclaire : the quiker the better I cant do this all day.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ooc: go figure its quite when I'm on lol
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Armada: On it!

*Armada lands next to the East gun, using his repulsors to knock away two of the heavies before opening up with his phaser gatlings, trying to keep all of the guards away.*

Armada: PACES, make this quick!

PACES: I am now accessing the gun's systems, sir.

Armada: Quicker than that!

*He dodges as a heavy slams his weapon down at him, before blasting forwards and slicing into it with his nano-pulses. He then uses the Impulse thrusters in his boots to blast away another, before flying up a few meters and battering them with gatling-fire.*

PACES: Sir, if you were to maintain position and proximity to the weapon, this would be much easier.

Armada: PACES, do me a favour.

PACES: Sir?

Armada: Shut up and work.

Forest, I could use a hand here!

Forest *Over Comm*: Hold on!

Armada: Hold on?

*Suddenly, he hears a furious roar before the Destroyer smashes onto the scene, beating back the Heavies.*

Destroyer: DESTROYER SMASH PUNY INSECTS!!!

Armada: ...You do that, pal.

*With thye enemy's focus now on Destroyer, Armada lands next to the gun and starts helping PACES with the link-up.*

PACES, let's get this on-line and hit the west cannon.

PACES: Yes, sir.

Armada: Hold on...

Oh, great! PACEs, you see that?!

PACES: The Omega Emitter is misaligned.

Armada: No wonder this cannon was never hooked up! The techs did a lousy job with the assembly!

Armada to Danny. I have an issue with the east gun. The Omega Emitter's misaligned. I've hooked the gun up to my targeting system, but unless we get that emitter aligned properly, it'll explode when I try to fire it.

I need you to realign the emitter. Don't worry, I've aligned a few of these back with Jacob Admiral North. I'll talk you through it.

Call me when you get here. I'm now heading to the next gun.

Hey, Destroyer, need a hand?!

Destroyer: Destroyer no need help from Tin Man - Destroyer SMASH PUNY ENEMIES!!!

Armada: A simple "no" would have sufficed.

*Armada starts heading to the next gun, having finished tying this one into his targeting system, now waiting for Danny to be ready to align the gun.*
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    At another spot Sinclaire jumps through a conduit as he slices through an enemy and blocks an attack from another. But he is getting tired keeping conduits open.

Sinclaire: how much longer I can't keep this up much longer.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    At another spot Sinclaire jumps through a conduit as he slices through an enemy and blocks an attack from another. But he is getting tired keeping conduits open.

Sinclaire: how much longer I can't keep this up much longer.

Armada: Don't worry about the conduits, Sinclaire! I can get around quickly enough without them!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Armada: Don't worry about the conduits, Sinclaire! I can get around quickly enough without them!

Sinclaire: still in any case.

Jumps clear of an attack while letting off a large blast.

Sinclaire: how long till you can get those damn cannons active.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ooc: you do know that cooper sent a message to the republic to right. Not a big hurry just wanted you to know.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sinclaire: still in any case.

Jumps clear of an attack while letting off a large blast.

Sinclaire: how long till you can get those damn cannons active.

Armada: I don't know! It could take 5 minutes or it could take 5 hours! It depends if the other guns are in the same shape as the one I just left!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ooc: you do know that cooper sent a message to the republic to right. Not a big hurry just wanted you to know.

OOC: Yeah, I didn't forget. I was just trying to keep up on the Vanguard action.

*Dalos Alpha System. Ramez is on a small military transport heading for Dalos Alpha IV. As it passes by, Ramez looks out at the charred remains of the once lush green world. His face is grim, and depressed, emphasising the ageing on his face.*

Ramez: They say it'll take 30 years and half the resources involved in Project: Romulus before Alpha IV is even close to habitable again. The only thing alive down there is bacteria.

*His Secretary sits down next to him, looking at him.*

Secretary: Sir, you can't blame yourself.

Ramez: Sure I can. The Iconians would have killed that Dreadnought if they'd came here instead of Reach, but I told them to go to Reach... along with a large chunk of our forces.

Everyone else blames me, so why can't I?

Secretary: Not everyone. Captain Santiago, for example.

*Ramez doesn't react, instead taking in the sight as the transport leaves the charred planet behind on its way to Dalos Alpha Prime.*

Sir?

Ramez: As soon as this trip is over, I'm done.

Secretary: I... I don't understand.

Ramez: I'm resigning, Ensign.

*Ramez stands walking out of the crew cabin as the transport begins final approach to the Orbital Station.

30 minutes later, Ramez walks into the President's Office. He looks across the room at the Dalosian man wearing a dark suit with compliments his almost pure silver skin colour. The President stands up, extending a hand to shake Ramez's.*

President: Admiral.

