test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,276 Arc User
    *Johanna hurries off to the cargo holds, trying not to sprint and to stay focused as she Hope's to find Mila in here*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    OoC: Logan are you talking about the precursors? Or is this a different non halo related race?
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Ooc: to be totally honest I haven’t quite decided. Probably going to make one that incorporates a little bit of them and some different ones. If you have any ideas or anything with it feel free to let me know.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    *Johanna hurries off to the cargo holds, trying not to sprint and to stay focused as she Hope's to find Mila in here*

*When she gets there, she finds a normal series of cargo holds, most carrying cereal products. She does however find Weston and the security team scanning a locked door to one of the holds.*

Security: The hold's screened by a scattering field.

Weston: Can you break through it?

Security: I don't think even Columbia's scanner array could.

*Weston taps his combadge.*

Weston: Weston to Allen. We've found something near the aft holds.

*Within minutes, Dani is there with the Orion Captain in tow.*

Dani: What is it?

Weston: The door's sealed and there's a scattering field stopping us from scanning the contents.

Dani: The other holds?
    ryan218 wrote: »
    *Meanwhile, Tora Ziyal. Karen is watching Serah as they're both in the holodeck for another session, Serah blowing off steam against a hologram.*

OOC: Think you missed this West.
    Harper is in his office as Strauss walks in.

Strauss: you said you wanted to speak for a moment.

Harper: yes I did. Please have a seat.

As Strauss sits down Harper takes an padd and sets it down for Strauss to read.

Harper: I’m sure your aware of the gateway network we had found years ago that spans much of this galaxy. Even some outside of it.

Strauss: yes I am aware of it. Why?

Harper: given our current situation and the low number of ships we have in reactivating the program to link all UNSC controlled worlds and colonies in the gateway network.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    Strauss: I understand. Are you sure that’s still the best decision? Do we know how anyone else will respond.

Harper: at the time we don’t have the ships or resources to do it any other way. Me you and Col. Flynn will be meeting with the new president in a few hours.

Strauss: I see. Well then I better take a look at these older files I suppose.

Strauss gets up and takes the padd as he leaves. Heading to his office over at Highcomm.
    Vanguard stands by a large pool that shows him earth and the work from Halsey is doing.

Vanguard: does anything being done here threaten to make Alduin stronger?

Ur: no not that I can tell. He hasn’t made any type of move since he lost the undine.

Vanguard: are they in any danger looking into these things?

Ur: no. All the older and ancient races put in key safety measures to make sure their technology wasn’t reached before anyone was ready.

Vanguard: good. Things are slowly calming down it seems for the most part which is good. Still I want you to keep a close eye on them at earth. If they start to get into trouble we will take steps to make sure they are safe.

Ur nods as he leaves the large chamber leaving vanguard alone.
    Fleetcomm hq

Carter walks into harpers office.

Carter: we need to talk.

Harper: Computer engage security lockout of office.

A moment later

Harper: what is wrong.

Carter: ONI has a joint operation with section 31 in Pegasus. Genetic modification that sort of thing. As of recently I have been unable to reach any of them.

Harper: they’ve gone rogue?

Carter: possibly. If they have the research they have and the resources

Harper: how bad

Carter: bad.
    A few hours later Harper is walking into the presidents office with Strauss.

Lang;”: gentlemen it’s good to finally meet you both.

Harper: madam president it’s goo to see you as well.

Lang gestured her hand as her aide leaves the room leaving them alone

Lang: I’m told you have some things we need to go over.

Harper: yes ma’am. A number of things actually.

Lang: well let’s jump right to it shall we.

Harper: as you know the UNSC military here is stretched extremely thin as it is. Right now we can patrol the border lightly and protect a number of key areas. But a vast majority is under patrolled and open areas for pirates and criminals to work and thrive in.

Lang: I am aware of the situation here admiral. What options do we have to deal with it.

Harper: I suggest restarting the gateway program and using that to transport goods and people between worlds and for the time being refitting any available ship to be used in at least a patrol capacity.

Lang: and how long would it take to implement?

Harper: about 2 months altogether.

Lang: I see what else do you have?
    Ooc: hope everyone is ok
    OoC: Sorry, I think I had the flu, I'm finally getting better but the antibiotics I had didn't do much.

Johanna: I haven't found any other locked holds or atleast none that have a scattering field.

Serah: Ah! *She grunts throwing heavy punches at the hologram, she's getting rough, but not as bad as when Karen and Tsuki have fought before*
    OoC: Sorry, I think I had the flu, I'm finally getting better but the antibiotics I had didn't do much.

