• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,216 Arc User
    ryan218 wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »
    Serah: I know but I wanted to hurt her so badly. To... break her.

Johanna: Because she's family. And it's hard to hate family. I mean... you've seen how my father manipulated me. *she sighs and twiddle her fingers as she looks down* And it was easy for him to do because I loved him.

OoC: Also Merry Christmas too

Karen: So did I.

*Columbia. Mila looks down.*

Mila: When we were kids... Cassi and me used to fight. A lot. And it only got worse when she started dating James. It felt like no matter what I did, we'd always end up antagonising each other. But I still trusted her. I still loved her.

Look how well that turned out...

*She gets a far away look in her eyes, which are starting to well up.*

*OOC: The main reason Mila hasn't let anyone - Including Johanna - get close to her is how badly betrayed she felt by Cassi, and her conflicted emotions around Cassi's death. It's taken her this long to really start grieving.*

Johanna: I know... *she tries to hug Mila, its the only thing she can think of to do* She was your sister even in the end.

Serah: I just don't like feeling like that... it feels wrong.

*Karen hugs her.*

Karen: Maybe we could go blow off some steam? I can put a programme together on the holodeck.

*Columbia. Tears roll down Mila's face as she shuts her eyes. After a moment, sniffling, she pulls out of the hug.*

Mila: Thanks...

Johanna: I'm glad I was able to help. *she smiles sadly, glad she atleast managed to cheer her up a little.* Maybe you should just relax for a bit. Ask for some leave?

Serah: I suppose I could go for something like that right now.

*Karen leads her to the holodeck.*

Karen: Okay, you wanna do anything in particular, or do you just wanna beat on something?

*Columbia.*

Mila: Maybe... Haven't been planetside in a while.

Johanna: I'd join you but I don't think they'd let me have any leave for a while after what happened.

Serah: Beating something sounds fun.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User

Johanna: Because she's family. And it's hard to hate family. I mean... you've seen how my father manipulated me. *she sighs and twiddle her fingers as she looks down* And it was easy for him to do because I loved him.

Mila: When we were kids... Cassi and me used to fight. A lot. And it only got worse when she started dating James. It felt like no matter what I did, we'd always end up antagonising each other. But I still trusted her. I still loved her.

*OOC: The main reason Mila hasn't let anyone - Including Johanna - get close to her is how badly betrayed she felt by Cassi, and her conflicted emotions around Cassi's death. It's taken her this long to really start grieving.*

Johanna: I know... *she tries to hug Mila, its the only thing she can think of to do* She was your sister even in the end.

*Karen hugs her.*

Karen: Maybe we could go blow off some steam? I can put a programme together on the holodeck.

*Columbia. Tears roll down Mila's face as she shuts her eyes. After a moment, sniffling, she pulls out of the hug.*

Johanna: I'm glad I was able to help. *she smiles sadly, glad she atleast managed to cheer her up a little.* Maybe you should just relax for a bit. Ask for some leave?

Karen: Okay, you wanna do anything in particular, or do you just wanna beat on something?

*Columbia.*

Johanna: I'd join you but I don't think they'd let me have any leave for a while after what happened.

Mila: I understand.

*Tora Ziyal. Karen nods and programs something in. When they enter, there's a basic sparring hologram standing in an octagonal cage.*
  • Options
    *Columbia, a few hours later. Mila is talking to Dani.*

Dani: Are you sure about this?

Mila: I just need some time to... process everything. Figure out how I actually feel.

Dani: About what?

Mila: Everything? Cassi, whether I can really trust anyone anymore, Casval...

*After a moment, Dani nods and stands up, putting a hand on Dani's shoulder.*

Dani: I understand. You have 6 months saved up. Take as long as you need.

*Mila smiles and stands up, hugging her.*

Mila: Thank you.

Dani: Where will you go?

Mila: I figured I'd spend some time on Pegasus Prime. Get grounded.

Dani: We'll be resupplying there tomorrow. You can disembark then.
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Halsey is in her quarters with Guilty Tangent floating close by.

Halsey: these symbols here are definitely forerunner but the others don’t seem to be related to any of the known ancient races we have encountered. Do you recognize them at all.

Guilty Tangent: no I’m afraid not. I scanned through my entire forerunner database and have found no related symbols. It’s possible it is older then any of the races we even know about.

Halsey: that’s what I’m starting to guess. This area should be interesting to study to say the least.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    After having left Harper and Strauss Carter walks to his waiting pelican. Once aboard

Carter: pilot take me to sword base. Best speed.

Pilot: aye sir!

As the pelican takes off carter takes a padd and begins looking over the last request from Halsey before she left for earth to look and research the site shown to them by Section 31.

Carter: you’ve been planning this request a long time haven’t you doctor.