Ramez: Mr President.

*Ramez shakes his hand.*

President: Please, sit down.

Ramez: I'd prefer to stand, if you don't mind, sir.

President: Of course.

*Ramez takes a PADD out of his pocket and starts to speak, but the President cuts him off.*

Before you do what I think you're about to do, I have an assignment for you.

Ramez: Sir?

President: Not for your skill as a soldier, but your skill as a negotiator, and a diplomat.

We've received an official proposition from the Confederacy of Independent Systems to enter into a Military Alliance with them. I'd like to accept, but there are several things we need to know first. They've asked us to send an envoy - I'd like it to be you. You're popular with the U.N.S.C. and other C.I.S. members right now. I'd like you to go and "test the waters" as you humans say. Find out what kind of position they're in and, if you're completely satisfied that the Alliance would benefit us, sign the treaty.

I'd also like you to consider a permanent posting as our ambassador, if you are serious about resigning. If you accept, I'd appreciate you using the same zeal you used during the Romulan negotiations with Praetor Sarov 8 years ago.

Ramez: I understand sir. I'll leave immediately.

President: Admiral.

*Ramez salutes, before walking out.

An hour later, and he's on another transport heading to Reach. Apparently, the diplomatic office had arranged for him to meet the U.N.S.C.'s leader and the C.I.S. representatives there, as a clever ploy by the President to let him see what he saved.*
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Armada: I don't know! It could take 5 minutes or it could take 5 hours! It depends if the other guns are in the same shape as the one I just left!

Sinclaire: well I can always get some techs I know a good one.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Silent glory: sir the republic envoy is on his way.

Cooper: very good. Prepare an honor guard.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sinclaire: well I can always get some techs I know a good one.

*OOC: You do know heavies took a really big boom to kill would expect more of a challenge from it. Since it is like a tank. Plus comms for the team are down. *

*Danny and company did not hear the comm from Armada as they are busy with what it in front of them. But Danny notices a moment that the guns are taking too long and has them roll around and hold position east as Danny makes his way to the comm. What he sees is Armada getting knocked around by a heavy.. they do see it is capable of unleashing a biotic burst that puts up barriers to block nano pulse blades for a time. *

Danny: *Shooting the few enemies he can see and using a sort of burn attack on the barriers of the heavy. Then another in another blast...* Armada do it now... What did you need me to do?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    *OOC: You do know heavies took a really big boom to kill would expect more of a challenge from it. Since it is like a tank. Plus comms for the team are down. *

*Danny and company did not hear the comm from Armada as they are busy with what it in front of them. But Danny notices a moment that the guns are taking too long and has them roll around and hold position east as Danny makes his way to the comm. What he sees is Armada getting knocked around by a heavy.. they do see it is capable of unleashing a biotic burst that puts up barriers to block nano pulse blades for a time. *

Danny: *Shooting the few enemies he can see and using a sort of burn attack on the barriers of the heavy. Then another in another blast...* Armada do it now... What did you need me to do?

Ooc: you forget he doesn't need comms. But any ways
  • Options
    edited August 2013

*OOC: Hence why I said he "knocked them back". Besides, Destroyer should be more than capable of distracting them.*

Armada: I need you to realign the Omega Emitter in this gun. Remove the covering panel and turn the emitter until it is within 1 degree aligned with the prefire focusing lense.

*He quickly blasts off for the west gun. Destroyer let's out a roar as a large chunk of the aliens' exoskeleton lands near Danny.*

Destroyer: DESTROYER SMASH!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    *OOC: Hence why I said he "knocked them back". Besides, Destroyer should be more than capable of distracting them.*

Armada: I need you to realign the Omega Emitter in this gun. Remove the covering panel and turn the emitter until it is within 1 degree aligned with the prefire focusing lense.

*He quickly blasts off for the west gun. Destroyer let's out a roar as a large chunk of the aliens' exoskeleton lands near Danny.*

Destroyer: DESTROYER SMASH!!!

*Danny gets to the cover panel and takes it off and starts his realignment, just before it lines up it jams..*

Danny: Oh for the love of .... *uses his arm to push it where it needs to go... doesn't budge..*

Damn it..

*Starts hitting it then starts moving it again and it aligns back up... with whirring noises...*

Done...

*He heads back... to the line where Pyro is torching more enemies... Enjoying the fight...Grey Fox is in the thick of things using skills he used in both the Federation and his time in SHIELD... His suit takes hits but the blade is drenched in white blood. The Preserver is mixing his weapon fire and biotic attacks..*

Preserver: *noticing they are laxing in attacking them...* Praetorian...

Danny: What the hell is that?

Preserver: You will see soon...