Johanna: I haven't found any other locked holds or atleast none that have a scattering field.

Serah: Ah! *She grunts throwing heavy punches at the hologram, she's getting rough, but not as bad as when Karen and Tsuki have fought before*

OOC: Okay man. Hope you get better quick.

*Karen watches as she quickly manages to take the hologram down.

Orion Freighter. Dani turns to the Orion Captain.*

Dani: Open it.

Orion Freighter: You have no--!

Dani: Ensign Strauss, if our friend here doesn't open that door in the next 5 seconds, force it.

*Five seconds pass with no action by the Orion.*
    Johanna: Yes Captain. *she begins to manually override the lock, using her engineering experience*

Serah: I feel a bit better... *She stretches and pants, standing over the hologram*
    Johanna: Yes Captain. *she begins to manually override the lock, using her engineering experience*

Serah: I feel a bit better... *She stretches and pants, standing over the hologram*

*Karen steps into the cage with her and checks on her.*

Karen: Is it helping?

*Orion Freighter. The door opens, revealing a hold full of contraband such as weapons, tekasite, and biomimetic gel. Dani gets frustrated, grabbing the Orion and ramming him up against a wall.*

Dani *angry*: Where's The Pit?!

Orion Captain: You can't do--!

Dani *angry*: WHERE?!

Orion Captain: We just... relay the signal! I don't know where it is!

Dani *angry*: You must pick up the signal from someone! Who?!

Orion Captain: Do you have any idea what J'sani'd do to me if I told?

Dani *angry*: My daughters are in that place. Do you want to find out what I'll do if you don't?!

Weston *concerned*: Captain...
    ONI research lab

J’ra leads Bridger into a small room

J’ra: wait here. She will be with you soon enough.

Bridger nods as the sanghelli leaves. A few moments later Song walks in.

Song: so I hear you are wanting to get into some genetic work?

Bridger: you hear correctly.

Song: well let’s talk business.
    Serah: Maybe. *she sighs* I think so.

*Johanna stays quiet, agreeing with the Captain's stance but not sure what she could do to threaten the orion*
    Serah: Maybe. *she sighs* I think so.

*Johanna stays quiet, agreeing with the Captain's stance but not sure what she could do to threaten the orion*

*Karen hugs her briefly.*

Karen: Wanna see if you can take me?

*Orion Freighter.*

Orion Captain: The Siobhan System! We pick up the signal from there! That's all I know!
    After a few hours of speaking Bridger is led to a small lab with adjacent quarters as well.

Song: you can use these for now. I’ll have some work sent down for you to start on. Feel free to explore the compound but do not enter any restricted areas. If you do there will be severe consequences.

Bridger: understood loud and clear.

She nods as she leaves him alone.

Bridger: alright let’s see what we get to work on today.

He walks over to a small desk with a terminal that he starts going through.

Elsewhere on the base.

J’ra: well was I correct?

Song: most likely yes. Keep a close eye on him. If he is what we think he could be a most useful test subject.

J’ra nods as Song leaves the security room as J’ra takes another look at the security screens.
    Johanna: What should we do with him Captain? He might be lying hoping to escape before we find out.

Serah: I don't know... I feel weird thinking about fighting you. Mostly because of... her. *she rubs her arm* I don't think I'm ready for that yet.
    Johanna: What should we do with him Captain? He might be lying hoping to escape before we find out.

Serah: I don't know... I feel weird thinking about fighting you. Mostly because of... her. *she rubs her arm* I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

Karen: Okay... Do you want me to reset the hologram and up the difficulty?

*Orion Freighter.*

Dani: Put him in the brig.

*They beam back and notify P-Sec to pick up the freighter before preparing to jump to Siobhan.*
    *Johanna is impatient and fidgety, wanting to rescue Mila as soon as possible. Her adrenaline is starting to run higher than normal, her muscles becoming a little more defined as her emotions trigger the fight or flight response Ylons are known for.*

Serah: Sure. *she nods gently*
    *Johanna is impatient and fidgety, wanting to rescue Mila as soon as possible. Her adrenaline is starting to run higher than normal, her muscles becoming a little more defined as her emotions trigger the fight or flight response Ylons are known for.*

Serah: Sure. *she nods gently*

*Karen kisses her on the cheek before stepping out of the cage and resetting the hologram, upping the difficulty. The hologram takes a stance and watches Serah closely.