He scrolls through the padd reading her request for genetic augmentation and new armor and weapon technology for a new and even deadlier generation of Spartans and a new design of ship class.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    As the memorial is winding down Harper walks up to the other leaders present.

Harper: I just wanted to say I appreciate you all showing up. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know. While I am going to be heading back to fleetcomm to oversee operations you all are welcome to stay as long as you wish.

Janeway: admiral I would like to have a moment to talk to you in your office before I leave. There are a few things we should discuss.

Harper: of course. As I said thank you all for your support
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,216 Arc User

*Karen hugs her.*

*Columbia.*

*Tora Ziyal. Karen nods and programs something in. When they enter, there's a basic sparring hologram standing in an octagonal cage.*

Serah: Is it just like any old training hologram?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options

*Karen hugs her.*

*Columbia.*

Serah: Is it just like any old training hologram?

Karen: Yeah. Not making that mistake again...
  • Options
    *Pegasus Prime, 24 hours later. Mila walks into an apartment in the central quarter of Hood's Landing. The navy is paying for the rent and utilities. She puts her bag down on the sofa and takes a look out a nearby window. Skimmers, Hoppers, Shuttles and Hovercars wizz through the street lanes as the sun begins to set, the cityscape lighting up in a dozen colours.*

Mila: I wonder if this is what Earth used to look like...

*She looks down and sees a number of nightclubs, with patrons flocking inside.*

You'd have loved it here, Cass'.

*Later, PegComm HQ, Hood's Landing. Mila walks into the visitor centre in her civvies, stepping through an ID scanner into the military zone before approaching the advice desk.*

Clerk: Lieutenant Allen?

Mila: How did you...?

*The clerk smiles and gestures over the desk to the scanner.*

Right...

Clerk: How can I serve you today?

Mila: I was reading the prep pack on Peg Prime, but it didn't really cover much outside the centre of Hood's Landing and Forrester City.

Clerk: Yes, the pack is intended as a primer for shore leave. If crewmen are concentrated in one or two areas--

Mila: It makes it easier for the security officer on Shore Patrol to round up any stragglers.

Clerk: Exactly.

Mila: Look, I'm gonna be here for at least the next few weeks. Is there anything a bit less... manicured for me to see?

Clerk: Well, there's the Pegasus Museum of Colonial Settlement.

Mila *fake*: Yay.

Clerk: Or the Arcadian War Memorial Park.

Mila: I was thinking more sport & leisure.

Clerk: The Ramez Memorial Stadium hosts a number of sporting events, and the Central Arcade is known for its excellent holo suite facilities.

Mila: Okay, getting better.

*Mila walks over to a holo map of the planet, rotating it slightly until she notices a small flag over a town on a neighbouring continent.*

Hey, what's in "Chellion"?

Clerk: That's on an avoidance list. The crime rate is abnormally high there.

Mila: Is it dangerous?

Clerk: Depends on your reference point.

Mila: I used to sneak into the downbelow sectors of Shangri-la Station as a kid.

Clerk: It's at about that level.

Mila: Anything interesting there?

Clerk: Well, it's known for its strong nightclub scene. But nothing worth getting mugged for.

Mila *internal thought*: What is it you used to say, Cass? "Live a little"?

*Mila smiles before turning to leave.*

Mila: Thanks for your help.

*The clerk stands up.*

Clerk: At least take your comm badge with you!
  • Options
    OOC: So, what do you guys think of the Mila arc so far?
  • Options
    Ooc: I’m liking it.
  • Options
    Soon the Prowler arrives in orbit of earth.

Pellion: doctor Halsey please report to the bridge.

A few moments later.

Halsey: I take it we have arrived.

Pellion: yes ma’am. We have coordinated for a beam down spot at the site of the find.

Halsey: of course we’ll let’s get started the sooner we get down and started the better.

Pellion nods as they start loading the teams gear and personnel onto the transporter.
  • Options
    *Pegasus Prime, Chellion. Mila is dancing in the Nightclub 'Shooting Star', having had a couple of drinks by this point. An hour later, having spent a few hours there, she leaves and walks down a narrow street towards the transporter station. She hasn't had this much fun in years. All through Starfleet Academy she'd spent most of her free time either training or studying. Even her childhood had been fairly dull, being the President's daughter. Sneaking into the seedier parts of Shangri-la was about the only thrill she could get.

As she's walking down, a large Orion male bumps into her shoulder, Mila turning to shout at him.*

Mila: Hey, watch it!

*As she turns to keep walking, she bumps into a second Orion male, towering over her.*

Orion: You navvy?

Mila: Who wants to know?

*She steps back a little and notices the other Orion behind her blocking her escape route. She keeps cool and looks the lead Orion in the eye.*

Orion: You look navvy.