*The thing lands and begins to attack.. as another leader comes around to the North Tower..*

Leader: Take him and prepare him for ascension Any humans in this party of use we will prepare them for their time of ascendance.

*Launches a biotic attacks at Sanders knocking him around... *

Embrace Perfection human.

*OOC: Have an idea if you will indulge. Not death but to get them involved in hunting them down fast. Someone getting Kidnapped and taken by them? Any ideas to toss on that? Also should get into Grey Fox's background as to why he wears that suit and looks gnarled up if you wanna work that somehow. *
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sinclaire : oh noe this is just great.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Cooper: also silent glory have the envoys ship transport him to the city of Voi. The deligates are already there so we will go to a more comfortable place to meet with him.

Silent Glory: aye sir.

Cooper walks to a transport pad beams over to the city.

Cooper: ah council man Verij and uital a pleasure to meet you both again.

Verij: im glad you came admiral.

Cooper: thats my job

Uital: so how do you think the conference will go?

Cooper: i see no reason it will not go well. The republic is not like the GC. Im sure it will all go well.

Verij: any word of the fleet near the romulan border?

Cooper: now im dispatching another battle group to enforce the fleet incase anything happens. With the rebels now with us i doubt the romulans will push there luck to much.

Verij: and what of the hunters? The sanhelo have already agreed to join us.

Cooper: im to go visit the hunter envoy after we speak to the republic.

Uital: very good. Admiral by the time your done you wont know whether your a diplomat or military officer.

each of them lets off a light laugh.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    *Kai is on his way back as back at the wee corner of the Galaxy into Iconian space. Where the Iconian's have found not just a relic but a relay.. But no messages have gone out as ONI occupies the facility. The Iconian leader of the facility stand before Stane *

Shozan: Stane... We have been expecting you. Come.. Have you gotten the power source?

Stane: My associate is on his way. Last I heard he does indeed have it. This is the relay?

Shozan: Indeed *hits the screen panels revealing a long tubular device massive in scope making most vessels today seem like toys. Except dreadnaughts and heavy cruisers. *

Stane: Perfect.. How have your tanks gone?

Shozan: Our Telix friends and synthesizer allies have done well. We have tanks ready along with something to amuse you.

*Reveals the lab of horrors. experimentation on various subjects, the relic in the center pulsating the song rich in their minds. Plump looking fleshy tanks sit there gestating something within..*

Stane: Gholas?

Waff 2: *Steps out from the shadows* Yes sir. We have decanted several individuals for creating Gholas..

Stane: Oh?

Who did you have in mind?

Waff 2: *Shows him the first tank with the pad...*

This one should interest you very much. A man you respect greatly for changing the world.

Stane: *looks at the pad grinning lightly as he reads it*

Oh my.. This is just perfect. He should be a great tool for us.

*The walk to the next abomination of a tank*

Stane: *As he looks at the pad, he stops for a moment intrigued for a moment.*

Waff 2: Yes all of these are individuals that will come in very good use against the forces here.

Stane: You have done well Waff.

How much longer?

Waff: Not long afterwards we will need to trigger their memories.

Stane: I assume you know how to do it for each one?

Waff: Of course how do you think my species survived all of this time?

Stane: *smirks his face not showing any hint of doubt* Of course.

*OOC: Saving up for a incident to occur with a very difficult choice to make... Not one made lightly. As yes the Vanguard will be facing him again. Also expect something else.*

*UNSC/CIS space*

*Separatists soon gang up on several important leaders of the place. Omarka is present here as he takes Representative Burkad and flays him alive. Others are killed in public displays of defiance. Reach's ONI facility top secret research is bombed causing more destruction. Military leaders are either shot, butchered, or poisoned. Shipyards are scuttled... No word is out as the comm center is razed and tagged with rebel symbols.

Supporters of Tyrannus are dead a great deal of them..

Tyrannus's suite he is ambushed by Biotics and funds are being depleted...

A trap is now set.*

*OOC: Gotta do it man.. Did not think they were all dead did you? No worries I don't intend to have this last long.*
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Tyrranus: pitiful do you really think you can stop me. You are sorely mistaken.

Ooc: I was wondering how long something like this was going to take.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Cooper is sitting with the deligates when an odst runs in handing him a padd.

Cooper: no rest for the tired. Assemble the home fleet. We will dispatch them to deal with this. Commodore Thelix will lead the fleet. I want this dealt with. Almost all the trbels surendered months ago.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    *Kai is on his way back as back at the wee corner of the Galaxy into Iconian space. Where the Iconian's have found not just a relic but a relay.. But no messages have gone out as ONI occupies the facility. The Iconian leader of the facility stand before Stane *

Shozan: Stane... We have been expecting you. Come.. Have you gotten the power source?