Orion Ship, the next morning. Mila is lying on her bunk, thinking.  After a moment, a thug comes in.*

Thug: Congratulations, you got a roomie.

Mila: Seriously?

Thug: We need the space, and J'sani's big on family reunions.

*Mila stands up and tenses as he tosses Cassi inside, who immediately turns back to him as he leaves.*

Cassi *angry*: You are not leaving me in here with her!

*After a moment, Cassi turns to glare at Mila, the two circling each other warily.*

Mila *angry*: Long time, Cass...

Cassi *angry*: I'm sorry, is this part where we talk about our feelings and hug it out?

Mila *angry*: Why do you hate me so much?

Cassi *angry*: You broke my f***ing leg.

Mila *angry*: You wanted to kill me.

Cassi *angry*: You left me to die!

Mila *angry*: Listen, Cass!  I passed out when Casval brought the ceiling down on us!  He told me you died in the cave in.  I didn't realise what really happened until later!

*She grabs Cassi and rams her up against the wall, pinning her there.*

And you were the one who set the compound to blow with both of us inside!  You came at me with a knife!  I didn't want any of that!

Cassi *angry*: You're the one who started the fight!

Mila *angry*: You stabbed us in the back!  You blew up half the ship, nearly killed James and Cas'!  I f***ing hated you!

*Mila pushes off, trying to calm down.  Cassi glares at her hatefully as she recovers.*

I didn't want you dead... I just wanted to hurt you...

*Mila turns to look at Cassi over her shoulder.*

Take the bottom bunk.  Just stay clear of me.
    Halsey is walking through the ruins taking note of anything she finds of value.

Guilty tangent: I have completed my scan of our guest.

Halsey: well what have you found?

Guilty tangent: he is an ancient construct of what species exactly I can’t tell. But he seems to have an extensive data base in his memory banks. Far more then I have ever seen in any one construct.

Halsey: did he give you any added information at all?

Guilty tangent: no which was most regrettable. He seems to have entered a sleep mode after I was finished. I thought it best to wait for you to continue.

Halsey: I’m guessing there are certain steps we will need to take to get what we want. The question is going to be what steps are they.
    *Serah lingers forward with a hook but flows with the punch into a spin kick*
    *Serah lingers forward with a hook but flows with the punch into a spin kick*

*The hologram takes the kick and throws a straight kick at Serah's face.*
    *Serah ducks under it and goes for a gut punch*
    Harper: I think it would be good to set up how we are going to operate

Lang: you will operate much as normal. You will have your jurisdiction and work closely with planetary governments. Otherwise as normal you will oversee security and defense of all our space.

Strauss: and as the gateways go?

Lang: each gate will be given to the UNSC to control and establish a base around it. They will fall under UNSC jurisdictions. Now if we don’t have any other issues I think that should be enough for today.

Harper: yes ma’am.

The two get up and mod as they leave.
    *Serah ducks under it and goes for a gut punch*

*It connects, the hologram staggering back and guarding.*
    *Orion Ship.  Mila is lying on her bunk, thinking.  After a moment, a thug comes in.*

Thug: Congratulations, you got a roomie.

Mila: Seriously?

Thug: We need the space, and J'sani's big on family reunions.

*Mila stands up and tenses as he tosses Cassi inside, who immediately turns back to him as he leaves.*

Cassi *angry*: You are not leaving me in here with her!

*After a moment, Cassi turns to glare at Mila, the two circling each other warily.*

Mila *angry*: Long time, Cass...

Cassi *angry*: I'm sorry, is this part where we talk about our feelings and hug it out?

Mila *angry*: Why do you hate me so much?

Cassi *angry*: You broke my f***ing leg.

Mila *angry*: You wanted to kill me.

Cassi *angry*: You left me to die!

Mila *angry*: Listen, Cass!  I passed out when Casval brought the ceiling down on us!  He told me you died in the cave in.  I didn't realise what really happened until later!

*She grabs Cassi and rams her up against the wall, pinning her there.*

And you were the one who set the compound to blow with both of us inside!  You came at me with a knife!  I didn't want any of that!

Cassi *angry*: You're the one who started the fight!

Mila *angry*: You stabbed us in the back!  You blew up half the ship, nearly killed James and Cas'!  I f***ing hated you!

*Mila pushes off, trying to calm down.  Cassi glares at her hatefully as she recovers.*

I didn't want you dead... I just wanted to hurt you...

*Mila turns to look at Cassi over her shoulder.*

Take the bottom bunk.  Just stay clear of me.