Mila: Didn't realise we had a look.

*The orion points at her comm badge.*

Orion: J'sani pays well for navvy's.

Mila *thinking*: Did he just say J'sani? As in Hera J'sani?

*She goes for her comm badge, the two Orions grabbing her. She just manages to tap it three times before it falls off in the struggle, Mila grunting and kicking the thug in front in the face. He retaliates with a fist to hers and she blacks out.*
  • Options
    Ooc: and see what happens when people just try to have fun lol.
  • Options
    Ooc: well I guess I should start some of the things I have starting in Pegasus as well.

Bridger is in a dark bar on the planet as he waits for a contact to meet with him.

Waitress: what can I get for you sir.

Bridger: tarian brandy please.

Waitress: coming right up.

She leaves to get his drink as a female approaches his seat.

S’rel: so see anything you like lately.

Bridger: just maybe.

S’rel: well you aren’t going to find it here I can tell you that.

Bridger: well then let’s step outside shall we.

He leaves a few credits on the table as they step outside. Once outside she hands him a padd.

S’rel: here’s the data we have so far on their operations.

Bridger: anything specific I should know about before heading deeper into this.

S’rel: watch your back. The Orion’s have a good hold in the underworld here but they also can get you any information you would want. I assume section 31 is using them to supply whatever they are up to that you are looking into.

Bridger: well then looks like it’s time I go find me some Orion’s to speak with.
  • Options
    logang19 wrote: »
    Ooc: and see what happens when people just try to have fun lol.

OOC: To be fair, Mila was drawn to that crime-infested town like a moth to a flame. She was pretty much looking for trouble. Speaking of which...

*Unknown Location.  Mila's head pounds as she starts to regain consciousness.  The air is humid and she can smell sweat around her.  Her face is wet around the bridge of her nose, which stings like hell.  It's probably blood.*

Male voice *muffled*: Lork and Chorik picked her up in Chellion.

Female voice *muffled*: Good body.  J'sani could make a decent amount off her in the auction at Tellinar.

Male *muffled*: Lork said she's navvy.

Female *muffled*: It's "navy".  Nay-vee.  And I hope you didn't pay him the mil rate based on his word.

*There's a high-pitched buzz as Mila forces her eyes open, seeing a female Orion, not much older than her, wearing a platinum-coloured top piece and loin cloth - typical Orion dress, outside of the more progressive cartels.  The Orion 'medic' is holding a scanner to Mila's shoulder.*

Female *muffled, getting clearer*: She's chipped.  Definitely military.  Gonna have to get rid of that.  Maybe engineering can read the ID profile.

*She gives Mila a smirk, lifting her face up, chin cupped in finger.*

Too bad I'm rationing anaesthetic.  For you.

*Mila's now fully conscious again, realising she's being held up by a moderate-size Orion on her right arm.*

Male: You gonna process her?

Medic: Alright, alright.  Bring her.

*She's walked to a biobed with a metal collar waiting.  The medic lifts it up and starts carrying it over to Mila, opening it up to slip around her neck.

Mila quickly snaps her legs up and kicks both feet hard into the medic's chest, sending her to the deck as she drops the collar.  Mila then throws an elbow into the thug holding her and knocks him back with a palm strike, taking a stance as several guards start moving on her.*

Medic: Wait!

*The guards halt, and Mila turns to see the medic picking herself up, smiling menacingly.*

I'll take her.  Haven't had a good fight in weeks.

*She gets in a Cor'i stance.*

You wanna resist, sweetheart?  Resist.

*Mila guards against her, the two facing off for a moment as Mila weighs her options.  She can't run, she's hurt, even if she wins this fight she's gonna be taken down by the half-dozen guards behind her.  On the other hand, she's a little drunk, and this Orion girl's a real sli'vak, so what the hell?

Mila lunges forward and tries to throw a right hook, the medic catching it and throwing her into a wall before hitting her in the stomach with a middle kick, the hit enhanced by her metal shin guards.  Mila quickly twists them round and pins the medic against the wall, the two grunting as they struggle.*

Medic *straining*: You're pretty hot...

Mila *straining*: You're not my type...!

*The medic kicks Mila off, Mila answering back with a straight kick to the face, cutting the Medic's cheek.  Then, the medic retaliates with a punch to the face, followed by grabbing Mila's vest and yanking her into a knee to the gut.  Mila locks up and throws a punch into the medic's ribs, getting a right cross for her trouble before responding with one of her own.  The medic headbutts her to split them up before letting off a hurricane of kicks, starting with a straight to the gut, followed fluidly with a back spin kick to the shoulder (aimed at the head), then a straight kick from the other foot to the head while the first foot is still coming back down, finishing with a roundhouse that knocks Mila down.  With how hurt Mila was already, and how unprepared she was for a fight in general, she wasn't prepared for the speed and power of the assault.  As she tries to pick herself up, the medic mounts her back, locks on a choke hold, rolls them over and locks a body scissors, pulling both tight.  Mila tries to struggle, bucking and managing to weaken the scissors just through strength, but unable to overpower the medic's choke hold, quickly fading into unconsciousness.