Stane: My associate is on his way. Last I heard he does indeed have it. This is the relay?

Shozan: Indeed *hits the screen panels revealing a long tubular device massive in scope making most vessels today seem like toys. Except dreadnaughts and heavy cruisers. *

Stane: Perfect.. How have your tanks gone?

Shozan: Our Telix friends and synthesizer allies have done well. We have tanks ready along with something to amuse you.

*Reveals the lab of horrors. experimentation on various subjects, the relic in the center pulsating the song rich in their minds. Plump looking fleshy tanks sit there gestating something within..*

Stane: Gholas?

Waff 2: *Steps out from the shadows* Yes sir. We have decanted several individuals for creating Gholas..

Stane: Oh?

Who did you have in mind?

Waff 2: *Shows him the first tank with the pad...*

This one should interest you very much. A man you respect greatly for changing the world.

Stane: *looks at the pad grinning lightly as he reads it*

Oh my.. This is just perfect. He should be a great tool for us.

*The walk to the next abomination of a tank*

Stane: *As he looks at the pad, he stops for a moment intrigued for a moment.*

Waff 2: Yes all of these are individuals that will come in very good use against the forces here.

Stane: You have done well Waff.

How much longer?

Waff: Not long afterwards we will need to trigger their memories.

Stane: I assume you know how to do it for each one?

Waff: Of course how do you think my species survived all of this time?

Stane: *smirks his face not showing any hint of doubt* Of course.

*OOC: Saving up for a incident to occur with a very difficult choice to make... Not one made lightly. As yes the Vanguard will be facing him again. Also expect something else.*

*UNSC/CIS space*

*Separatists soon gang up on several important leaders of the place. Omarka is present here as he takes Representative Burkad and flays him alive. Others are killed in public displays of defiance. Reach's ONI facility top secret research is bombed causing more destruction. Military leaders are either shot, butchered, or poisoned. Shipyards are scuttled... No word is out as the comm center is razed and tagged with rebel symbols.

Supporters of Tyrannus are dead a great deal of them..

Tyrannus's suite he is ambushed by Biotics and funds are being depleted...

A trap is now set.*

*OOC: Gotta do it man.. Did not think they were all dead did you? No worries I don't intend to have this last long.*

OOC: Can I assume these Iconians are rebels? Because the Iconian Empire has no territory in our Galaxy. That's why they have to bring in reinforcements through the Lanco II Orbital Gate. It also makes little sense for the Iconians to enter into an alliance with the Synthesisers this soon after the Synthesisers tried to annihilate them. I'm not kidding, the Synthesisers pretty much started exterminating the Iconians in a bid to gain resources. While you may claim that the Synthesisers were not entirely responsible for the conflict with the Republic (I've been meaning to go in depth into the dawn of the conflict for a while), the Synthesisers were the aggressors against the Iconians.

Also, can you pm me about the Gholas? I have a fairly good idea about who one of them (the second one) is supposed to be, but just to put my mind at rest.

And don't you think essentially tearing the U.N.S.C. apart from within is a little extreme just to deal with Tyrannus? Granted, it makes the alliance with the Republic that much more important, but still... it's a tad extreme.

But, hey, it's Logan's faction, so I'll leave it up to him.

Oh, and since it has come up a couple of times, for future reference I don't watch Game of Thrones. If my storylines seem reminiscent of it, that's a complete coincidence.

*Lanco II, Secret underground bunker. 2 humanoid Synthesisers are standing in front of a pod as several Worker Drones scurry around.*

Synth 1: How long?

Synth 2: It's almost ready. Trying to rebuild from a cell which has been inactive for more than 10 years is difficult.

Are you sure we can't tell Adjeca?

Synth 1: Sam would not have wanted this. She saw the similarities between the two Synthesiser races, but knew that the differences would make any union short-lived. We are already fighting to survive against the Republic without fighting amongst ourselves.

*OOC: Just setting up for a storyline to explain the dawn of the Synthesiser-Republic conflict.*

*R.C.S. (Republic Colonial Ship) Shepard's Lamp, Danos Minor. The Shepard's Lamp is being accompanied by the R.S.S. Hood through the Pegasus Gate. On the other side, they are greeted by a small Space Station above a massive M-Class Planet designated as... Pegasus Prime. The Orbital Station has been named Deep Space P-01 (or "Pegasus 01"). The Shepard's Lamp will be the first vessel to begin colonisation in the Pegasus Galaxy, starting with the location where the Hood's Away Team first beamed down to the planet 3 years ago. The Republic has placed a lot of resources into the Pegasus Project, with the plan being to establish a Provisional Government covering 5 different colonies within 5 years.*

OOC: This is setting up for later, after the 20 year time-skip.