After Mila passes out, the medic grabs the collar and puts it on her, smiling like she's impressed as she cradles a bruise under her ribcage.*

Medic *panting*: She's pretty good.  Might be worth putting her in the pit instead of selling her straight away.

Male: I'll tell J'sani.  You okay?

Medic: You kidding?  Felt good to get in a throw down again.
  • Options
    Ooc: well I guess I should start some of the things I have starting in Pegasus as well.

Bridger is in a dark bar on the planet as he waits for a contact to meet with him.

Waitress: what can I get for you sir.

Bridger: tarian brandy please.

Waitress: coming right up.

She leaves to get his drink as a female approaches his seat.

S’rel: so see anything you like lately.

Bridger: just maybe.

S’rel: well you aren’t going to find it here I can tell you that.

Bridger: well then let’s step outside shall we.

He leaves a few credits on the table as they step outside. Once outside she hands him a padd.

S’rel: here’s the data we have so far on their operations.

Bridger: anything specific I should know about before heading deeper into this.

S’rel: watch your back. The Orion’s have a good hold in the underworld here but they also can get you any information you would want. I assume section 31 is using them to supply whatever they are up to that you are looking into.

Bridger: well then looks like it’s time I go find me some Orion’s to speak with.

OOC: Maybe he should talk to Lork and Chorik?
  • Options
    Ooc: that would work
  • Options
    Bridger takes the padd as he starts to leave.

S’rel: how you plan on finding the Orion’s?

Bridger: please. In this area it shouldn’t be hard. Especially when I can change to fit into whatever environment I need. Besides I always have these if need be.

He pays his jacket where he has a duel set of pistols as well as two heavy combat knives.

S’rel: well be careful. I don’t need to have RNI come looking for me because you got killed.

Bridger smiles as he heads off looking for the Orion’s to get some more details.
  • Options
    Bridger takes the padd as he starts to leave.

S’rel: how you plan on finding the Orion’s?

Bridger: please. In this area it shouldn’t be hard. Especially when I can change to fit into whatever environment I need. Besides I always have these if need be.

He pays his jacket where he has a duel set of pistols as well as two heavy combat knives.

S’rel: well be careful. I don’t need to have RNI come looking for me because you got killed.

Bridger smiles as he heads off looking for the Orion’s to get some more details.

*He finds two large Orion males without too much trouble, partaking in some quality brandy.*
  • Options
    Bridger walks up to them

Bridger: gentlemen let me buy you both a drink.
  • Options
    Bridger walks up to them

Bridger: gentlemen let me buy you both a drink.

*They both look at him.*

Lork: You a navvy?
  • Options
    Bridger: nah just a man looking to find out some information.
  • Options
    Bridger: nah just a man looking to find out some information.

Chorik: We dunt tork to coppas.
  • Options
    Bridger: well it’s a good thing I’m not isn’t it. Besides I think you will find what I can offer you plenty worth telling me what I want to know.

He sets down a large amount of credits

Bridger: besides I hear you people are the best to talk to when someone needs information. And I would like to just have to talk to find out what I’m looking to learn. So why don’t we all benefit from this hm.
  • Options
    Bridger: well it’s a good thing I’m not isn’t it. Besides I think you will find what I can offer you plenty worth telling me what I want to know.

He sets down a large amount of credits

Bridger: besides I hear you people are the best to talk to when someone needs information. And I would like to just have to talk to find out what I’m looking to learn. So why don’t we all benefit from this hm.

Lork: What dya wanna know?
  • Options
    Bridger: I hear you and people like you may have contact with Section 31 or ONI? I heard they may be doing some disobeys here that a business man like myself could profit from. Things that I can’t die or make money from through normal channels.
  • Options
    Bridger: I hear you and people like you may have contact with Section 31 or ONI? I heard they may be doing some disobeys here that a business man like myself could profit from. Things that I can’t die or make money from through normal channels.

Lork: The Dajok brothers know about Onnies.
  • Options
    Bridger: and I assume you know how to contact them? How much is that going to cost me as I’m sure you will want more.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Bridger: and I assume you know how to contact them? How much is that going to cost me as I’m sure you will want more.

*Lork grins and taps the stack of credits Bridger already puts down, implying the same amount again.*

OOC: I'm not even 100% sure which sci-fi franchise I'm channeling with these two. :D